Ergebnis 1 bis 11 von 11
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    This little program uses elexresman.exe from Baltram to extract w_info.hdr, w_quest.hdr and world.elexwrl from mods, merges them and creates a new mod with the combined data of all mods to be loaded as the last archive by the game.

Purpose:
    - different mods can add sectors, dialogue [and|or] quests

Usage:
    Put all the wanted mods into your data\packed folder as usual, run ElexModMerger.exe and follow instructions.

Requirements:
    - mods need to be in the format m_X_Name.pak
    - it needs to be run in "elex\data\packed"
    - elexresman.exe needs to be in the same folder.

Download:
    https://upload.worldofplayers.de/fil...er23122017.zip

Please test and if you encounter any problems, do not under any circumstances post into this thread or contact me!

Sauce: https://github.com/disi/ElexModMerger
    Topic to find elexresman.exe: https://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1512504-tool-Elex-Resource-Manager

p.s. you know that was a joke, with not posting here?
    disi123 ist offline Geändert von disi123 (19.01.2018 um 18:09 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von llEill
    Nice
    llEill ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    Actual now with the patches, the merge should really grab all the original dialogues, worlds and quests, then merge the mods.

Reason being that mods may be outdated.

Can someone with the latest patch tell me what the files are called now in the data/packed folder? So the program can extract the documents and world folder from the latest official .pak file.

It may take some time for me to get the patch with the GOG-Client-free version.

p.s. I updated the version to first extract the files from c_1_na.pak to have the original data and then add mods.
    disi123 ist offline Geändert von disi123 (23.12.2017 um 01:50 Uhr)

4. #4 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    hi, the modmerge doesnt seem to work for me. i did put everythink into the packed folder and followed the instructions but of the 2 item mods i would like to use only one is active. do you have any idea what i might have done wrong?

EDIT: i now used elexresman.exe to unpack the mods and put the folders together. after that i repacked them and now all of the mods are working
    Dionysus ist offline Geändert von Dionysus (05.02.2018 um 10:55 Uhr)

5. #5 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    Zitat Zitat von Dionysus Beitrag anzeigen
    hi, the modmerge doesnt seem to work for me. i did put everythink into the packed folder and followed the instructions but of the 2 item mods i would like to use only one is active. do you have any idea what i might have done wrong?

EDIT: i now used elexresman.exe to unpack the mods and put the folders together. after that i repacked them and now all of the mods are working
    Hi, can you tell me which mods these are?
    I am not playing at the moment but I am curious.
    disi123 ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von vurt
    " Drag a folder onto elexresman.exe and enter the archive generation of
    your choice (1-9)"

what does this mean, what would for example 1 do? I guess the various numbers relates to if you want to pack an image or a sound, etc.?

There is no info of which number relates to what.
    vurt ist offline Geändert von vurt (31.05.2018 um 21:11 Uhr)

7. #7 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Baltram
    Zitat Zitat von vurt Beitrag anzeigen
    " Drag a folder onto elexresman.exe and enter the archive generation of
    your choice (1-9)"

what does this mean, what would for example 1 do? I guess the various numbers relates to if you want to pack an image or a sound, etc.?

There is no info of which number relates to what.
    These numbers determine the order in which the archives are loaded by the game. If the same file is contained in multiple archives, then the one with the highest number will end up being used in the game.
    Baltram ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Baltram Beitrag anzeigen
    These numbers determine the order in which the archives are loaded by the game. If the same file is contained in multiple archives, then the one with the highest number will end up being used in the game.
    Ok, thanks!

What kind of texture is sm? i know what nm means, but sm?
    vurt ist offline Geändert von vurt (01.06.2018 um 00:58 Uhr)

9. #9 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Baltram
    Zitat Zitat von vurt Beitrag anzeigen
    Ok, thanks!

What kind of texture is sm? i know what nm means, but sm?
    These might be specular maps.
    Baltram ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Baltram Beitrag anzeigen
    These might be specular maps.
    You're probably right, thanks again.
    vurt ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    Great mod! Got really useful when I tried to use "Amulets and Rings combining" with fixed "Missing Rings" mod (with new sector and add new items instead of replacing old ones).

Just new tip: since we want merged mods to be loaded after all others, it is extremely important to make sure it will load after other mods. So m_9_MergeMod.pak is not enough, I think it should be named something like m_0____MergeMod.pak. I just had to rename it manually, because with default name m_9__DarthNihilus_recipes.pak was loaded later on and was overwriting changes made by m_9_MergeMod.pak. This time it is caused by double "_" in name of the mod, but with mods like m_9_PiranhaBytesAreTheBest.pak we would run to the very same issue.

Btw. any reasons why mod merger is not pushed to Mod Nexus or something like that?
    xenonisbad ist offline