Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Neuling Avatar von Hrolf

Hrolf ist offline

Gothic 3 Alternate story?

Mein Deutsch ist kaputt so here goes in English:

The G3 storyline was very disappointing if I had the ability to create another one I'd change so many things.

Story beginning:
    A long cutscene-prologue starts in the sea with the nameless hero on the deck of the Paladin Ship, the Esmeralda, counting the gold treasure he got from the Halls of Irdorath with Diego and Gorn. Diego will slip a few coins in his pocket for comedy and then be asked to return the gold. Diego's excuse would be "bad old camp habits". Lester, who is on the look out will site a pirate ship and tell everyone (Milten, Lee, Angar, Vatras, Jack) to prepare for battle. Everyone will ignore him and wonder why the stoned guy with heavy headaches is in the crow's nest. Pirates will board the ship and a fight starts, then their captain will halt his men after seeing the nameless hero and apologize. To Greg's "defense" he'll say that his men are desperate to the point they'd attack a royal ship...At that point loud horns of war will be heard from far away, the mainland Myrtana is in sight and two Orc galleys to 'welcome' the Esmeralda. Cutscene ends when the player runs to the rudder, pushes Jack away and steers it. You will be commanding the ship similar to Assassin's creed's. After downing one ship with cannons, the other one will manage to board. The hero will be as strong as in Gothic 2's final chapter with top grade armor and twohander. After you take them down aswell, a short cutscene goes under the sea with a creepy sound and then a giant sea creature appears letting out a very loud screech. The hero will tell his crew to move ahead and meet up on the mainland but Diego will protest and say he never saw anything that size, it must be Beliar himself to which the hero will reply with his iconic reply (relax, everything will be alright). The cutscene ends when the hero jumps on the creature. After an exhausting fight, the hero manages to win but the creature will fall on him dragging him down to the depths of the sea. The hero loses consciousness underwater and will end up losing most of his power and gear. A small cutscene shows him half naked laying on his belly on a beach near Ardea, woken up by a sparrow poking his head. The cutscene ends and Chapter One's window pops up, titled 'Welcome to Myrtana'. Before you even make a few steps you will see a fisherman from afar coming down your way. He will be wondering where you're from and what you are and also complain that he's forced to fish despite being a farmer but that the food is for the army. Depending on the answers he will give you directions to the cave where his family and people like him take shelter 'these days'. After a short walk you'll find a teenager near the opening of a cave who'll lead you inside. Some women and older men will be there. You'll ask them if they saw your friends, the boy's mother will tell you that her brother (the boy's uncle) is a hunter and mostly outside she agrees to send the boy with you as a guide. You find the hunter, he requests you to help him with hunting scavengers then tells you he saw a big dark guy with a giant axe heading to the 'militia cave'. This cave is a little more sophisticated and has a militia guarding it. He has a patronizing tone and depending on your behavior he might kick your ass! He asks you about the big dark guy's name and after you tell him 'Gorn' he let's you in. One's inside you'll learn that the cave is comprised of alert Militia men who suspect that an Orc attack will happen soon on Ardea but the leader of Ardea is an arrogant jerk who considers them crazy. Then you get to Gorn and appearantly, he has been waiting in that Militia cave for a week and he'll tell you how bored he was and how horrible you look. Then he'll say Lester, Diego and Milten are working on a farm nearby to kill time while Lee headed for Nordmar to start his revenge. On the way to the farm, accompanied by Gorn, you see Ardea from afar and another small cutscene shows an orc commander giving a sign for his troops to attack Ardea. The city is being invaded and Gorn says only a madman would go against that many. You end up going to the farm where............(I could go on forever xD).

To summarize some good parts of the story:
    There would be a chapter that requires you to return to Khorinis to liberate it (you'll see a cutscene with Lord Hagen dueling an Orc general and dying to him). Lester will accompany you because he remembers the paper that gives him the right to own the tower in the valley of mines, it will be tied with a minister sycophant that will lead to Lee's story getting closer to his revenge etc. Both Lee and Gorn will aim for the paladin rank. Wolf story involving new armor design for the mercenaries in the hot desert, Cipher (the boss that helped defeating the Swamp dragon) not liking the climate and wants your company to go to Nordmar > becomes an Elite huskarl. Gotha won't be zombified by Xardas, instead he'll call upon a mighty dragon to destroy it, Xardas will slightly lose his mind to beliar's power and truly become evil = pre final boss fight, then comes the true monster. Lares will shortly run a bandit gang to raid orcs and their cities (basically a robin hood). if I continue, this post will be longer than a harry potter book.

Some features:

- Starting with a bigger world map that would include the island of Khorinis

- The return of 'chapter windows' and a more linear storyline.

- Able to row boats and steer ships (needed for Khorinis), there would be various mounts(including mounted combat) and more expertises like fishing.

- People, orcs and creatures will come in different shapes: thin, fat, muscular, small, normal, tall.

- Ability to change appearance at a barber etc. More str = (slightly) more muscles

- The war wouldn't be as one sided and not all cities will have been conquered by Orcs but they're still on the winning side

- Gladiator fights will be much more grand.

- Orcs would have more ranks: Orc Slaves (mostly in human cities), Orc Scouts with simple equipment like a spiked club or an orc-styled Butcher cleaver, Orc Warrior, Orc Heavy Warrior, Orc Elite, Orc Commander, Orc General, Orc Supreme general (there would be 3 of these one for each region: Nordmar/Myrtana/Varant). Orc Mercenaries would be renamed to Rebels or Traitors. Warg and Shadowbeast (higher ranks) mounts.

- Humans would have more ranks aswell:
    Rhobar army:
    Light militia (like police in a city, equiped with short swords), medium militia (equal to orc scouts in combat), Heavy militia (equal to orc warrior), Knight, Paladin (this one will have 3 orders you can only join 1 of the 3), Paladin Commander, Royal Paladin (Rhobar personal elite bodyguard unit, different armor), General, Fire Mages. Horse mounts, armored horses in many colors.

-Zuben army: Hashishin (1 sword), Hashishin warrior (spear, 1 sword or dual swords, equal to heavy militia), Mamluk(random name but similar looks, equiping dual swords, spear, or sword and shield), Mamluk Warrior, Elite Mamluk Warrior and Zuben Assassins, Necromancers. Horse and camel mounts, + armored.

- Light > Heavy Nomads and Lee's mercenaries with their Water mages.

- Nordmar army: light barb, medium barb, heavy barbarian (equal to heavy orc warrior, various equipment, small axe (+shield), 2 handed axe, dual axes, spears, big 2 handers etc), Huskarl and Elite Huskarl, Chieftains, Druids. Elks and horse mounts + armored, rare sabretooth mounts.

-There would be slaves (mostly in orc conquered cities), citizens, each region with different outfits, Nobles, Governors and Ministers (the sycophants Lee was talking about).

I'm day dreaming? Sorry about that. Been 10+ years since Gothic 3 (which I didn't even finish!).
    Maybe our top notch modders can do it

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Adventurer

AntonioBarbarian ist offline
    Well the Community Story Project is doing that, more or less, so it's in the works. But those are some cool ideas there, except maybe the monster part, I think just the voyage alone is enough to make the hero somewhat rusty in his abilities, plus the mainland creatures can always be stronger.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Neuling Avatar von Hrolf

Hrolf ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von AntonioBarbarian Beitrag anzeigen
    Well the Community Story Project is doing that, more or less, so it's in the works. But those are some cool ideas there, except maybe the monster part, I think just the voyage alone is enough to make the hero somewhat rusty in his abilities, plus the mainland creatures can always be stronger.
    I see, never checked that out nor have I played Gothic 3 with any mod. I refuse to play Gothic 3 unless something changes drastically about the combat system (I still have the hard copy of the game on my shelf). The last Mod I played was Gothic 2's L'hiver and I've been thinking about Requiem, also for G2.

Concerning the story, I believe a simple sea trip to the mainland wouldn't affect a top notch fighter to the point where it will turn him into a moderate or even beginner fighter. The hero set foot on the ship as a high ranked, highly experienced fighter with 6 dragons and Orc commanders on his trophy belt. If the sea creature is too much, one can find an alternative. We just need something consistent to nerf him drastically. Yea, the mainland creatures would have been part of the change. They would come in different shapes (e.g Juvenile, Female, Male, Alpha Scavenger and maybe even demon). Their sizes and textures would differ, the bigger the stronger.

I may photoshop some of the ranks I mentioned in the OP for a visual perspective.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Adventurer

AntonioBarbarian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Hrolf Beitrag anzeigen
    I see, never checked that out nor have I played Gothic 3 with any mod. I refuse to play Gothic 3 unless something changes drastically about the combat system (I still have the hard copy of the game on my shelf). The last Mod I played was Gothic 2's L'hiver and I've been thinking about Requiem, also for G2.
    Well curently for 3 theres the Quest Pack and the Content Mod, both combined actually make Gothic 3 a moderately good game, and the last Community Patch also makes combat somewhat bereable. Though the next version of the Update Pack (another mod) might restore the old lockpicking system, so if that can be done, I don't think fixing combat is impossible.

I can recommend Requiem, Vic7im is doing quite a job, though I'm a bit off put by all the non-Gothic content, but it's mostly fine.