Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 9 von 9
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline

the most difficult terrain in NotR?

I've just been monster mashing in the NE forest, between the Lighthouse Road and the Road
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    you travel with Lares to the stone circle on the Water Mages' parts of the ornament quest.

I've played through this area many, many times before but somehow I can't get a good picture of it in my mind. I think it may be the broken terrain with all the cliffs and valleys. Also the minor roads add to the confusion for me. It's impossible for me, even after some hours, to be sure I've searched through it all.

Does anyone else agree? Any tips on how to make sense of it?
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Mauschelheld  Avatar von Zephir

Zephir ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Darksword Beitrag anzeigen
    Does anyone else agree?
    Yes.

Zitat Zitat von Darksword Beitrag anzeigen
    Any tips on how to make sense of it?
    No.

It is certainly the most confusing area in the game. It always takes me some time to find that one tree with the dragon root somewhere in the centre of the forest.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Nymphicus

Nymphicus ist offline
    It's the same for me. I never quite feel "done with it all" whenever i leave the Forest after thouroughly cleaning it.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Dreigestirn Avatar von Arkain

Arkain ist offline
    Certainly one of the more confusing areas. Odd, really, as it's not all that bad - once you have some piece and quiet. Unfortunately, it's also one of the most dangerous areas, with wargs, shadowbeasts, undead and orcs around, so you can never quite explore it thoroughly early on, even though you would want to, to get some herbs for permanent potions.
    My tip would be to find a relatively well positioned safe spot and go from there. Alternatively, do it from all kinds of angles. Enter the area from Akil's, then from around the lighthouse area and you can circumvent some of the nasty beasts (while skirting around others, obviously). Maybe try clearing out the areas inbetween the various roads before proceeding to the next, so you know there's hopefully nothing left except some chapter 4 spawns later on.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren

Darksword ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zephir Beitrag anzeigen
    It always takes me some time to find that one tree with the dragon root somewhere in the centre of the forest.
    That is the one thing about the area that I finally cracked, I went pretty much straight to it this time, and finally was able to make the 9th STR Potion. The last time I played I made myself a little guide with screenshots, and it totally helped me today I'd be happy to share it with anyone who's interested.

I like your tip about exploring out from a safe spot, Arkhain. When I trigger Ch3 I will definitely go back up there and try it.

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Tondalus

Tondalus ist offline
    I hate that fog hanging all around.
    Just get there with good armour and and high skills.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von TheLongestDay

TheLongestDay ist offline
    I never thought of that Forest as one place. If you think of it in certain chunks, it will be easier to navigate and remember where you were.

For example the deep area filled with the big bugs (dont know their english designation) behind the first line of trees seen from Akil's farm is one chunk. The area between the road leading from Akil's farm to the Lighthouse and the Mountain between the wood from the city, including a cave with bandits, a graveyard and one Orc Elite is another. Between the road that leads to the stone circle and the sea are (in my mind) three chunks. You get the picture.

Zitat Zitat von Tondalus Beitrag anzeigen
    I hate that fog hanging all around.
    Just get there with good armour and and high skills.
    If it really bothers you, it can be deactivated in the advanced settings.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren

Darksword ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TheLongestDay Beitrag anzeigen
    I never thought of that Forest as one place. If you think of it in certain chunks, it will be easier to navigate and remember where you were.

For example the deep area filled with the big bugs (dont know their english designation) behind the first line of trees seen from Akil's farm is one chunk. The area between the road leading from Akil's farm to the Lighthouse and the Mountain between the wood from the city, including a cave with bandits, a graveyard and one Orc Elite is another. Between the road that leads to the stone circle and the sea are (in my mind) three chunks. You get the picture.
    Yeah, sounds good, I will try that next time around. Thank you. Oh, and the bugs are called Field Raiders in English - I guess because the farmers complain about them invading the fields.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren
    Benutzer, die ihr Benutzerkonto per E-Mail bestätigen müssen

Mööp123 ist offline
    For me personal (as mage):
    - The area behind akils farm (when you go for the cheap/bandits and you are too noisy what going on in the rest of deep woods )
    - In front of Lesters Castle, way too much of gecko boys, killing even Gorn when you not fast enough to help him, lol)
    - First time castle entry in valley of mines, -get stucked and you are dead already...

And: Sun Circle Stonage, - way harder then the stonage place int he forest before imo..

Tip for the lares-stonage-story:
    Well, he wasn't unvernable and doing the job for you?
    Maybe try to avoid everything hard there and use some magic-scroll for something in front.
    (I'm not sure, if he going the way through akil or jacks tower and meet the wargs.)