Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 30 von 31 « Erste ... 1923262728293031 Letzte »
Ergebnis 581 bis 600 von 603
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #581
    Lehrling

Arszi ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Masty Beitrag anzeigen
    We had a GitHub project but that's kinda messy, trying to fix it and make a playable version with the fixes but without GFA, i think i've almost finished.. but gotta test it now

EDIT: Yes, i should've everything working fine. Gonna upload and release the 1.1.2 version soon and i'll probably need some help with testing (major bugs should've been fixed tho)
    Also i decided to keep just one version (without survival elements such as hunger) to make it easier and faster to modify the mod. Sorry for those who enjoyed the survival mechanics.
    Excellent news! I would like to ask just two things:

Do you plan to lower the minimum damage to 10-15? It might still have the desired extra difficulty, but would not render every armour completely useless on the long run.

I am hearing it with great sadness, that you do not plan to continue the survival aspect because of the necessity to maintain both version. Would it be possible, that Xardas asks at the beginning of the game, that you want to play with necessities, or not?
    Correct me if I am mistaken, but the necessities part was in a good shape, I did not find any issues with ti at least, which would indicate it otherwise. It would be a shame to completely cut it out.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #582
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Arszi Beitrag anzeigen
    Excellent news! I would like to ask just two things:

Do you plan to lower the minimum damage to 10-15? It might still have the desired extra difficulty, but would not render every armour completely useless on the long run.
    I'm considering different changes to balance the game, if i find a good balance i can even release this changes in the new version i'm releasing today. I'm not sure where to find this value so i gotta find it and do some testings with it

I am hearing it with great sadness, that you do not plan to continue the survival aspect because of the necessity to maintain both version. Would it be possible, that Xardas asks at the beginning of the game, that you want to play with necessities, or not?
    Correct me if I am mistaken, but the necessities part was in a good shape, I did not find any issues with ti at least, which would indicate it otherwise. It would be a shame to completely cut it out.
    Since the two versions have a lot of different lines it's really hard to keep up both versions with every changes and since i'm alone i don't really have the time. I'm worried that if i keep both versions it will slow my updates a lot so for now, i'm just gonna update the Non-survival version but maybe in the future i will update the Survival too.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #583
    Lehrling

Arszi ist offline
    I'm considering different changes to balance the game, if i find a good balance i can even release this changes in the new version i'm releasing today. I'm not sure where to find this value so i gotta find it and do some testings with it
    Thank you, it would be nice!

ISince the two versions have a lot of different lines it's really hard to keep up both versions with every changes and since i'm alone i don't really have the time. I'm worried that if i keep both versions it will slow my updates a lot so for now, i'm just gonna update the Non-survival version but maybe in the future i will update the Survival too.
    Oh, I understand in this case. I still hope, that the survival mode will come back in the future.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #584
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline

The new version is UP (1.1.2)

Download link has been modified with the new one. You must download both the L'HIVER BASE v1.1.1 (.zip file / 414 MB) [WHICH IS COMPATIBLE WITH L'HIVER SCRIPTS v1.1.2 so if you already have it you don't need to download it again] and L'HIVER SCRIPTS v1.1.2, also CHANGELOGS and NEWS sections have been updated, take a look there too for informations about future updates.
    Geändert von Masty (11.07.2018 um 12:59 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #585
    Ranger

Sagrido ist offline
    Woop wooop! This is soo great! Regeneration begone! Muahaha! YESH!

Ok, so the only thing left to ask for imo is lowering the base damage as others have mentioned. Its not super important and it might upset the balance a bit, bit I think molerats hitting like trucks even when you wear plate armor is kinda wierd, as the base damage never get mitigated further under the min value. So ye, maybe just lower it with 5 or 10 it should be great and also ease up the beginning of the game.

I think Gothic overall, even base game, suffered abit of the "Skyrim syndrome" (even tho it came out earlier I know, but alot of RPG's have this issue in balance), in that its more challanging in the beginning of the game, right out of the box, so it wont let you learn the game and *ease into it*, but the further you go, the more Godly you become and in the end nothing stops you and you one-shot everything (Like in Skyrim you can one-shot the last boss). It doesnt scale well.
    Anyway, what L'hiver did was to make it even more extreme in early game and more punishing, but after awhile you STILL get overpowering in the end, but less so that it was.

I get that you should feel like you are getting more powerful as you progress, with cooler armor and higher level etc, but games often forget that you arent fighting molerats in the end but dragons and giant trolls.

Make early game less extreme and late game just a little bit harder? Just a thought.

Enough ranting. Great mod and thank you so much for coming back to this Masty!

6. Beiträge anzeigen #586
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sagrido Beitrag anzeigen
    Woop wooop! This is soo great! Regeneration begone! Muahaha! YESH!

Ok, so the only thing left to ask for imo is lowering the base damage as others have mentioned. Its not super important and it might upset the balance a bit, bit I think molerats hitting like trucks even when you wear plate armor is kinda wierd, as the base damage never get mitigated further under the min value. So ye, maybe just lower it with 5 or 10 it should be great and also ease up the beginning of the game.

I think Gothic overall, even base game, suffered abit of the "Skyrim syndrome" (even tho it came out earlier I know, but alot of RPG's have this issue in balance), in that its more challanging in the beginning of the game, right out of the box, so it wont let you learn the game and *ease into it*, but the further you go, the more Godly you become and in the end nothing stops you and you one-shot everything (Like in Skyrim you can one-shot the last boss). It doesnt scale well.
    Anyway, what L'hiver did was to make it even more extreme in early game and more punishing, but after awhile you STILL get overpowering in the end, but less so that it was.

I get that you should feel like you are getting more powerful as you progress, with cooler armor and higher level etc, but games often forget that you arent fighting molerats in the end but dragons and giant trolls.

Make early game less extreme and late game just a little bit harder? Just a thought.

Enough ranting. Great mod and thank you so much for coming back to this Masty!
    Yes this is the next thing i want to balance.. but i can't find how to change those values.. checked every file but didn't find anything that sound like a damage calculation script.. it's hard to modify a game without enough documentation about his functions and other stuff.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #587
    Adventurer

Fjodik ist offline
    Masty, what is the LHiver version you have translated? Is it 1.1f? Thank you.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #588
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Fjodik Beitrag anzeigen
    Masty, what is the LHiver version you have translated? Is it 1.1f? Thank you.
    I've translated the basic 1.1 (since back when i translated it there was no other versions) but i made some other changes by myself (you can find the changelog for those under the 'English version changelogs' spoiler). Looking the changelogs of the most recent versions i saw that there was no need to make every same change as they did, just the most important ones.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #589
    Adventurer

Fjodik ist offline
    great, thx

10. Beiträge anzeigen #590
    Lehrling

Arszi ist offline
    Yes this is the next thing i want to balance.. but i can't find how to change those values.. checked every file but didn't find anything that sound like a damage calculation script.. it's hard to modify a game without enough documentation about his functions and other stuff.
    If I remember correctly, minimum damage is 25 at the moment, maybe you could go for the value "25", and see what you find.

Also a quite tedious thing might be done, write a small app for looking for "25" in the binary (the size of the variables should be known for this first). And "patch" the found 25 values until you find the right one.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #591
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    If I remember correctly, minimum damage is 25 at the moment, maybe you could go for the value "25", and see what you find.

Also a quite tedious thing might be done, write a small app for looking for "25" in the binary (the size of the variables should be known for this first). And "patch" the found 25 values until you find the right one.
    Found some 25s but no one of them seems to work, but i managed to balanced a bit the game changing level up and exp system. Now will be a little bit harder to level up (early game is an unnoticeable amount, but later at high levels it will be harder to level and you will be obviously less strong) but you receive +5 LP per level for the first 10 levels (which is 50 more LP in total, not bad for early game right?).

I'll try again to find this minimum damage.

Also i was thinking, what if, as a mage, instead of HP PER LEVEL UP, you receive MANA? or maybe you receive a split amount (like 2HP and 3MANA)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #592
    Adventurer Avatar von SuperQuail

SuperQuail ist offline
    Also i was thinking, what if, as a mage, instead of HP PER LEVEL UP, you receive MANA? or maybe you receive a split amount (like 2HP and 3MANA)
    Interesting idea, but it might cause problems due to a lack of HP. You could try making MANA cheaper for Mages, maybe?

I think you're doing things the right way by just focusing on the 'normal' version of the game for now, even though I personally love the survival mode.
    Thanks!
    Geändert von SuperQuail (10.07.2018 um 00:35 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #593
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SuperQuail Beitrag anzeigen
    Interesting idea, but it might cause problems due to a lack of HP. You could try making MANA cheaper for Mages, maybe?

I think you're doing things the right way by just focusing on the 'normal' version of the game for now, even though I personally love the survival mode.
    Thanks!
    I think that making mana cheaper for mages would make them too overpowered and unbalanced.

but it might cause problems due to a lack of HP.
    You can raise your HP with potions, also you're getting a +2 anyway per level up, you won't be as tanky as a paladin but this makes sense right?

14. Beiträge anzeigen #594
    Adventurer Avatar von SuperQuail

SuperQuail ist offline
    I think that making mana cheaper for mages would make them too overpowered and unbalanced.

You can raise your HP with potions, also you're getting a +2 anyway per level up, you won't be as tanky as a paladin but this makes sense right?
    Yes, that makes sense in a way, but it means that you will need to become a mage quickly in order to get the level up bonuses.
    It's one of those changes that might work really well but I'd need to try it in game to be sure.
    Maybe just include it in the next update and see how people respond.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #595
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Yes, that makes sense in a way, but it means that you will need to become a mage quickly in order to get the level up bonuses.
    Well, if you ain't a mage, you'll receive +5 HP.. You don't really need to rush, you won't really lose anything.

Maybe just include it in the next update and see how people respond.
    I will
    Geändert von Masty (15.07.2018 um 20:17 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #596
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline

1.1.3 Release

The new version is UP (1.1.3)

Download link has been modified with the new one. You must download both L'HIVER BASE v1.1.3 (.zip file / 414 MB) and L'HIVER SCRIPTS v1.1.3
    (.zip file / 2.6 MB), also NEWS section has been updated, take a look there too for informations about future updates.

I won't change anything else for now, i'll wait players' feedback and then decide what to do.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #597
    Apprentice

Yuko ist offline
    Hello!
    Thanks for the new Version. I have not played that much yet, but everythings seems to be working for now.
    Monsters still hit like trucks however which is frankly quite annyoing, because there is no viable way to get more HP.
    The extra LP seem to help quite a bit, considering that you can use better wepons earlier to somewhat balance the difficulty, so I think it's great.

Is there no good way to make money? Without Bennet's "Exploit" there is now limited amounts of money in the world?

So far I really seems to enjoy this verion, no HP-regen makes it already so much better.

If I manage to make a qhole walkthrough I will keep you posted

18. Beiträge anzeigen #598
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Yuko Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello!
    Thanks for the new Version. I have not played that much yet, but everythings seems to be working for now.
    Monsters still hit like trucks however which is frankly quite annyoing, because there is no viable way to get more HP.
    The extra LP seem to help quite a bit, considering that you can use better wepons earlier to somewhat balance the difficulty, so I think it's great.

Is there no good way to make money? Without Bennet's "Exploit" there is now limited amounts of money in the world?

So far I really seems to enjoy this verion, no HP-regen makes it already so much better.

If I manage to make a qhole walkthrough I will keep you posted
    You can rise your HP by drinking permanent potions, praying at shrines, leveling up... few ways as you can see
    And about the monsters hitting like trucks well, there is a simple fix. Don't get hit!

For money well.. didn't really do enough testing for that so I don't know but it's a Russian l'Hiver thing so i think that got tested, I know it's harder to make money but you can still get enough if you're doing things right.

I'm glad you're liking it so far, keep posting your thoughts or problems

19. Beiträge anzeigen #599
    Ranger Avatar von chessdragon136

chessdragon136 ist offline
    Hi Masty

Thank you for your continued work - It is very much appreciated and if you need any help please feel free to ask me.

I'll have a play through of 1.1.3 as soon as possible, but this morning I was able to convert the download files into a GothicStarter friendly MOD file. I can provide those files, or you or anyone else can use the instructions below:

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

Tools Required: GothicVDFS : http://www.bendlins.de/nico/gothic2/
    1. Download the LHiver Base and Scripts package, and extract them.
    2. Create a new folder called BUILD somewhere on your computer
    3. Using GothicVDFS in the VIEWER tab, set the FILENAME to the base L'Hiver downloaded, and the ROOT PATH to point into the BUILD folder you created above (So last part of the path includes \BUILD) . Then click EXTRACT VOLUME
    4. Using GothicVDFS in the VIEWER tab, set the FILENAME to the script L'Hiver Download, and leave ROOT PATH as the same BUILD folder. Then click EXTRACT VOLUME
    5. Rename the following files within the BUILD folder:
      \_WORK\DATA\SCRIPTS\_COMPILED\
      GOTHIC.DAT -> LHIVER_GOTHIC.DAT
      FIGHT.DAT -> LHIVER_FIGHT.DAT
      MENU.DAT -> LHIVER_MENU.DAT
      MUSIC.DAT -> LHIVER_MUSIC.DAT
      PARTICLEFX.DAT -> LHIVER_PARTICLEFX.DAT
      SFX.DAT -> LHIVER_SFX.DAT
      VISUALFX.DAT -> LHIVER_VISUALFX.DAT
      \_WORK\DATA\SCRIPTS\CONTENT\CUTSCENE
      OU.BIN -> LHIVER_OU.BIN
    6. Using GothicVDFS in the BUILDER tab, set the FILENAME to \GOTHIC2INSTALLDIR\Data\MODVDF\G2_LH_v1.1.3_EN.mod , and the ROOT PATH to your BUILD folder. Use * as the filter (to add all files) in the left "File(mask)(s) to search for" field and press the little + button to the right of the text entry. Then click BUILD VOLUME
    7. Navigate to \GOTHIC2INSTALLDIR\System and copy GothicGame.ini and save it in the same location with the name LHiver_1.1.3.ini - Then edit the contents to match that of the next spoiler in this post

If the game is installed in a Windows protected folder (like the default program files) please remember to run Gothic Starter as administrator!

Note: I don't include the new music as part of this as I think it should be optional if people want it or not..

[INFO]
    Title=LHiver English Edition
    Version=1.1.3
    Authors=unknown111, Masty, Granregon, Gwyn-Deith
    Webpage=https://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1501530-Release-Gothic-2-L-Hiver-1-1-English-Edition
    Description=!<symlink>GothicGame.rtf
    Icon=GothicStarter.exe

[FILES]
    VDF=G2_LH_v1.1.3_EN.mod
    Game=Content\LHIVER_Gothic
    FightAI=Content\LHIVER_Fight
    Menu=System\LHIVER_Menu
    Camera=System\Camera
    Music=System\LHIVER_Music
    SoundEffects=System\LHIVER_SFX
    ParticleEffects=System\LHIVER_ParticleFX
    VisualEffects=System\LHIVER_VisualFX
    OutputUnits=LHIVER_OU

[SETTINGS]
    Player=PC_HERO
    World=NewWorld\NewWorld.zen

[OPTIONS]
    show_Info=0
    show_InfoX=800
    show_InfoY=7200
    show_Version=1
    show_VersionX=6500
    show_VersionY=7200
    show_Focus=1
    show_FocusItm=1
    show_FocusMob=1
    show_FocusNpc=1
    show_FocusBar=1
    force_Subtitles=0
    force_Parameters=

[OVERRIDES]
    INTERNAL.extendedMenu=1
    Geändert von chessdragon136 (16.07.2018 um 14:40 Uhr)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #600
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von chessdragon136 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi Masty

Thank you for your continued work - It is very much appreciated and if you need any help please feel free to ask me.

I'll have a play through of 1.1.3 as soon as possible, but this morning I was able to convert the download files into a GothicStarter friendly MOD file. I can provide those files, or you or anyone else can use the instructions below:

Tools Required: GothicVDFS : http://www.bendlins.de/nico/gothic2/
    1. Download the LHiver Base and Scripts package, and extract them.
    2. Create a new folder called BUILD somewhere on your computer
    3. Using GothicVDFS in the VIEWER tab, set the FILENAME to the base L'Hiver downloaded, and the ROOT PATH to point into the BUILD folder you created above (So last part of the path includes \BUILD) . Then click EXTRACT VOLUME
    4. Using GothicVDFS in the VIEWER tab, set the FILENAME to the script L'Hiver Download, and leave ROOT PATH as the same BUILD folder. Then click EXTRACT VOLUME
    5. Rename the following files within the BUILD folder:
      \_WORK\DATA\SCRIPTS\_COMPILED\
      GOTHIC.DAT -> LHIVER.DAT
      FIGHT.DAT -> LHIVER_FIGHT.DAT
      MENU.DAT -> LHIVER_MENU.DAT
      MUSIC.DAT -> LHIVER_MUSIC.DAT
      PARTICLEFX.DAT -> LHIVER_PARTICLEFX.DAT
      SFX.DAT -> LHIVER_SFX.DAT
      VISUALFX.DAT -> LHIVER_VISUALFX.DAT
      \_WORK\DATA\SCRIPTS\CONTENT\CUTSCENE
      OU.BIN -> LHIVER_OU.BIN
    6. Using GothicVDFS in the BUILDER tab, set the FILENAME to \GOTHIC2INSTALLDIR\Data\MODVDF\G2_LH_v1.1.3_EN.mod , and the ROOT PATH to your BUILD folder. Use * as the filter (to add all files) in the left "File(mask)(s) to search for" field and press the little + button to the right of the text entry. Then click BUILD VOLUME
    7. Navigate to \GOTHIC2INSTALLDIR\System and copy GothicGame.ini and save it in the same location with the name LHiver_1.1.3.ini - Then edit the contents to match that of the next spoiler in this post

If the game is installed in a Windows protected folder (like the default program files) please remember to run Gothic Starter as administrator!

Note: I don't include the new music as part of this as I think it should be optional if people want it or not..

[INFO]
    Title=LHiver English Edition
    Version=1.1.3
    Authors=unknown111, Masty, Granregon, Gwyn-Deith
    Webpage=https://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1501530-Release-Gothic-2-L-Hiver-1-1-English-Edition
    Description=!<symlink>GothicGame.rtf
    Icon=GothicStarter.exe

[FILES]
    VDF=G2_LH_v1.1.3_EN.mod
    Game=Content\LHIVER_Gothic
    FightAI=Content\LHIVER_Fight
    Menu=System\LHIVER_Menu
    Camera=System\Camera
    Music=System\LHIVER_Music
    SoundEffects=System\LHIVER_SFX
    ParticleEffects=System\LHIVER_ParticleFX
    VisualEffects=System\LHIVER_VisualFX
    OutputUnits=LHIVER_OU

[SETTINGS]
    Player=PC_HERO
    World=NewWorld\NewWorld.zen

[OPTIONS]
    show_Info=0
    show_InfoX=800
    show_InfoY=7200
    show_Version=1
    show_VersionX=6500
    show_VersionY=7200
    show_Focus=1
    show_FocusItm=1
    show_FocusMob=1
    show_FocusNpc=1
    show_FocusBar=1
    force_Subtitles=0
    force_Parameters=

[OVERRIDES]
    INTERNAL.extendedMenu=1
    Thank you for your help and for the support.
    I'll copy your post to main post so if anyone wants to play with GothicStarter, he knows what to do (also there is a little error here 'Game=Content\LHIVER_Gothic' because earlier you called it 'GOTHIC.DAT -> LHIVER.DAT'
    Geändert von Masty (16.07.2018 um 13:16 Uhr)

Seite 30 von 31 « Erste ... 1923262728293031 Letzte »