Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 8 von 8
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline

How important is it to get 100 Ancient Knowledge quickly?

Hi, well, here I am, fresh from finishing NotR.

I've been reading guides, and two have long, detailed instructions for running all over the world, doing nothing but getting Ancient Knowledge before actually playing the game.

Would you be kind enough to advise me on how vital this really is for getting through the game? Because it sounds like a real pain.

Many thanks to you all.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    Because it's your first time you playing Gothic3 I recommend that you totally ignore these guides.
    These guide have the goal to maximize lerning points you get during gameplay.
    It's not important at all to get 100 ancient wisdom as fast as possible.
    For me these guides ruin the game or did you the same in NotR?

I never played a pure magican in Gothic3 and I recommend that you not play as a pure archer for first time.
    Play normal and increasse your strength and fight skills as you did in the old parts.
    In contrast to old parts you have to increase you life too by spending lerning points at shrines.

If you put all your lerning points in secondary skills in the beginning you will be weak and game gets frustrating because you die often.
    So keep balance between learning primary and secondary skills and you will have fun.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren

Darksword ist offline
    Thank you so much for the advice, MadFaTal.

I prefer to play as a fighter. In NotR I maximised STR and Hit Points and weapon skill, and plan to do the same in G3. It's good to know that the whole Ancient Knowledge thing isn't necessary for that. And thank you for the tip about shrines.

I do like to use guides, to some extent, to get the most out of the game. I like to play an area or a quest through and then check what other players/ the guides have to say about it, in case I missed some stuff. I ended up playing CH 1 in NotR about 8 times, I think. I'm in no hurry to reach the end of the game, I like a leisurely method of play.

Thank you once again for your reply, and thank you also for the many posts of yours I've read so far on in the Forum.

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren

MadFaTal ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Darksword Beitrag anzeigen
    I do like to use guides, to some extent, to get the most out of the game. I like to play an area or a quest through and then check what other players/ the guides have to say about it, in case I missed some stuff. I ended up playing CH 1 in NotR about 8 times, I think. I'm in no hurry to reach the end of the game, I like a leisurely method of play.
    Yes I uses guides too, but I try first time for myself.
    Usually I start a game first time and make many misktakes.
    After some time of playing I restart the game and avoid my biggest mistakes.

If I play the game more often I add tips from guides to adavance my gameplay.

Often I hate it, that the Internet is all around and you can look up everything in no time.
    Sometimes I miss the good old days: One try after another to find a solution.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren

Darksword ist offline
    I remember the good old days. My first RPG came on a 5.25" floppy disk.

Not sure I miss them, though - fruitlessly trying one thing after another sometimes could get really annoying.

The hard thing is to discipline oneself not to look for a solution too quickly.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

dorfbengelchen ist offline
    It is recommendable to reach 50 INT since it is required for the faster learning (10% extra Learning Points).
    I do not know any general rule for why 100 should be useful.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren

MadFaTal ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von dorfbengelchen Beitrag anzeigen
    It is recommendable to reach 50 INT since it is required for the faster learning (10% extra Learning Points).
    I do not know any general rule for why 100 should be useful.
    Fast learning skill requires 100 ancient wisdom without alternative balancing.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

dorfbengelchen ist offline
    I play only with AB since the day i got it.