Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline

a few hours in and I'm not loving it

I don't know what it is about Gothic 3, but as an ardent fan of Gothic and NotR I am just not liking it.

Atmosphere: whereas NotR carried on the Gothic atmosphere and 'feel'. G3 is missing something, it feels all wrong.

I'm hoping that if I put in a couple more days, I may come to like it, maybe I shouldn't have started it fresh from having finished NotR?

I'd value opinions on this. I'm feeling really miserable right now. Thanks to all the wonderful Forum Folk.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister

Woozel ist offline
    For me it didn't feel all wrong, just a little bit empty
    Gameplay-wise i really liked Gothic 3 but quest and story-wise it just feels as unfinished as it probably was.

The feeling the landscape and the great music convey is what kind of still gave the game great atmosphere nontheless, at least for me

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Woozel Beitrag anzeigen
    The feeling the landscape and the great music convey is what kind of still gave the game great atmosphere nontheless, at least for me
    The music is really great, and the landscape so far (around Ardea is the only part I've seen) is very beautiful. My only complaint about it is that the collectible plants look so cartoon-like compared with the 'look' of the rest of the plants and grass ... But at least it makes them easy to spot, I guess.

Anyway, I'm probably not far enough into the game to make a proper judgement about it. It probably just takes a while to get used to after Gothic and NotR. The more I think about it, the more certain I am that the problem is with the storyline. Gothic and NotR had such a strong, compelling storyline right from the start. I'm not getting that with G3.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

dorfbengelchen ist offline
    GIII provides a huge world. But the story is not enough to fill it up. What remains is a lot of - often planless - running thru that huge world which just makes it bothersome in the end.

You feel: it is that kind of compromise which comes when a little start up begins to think "how can we conquer the mass market?"
    If You are not part of that mass market, but loved the ancestors due to their very special character, you cannot like the mass market compromise.

But PB's products again and again go through this "evolution"...