Ergebnis 1 bis 14 von 14
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    There are many bugs and lots of room to improve the game and it's mechanics. Yet havent heard anything from PB about upcoming fixes.
    shadowtwinz ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Veteran
    what bugs and problems with game mechanics are you talking about? I have encountered none.
    Xenitic ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Knight
    Zitat Zitat von Xenitic Beitrag anzeigen
    what bugs and problems with game mechanics are you talking about? I have encountered none.
    to quote yourself:

Was viel wichtiger waehre zu patchen ist, dass Elex-trank system, dass ganz schoen overpowered ist...
    Damocles ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    General
    I also haven't encountered any bugs, except the fact that the companions sometimes don't fight when you are in combat.

But yes there is a lot room for improvements, and I hope PB will take care of the issues. I don't think they are going to abandon the game like they did with Gothic 3. That was a different story.
    Carador ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Bugs aren't the main issue with Elex, nor a priority one.

Sure, they might release some patches, but it won't change much.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    In my opinion the severe AI issues (companions don't attack, stop attacking or both companiosn and enemies trying to shoot through walls,etc.) are really annoying and a bit game breaking too.
    Ravenhearth ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Grimmwulf
    Zitat Zitat von ravenhearth Beitrag anzeigen
    In my opinion the severe AI issues (companions don't attack, stop attacking or both companiosn and enemies trying to shoot through walls,etc.) are really annoying and a bit game breaking too.
    The recent patch (1.1) appears to address those issues:

• Improved navigation for NPCs and monsters.
    • Better party behavior from NPCs.
    • Improved targeting behavior from NPCs.
    • Fixed the situation where companions were not helping with battle in certain situations.
    Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!
    Verdammte Enten!
    Grimmwulf ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    That Gog patch is just the day one patch the Steam version had from the start (1.0.2829.0).

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Ravenhearth ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    I just wish they fix some of the silly things, like the hacking mini-game at times it is impossible to type numbers unless you delete your choices and use other numbers. Also they need to reduce the length of time a creature or NPC chases you if they are hostile to you, had one follow me from outside Hort all the way to the southern scrapyard in Tavar.

And of course give better information on where things are, some of the directions (if you get any) are vague and not clear enough or semi-clear to make a guess.
    DABhand ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    General
    Zitat Zitat von DABhand Beitrag anzeigen
    Also they need to reduce the length of time a creature or NPC chases you if they are hostile to you, had one follow me from outside Hort all the way to the southern scrapyard in Tavar.
    Yeah I agree on that!
    Carador ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    I hate to see them starting to rely on the quest makers instead of dialog based directions. That was something that always gave their quests and world a sense of care and thought, that they were paying enough attention to know where they were putting everything.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Veteran
    Zitat Zitat von Damocles Beitrag anzeigen
    to quote yourself:
    that is a relatively minor thing
    Xenitic ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Seems that PB just abandoned it and their recent games clearly don't have the following that Gothic did, so I doubt very much whether any community made patches will address the many many horrible issues in Elex, as they did for Gothic 3 in the end.

I can't believe that PB didn't do something about the ridiculously intense bloom and fade effects when entering and leaving buildings......stupid a-holes.

PB have gone from a eagerly anticipated pre order all their games developer to a wait on a bargain bin deal sort of developer. No matter what they do, it is almost guaranteed that their games will be either riddled with bugs or have some mindbogglingly awful design feature hard coded into it.
    MatDerKater ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Veteran
    This is what I can say about Elex and the way PB games have evolved lately:

Times I've finished Gothic 1: Probably 10-15, including with mods like Dark Mysteries
    Times I've finished Gothic 2: Probably 10-15, including with NotR
    Times I've finished Gothic 3: About 5-7 if I remember correctly
    Times I've finished Risen 1: I think 5
    Times I've finished Risen 2: 2
    Times I've finished Risen 3: 1
    Times I've finished Elex: 0, and yes, I've started playing it, just happened to get distracted by other better games.

And yes, I have less time for gaming now compared to 15 years ago, but that didn't stop me from finishing the massive Withcher 3 a total of 3 times and currently I'd be more excited to start it again rather than attempt to finish Elex.

I wouldn't say that they're doing worse games now than what they did 20 years ago, but they can't seem to keep up with the other developers. Back then, G1 and G2 were real contenders against the likes of Morrowind or Oblivion, but today Elex is laughable in comparison with big titles.

And as it turns out years later, every attempt they made at changing the setting was a bad idea. Doing the pirate thingie was a nice way to mess with their core followers who were obviously more into medieval RPGs, and Assassins Creed: Black Flag did a good job to get a monopoly on any gamers that would have been interested in the pirate theme. And now this futuristic game that is a bit of everything and a lot of nothing has really done it.

I know the Gothic franchise has been trashed a lot by the mediocre games published by JoWood after the split but at least that had some ring to it and a core of fans that would have been willing to try every game starting with Gothic 4 and ending with Gothic 150.

Anyway, I'm not even sure why I'm writing this post now. I guess I'm just a bit nostalgic and disappointed about the state of what used to be my favorite game developers and franchise, at least until CD Project Red came along and changed the gaming industry forever.
    glumetzul ist offline Geändert von glumetzul (27.10.2018 um 10:06 Uhr)