Gothic 2 NotR Full English Scripts

For those of us who struggle with German, I have spent the time to create a set of fixed English scripts which can be used to compile additions and alterations to the Gothic 2 NotR world. Previous work by @WernerTWC had created a package that allowed for the creation of new worlds, but did not include the NPC's and dialog of the game to allow for modification of existing NPC's.

As i was unable to find these anywhere before I thought I'd share.
I hope it helps others to create mods.

G2NotR_FullEnglishScripts.zip

Install:
  1. Install G2, NotR, 2.6 fix, Playerkit, SystemPack
  2. Install Modkit, and during installation be sure NOT to select the scripts option.
  3. Install the Modkit update (2.6a)
  4. Install SpacerStarter
  5. Extract the files attached to ..\_work\Data\Scripts\CONTENT

Note: the Cutscenes folder has not been included in this package as the files should already exist on the system (OU.bin, OU.csl)

Usage:
Given that the Mod Kit works only in German it creates a small inconvenience for test scripts. This is compounded by the use of GothicGame.mod introduced in the PlayerKit as i kept finding that it would load files from here and not my modified files i was creating.

My recommended usage is:
  1. Update the scripts as you desire
  2. Using Spacer (See Note Below), re-parse the scripts from the World menu
  3. For dialog changes, rebuild the OU by opening the window, clicking load, then update, then save (allowing for each operation to complete before the next)
  4. Run the game directly (outside of GothicStarter.exe)

Spacer Note: You must launch spacer directly and not through Gothic starter mod, as this seems to load the OU data from the GothicGame.mod, and will change most game text back to German.

Testing
I have tested this mod to a point but I have not run a complete game through. If you have any issues do let me know.

Technical Details:
This pack was created by de-compiling gothic.dat, renaming the files to match the German versions as per the Gothic Mod-Kit (for ease of comparison) and then fixed and tested. The only files remaining from the German version are externals.d which i did not appear to have and the Isabel test model. Neither file contains any translatable text that i could see. There are a few more details in the spoiler below.

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
UK version has no:
externals.d in AI Intern
\Story\B_AssignAmbientInfos\B_PAL_SchiffswacheAmbient
\Story\B_AssignAmbientInfos\B_ORC_AntiPaladinX
\Story\B_AssignAmbientInfos\B_DMT_RitualDementor
\Story\Dialoge\DIA_Addon_BT_10092_Isabel

German version has no:
\Story\Dialoge\DIA_DMT_1201_Dementor
\Story\Dialoge\DIA_OrcElite_AntiPaladin1
\Story\Dialoge\DIA_Pal_220_Schiffswache

Given the similarities it looks like the dialogue routines in the UK are AmbientInfos in German. I am not sure who made these changes but I have stuck with the English version as much as possible so removed the German AmbientInfos.

As an aside, all English files were renamed to match their German counterparts which can be installed as per the ModKit - This was done for ease of bug fixing and ability to quickly find the corresponding working version in German.