Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline

am I killing too many monsters too quickly? I have no hunting trophy skills yet

I am level 10. I am exploring around Ardea, Reddock and Cape Dun. My hunting skill so far is 122, as I have been concentrating, as I always do in Gothic, on Strength and Hit/life Points. I cannot take trophies yet. I have STR 148 and Hit Points 362.

I have just revisited the Tips etc thread and gone carefully through the wonderfully helpful post about items needed for quests. And now I'm worried.

For example:
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    I have explored the beaches in the area as far as the Dome and down to Cape Dun and I have killed all the lurkers. Now I see I shall need 10 lurker skins and 10 lurker claws for a quest somewhere. I have also killed a lot of wolves, though not the ones near Cape Dun, but still I have lost the chance for many wolf skins.

So will these needed monsters respawn for the specific quest(s) where they are involved? as happened e.g. in NotR with the wolves in Bartok's valley. Or am I already in deep trouble, to the point where I need to go back and restart the game?

If I am in trouble, I have to say I am really worried. It is necessary, I think, to kill monsters, not just for quests, but to get extra exp and LP. To play a Fighter, as I do, one needs to put LP into STR and Hit Points early on. To devote 4.5 levels (hunting +30, and 15 LP for the trophy taking skills) to hunting skills early on - well, it scares me, makes me think I won't be able to cope.

I'm sorry to be so downbeat, maybe I'm just having a really bad Monday. I'd be grateful for any advice.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    There is no respawn for quests, but there is a generall random respawn of some percent of your killed weaker monsters.
    You don't have to worry you will find plenty of more monsters.

Especially fur is a cash cow, because you get extra gold if you sell it to hunters, e.g. Jens in front of Cape Dun.
    And second there are serveral quest which requires fur.

So don't wait to long and learn these skills.

As a pure meele fighter eat Goblinberries to save learning points.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline
    Thanks so much, MadFaTal: as always wise and helpful. It's a relief to know that I don't have to do a complete restart.

I especially like the tip about extra cash for furs - must remember that, I just got the skinning (not reptiles) skill.

And I shall make good use of my goblinberries.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

dorfbengelchen ist offline
    You throw away a lot of money.
    But: money is more available than you will ever need anyway. What for do you want to spend much money besides learning?
    I dont know...