Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline

[GIINotR] How exactly C_Beklauen function works?

I have a rather time fully understanding how pickpocketing works; I'm giving some characters from Jarkhendar "expanded pockets" as they didn't have that possibility earlier. Anyway, the function variables are hold in Scripts\CONTENT\Story\B_Content\B_Beklauen.d and personal calls to it are stored in respective characters' scripts - that's what I understand.

Now, if the game makes a call for it (I will use Biff's script) with return C_Beklauen(92,320); and it's calculated as a "damn difficult" - then what 320 number means? It's nearly impossible (except by someone of devilish mastery) to achieve that Dexterity attribute score without cheats. The first means you need to have 92 of Dexterity in order to be successful with emptying the dude's pockets (plus/minus the variables with TheftDex from the primary function script file), but what is the latter?

You will get more gold when your Dex is that high? Or what? And did I understand the function correctly or not?

EDIT: And why sometimes the latter number is lower than the first, like with Hodges of return C_Beklauen(15,10);?
    Geändert von Czudak (27.09.2017 um 14:12 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Dea

Lehona ist offline
    Why don't you look it up? The function is defined right there, even using english variable names

Anyway, the first parameter is the difficulty (how much dex you need to pickpocket him), the second one is the amount of gold the player can steal. The TheftDiff constant is only concerned with whether to display the dialog option (if the dialog is available to the player, he needs at most 10 more dex to be successful). Any required dex value of 20 and below is set to 10 (because the player starts with 10 he will most likely always be able to pickpocket those NPCs).

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Lehona Beitrag anzeigen
    Why don't you look it up? The function is defined right there, even using english variable names

Anyway, the first parameter is the difficulty (how much dex you need to pickpocket him), the second one is the amount of gold the player can steal. The TheftDiff constant is only concerned with whether to display the dialog option (if the dialog is available to the player, he needs at most 10 more dex to be successful). Any required dex value of 20 and below is set to 10 (because the player starts with 10 he will most likely always be able to pickpocket those NPCs).
    I'm not that good at deciphering mathematics and C++ (or D in this case) programming language is all about mathematics, plus I looked around the Internet and this forum, and there was nothing on the topic in any language I could absorb. Anyway - from your words I understand this function is a mathematical, ordered group of two numbers (first is Dex requirement, second is the amount of gold) in the given call when attempting to pickpocket. This is what I wanted to know.

The rest I understood before, less or more. Thanks for your assistance. If you'd need MY help in turn - don't be afraid to ask. Cheers.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Dea

Lehona ist offline
    My bad, I thought you knew Daedalus (which is not the same thing as D, by the way ).

this function is a mathematical, ordered group of two numbers
    In mathematics, a group is something entirely different, but other than that I think you got me