Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 14 von 14
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von CzarnyAfgan
    Hey there, as you may already know I am back to risen modding.

In order to start working on my new project "Skeleton Island", which will be released in stages - I need to recall basics of modding and work with in-game editor
    ( Baltrams Script_Extensions ).

Some information is available from Script_Extensions_en file, but I need some info about:

1. how to insert new meshes in-game and save them in world
    2. how to enable free-flight camera in script_extensions editor
    3. what tools will I need in order to:
    - create collision for 3d meshes
    - save .obj files and convert them to compatible with risen ._xmsh
    - save animated ._xmac files ( example Ani_Hero_Armor_Don_Fighter._xmac )
    - execute automatic skinning of animated 3d models with some Baltram tool ( I remember that there was some, but I don't remember a name )
    - does Rimy3d read and save Risen 3 solid and animated meshes models ?
    - is it possible to place grass with script_extensions editor ?

More questions to come
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (15.10.2017 um 13:12 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Legende Avatar von JFaron
    Zitat Zitat von CzarnyAfgan Beitrag anzeigen
    1. how to insert new meshes in-game and save them in world
    I'd recommend ceating your own (empty) World (e. g. World_Ski for SkeletonIsland or something), in which you basically add the old world. From there you copy a Levelmesh-Entity of your choice and change the Mesh- and Collision-Properties.

How good is your German? Here's a tutorial, which you could just paste into Google Translate. I just tested it, works surprisingly well and we're here for follow-up questions.
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...1#post23388254

This one is dedicated to adding a Levelmesh. That's what you would need to do after you got your clone.
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...1#post23388254

2. how to enable free-flight camera in script_extensions editor
    Using the DebugKeys, which you will need to enable for the Script Extensions as well. Note that the Script Extensions Docu suggests to change and add some keys, iirc.

https://www.worldofrisen.de/english/article_273.htm

3. what tools will I need in order to: ...
    I do believe Rimy does all those things, but I can't be sure. Not much of a 3D guy.

https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...55-Tool-Rimy3D

- is it possible to place grass with script_extensions editor ?
    Yes, the Extensions offer Vegetation Editing. http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...1#post21898491

More questions to come
    Welcome back
    JFaron ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Thats weird - game freezes and crashes when I am trying to add new Sector to vanilla game world with World AddSector Expansion01 command, where Expansion01 is the custom name

another problem:

World AddLayer Levelmesh_Landscape Expansion01

Levelmesh Landscape is not physical
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (17.10.2017 um 22:49 Uhr)

4. #4 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Baltram
    Thats weird - game freezes and crashes when I am trying to add new Sector to vanilla game world with World AddSector Expansion01 command, where Expansion01 is the custom name

another problem:

World AddLayer Levelmesh_Landscape Expansion01

Levelmesh Landscape is not physical
    All the files that you want to modify need to be "physical", which means unpacked. It is NOT possible to modify files that are inside a .pak archive.
    So you need to have the folder Risen\data\common\projects\World and in it the files World.wrl and World.wrldatasc without write-protection. Also you need to unpack Levelmesh_Landscape.sec, if you really want to add a custom layer to that sector. (However I do not think this is a good idea. Better create your own sector and add the new layer to that.)

Of course, as always, you need to have a mountlist_packed.ini with "NoPhysical=false" in your Risen\bin directory.
    Baltram ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Ok, got it. Another question - let's say I want to enhance vanilla map with few small additions - one of them are ground torches along main Faranga trails.

What I do now is:

I find existing ground torch, clone it and move. When I want to save it "permanently" and attach to my Layer ( Layer01 in this case ) what I find time consuming and what I do now is:

1. I select an entity and open "edit mode" with ctrl + alt + space

2. I do left click and clone it, then move the new entity

3. I select the new entity, type DynEntity GetGuid Obj_LS_Torch_Ground_01

4. Then I get it's GUID

5. Then type DynEntity ` to automaticly get latest guid #68281291H67A7 (example ) SetLayer Layer01

It's very time consuming, any better way ? Maybe someting to just select an entity and type DynEntity Focused SetLayer01 ? Or anything

Regards
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    If you have an entity attached to the cursor you can do Alt + LeftClick. This places the entity in the active layer.
    You can set the active layer with the console variable #l (alternatively, you can select an entity in that layer an press Alt + Space).

By the way: The variable #e always holds the currently selected entity.

You can find all this info and more in the documentation.
    Baltram ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Okay, let's say I have ready solid mesh in ._xsmh format ( the watchtower in this case )

[Bild: watchtowe_qrwqrpx.png]

What should I do to insert it in the game world - I mean what's the easiest method to insert a solid mesh ?

I remember I have placed some pink box in-game once ( it was long ago ), but I don't remember how

CzarnyAfgan ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    You need both a visual mesh (._xmsh in data\common\meshes) and a collision mesh (._xcom in data\common\physics).

1. Spawn a suitable template, something that has a mesh and a collision mesh and not much more, for example: DynEntity Spawn Obj_Dec_Crate_Group_02
    2. Select the new entity in the editor and press space to open the property editor. Change the name to something unique (like "Watchtower").
    3. Open the property set "Mesh" and change the "MeshFileName" property to your own mesh file name. (Note: If you change a property, you always need to press enter while your cursor is in the text field. Otherwise the change will not be saved.)
    4. Open the property set "CollisionShape", then open (on the left) "00: Mesh" and change the "CollisionMesh" property to your own collision mesh file name but with the ending .xnvmsh instead of ._xcom!
    5. Then close the property editor and update the (still selected) entity: DynEntity Update #e
    6. If you want, you can even create your own template (.tple) from it: DynEntity ExportAsTemplate #e (for this, the folder data\common\template needs to exist before the game is started)

Done!

Okay, let's say I have ready solid mesh in ._xsmh format ( the watchtower in this case )

[Bild: watchtowe_qrwqrpx.png]

What should I do to insert it in the game world - I mean what's the easiest method to insert a solid mesh ?

I remember I have placed some pink box in-game once ( it was long ago ), but I don't remember how

Baltram ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Okay, Done too!

Three questions:

1. How can I see the object collision with script_extensions ? I mean there was an option of preview with key combination alt+F4 or something ? Collision appeared in red.
    2. How can I take screenshot in Risen ?
    3. Why my Y transform key doesn't work, when Z & X do
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    1. How can I see the object collision with script_extensions ? I mean there was an option of preview with key combination alt+F4 or something ?
    It is CTRL_L+Q. For this, you need to set up the DebugKeys as described in section 1 of the Script_Extensions documentation.

2. How can I take screenshot in Risen ?
    It's F1 and as with 1. you need to have DebugKeys set up. The screenshots are saved in %localappdata%\Risen\ScreenShots.

3. Why my Y transform key doesn't work, when Z & X do
    The editor is set up for german keyboards where the keys after [LeftShift] are [<], [Y] and [X] (they are used for the Z- Y- and X axes in that order). On keyboards from other countries, the [<] key is often missing completely. Also, [Z] and [Y] can be swapped. To use the Editor on a non German keyboard you need to remap the keys with something like AutoHotkey: see this thread.
    Baltram ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    XcomPose error ( I am trying to create and save collision mesh for vanilla game map ( a bit modified )

"Failed to cook triangle mesh" then "Error writing to file. Please check if this file is write protected or open in some other applications"

- Risen patched to 1.11 ( eng. )
    - Antivirus disabled
    - Projects. PAK unpacked
    - Projects. P00 unpacked
    - lib_baltr installed

[Bild: errorpng_qrsxsea.png]

Too much polycount ?
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    xcomPose is long outdated. Use Rimy3D instead. (Online help here.)

But yes, 230540 sounds like way too many polys. Also, you probably should use multiple physics materials for a landscape, not just one.
    Baltram ist offline Geändert von Baltram (23.10.2017 um 18:40 Uhr)

13. #13 Zitieren
    Thanks, adding collision with Rimy works, but can I specify physic material with Editor ? ( I don't see such option in Rimy3d )
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Thanks, adding collision with Rimy works, but can I specify physic material with Editor ? ( I don't see such option in Rimy3d )
    Just set up the material names (as explained here) in your 3D editor.
    Baltram ist offline