Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 19 von 31 « Erste ... 8121516171819202122232630 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 361 bis 380 von 603
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #361
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von passingthru Beitrag anzeigen
    Any idea how much damage would i cause if i simply replaced overlapping lhiver mod dialogue/item files with czech files? basically this question in other words: is there a lot of changes in dialogues and do you think it will break the game? learning the new skills wouldnt work or something like that?

i looked into dialogues alone, theres like 1400 files and theres no way id be able to go through that manually (or write something to replace corresponding lines and leave the rest for later translation)

in the end do you think it would be better to have the scripts installed with maybe missing some dialogue options or just not having them at all (i lean towards having them in, i havent played this mod so i wouldnt probably notice anything)
    You have to look each dialogue files because some NPCs have new lines, and yeah there is a way to go through that manually since we did it patiece is key
    Not doing so will cause your game to have those lines missing, most of them are for teachers

2. Beiträge anzeigen #362
    Rookie

passingthru ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Masty Beitrag anzeigen
    You have to look each dialogue files because some NPCs have new lines, and yeah there is a way to go through that manually since we did it patiece is key
    Not doing so will cause your game to have those lines missing, most of them are for teachers
    just to make sure, i found comments in the code with the dialogue lines in the format
    command; //dialogue line
    theres no need to translate these comments, correct?

im thinking of writing a program that will match and replace dialogue lines, and shows me which dialogue lines werent used/replaced
    this could make things a lot easier, basically having to translate only new things in your mod
    Geändert von passingthru (07.12.2017 um 18:20 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #363
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von passingthru Beitrag anzeigen
    just to make sure, i found comments in the code with the dialogue lines in the format
    command; //dialogue line
    theres no need to translate these comments, correct?

im thinking of writing a program that will match and replace dialogue lines, and shows me which dialogue lines werent used/replaced
    this could make things a lot easier, basically having to translate only new things in your mod
    You have to translate those comments, they're the subtitles. You should ask in another topic that talks about modding and keep this only for l'Hiver, i want to keep this post only for l'Hiver 1.1 english version

4. Beiträge anzeigen #364
    Benutzer, die ihr Benutzerkonto per E-Mail bestätigen müssen

Mööp123 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Masty Beitrag anzeigen
    You have to translate those comments
    What about item descriptions? Where I can find these?
    I think about to semi-translate some of the mod, so content is still up2date, but language always in progress.

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #365
    Apprentice Avatar von sunnyb0y

sunnyb0y ist offline
    L'Hiver removes stone tablets?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #366
    Ranger Avatar von Gwyn-Deith

Gwyn-Deith ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von sunnyb0y Beitrag anzeigen
    L'Hiver removes stone tablets?
    Yes, only old stone tablets remain and the relic tables in Jhakendar.

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #367

sunnyb0y ist offline
    So how exactly does smithing work? I see Carl has some nice schematics. What do I need to learn before I can craft them?

8. Beiträge anzeigen #368
    Abenteurer

Rodriquez ist offline
    Really nice mod, but wow the difficulty! Even with you first sets of armor you are two shot by most things.

What i didn't like was that there were tree and grass assets used for the castle in the valley of mines, kind of killed the immersion. I hope this is changed in the next original version, if someone is still working on this.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #369

Gwyn-Deith ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Rodriquez Beitrag anzeigen
    Really nice mod, but wow the difficulty! Even with you first sets of armor you are two shot by most things.

What i didn't like was that there were tree and grass assets used for the castle in the valley of mines, kind of killed the immersion. I hope this is changed in the next original version, if someone is still working on this.
    - Yes things can be pretty difficult early on, but leveling up your attributes and using bonuses are now separate i.e. don't affect LP cost so its not too hard to get some decent gear quickly.
    - At some point we may reintroduce the original "dark" version of VoM including the original OST for VoM so cross your fingers

So how exactly does smithing work? I see Carl has some nice schematics. What do I need to learn before I can craft them?
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    You need to know how to forge atleast the most basic sword, then Carl will be willing to teach you for 250g or free if you find Edda an innos statue. From then on he will teach higher tiers per chapter till chapter 3
    Geändert von Gwyn-Deith (08.12.2017 um 19:38 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #370
    Lehrling

Trolleule ist offline
    Hi,
    I'm wondering there is no highlighting of menu entries when i press ESC ingame. Fortunately while navigating through the menu, the entry description is displayed so i know what entry is currently selected.

Is there an ini option to change this behaviour otherwise how can i change the menu appearance?

11. Beiträge anzeigen #371

Gwyn-Deith ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Trolleule Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi,
    I'm wondering there is no highlighting of menu entries when i press ESC ingame. Fortunately while navigating through the menu, the entry description is displayed so i know what entry is currently selected.

Is there an ini option to change this behaviour otherwise how can i change the menu appearance?
    Hmm i have checked myself and menu entries are both highlighted and slightly enlarged (this was in vanilla g2 notr iirc). Sorry not sure i understand the issue here

12. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #372

sunnyb0y ist offline
    The original RU L'Hiver page features this image. What armor is this? http://prntscr.com/hl4gei
    Geändert von sunnyb0y (09.12.2017 um 10:34 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #373
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    The original RU L'Hiver page features this image. What armor is this? http://prntscr.com/hl4gei
    why do you need us to spoil fun for you?
    it will be available for NH to craft from some rare materials, so keep searchin'
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

14. Beiträge anzeigen #374
    Neuling

postautism ist offline
    Aight, I guess I'm gonna thank devs for this amazing mod, it brought back that highly immersive and somewhat personal "existential dread" feeling we all being missing whilst going back, again and again, to the world of Myrtana. Apart from simple nostalgia, that is.

Now, as someone mentioned above there were few immersion killers, and I wanna suggest few things (apart from WoM being too greenie and grassy):
    - some surfaces has no sounds (or sounds is extreemly low). Same apply to some water areas and waterfalls (river in WoM, first waterfall outside Xardas tower etc). On the other hand "mine island" in front of harbor has this abnoxious ocean sound, might even be louder than actually being in the water.
    - night time lights are too dim and their range is too low compared to inventory torches. I'm pretty sure this is related to DX11 mod, although even before 8pm, when torches around the city lit themselves its already pitch dark. Might wanna change it to around 7:30. Also higher floors of city barracs and castle itself could use bit more dynamic/windows lights.
    - for the love of the maker please bring back bright sandy beach textures featured mainly in pirate camp. It has its own feel back in the day, now its like "yeah, yet another boring location I guess". Also area could use few more huts/trivial npcs to feel bit more inhabited. Yarr!
    - this might be a common bug and I'm pretty sure someone mentioned it, but Jarkendar trees looks blocky, having nearly completely transparent textures around them. Probably something to do with an asset or godrays, idk.

Futheremore might argue that implementing new 2h animation wasn't really great idea since animation is just super wierd and junky, or that shields is just too strong in terms of both prot and health boost.
    1h+sh running attack is just too fast compared to 1h and is pretty broken: enemies will try to strafe away (instead of blocking) and will get hit by it anyways. Sometimes you can simply run through some of them by mindlessly spaming this attack, especially while fighting skeletons. On the other hand enemies would never use running attack and you can easily kite them around even though, say, orcs have higher movement speed and could kill you before. Just imagine shielded bandits using this 300-400ms attack to their advantage.
    Overall, using 1h-shield instead of 1h/ 2h is way more superior even considering slower animation.

I'm also gonna suggest taking more dynamic approach to minimal damage: while you are literally goner in first few levels while wearing high amount of armor, you are doing fine later without it. If it possible to change this variable, making ~10-15sh in a1 and then changing it through the game to, say, ~35-40sh in a6, that would be really great. In this way it would be harder to farm some of the high-exp monsters like vargs early on w/o ruining hardcore experience too much.

Finally, I would suggest putting at least some basic information about the mod in the topic hat. Halfway down I realised that stat leveling and bonuses are separate thing (carrying 10 str bottles and whatnot grinding for that sweet lps to minmax) or that tablets are completely gone (hoped to see them in Jarkendar) or how crafting works. All of this is essential.
    Geändert von postautism (10.12.2017 um 08:44 Uhr)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #375

Gwyn-Deith ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von postautism Beitrag anzeigen
    Aight, I guess I'm gonna thank devs for this amazing mod, it brought back that highly immersive and somewhat personal "existential dread" feeling we all being missing whilst going back, again and again, to the world of Myrtana. Apart from simple nostalgia, that is.

Now, as someone mentioned above there were few immersion killers, and I wanna suggest few things (apart from WoM being too greenie and grassy):
    - some surfaces has no sounds (or sounds is extreemly low). Same apply to some water areas and waterfalls (river in WoM, first waterfall outside Xardas tower etc). On the other hand "mine island" in front of harbor has this abnoxious ocean sound, might even be louder than actually being in the water.
    - night time lights are too dim and their range is too low compared to inventory torches. I'm pretty sure this is related to DX11 mod, although even before 8pm, when torches around the city lit themselves its already pitch dark. Might wanna change it to around 7:30. Also higher floors of city barracs and castle itself could use bit more dynamic/windows lights.
    - for the love of the maker please bring back bright sandy beach textures featured mainly in pirate camp. It has its own feel back in the day, now its like "yeah, yet another boring location I guess". Also area could use few more huts/trivial npcs to feel bit more inhabited. Yarr!
    - this might be a common bug and I'm pretty sure someone mentioned it, but Jarkendar trees looks blocky, having nearly completely transparent textures around them. Probably something to do with an asset or godrays, idk.

Futheremore might argue that implementing new 2h animation wasn't really great idea since animation is just super wierd and junky, or that shields is just too strong in terms of both prot and health boost.
    1h+sh running attack is just too fast compared to 1h and is pretty broken: enemies will try to strafe away (instead of blocking) and will get hit by it anyways. Sometimes you can simply run through some of them by mindlessly spaming this attack, especially while fighting skeletons. On the other hand enemies would never use running attack and you can easily kite them around even though, say, orcs have higher movement speed and could kill you before. Just imagine shielded bandits using this 300-400ms attack to their advantage.
    Overall, using 1h-shield instead of 1h/ 2h is way more superior even considering slower animation.

I'm also gonna suggest taking more dynamic approach to minimal damage: while you are literally goner in first few levels while wearing high amount of armor, you are doing fine later without it. If it possible to change this variable, making ~10-15sh in a1 and then changing it through the game to, say, ~35-40sh in a6, that would be really great. In this way it would be harder to farm some of the high-exp monsters like vargs early on w/o ruining hardcore experience too much.

Finally, I would suggest putting at least some basic information about the mod in the topic hat. Halfway down I realised that stat leveling and bonuses are separate thing (carrying 10 str bottles and whatnot grinding for that sweet lps to minmax) or that tablets are completely gone (hoped to see them in Jarkendar) or how crafting works. All of this is essential.
    Thanks for the suggestions just to quickly address some myself:
    - interesting about the sound issue, gonna have to look into it in the future
    - lights being too dim i can't say much i dont use dx11
    - i agree i personally preferred the old beach or even Vurt's mod version we will see about this and VoM

- As far as minimal damage goes: Gothic 2 handles minimal damage by applying it to both damage on and by the NH so what you suggested would make it late game even easier despite the extra damage NH takes. Still not a bad idea we are going to look into "minimal damage" depending on how difficult it is to dynamically change this in game.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #376
    Apprentice

TheChrone ist offline
    Hi,
    just wanted to thank you guys for an amazing work you've done.
    I have a question though. I love playing as paladin and since I was a kid I wished I could put down the visor. You see the statues having it down and it looks sooooo good . I am not asking for animations of character closing it when entering combat or whatever, that would take much time for one armor but could you make new model of this armor with closed visor and character could change it like with the mages robe. I would so loved to see that! Anyway it's a stupid request .
    Good luck with your mode!

17. Beiträge anzeigen #377

Gwyn-Deith ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TheChrone Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi,
    just wanted to thank you guys for an amazing work you've done.
    I have a question though. I love playing as paladin and since I was a kid I wished I could put down the visor. You see the statues having it down and it looks sooooo good . I am not asking for animations of character closing it when entering combat or whatever, that would take much time for one armor but could you make new model of this armor with closed visor and character could change it like with the mages robe. I would so loved to see that! Anyway it's a stupid request .
    Good luck with your mode!
    Thanks, and sure this sounds like a fairly simple request we can do for some update after 1.1.2 mainly requires a small tweak of the helmet.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #378
    Warrior Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Hey, yo!

Here's the script with stats for the Swamp Golem in L'H v1.1.1:

Code:
        name[0] = "Swamp golem";
        guild = GIL_SWAMPGOLEM;
        aivar[AIV_MM_REAL_ID] = ID_SWAMPGOLEM;
        level = 25;
        attribute[ATR_STRENGTH] = 125;
        attribute[ATR_DEXTERITY] = 125;
        attribute[ATR_HITPOINTS_MAX] = 250;
        attribute[ATR_HITPOINTS] = 250;
        attribute[ATR_MANA_MAX] = 0;
        attribute[ATR_MANA] = 0;
        protection[PROT_BLUNT] = 125;
        protection[PROT_EDGE] = 125;
        protection[PROT_POINT] = 250;
        protection[PROT_FIRE] = 125;
        protection[PROT_FLY] = 125;
        protection[PROT_MAGIC] = 125;
        damagetype = DAM_BLUNT | DAM_FLY;
        damage[DAM_INDEX_BLUNT] = 95;
        damage[DAM_INDEX_FLY] = 100;
        fight_tactic = FAI_STONEGOLEM;
        senses = SENSE_HEAR | SENSE_SEE | SENSE_SMELL;
        senses_range = PERC_DIST_MONSTER_ACTIVE_MAX;
        aivar[AIV_MM_FollowTime] = FOLLOWTIME_MEDIUM;
        aivar[AIV_MM_FollowInWater] = TRUE;
        start_aistate = ZS_MM_AllScheduler;
        aivar[AIV_MM_RestStart] = OnlyRoutine;
    I'm unable to find any information on that, so I will ask here: if both STR and DEX of a this construct are 125, how come adding INDEX_BLUNT and INDEX_FLY results in 195 and not 125 (or 250 if DAM_BLUNT scales with STR and DAM_FLY scales with DEX or what)? Does that mean this monster deals more damage than its attributes suggest? Or how does that work? Does DAM_FLY scale with any attribute or is it a fixed value one can set in the script, and it simply inflicts the stated damage without consulting with anything else?

19. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #379

sunnyb0y ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ratamahatta Beitrag anzeigen
    why do you need us to spoil fun for you?
    it will be available for NH to craft from some rare materials, so keep searchin'
    It's not spoiling the fun. Problem with this mod is that it seems to have even less LP than vanilla G2. So I am torn between improving my STR / 2H and learning how to forge.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #380

Gwyn-Deith ist offline
    It's not spoiling the fun. Problem with this mod is that it seems to have even less LP than vanilla G2. So I am torn between improving my STR / 2H and learning how to forge.
    It may seem early on that there is less XP but this is not the case once you find bonuses/rings/amulets for attributes and also the several new areas in VoM/Khorinis that that give ALOT of xp. If you are asking which you should level up first i would say STR/2H since keep in mind the armor forging usually requires lots of ingredients and to be in a later chapter to have the necessary skills to forge it.

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    The armour you asked about in particular, the blueprint for it is sold by Bennet

Seite 19 von 31 « Erste ... 8121516171819202122232630 ... Letzte »