Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Rookie
    SOLVED - Penthesilea has made a mod that fixes this issue! Scroll down to post #3 for the link.

I posted this same thread on GoG, but I value World of Gothic (etc) opinions more than anyone else. So I'll post it here as well. A quick note: I'm loving ELEX so far. Still on chapter 1, but I have joined a faction (Outlaws) and am 40 hours in (I've spent a long, long time investing myself into this world). Easily the Piranha's best game since Risen 1, if not Gothic 2 itself.

Alas...

So I've googled around a bit, and it seems no one is having an issue with this, which is either a bug or a really poor design choice. I've just joined the Outlaws and to my horror - you can only use chems if they're on the quick bar. You can't use them from inventory like you would a potion or food. You don't seem to be able to use spells or anything else from the inventory either. What justifies this? Why would I ever want to sacrifice a quick slot to use a radiation resistance chem, which is context sensitive, removing a potential combat-ready item? The chems you use in combat make sense to be on the quick bar. One that raises poison resistance, or increases charisma by 5.. not so much. You should be able to just open inventory and use a chem without needing to put it on the quick bar first. If you get ambushed by a fire spitting enemy, good bloody luck switching to the firebug chem in time! Better have it on your quick bar 24/7 instead of something more readily useful.

Same with weapons. You cannot equip a weapon without putting it on your quick bar. Again, why? If I have a rocket launcher, I'm probably going to only want to pull it out for a big or really tough foe. So again, wasting a quick slot to have it on 24/7. This makes any kind of context-sensitive options almost impossible, unless you retreat all the time to re-arrange your quick bar every 3rd fight.

My quick bar at the moment is as follows, as there is always going to be some essential items: melee weapon, primary ranged weapon, heavy weapon (which I'd prefer to just equip from inventory when required, had to sacrifice shield in the process to make room), 2-3 combat chems, fried meat, healing potion. And the other slot, which I'd like to use for a shield or perhaps another weapon, will be taken up by context-sensitive chems such as resistances or dialogue skill buffs. This also prevents me from being able to use any of these alb power items I've encountered because, yep, can't use them from inventory either.

Sorry for the ramble, but I just exited the game to post this, so the frustration is still fresh and very real. I'm otherwise loving the game, faulty melee hit boxes notwithstanding, but this issue/design choice is infuriating. I'm hoping it's a bug or oversight that will be patched, but if it's a design choice (PB is not immune from bizarre decisions) then all I can hope for is a mod to either make chems available to use from inventory, or a mod that simply adds more hotkeys. A second quick bar using the num pad would solve this problem.

I can only imagine how woeful this must be for controller users, with a mere 4 hotkeys. Am I the only one frustrated by this?
    Aussie Piranha Bytes fan! You may see some of my comments on ELEX YouTube videos as 'Blake Procter'. I get a bit active on there at times.
    SentenzasHenchman ist offline Geändert von SentenzasHenchman (15.11.2017 um 19:34 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von The Deuce
    Yeah, that's just one of those sensless design flaws that would have been cought and fixed with proper testing prior to release.

I just swap out the resistance stims whenever I need a specific one. It's pretty annoying but this is the least of the games problems.
    The Deuce ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Penthesilea
    I've just finished my mod to solve the problem with the stims. It allows you to use your stims out of your inventory, you may want to check it out
    Penthesilea ist offline