Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    Grumbledore raised a good point on how mods could work together. If we follow some rules, we may be able to merge mods easily.

Some guidelines I thought about:
    - do not alter any original files but world.elexwrl, w_info.hdr or w_quest.hdr
    - use you own sectors to make changes to the world, like adding NPC/Items
    - add new sectors at the bottom of world.elexwrl
    - use your own name for new Info in w_info.hdr i.e. "DISI000001"
    - add new Info at the bottom of w_info.hdr
    - use your own name for new Quests in w_quest.hdr
    - add new Quests at the bottom of w_quest.hdr
    - use new GUID for added NPC/Items in your sectors

This enables a lot of possibilities to add new content without changing many original files. Also these mods could coexist with mods that actual do alter original files, like those that change the XP for all monsters or change the PC_Hero himself.
    Plus, they can always be added to an existing save.

You can add Items/NPC
    You can add items to exiting or new merchants
    You can make existing NPC interact
    You can change stats/skills of NPC/Items

Those are just some random ideas and I just have a Deja Vu that I wrote this in the past and it ended up badly
    disi123 ist offline Geändert von disi123 (01.12.2017 um 14:47 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von Grumbledore
    "- use your own name for new Info in w_info.hdr i.e. "DISI000001""

May i suggest a change to that? Any name will work for the info file. for my custom trader i use "Helmet_Merchant". Using your "DISI0000001" is fine, but what when you create multiple mods? "DISI00000002" would be the next one for you i guess? after some time it will be quite troublesome to identify the dialouges for a mod on first glance.

so i would suggest to keep the name for dialouges quests etc according to the pak name. you can allways add prefixes like Helmet_Merchant_Life etc.

it will get more complicated when we are able to add our own strings. and using the method suggested atm we will have to add strings at some point anyway. so we will have to modify the string files too.

besides that good suggestions i like them and i allready stick to them, since i wanted to achive a stackable mod in the 1st place anyway. it would be alot easier if piranha bytes would give us an option to add stuff to the info, world, quest file etc using something like an .ini file.

in ark survival evolved we added mods to your servers by adding a modid to the serverconfig. and all mod ids were loaded. maybe PB could do something similar for us. like we create dialogue, quests and sectors and all the users have to do is copying the mod and adding the name for sectors and stuff to the .ini
    Grumbledore ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    It is what PB did "<Author><Number>".

In one mod you may have several Infos to add, so you have "DISI000001", "DISI000002" ... already in one mod.
    The Owner already indicates who the Info is run on, like "Fenk" or some other NPC or "PC_Hero" to trigger some game changes without actual dialogue or just run some scripts on conditions met.

In my second mod I may use: "DISI000010", "DISI000011" etc. to be compatible with myself
    disi123 ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von Grumbledore
    yeah and because of PB using it, it could be identified as official. but quint essence is that it doesnt matter how we name it, as long as we put it at the end of the file and it can be identified as part of a mod.

i kinda dislike the way PB named their dialogues. maybe because i am used to name variables so i can identify their purpouse. the way PB used it is like having using variables like x, x1, x11 and so on.
    Grumbledore ist offline