Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 14 von 31 « Erste ... 371011121314151617182125 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 261 bis 280 von 603
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #261
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Jarkhendar Gardist

Jarkhendar Gardist ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gwyn-Deith Beitrag anzeigen
    I have tested "Shield" as you said the first shield Harad teaches you to forge and it works fine, NH uses it in battle. It may work if you start a new game though since you where using an older L'hiver version save
    Afaik, there were no changes about the shields or they're scripts from version 1.1 to 1.11.
    So there should be no issue with the save game.

Anyway I will try if it works with a new game and report it here.

Some more questions:

Does it make sense to be Haralds' apprentice?
    Because the resources to forge a sword cost me more than Harald pays me finally for the finished sword?!

So If I start as Bospers apprentice, is it also possible to produce Crossbows?
    And could I learn smiting elsewhere?

Thanks for your Support!
    "Drachen?!....eine ganze Armee?!"
    Geändert von Jarkhendar Gardist (16.10.2017 um 15:12 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #262
    Ranger Avatar von Gwyn-Deith

Gwyn-Deith ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Jarkhendar Gardist Beitrag anzeigen
    Afaik, there were no changes about the shields or they're scripts from version 1.1 to 1.11.
    So there should be no issue with the save game.

Anyway I will try if it works with a new game and report it here.

Some more questions:

Does it make sense to be Haralds' apprentice?
    Because the resources to forge a sword cost me more than Harald pays me finally for the finished sword?!

So If I start as Bospers apprentice, is it also possible to produce Crossbows?
    And could I learn smiting elsewhere?

Thanks for your Support!
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

- Depends, if you wish to access the swords/shields only he can teach you how to forge, the much later swords and shields have special properties as well. Money wise, no not really Bosper is better in the long run though there may need to be some re-balacning for Harad since cost of forging swords has gone up.
    - Currently there are only craftable bows, and there are several other teachers of smithing as early as Bennet in Chapter 1 who teaches even more if you are a Merc/DGH.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #263
    Ranger Avatar von MrOysterhead

MrOysterhead ist offline
    Does this work with the german version of the game? Since there sadly is only an old version of L'Hiver available in german.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #264
    Adventurer

AntonioBarbarian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MrOysterhead Beitrag anzeigen
    Does this work with the german version of the game? Since there sadly is only an old version of L'Hiver available in german.
    Yes, but the game will be in English, except for the voices.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #265
    Ranger Avatar von MrOysterhead

MrOysterhead ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von AntonioBarbarian Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes, but the game will be in English, except for the voices.
    That's ok, thx!

6. Beiträge anzeigen #266
    Ranger Avatar von chessdragon136

chessdragon136 ist offline
    Am I correct in thinking that I only ever need to make and drink 1 of each of the "Enhancer" potions, and that the effects are then permanent?

Thanks

7. Beiträge anzeigen #267
    Ranger

Abekat ist offline
    Omg cant wait for free aim to be installed. Any ETA or way to know how far along he is with his stable version?

oh and BTW. Is there other ways to learn the magic fatigue formula than working for constantine. I think there ought to be since, the player might have picked Harad or Bosper not knowing he would be locked out of it if he went mage, and vice versa for specific swords and stuff.
    Please try not to close off such game-defining powers. Or point it out in-game.

Thanks
    Geändert von Abekat (24.10.2017 um 14:08 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #268
    Rookie

MikeyL ist offline
    What do the backstab option on assassin dagger and the block evade option on Master Sword mean?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #269
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Abekat Beitrag anzeigen
    Omg cant wait for free aim to be installed. Any ETA or way to know how far along he is with his stable version?
    After ELEX is finished at least 2 times I guess
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

10. Beiträge anzeigen #270
    Apprentice Avatar von granregon

granregon ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ratamahatta Beitrag anzeigen
    Maybe more!

Anyway I'm keeping an eye on the progress of the GFA and as soon as mud-freak will release the final version we will add it.
    But whatever regards the mod changes I am on a break for Elex.
    I also suggest to use the older version - official one on the first post - because the 1.1.1a there may be a bug concerning the shields, and at the moment I don't have time to figure out what is it.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #271
    Ehrengarde Avatar von mud-freak

mud-freak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Abekat Beitrag anzeigen
    Any ETA or way to know how far along he is with his stable version?
    Zitat Zitat von Ratamahatta Beitrag anzeigen
    Zitat Zitat von granregon Beitrag anzeigen
    Maybe more!

Anyway I'm keeping an eye on the progress of the GFA and as soon as mud-freak will release the final version we will add it.
    Don't worry. It shouldn't take long. Unfortunately, the testing phase suffers from the release of ELEX and I haven't heard much from the testers lately. (But maybe that's a good sign?) I myself am not playing ELEX.
    At the moment I am not aware of any bugs or problems. Should this continue on for a while, I will push the release. But I suppose there is no rush, because a lot of people are playing ELEX at the moment anyway.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #272
    Rookie

MikeyL ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MikeyL Beitrag anzeigen
    What do the backstab option on assassin dagger and the block evade option on Master Sword mean?
    Also, why do all characters (nameless hero and other NPCs) keep appearing and disappearing, like 1 second they're there and then 1 second they aren't. The weapons - swords, shields, bows, remain flying in the empty space as if the characters are still there.

It worked fine for a while (got to level 3 and entered Khorinis and went to harbor) and then this started happening when I loaded a save.

Other than that, I have to say I really like the mod - the changes in graphics, weapon appearance, world changes (connecting the world, adding stuff...). It's like Gothic 2.5

13. Beiträge anzeigen #273
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    -The backstab "option" in the Assassin dagger means that it has a bonus damage to attacks in the back (every weapon has a bonus damage if you hit an enemy in the back, but assassin dagger has a special bonus that adds way more damage)

-The block evade "option" should mean that the Master Sword can damage an enemy even when he's blocking attacks with a shield or a sword.

Also, why do all characters (nameless hero and other NPCs) keep appearing and disappearing, like 1 second they're there and then 1 second they aren't. The weapons - swords, shields, bows, remain flying in the empty space as if the characters are still there.

It worked fine for a while (got to level 3 and entered Khorinis and went to harbor) and then this started happening when I loaded a save.

Other than that, I have to say I really like the mod - the changes in graphics, weapon appearance, world changes (connecting the world, adding stuff...). It's like Gothic 2.5
    Which version are you playing with? This is probably a DirectX11 graphic bug, saving the game should fix this. If you don't want this to happen you should uninstall the DirectX11 (even the creator of the mod said it's not recommended to play L'Hiver with DX11 because it's not totally compatible and can cause this little graphic bugs)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #274
    Rookie

MikeyL ist offline
    Yeah, "option" was probably the wrong word.

I'm not playing DX11. It looks like the problem fixed itself, entered and exited the game a few times, reset my PC and it's all fine now.

15. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #275
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Plasquar

Plasquar ist offline
    Any chance that the dialogue could get german again (maybe @Bonne6 via Spine?)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #276
    Apprentice Avatar von zsicustos

zsicustos ist offline

Mid game paladin run review

Overall this does have the potential to be the best addon to Gothic 2. Good job so far guys. With that said let’s get into the details. Below is a summary and advice for players going for a run. And below that are my impressions for the developers grouped by Awesome, Good, OK, Bad, Horrible, Bugs/Suggestions.

I’m doing a no survival elements run with paladin and I’m just starting chapter 4. I went in with the following rules because I wanted a fun run: double LP each level and 1000 gold per level(wanted to see how the game would change). It thankfully gave me the chance to experiment with this mod more. It also made the game easier than it would have been. I also plan a mage run later.

Gothic used to be hard in the beginning to contrast your progression. Now it feels hard just for hard's sake. It feels like a souls game instead of Gothic. The beginning was torture, and I was cheating. At this moment I would not consider a non cheating run.

Advice for new players:
    • By default you won’t get ANYTHING from animals. First things first, once you have some LP run up to the archery trainer above Khorinis(close to the lighthouse), and learn to take meat from animals, it takes 5 LP but without it you will run dry fast.
    • Next: armors are useless most of the game so concentrate on offense. Having a weapon that does 15 extra damage is not as useful as having 10% extra 1h or 2h skill.
    • Shields look cool, but in their current form are mostly useless most of the time. They get better later. You can learn to craft them later.
    • Creating your own armors is fun, and you can upgrade them, which is really fun. Armors are useless until you upgrade them a lot but it’s still fun.
    • Creating your weapons is more annoying now but it’s ok I guess.
    • Enchanting is only for mages. You can create all of the rings/amulets in the game, plus a couple more. Some of the things I could make with my mage in the beginning I still don’t have at chapter 4.
    • Prospecting is useful if you plan on creating weapons or armor. The last teacher is in the old mine in the valley. You can potentially make a profit by creating stuff but I have no idea how much ore I will need.
    • Leather working is useful if you plan on creating armor.
    • Woodcutting is only useful if you make your own arrows, otherwise there is enough wood all over the place.
    • Bow making I have not tried.

The Awesome
    • Visuals are gorgeous. Vegetation is lush and ever-present and there are many details all over the place.
    • Map size has been expended and opened, eg. exiting Xardas's tower you can go directly to the pass if you want to. Granted you will be quickly murdered but you can.
    • Food now heals you for a percentage of life, which does away with the I have to eat 30 fried meat to get to full health.
    • As mentioned in other comments there is a new LP system that, when increasing eg. Strength only takes into account what you already spent and not what your current number is. And the 29 + 5 trick is gone which I oddly really like.
    • Lab bottles seem to be enough, and you don't need meadow knotweed for standard potions, this is soo cool.

The Good
    • The number of monsters has been increased, maybe even balanced. They kill you much easier but we get to that below
    • There are new functional skills! I love these, you can make your own armor, bows, amulets/rings. And you can make your own ingredients to a degree: mining for iron and magic ore, then melting them, tanning the skins for leather.
    • You can make some of the armors even in the first chapter if you manage to get the gold which means that if you want to hang there longer, you can. This I’m sure will please many people.
    • There are new monster behaviors. They all attack sooner which means you don't have to wait so long if you are luring one away, but that also means that you cannot really run past them. There is some better AI, even if it's a bit weird sometimes.
    • The flaming shadowbeasts are gone thankfully.
    • Insect swarms add a nice feel, even if I got murdered a couple of times.
    • Teleporter pentagrams are a nice change.
    • New recipe: berry broth which heals 30% and adds 1 permanent life.
    • New enemy goblin bandit: I like.
    • New enemy: shadow warrior and ghost mage combo. They look cool and are incredibly tough. The former can practically only be killed by destroy undead the later by a couple of swings. I think the shadow warrior was in the original game too but I’m not certain.
    • A number of chests have been changed to sarcophagi, and they add to the feeling.

The OK
    • The aforementioned tree cover is so dense that you have trouble spotting things, combined with the faster attack times if you are running through the forest you will get many surprises.
    • Praying to Innos is 300 gold now, this helps with the difficulty, you cannot really buy stats early-mid game this way.
    • Sleeping has been changed from the old "sleep until next morning" to sleep X hours. Which was probably needed for the whole exhaustion mechanic but without easy access to a game clock you really have to guess how long till morning, or just save, then look at the save game, which breaks immersion. The old system made more sense if you have non hard core script version, I suggest to change it back for the no survival script or display the time somehow.
    • There are shields. They increase your defensive stats, your life, lower your 1h fighting skill, and look cool. They also supposed to block but I have yet to experience that. For a darker side look at the shields entry in the bad section.
    • New enemy daemon: I like it as an enemy to fight, though the look is nice doesn't feel gothicy.
    • There are no stat boosting tablets on the addon world. I'm not sure how to feel about it, I'll see in the end. There is also no bloodfly secretion that I could find. Also there seem to be less rings/amulets than I recall but I might just be wrong. Otherwise there doesn’t seem to be much change in the addon world.
    • There are new shields in the addon world, eg. warriors shield that adds bonus if you wear it with other warrior stuff, though these become obsolete really fast.
    • The claw of Beliar is weaker now, but not by much.
    • The expanded regions sometimes lack the amount of plants/monsters that are characteristic of the rest of the game, this does break immersion a little bit. Though some are really nice: shores/hammer of justice areas. They still need a little bit of work but are pretty ok.

The Bad
    • Merchants buy things from you at 10% of the objects value, which means you will be starved for gold in the beginning. Even the smith buys your swords at a fraction of their value. Mid-late game you seem to have enough but barely. Early game it's just a pain, trophies are worthless, they seem like a LP waste.
    • Vengardian armor really needs a name change to fit in the game. Every time I look at it I think “Witcher”, which takes me out of the world of Gothic.
    • Armors used to mean something, now the monsters are so strong that for example I had the heavy militia armor on with a decent shield, protection amulet, and 4 rats, that's right rats killed me before I could kill any one of them. The same thing happened with 4 young bloodflies around the same level and same armor. The moment when armors seems to be somewhat useful against basic creatures is around heavy paladin/vengardian armor level 5. In melee you have to concentrate on offense because you can't tank damage. eg. I have 135 armor for blunt damage and scavengers can still visibly damage me.
    • Shields: Now since armor is useless most of the game shields become useless as well, they decrease your offense so much that at certain sections you become unviable. At one point I had to just take the shield down even after sinking points into learning to craft all of them.
    • Vatras no longer heals, which is supposed to make the game harder, and it kind of does, but the beginning of the game feels even more hard just to be hard.
    • Teleport to pass is in the castle, which was supposedly done to increase difficulty(now you need 500 gold), but instantly begs the question why haven't the messenger use it to teleport out. It breaks the immersion.
    • I couldn't find the cartographer int the docs or anyplace else. I'm not sure if it's moved or just removed.
    • Some maps aren't updated, I seem to recall skips map to dexter's, and the paladin shrines map.
    • The wolf animation spices things up but sometimes it looks weird and it's too fast so it breaks immersion.
    • Creating blades is a chore, since you have to make a new blade before you learn a new one but you can't use all the required equipment you usually have to go to the forge in the marketplace then back to Harad then back to the marketplace and so on, it's slow and really annoying. I suppose you could work at night but that’s not really ideal. Maybe it can be changed so you can learn all you want and put the check when you try to create it.

The Horrible
    • I know it will be removed from the next version but the monster health regeneration when they don't see you is horrible. I wanted to make a mage run and just had to abandon it after I got my first rune. I saw 2 wolves and wanted to kill/weaken one before they get close. I had mana for 2 firebolts and fired them both. At which point the wolf just regenerated to full health charged me and murdered me. Then I did a ragequit In my current run as a paladin it happened several times that a monster will dodge/get behind a tree/cactus and appeared on the other side with full health.

Bugs/suggestions:
    • Shields do not appear in hand periodically(purely visual), and not sure if block works(maybe add a sound effect).
    • Can you think of a way to decrease the range from where you can hear Vatras's voice, maybe a menu option to make him stop talking completely?
    • Selivan's routine is off compared to the other characters eg at 8:30 he's still in bed.
    • The forging equipment behind the marketplace desperately needs a workbench.
    • Add cheat codes for new items so people can experiment before choosing masters/sides.
    • Plants are almost invisible in the dense vegetation.
    • Lord Hagen is moved to the castle hill in chapter 3. There is no hint for why he's gone or where to find him. I thought it was a bug until I found the solution on a forum, good thing I know German . Others might not.
    • The paladin 1h blessed ore blade, is supposed to handle really well but it has no 1h bonus. Combine it with a good shield and your max one handed skill goes down.
    • If you are using a shield your max 1h should be trainable to 115% to account for the loss due to shields or the one handed skill decrease needs to be changed. The game is so offense focused right now that 15% is noticeable. Or you can just drop the decrease all together, they are not that useful right now anyways.
    • Can you change the paladin "light" spell? Right now it's a pulsating blue it doesn't illuminate much and in the darkness of the night it's incredibly annoying. I literally used it once. A suggestion: put it higher above the NH, make it a different color, disable the pulsing, make the illumination stronger, and the visual effect much smaller.
    • Forest berry needs their own berry broth recipe
    • Alchemy is boring, can you please add a sub-menu to create “1”, “5”, “all”, options for the 6 standard potions, eg. mana elixir.
    • Morgan's ring(that adds 10% one handed) is seriously buggy, it adds 10% skill each time you put it on or off! With it you can max out to 100% in a couple of clicks. Now, because you can loose 1h skill, by learning to max with a shield on, then taking the shield off, it is actually useful. I just use the ring to go back to max. But this is not ideal.
    • Ore and gold mining are not linked and I think they should be.
    • Trolls are almost un-killable, because they regenerate if you go to the side/back, and in the front they just one shot you, thankfully there are scrolls of shrink monster, or if you summon a golem they get distracted enough for you to kill them. But they should be more fun to deal with.
    • Praying to Innos is buggy. It used to be that you can pray at a shrine once per day and after a while it just gave you health. Now once per day seems to grow to sometimes once per day to sometimes once per two days, to no bonus no matter how much time has passed.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #277
    Rookie

MikeyL ist offline
    Great post zsi, I agree with almost everything.

As an advice to new players, I second going to the archery trainer above Khorinis and learning how to gut animals for meat - fried meat restores 20% hp, just like in G3, which is great and useful throughout the entire game. You want to do this as soon as possible. Tip/trick - after you do this, visit farms during night and slaughter all their sheep for meat. This is especially good if you are Bosper's student, as you'll get a few hundreds gold for the skins too.

One thing which I don't think you mentioned is that the base damage creatures do to NH has been raised to 25. Also, you only get like 5 HP per level. To me, this is a little too difficult so I countered it by about tripling my HP, so that I have about 500 hp and I'm at level 10-11 now.

Shields are pretty much useless, though they look nice. They should block monster attacks too. And blocking without a shield shouldn't be effective against humans 100% of the time. I think the percent of time it is effective should be equal to the player's 1h/2h skill.

The wolf/rat animations are just plain weird and too fast. Should be removed IMO.

BTW, the cartographer location:

The Khorinis map is also nice and reflects the changes in terrain, it's worth getting. The city map didn't change and so is quite useless tho.

Overall I really like the visual and terrain changes in the game as well as the appearance of new armors and weapons, which make old stuff look shitty tbh (except Claw of Beliar, which is as awesome as always). One minor complaint - I don't like swords that are too thin - I don't mean Master Sword/Rapier, they're supposed to be. But bastard swords and high end swords should be a bit broader. But that's really just minor and personal preference.

I don't like the difficulty either, it kind of seems forced. Like in real life, pretty sure I could take down two slow, fat molerats with a sword, even if I suffer some injuries, and I'm just an average dude.

NH is supposedly a hero and yet he just gets owned.

As for praying, I tested it some days ago and from my experience you can pray as many times per day as you want (a good thing IMO, saves time), though sometimes, rarely, like 1 out of 10 times, it randomly won't give you any bonus even if you haven't reached the max yet.

F.e. you can get

+1dex
    +1dex
    +1dex
    +1str
    +1dex
    +1str
    nothing
    +1str
    +1dex

Overall my experience with this mod is still positive. It is like Gothic enhanced, and it is bug free. 8.5/10, so far.

18. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #278
    Clockwork Origins Avatar von Bonne6

Bonne6 ist offline
    I added L'Hiver English Edition now to Spine, so you can easily download and play it there, too

19. Beiträge anzeigen #279
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    Tip/trick - after you do this, visit farms during night and slaughter all their sheep for meat. This is especially good if you are Bosper's student, as you'll get a few hundreds gold for the skins too..
    that is just cruel! poor sheep...
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

20. Beiträge anzeigen #280
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bonne6 Beitrag anzeigen
    I added L'Hiver English Edition now to Spine, so you can easily download and play it there, too
    Thank you for the help

Zitat Zitat von zsicustos Beitrag anzeigen
    Overall this does have the potential to be the best addon to Gothic 2. Good job so far guys. With that said let’s get into the details. Below is a summary and advice for players going for a run. And below that are my impressions for the developers grouped by Awesome, Good, OK, Bad, Horrible, Bugs/Suggestions.

I’m doing a no survival elements run with paladin and I’m just starting chapter 4. I went in with the following rules because I wanted a fun run: double LP each level and 1000 gold per level(wanted to see how the game would change). It thankfully gave me the chance to experiment with this mod more. It also made the game easier than it would have been. I also plan a mage run later.

Gothic used to be hard in the beginning to contrast your progression. Now it feels hard just for hard's sake. It feels like a souls game instead of Gothic. The beginning was torture, and I was cheating. At this moment I would not consider a non cheating run.

Advice for new players:
    • By default you won’t get ANYTHING from animals. First things first, once you have some LP run up to the archery trainer above Khorinis(close to the lighthouse), and learn to take meat from animals, it takes 5 LP but without it you will run dry fast.
    • Next: armors are useless most of the game so concentrate on offense. Having a weapon that does 15 extra damage is not as useful as having 10% extra 1h or 2h skill.
    • Shields look cool, but in their current form are mostly useless most of the time. They get better later. You can learn to craft them later.
    • Creating your own armors is fun, and you can upgrade them, which is really fun. Armors are useless until you upgrade them a lot but it’s still fun.
    • Creating your weapons is more annoying now but it’s ok I guess.
    • Enchanting is only for mages. You can create all of the rings/amulets in the game, plus a couple more. Some of the things I could make with my mage in the beginning I still don’t have at chapter 4.
    • Prospecting is useful if you plan on creating weapons or armor. The last teacher is in the old mine in the valley. You can potentially make a profit by creating stuff but I have no idea how much ore I will need.
    • Leather working is useful if you plan on creating armor.
    • Woodcutting is only useful if you make your own arrows, otherwise there is enough wood all over the place.
    • Bow making I have not tried.

The Awesome
    • Visuals are gorgeous. Vegetation is lush and ever-present and there are many details all over the place.
    • Map size has been expended and opened, eg. exiting Xardas's tower you can go directly to the pass if you want to. Granted you will be quickly murdered but you can.
    • Food now heals you for a percentage of life, which does away with the I have to eat 30 fried meat to get to full health.
    • As mentioned in other comments there is a new LP system that, when increasing eg. Strength only takes into account what you already spent and not what your current number is. And the 29 + 5 trick is gone which I oddly really like.
    • Lab bottles seem to be enough, and you don't need meadow knotweed for standard potions, this is soo cool.

The Good
    • The number of monsters has been increased, maybe even balanced. They kill you much easier but we get to that below
    • There are new functional skills! I love these, you can make your own armor, bows, amulets/rings. And you can make your own ingredients to a degree: mining for iron and magic ore, then melting them, tanning the skins for leather.
    • You can make some of the armors even in the first chapter if you manage to get the gold which means that if you want to hang there longer, you can. This I’m sure will please many people.
    • There are new monster behaviors. They all attack sooner which means you don't have to wait so long if you are luring one away, but that also means that you cannot really run past them. There is some better AI, even if it's a bit weird sometimes.
    • The flaming shadowbeasts are gone thankfully.
    • Insect swarms add a nice feel, even if I got murdered a couple of times.
    • Teleporter pentagrams are a nice change.
    • New recipe: berry broth which heals 30% and adds 1 permanent life.
    • New enemy goblin bandit: I like.
    • New enemy: shadow warrior and ghost mage combo. They look cool and are incredibly tough. The former can practically only be killed by destroy undead the later by a couple of swings. I think the shadow warrior was in the original game too but I’m not certain.
    • A number of chests have been changed to sarcophagi, and they add to the feeling.

The OK
    • The aforementioned tree cover is so dense that you have trouble spotting things, combined with the faster attack times if you are running through the forest you will get many surprises.
    • Praying to Innos is 300 gold now, this helps with the difficulty, you cannot really buy stats early-mid game this way.
    • Sleeping has been changed from the old "sleep until next morning" to sleep X hours. Which was probably needed for the whole exhaustion mechanic but without easy access to a game clock you really have to guess how long till morning, or just save, then look at the save game, which breaks immersion. The old system made more sense if you have non hard core script version, I suggest to change it back for the no survival script or display the time somehow.
    • There are shields. They increase your defensive stats, your life, lower your 1h fighting skill, and look cool. They also supposed to block but I have yet to experience that. For a darker side look at the shields entry in the bad section.
    • New enemy daemon: I like it as an enemy to fight, though the look is nice doesn't feel gothicy.
    • There are no stat boosting tablets on the addon world. I'm not sure how to feel about it, I'll see in the end. There is also no bloodfly secretion that I could find. Also there seem to be less rings/amulets than I recall but I might just be wrong. Otherwise there doesn’t seem to be much change in the addon world.
    • There are new shields in the addon world, eg. warriors shield that adds bonus if you wear it with other warrior stuff, though these become obsolete really fast.
    • The claw of Beliar is weaker now, but not by much.
    • The expanded regions sometimes lack the amount of plants/monsters that are characteristic of the rest of the game, this does break immersion a little bit. Though some are really nice: shores/hammer of justice areas. They still need a little bit of work but are pretty ok.

The Bad
    • Merchants buy things from you at 10% of the objects value, which means you will be starved for gold in the beginning. Even the smith buys your swords at a fraction of their value. Mid-late game you seem to have enough but barely. Early game it's just a pain, trophies are worthless, they seem like a LP waste.
    • Vengardian armor really needs a name change to fit in the game. Every time I look at it I think “Witcher”, which takes me out of the world of Gothic.
    • Armors used to mean something, now the monsters are so strong that for example I had the heavy militia armor on with a decent shield, protection amulet, and 4 rats, that's right rats killed me before I could kill any one of them. The same thing happened with 4 young bloodflies around the same level and same armor. The moment when armors seems to be somewhat useful against basic creatures is around heavy paladin/vengardian armor level 5. In melee you have to concentrate on offense because you can't tank damage. eg. I have 135 armor for blunt damage and scavengers can still visibly damage me.
    • Shields: Now since armor is useless most of the game shields become useless as well, they decrease your offense so much that at certain sections you become unviable. At one point I had to just take the shield down even after sinking points into learning to craft all of them.
    • Vatras no longer heals, which is supposed to make the game harder, and it kind of does, but the beginning of the game feels even more hard just to be hard.
    • Teleport to pass is in the castle, which was supposedly done to increase difficulty(now you need 500 gold), but instantly begs the question why haven't the messenger use it to teleport out. It breaks the immersion.
    • I couldn't find the cartographer int the docs or anyplace else. I'm not sure if it's moved or just removed.
    • Some maps aren't updated, I seem to recall skips map to dexter's, and the paladin shrines map.
    • The wolf animation spices things up but sometimes it looks weird and it's too fast so it breaks immersion.
    • Creating blades is a chore, since you have to make a new blade before you learn a new one but you can't use all the required equipment you usually have to go to the forge in the marketplace then back to Harad then back to the marketplace and so on, it's slow and really annoying. I suppose you could work at night but that’s not really ideal. Maybe it can be changed so you can learn all you want and put the check when you try to create it.

The Horrible
    • I know it will be removed from the next version but the monster health regeneration when they don't see you is horrible. I wanted to make a mage run and just had to abandon it after I got my first rune. I saw 2 wolves and wanted to kill/weaken one before they get close. I had mana for 2 firebolts and fired them both. At which point the wolf just regenerated to full health charged me and murdered me. Then I did a ragequit In my current run as a paladin it happened several times that a monster will dodge/get behind a tree/cactus and appeared on the other side with full health.

Bugs/suggestions:
    • Shields do not appear in hand periodically(purely visual), and not sure if block works(maybe add a sound effect).
    • Can you think of a way to decrease the range from where you can hear Vatras's voice, maybe a menu option to make him stop talking completely?
    • Selivan's routine is off compared to the other characters eg at 8:30 he's still in bed.
    • The forging equipment behind the marketplace desperately needs a workbench.
    • Add cheat codes for new items so people can experiment before choosing masters/sides.
    • Plants are almost invisible in the dense vegetation.
    • Lord Hagen is moved to the castle hill in chapter 3. There is no hint for why he's gone or where to find him. I thought it was a bug until I found the solution on a forum, good thing I know German . Others might not.
    • The paladin 1h blessed ore blade, is supposed to handle really well but it has no 1h bonus. Combine it with a good shield and your max one handed skill goes down.
    • If you are using a shield your max 1h should be trainable to 115% to account for the loss due to shields or the one handed skill decrease needs to be changed. The game is so offense focused right now that 15% is noticeable. Or you can just drop the decrease all together, they are not that useful right now anyways.
    • Can you change the paladin "light" spell? Right now it's a pulsating blue it doesn't illuminate much and in the darkness of the night it's incredibly annoying. I literally used it once. A suggestion: put it higher above the NH, make it a different color, disable the pulsing, make the illumination stronger, and the visual effect much smaller.
    • Forest berry needs their own berry broth recipe
    • Alchemy is boring, can you please add a sub-menu to create “1”, “5”, “all”, options for the 6 standard potions, eg. mana elixir.
    • Morgan's ring(that adds 10% one handed) is seriously buggy, it adds 10% skill each time you put it on or off! With it you can max out to 100% in a couple of clicks. Now, because you can loose 1h skill, by learning to max with a shield on, then taking the shield off, it is actually useful. I just use the ring to go back to max. But this is not ideal.
    • Ore and gold mining are not linked and I think they should be.
    • Trolls are almost un-killable, because they regenerate if you go to the side/back, and in the front they just one shot you, thankfully there are scrolls of shrink monster, or if you summon a golem they get distracted enough for you to kill them. But they should be more fun to deal with.
    • Praying to Innos is buggy. It used to be that you can pray at a shrine once per day and after a while it just gave you health. Now once per day seems to grow to sometimes once per day to sometimes once per two days, to no bonus no matter how much time has passed.

Huge lists, we love them we'll consider every point and make the right changes to improve L'Hiver, some ideas are good and will probably see the light on future updates.
    Thank you for your huge support

About the 1.1.2 version, it'll take some time since we're really busy at the moment and in our free time we're enjoying ELEX, but don't worry, we'll keep the mod updated, sooner GFA will be out i think so we can start making this huge patch, keep sending us your feedback if your playing, we're always giving a look here

Seite 14 von 31 « Erste ... 371011121314151617182125 ... Letzte »