Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 11 von 31 « Erste ... 47891011121314151822 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 201 bis 220 von 603
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #201
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Jarkhendar Gardist

Jarkhendar Gardist ist offline
    I played now since 17 minutes

I have following problem:
    Often when I want to save or reload a save the game crashes with the error "Out of Memory"
    How can I solve this?

I've installed l'hiver and all utilities like described in the start post.

Thanks in advance!
    "Drachen?!....eine ganze Armee?!"

2. Beiträge anzeigen #202
    Adventurer Avatar von Dalfar

Dalfar ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Jarkhendar Gardist Beitrag anzeigen

Often when I want to save or reload a save the game crashes with the error "Out of Memory"
    How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance!

are you using quick save and quick load?

3. Beiträge anzeigen #203

No i saved normal.

But now i reinstalled the 4gb Patch and started trough the replaced Gothic2.exe and not via the ModStarter.
    Now it works fine

But one new question: I found my first Shield i can wear it, but the hero does not take it from his back while fighting.
    The animation of blocking is fine, but shield stays on his back

4. Beiträge anzeigen #204
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    No i saved normal.

But now i reinstalled the 4gb Patch and started trough the replaced Gothic2.exe and not via the ModStarter.
    Now it works fine

But one new question: I found my first Shield i can wear it, but the hero does not take it from his back while fighting.
    The animation of blocking is fine, but shield stays on his back
    Have you done this?

After you installed L'Hiver, you should go in GothicII\system and modify the following lines in SystemPack.ini :

EnableShields = 0 -----> EnableShields = 1

5. Beiträge anzeigen #205
    Fighter Avatar von Tharr

Tharr ist offline

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance!
    This happen to me with D3D11 patch, I had to give up on it unfortunately .
    ...They call me The Wanderer...

6. Beiträge anzeigen #206
    Adventurer Avatar von Dalfar

Dalfar ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tharr Beitrag anzeigen
    This happen to me with D3D11 patch, I had to give up on it unfortunately .
    D3D11 and Quick save/load feature caused alot of memory and save files corrupt for me.

without those features I have had zero memory crashes.
    Forgot to turn my game of yeasterday was on whole night without any issue

but Ive had this wierd thing 2-3 times the game starts to lagg and slow down to the point where Its unplayable. just need to start the game again o.O

Happen at the same spot everytime near the portal where you first meet the Water Mages.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #207
    Apprentice Avatar von granregon

granregon ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von chessdragon136 Beitrag anzeigen
    Had an odd issue today where as Samuel (Pirate Camp Booze guy) was missing. I don't know what happened, and sadly i mistakenly saved over the save game.. But my only fix was to console insert him back in. I suspect the re-design caused an issue and he either fell off the game / died somehow. Not expecting any fixes for this but only posting in case others see the same.

If so, open console ("bmarvinb" and then F2, and "insert PIR_1351_Addon_Samuel") Do this somewhere near his cave.
    Do you edited the Gothic.ini without starting a new game? In more specific do you edited this lines:
    zTexCacheOutTimeMSec=240000
    zTexCacheSizeMaxBytes=100000000
    zSndCacheOutTimeMSec=10000
    zSndCacheSizeMaxBytes=20000000
    This also happened to me but many NPCs where missing, the only way I found to fix this was to restore the Gothic.ini and reload an older save. Luckly I stored any saves in a .7z so I could go back like 20 hours but not waste everything.

Secondly, may I trouble you and ask for which files were modified in order to add (and since remove for the next version) the NPC health regen? I'd like to take a look and I must be tired as I'm not seeing it. I'd like to tinker with this as I like the concept and don't want to see it removed entirely if it can be fixed.
    As you say we decided to remove it completly but if you would restore it by yourself you can take a look on our github project.
    I linked you the commit where the regen was removed for NW script, just change branch to see the equivalent for the Survival.

How can I solve this?
    For "out of memory" crashes follow Tentarr guide. Not a single crash since I did it.
    EDIT: I also use Directx11
    Geändert von granregon (09.10.2017 um 20:58 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #208
    Ranger Avatar von chessdragon136

chessdragon136 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von granregon Beitrag anzeigen
    Do you edited the Gothic.ini without starting a new game? In more specific do you edited this lines:
    zTexCacheOutTimeMSec=240000
    zTexCacheSizeMaxBytes=100000000
    zSndCacheOutTimeMSec=10000
    zSndCacheSizeMaxBytes=20000000
    This also happened to me but many NPCs where missing, the only way I found to fix this was to restore the Gothic.ini and reload an older save. Luckly I stored any saves in a .7z so I could go back like 20 hours but not waste everything.
    Is nice to know I'm not the only one, but no I haven't modified Gothic.ini at al except setting up my initial game options.

As you say we decided to remove it completly but if you would restore it by yourself you can take a look on our github project.
    I linked you the commit where the regen was removed for NW script, just change branch to see the equivalent for the Survival.
    Thanks for the link. I looked in those files but totally missed those lines! I have a partial script for vanilla NOTR where NPC's will drink potions during a fight if there is enough distance between NPC and Hero, but it is still rather temperamental.

Finally, with the changes to the LP made in the recent patch, can you please change some trainers to teach higher skills (most cases > 90) Playing a Dex build, I hit 90 in CH1 and killed Cassia
    for fun. Sadly, this leaves me with 0 trainers as Diego is still in VoM, and I don;t think anyone else teaches > 90.. This is based on vanilla NotR.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #209

For "out of memory" crashes follow Tentarr guide. Not a single crash since I did it.
    EDIT: I also use Directx11
    I've played now for about 1,5h without any Crash.
    The only Things I've done were:

- Reinstalling the System-Pack
    - Reinstalling the 4gB Patch
    - Crash-Fix (replacing the two .dll files)

I am starting the game via the replaced Gothic2.exe and no longer via the Starter.

After that everything worked perfect! (except there is a Version Warning at the start of the game.(Checksum xxxx) But until now there were no issues.

PS: Shield carrying Animation is also working now. sometimes I Need to reload a savegame that the anim is properly shown.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #210

Another bugfix:

When learning Leatherworking from Bosper with no LP, the "Learned Leatherworking" text is still displayed.

Proposed fix:
    Move from DIA_VLK_413_Bosper.d Line 562
    AI_PrintScreen(PRINT_LEARNLEATHER,-1,52,FONT_SCREENBRIGHTLARGE,3);

To b_teachplayertalentleather.d Line 16

11. Beiträge anzeigen #211
    Ranger Avatar von Gwyn-Deith

Gwyn-Deith ist offline
    Is nice to know I'm not the only one, but no I haven't modified Gothic.ini at al except setting up my initial game options.
    Haven't seen this issue come up myself but i know that missing NPC's can occur from a corrupted save file.

Thanks for the link. I looked in those files but totally missed those lines! I have a partial script for vanilla NOTR where NPC's will drink potions during a fight if there is enough distance between NPC and Hero, but it is still rather temperamental.

Finally, with the changes to the LP made in the recent patch, can you please change some trainers to teach higher skills (most cases > 90) Playing a Dex build, I hit 90 in CH1 and killed Cassia
    for fun. Sadly, this leaves me with 0 trainers as Diego is still in VoM, and I don;t think anyone else teaches > 90.. This is based on vanilla NotR.
    Then go to Diego? The only teachers who can teach to 160 are Diego, Ferros and Cassia

Another bugfix:

When learning Leatherworking from Bosper with no LP, the "Learned Leatherworking" text is still displayed.

Proposed fix:
    Move from DIA_VLK_413_Bosper.d Line 562
    AI_PrintScreen(PRINT_LEARNLEATHER,-1,52,FONT_SCREENBRIGHTLARGE,3);
    To b_teachplayertalentleather.d Line 16
    Thanks for the suggestion would be best if you could post a list of bugs instead of a single bug/bugfix after playing for a while thanks just makes things easier for us

12. Beiträge anzeigen #212

Zitat Zitat von Gwyn-Deith Beitrag anzeigen
    Then go to Diego? The only teachers who can teach to 160 are Diego, Ferros and Cassia
    But he is in VoM and i'm in CH1.. Also, I think many people after completing CH1 go to Jharkendar before VoM, which has 0 trainers for >90.. It is a lot to ask that on levelling up to expect players to leave Jharkendar, get into VoM and then get to Diego in his hideout. As it is, you may as well complete VoM and go to Jharkendar in CH3.

All I ask is for some consideration for some other trainers to be classified as T_HIGH and thus train to 120. With the new LP system players hitting 90 in base attributes in CH1 is relatively easy, and access to trainers becomes a pain.

Zitat Zitat von Gwyn-Deith Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks for the suggestion would be best if you could post a list of bugs instead of a single bug/bugfix after playing for a while thanks just makes things easier for us
    Ok I'll try keep a list but I've never been that good - Can i not post issues on Github? Or if you really want to be trusting I'm happy to fix issues on Github and document.

Thanks for the great work.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #213

Ok double post, sorry.

May I ask, the fix for the Bosper issue on GitHub currently has an if to check against:
    B_TeachPlayerTalentTakeAnimalTrophy passing through LEATHERFUSE_1 (const 0)

I think this is wrong, as it will be treated as Trophy Teeth (also const 0) and teach the wrong talent.

May i suggest to change (all in Bosper DIA)
    b_TeachPlayerTalentTakeAnimalTrophy
    to
    b_teachplayertalentleather

and then remove
    b_teachplayertalentleather(self,other,LEATHERFASE_1);

The above info is based on commit id 73d791e116e9c12edde915891f50989134706494

Thanks
    Geändert von chessdragon136 (10.10.2017 um 12:54 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #214

Gwyn-Deith ist offline
    Ok double post, sorry.

May I ask, the fix for the Bosper issue on GitHub currently has an if to check against:
    B_TeachPlayerTalentTakeAnimalTrophy passing through LEATHERFUSE_1 (const 0)

I think this is wrong, as it will be treated as Trophy Teeth (also const 0) and teach the wrong talent.

May i suggest to change (all in Bosper DIA)
    b_TeachPlayerTalentTakeAnimalTrophy
    to
    b_teachplayertalentleather

and then remove
    b_teachplayertalentleather(self,other,LEATHERFASE_1);

The above info is based on commit id 73d791e116e9c12edde915891f50989134706494

Thanks
    Thanks i fixed it up
    We are ok with coders for now imo atm not that much to do besides very small bug fixes so best not to have to many people coding, although this may change in the future with the maany things we want to add. People focusing of testing and reporting bug lists is much more needed .

EDIT: oh i get your issue with a DEX trainer that early, we can change a couple other NPCs as a > 90 dex trainer in NW Chap1
    Geändert von Gwyn-Deith (10.10.2017 um 13:35 Uhr)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #215

Thanks for the swift response as ever. Is useful given that I am in Asia and the time zone differences can make conversations last for days instead of minutes sometimes..

I may reach out to you guys in the future as for a while I have been working on a Mod but given the direction you are taking L'hiver in it is more tempting to modify it into L'hiver. Essentially, my mod is a quest pack for apprentices, using the skills learned from whomever you signed up with and they continue throughout the game.. As you can imagine using L'hiver can create more varied questlines..

Good luck, and I'll no doubt be on here once and again - I have missed modding Gothic!

16. Beiträge anzeigen #216

Gwyn-Deith ist offline
    Thanks for the swift response as ever. Is useful given that I am in Asia and the time zone differences can make conversations last for days instead of minutes sometimes..

I may reach out to you guys in the future as for a while I have been working on a Mod but given the direction you are taking L'hiver in it is more tempting to modify it into L'hiver. Essentially, my mod is a quest pack for apprentices, using the skills learned from whomever you signed up with and they continue throughout the game.. As you can imagine using L'hiver can create more varied questlines..

Good luck, and I'll no doubt be on here once and again - I have missed modding Gothic!
    Sounds interesting, ofc can't make too many promises about modding for questlines but yes absolutely we could use help in the future when we start to add many other features, esp. a game world (zen/spacer) editor.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #217
    Rookie

Canes ist offline
    I still have no idea if this is an overhaul or bugfixes or just improves graphics, but it sounds AWESOME! Good job you Gothic Gods!

Couple of questions though:
    - When is 1.1.2 due to be released, because if I read the thread right it will break savegames. Should I hold off on a new playthrough and wait for the new version...
    - Also, is it compatible with Yet Another Unofficial Patch? Will those fixes be implemented here, or are they the same fixes?

18. Beiträge anzeigen #218
    Kämpfer Avatar von Masty

Masty ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Canes Beitrag anzeigen
    I still have no idea if this is an overhaul or bugfixes or just improves graphics, but it sounds AWESOME! Good job you Gothic Gods!

- When is 1.1.2 due to be released, because if I read the thread right it will break savegames. Should I hold off on a new playthrough and wait for the new version...
    - Also, is it compatible with Yet Another Unofficial Patch? Will those fixes be implemented here, or are they the same fixes?

- I think it won't take too much for the 1.1.2 to be released, but we're still not sure. (if it was me i would wait 1 week or even more since the modifications are important and changes the game a lot )
    - Something has already changed and we'll bring some features for sure, since lot of them seems good, but it'll take a while

19. Beiträge anzeigen #219
    Rookie

Canes ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Masty Beitrag anzeigen
    - I think it won't take too much for the 1.1.2 to be released, but we're still not sure. (if it was me i would wait 1 week or even more since the modifications are important and changes the game a lot )
    - Something has already changed and we'll bring some features for sure, since lot of them seems good, but it'll take a while
    Thank you very much for the fast response. I guess I'll hold off replaying Gothic 2 for now until version 1.1.2 is out -- no rush. Waited 5-something years to replay, I can wait another week or two.

Also, wanted to make a note here to anyone who gets the checksum mismatch error. It's caused by the 4gb_patch, the one we use to allocate more memory to the executable. Since it's a patch it changes the checksum.But it can be safely ignored, it should not affect the game if you have everything installed correctly, or you can install version DX11_17.5_Liker that does not display the notification. 17.5 Liker also fixes the hang/freeze when exiting the game.

Naturally, this is for users that use D3D11.
    Geändert von Canes (10.10.2017 um 20:59 Uhr)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #220

Gwyn-Deith ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Canes Beitrag anzeigen

- Mod adds new interactions, survival mechanics (optional), new locations, new talents e.g. armour crafting, bow crafting. You can read the main page for a better description and the changelog.
    - If you haven't started yet, yes might as well wait
    - No it is not compatible since it modifies the scripts, there are many fixes that are the same but we may add some from there as Masty said

Seite 11 von 31 « Erste ... 47891011121314151822 ... Letzte »