Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 9 von 10 « Erste ... 25678910 Letzte »
Ergebnis 161 bis 180 von 192
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #161 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Fjodik ist offline
    One more thing to report if I may:
    - when speaking with Bosper about becoming his apprentice there is a text overlap, particularly when asking "What do you want me to do for you" and when selecting the "teach me how to skin animals 5LP"
    - learning animals skinning takes only 4LPs not 5LPs
    I have installed everything according to the instructions, no other mods used.....

2. Beiträge anzeigen #162 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sidonis Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey I looked through the changelog but couldn't find this anywhere - did you change when and who teaches you how to brew elixir of spirit (perm. mana potion)? Both Sagitta and Neoras don't have the option.

Happy new years eve!
    Yo, daddio. Sagitta and Neoras both teaches the stuff you want (Elixir of Magic) only if you have fulfilled the pre-requirements of knowing all previous three Mana potions, as it was in the vanilla. I changed nothing in that aspect.

For future reference, you may want to look things up on excellent Gothic II NotR database first for trainers and stuff.

Happy New Year!
    Geändert von Czudak (31.12.2018 um 20:54 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #163 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Fjodik Beitrag anzeigen
    One more thing to report if I may:
    - when speaking with Bosper about becoming his apprentice there is a text overlap, particularly when asking "What do you want me to do for you" and when selecting the "teach me how to skin animals 5LP"
    - learning animals skinning takes only 4LPs not 5LPs
    I have installed everything according to the instructions, no other mods used.....
    Howdy, boyo!

1. It's the same in several other places and I'm aware of that. I'm planning on tackling this issue with Agama Script Tools once the Union English is here (I don't know when that's going to happen, but this problem is a rather minor one).
    2. WAD (Works As Designed) because I changed LP values for all trophies. See the FAQ.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #164 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Fjodik ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Czudak Beitrag anzeigen
    Howdy, boyo!

1. It's the same in several other places and I'm aware of that. I'm planning on tackling this issue with Agama Script Tools once the Union English is here (I don't know when that's going to happen, but this problem is a rather minor one).
    2. WAD (Works As Designed) because I changed LP values for all trophies. See the FAQ.
    Thanks for a quick feedback, really appreciated.

EDIT: Would it be possible for future releases to adjust the values of LPs from dialogues to be consistent with the real LPs which are actually taken? It is rather minor issue, but requires to check FAQs all the time which may be annoying especially when Gothic does not like alt tabbing :-)
    Geändert von Fjodik (31.12.2018 um 21:16 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #165 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Fjodik Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks for a quick feedback, really appreciated.

EDIT: Would it be possible for future releases to adjust the values of LPs from dialogues to be consistent with the real LPs which are actually taken? It is rather minor issue, but requires to check FAQs all the time which may be annoying especially when Gothic does not like alt tabbing :-)
    [Insert a wicked response here, about trolling and shit, but realize it's not a way to do it, so don't post it in the end.]

Oh, alright. I will look into it. Cheers.

EDIT: It's actually the only case in the whole game where it doesn't retrieve the value from a variable to build a dialogue selection, and I forgot to update it to show the proper amount of LP needed (4 instead of 5). All other cases use the correct values as they are fetched from the variables.

I will correct this miscellaneous negligence in the next version. Thank you for reporting.
    Geändert von Czudak (31.12.2018 um 23:33 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #166 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Fjodik ist offline
    [Insert a wicked response here, about trolling and shit, but realize it's not a way to do it, so don't post it in the end.]

Oh, alright. I will look into it. Cheers.

EDIT: It's actually the only case in the whole game where it doesn't retrieve the value from a variable to build a dialogue selection, and I forgot to update it to show the proper amount of LP needed (4 instead of 5). All other cases use the correct values as they are fetched from the variables.

I will correct this miscellaneous negligence in the next version. Thank you for reporting.
    Thank you for feedback and Happy New Year everyone.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #167 Zitieren
    Rookie Avatar von Brynjar

Brynjar ist offline
    So, I discovered this through Spine, and since everyone speaks English here, and I'm REALLY confused (in my defense, useful information is all over the place), I would like to make some newbie questions.

Is there any "installation guide" but with Spine? I understand that it automatically patches the game to 2.6, but I can't find the PlayerKit on it.

Is the DX11 renderer incompatible with the patch, or just generally unstable/buggy?

And finally, any recommended mod? I was planning on playing the closest to vanilla, using Vurt's textures, but it seems they would conflict. There was the free aim fix, maybe I will give it a go, and there is the 4GB patch, but I don't know if I'm missing anything else.

Phew, that's a lot of questions and hand-holding, hope you are on a good mood.

PS: Hey, happy New Year!

8. Beiträge anzeigen #168 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Brynjar Beitrag anzeigen
    So, I discovered this through Spine, and since everyone speaks English here, and I'm REALLY confused (in my defense, useful information is all over the place), I would like to make some newbie questions.

Is there any "installation guide" but with Spine? I understand that it automatically patches the game to 2.6, but I can't find the PlayerKit on it.

Is the DX11 renderer incompatible with the patch, or just generally unstable/buggy?

And finally, any recommended mod? I was planning on playing the closest to vanilla, using Vurt's textures, but it seems they would conflict. There was the free aim fix, maybe I will give it a go, and there is the 4GB patch, but I don't know if I'm missing anything else.

Phew, that's a lot of questions and hand-holding, hope you are on a good mood.

PS: Hey, happy New Year!
    For a typical jiggaboo, you're at least self-conscious, so let me tell you this once what's what.

1. I can't tell you much about Spine as it's been ages since I used it. If you can't find PlayerKit anywhere inside the tool under a respective language setting matching your currently installed version, then install PlayerKit manually (use link from the YAUP's installation guide), because it will work that way too. Or ask in Spine's respective thread (the author will reply in English, if you would use English language). Or forget about Spine and install everything manually, because the task demands, like, 70 IQ to comprehend and follow.

2. DX11 renderer needs to download pre-configured/predefined/preset tesselation maps or similar shit in order to function, and the author created these using original Gothic II Gold's graphical assets, and since YAUP's grahpical assets are mostly different than the original ones, the maps might not match and you will experience loading errors and connected instant CTDs, invisible textures, and/or existential depression.

3. I recommend using YAUP without anything else. Free Aim isn't a fix, by the way, and I ain't tested it, so feel free to do that yourself, plus you don't need 4GB patch for YAUP at all if you're using SystemPack.

Cheerio.
    Geändert von Czudak (03.01.2019 um 13:28 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #169 Zitieren
    Rookie Avatar von Brynjar

Brynjar ist offline
    Great, I guess I'll install it all manually then. Thanks a lot!

10. Beiträge anzeigen #170 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Niko5511

Niko5511 ist offline
    Georg said that Gratt has finished work on Union. I really hope you can imrove Gothic 2 even more with it without destroying atmosphere. Keep up your good work!

11. Beiträge anzeigen #171 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Niko5511 Beitrag anzeigen
    Georg said that Gratt has finished work on Union. I really hope you can imrove Gothic 2 even more with it without destroying atmosphere. Keep up your good work!
    Nice! Can you point me to the thread/post/topic with that (preferably in English), so I could read up more? I know Gratt finished working on Union and is now waiting for some other dudes, but I could use external confirmation or extra details. Anything, really, because I would really love to learn it's really around the corner.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #172 Zitieren
    Neuling

razzimar ist offline

two handed weapons and smithing

is it possible to create two handed weapons (aside from joining the mercs)? like, as harad's apprentice

cheers

13. Beiträge anzeigen #173 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Niko5511

Niko5511 ist offline
    Its in Gothic 2: Outfaith forum. Trazege and Georg are talking about it in russian. Sorry i have not seen an englsish topic about it. And yes Grat is waiting for other guys to finish and release. Thats latest information i have.

https://rpgrussia.com/forums/gothic-2-outfaith.356/

14. Beiträge anzeigen #174 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von razzimar Beitrag anzeigen
    is it possible to create two handed weapons (aside from joining the mercs)? like, as harad's apprentice

cheers
    In YAUP it's the same as in vanilla.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #175 Zitieren
    Apprentice

YoungManRumble ist offline
    Hi, so I have been playing with this patch and I have found two bugs so far that I'm not sure if have already been reported.

1 - A bandit in Jharkendar named Edgor teaches you about bloodfly trophies, however after learning only one skill, (the secretion from blooflies) the dialogue about learning has disappeared.
    2 - The militia man in the VoM Engor that sells you the heavy militia armor is also wearing a heavy militia armor, when you buy the armor, he basically gives you his and leaves himself naked.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #176 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von YoungManRumble Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi, so I have been playing with this patch and I have found two bugs so far that I'm not sure if have already been reported.

1 - A bandit in Jharkendar named Edgor teaches you about bloodfly trophies, however after learning only one skill, (the secretion from blooflies) the dialogue about learning has disappeared.
    2 - The militia man in the VoM Engor that sells you the heavy militia armor is also wearing a heavy militia armor, when you buy the armor, he basically gives you his and leaves himself naked.
    1. The option disappeared because you already knew everything he could teach you about blood flies (wings, stinger, and now secretion). There is absolutely no possibility it disappeared only after learning one skill, because it requires three different variables to do that, so recheck this particular situation's premise, please.
    2. Haha. xD It seems I didn't change the option for this armor to "magically" appear in his inventory during the procedure of buying it only, independent of his merchandise, hence the bug.

Thanks for reporting. I will correct the bug with Engor, and will also check on the armor trading options with all other NPCs to prevent this mistake in the next release.
    Geändert von Czudak (16.01.2019 um 12:05 Uhr)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #177 Zitieren
    Rookie

Brain Chutney ist offline
    1. The option disappeared because you already knew everything he could teach you about blood flies (wings, stinger, and now secretion). There is absolutely no possibility it disappeared only after learning one skill, because it requires three different variables to do that, so recheck this particular situation's premise, please.
    2. Haha. xD It seems I didn't change the option for this armor to "magically" appear in his inventory during the procedure of buying it only, independent of his merchandise, hence the bug.

Thanks for reporting. I will correct the bug with Engor, and will also check on the armor trading options with all other NPCs to prevent this mistake in the next release.
    This same bug happened to me.
    Also, Canthar the merchant asks you to pay 100 gold to him if you knock him down. When you agree, he doesn't actually take any gold.
    Sliding and falling on slopes is completely munted. More times than I can count I have had to reload a save. Sometimes the character slides up, but mostly he just slides in a random direction and then gets stuck.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #178 Zitieren
    Apprentice

YoungManRumble ist offline
    That's the thing, I am playing a pure warrior type, only STR and 1H investments, the reason I had to learn the secretion was to prevent creating a poison potion for Fortuno's amnesia. I've never learned any trophy about bloodflies. Still, I had used Marvin to check some creatures protection values and it appears that after this or because I once inserted Rockerfeller and took control of him for a second to drop a lockpick, my character all of a sudden knows everything about trophies (except dragons). Mind you that the knowing all trophies started after the Rockerfeller use which was way later after the thing with Edgor. Regardless, if I replay the game, I will report you about Edgor.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #179 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Brain Chutney Beitrag anzeigen
    This same bug happened to me.
    Also, Canthar the merchant asks you to pay 100 gold to him if you knock him down. When you agree, he doesn't actually take any gold.
    Sliding and falling on slopes is completely munted. More times than I can count I have had to reload a save. Sometimes the character slides up, but mostly he just slides in a random direction and then gets stuck.
    Which bug was the same that happened to you? The one with Edgor (blood flies' trophies) or the one with Engor (the heavy militia armor in VoM)?

If the former and you used Marvin at any point, then we have a cause, because the script for him is foolproof otherwise, and I fail to see any other way how it could've happened.

If the latter, then I already fixed it for the next release.

Also, when and where the situation with Canthar took place? Was it in front of Lobart's farm, but before entering the city, while Canthar was still warming the bench? If yes, then I have no idea how did you select the option with giving him the needed amount of gold and it wasn't removed from your inventory. If in the city, then I have an idea why and how that could've occurred; I already provided the dialogue option with an extra variable so the merchant is always going to take the gold from your inventory, no matter what (if you have the required sum [100 pieces] in the first place, of course).

I had to check the meaning of "munt" word with the urbandictionary.com. Well, sliding and falling off them slopes is broken, indeed (that was the meaning, yes?). But that's the vanilla bug with the zEngine (detection of edges, body states, only one action at once in the interpreter, or other stuff that's in place because of how the engine was built by the original developers) and currently beyond my competences (plus I don't know if even with the upcoming scripting tools it's going to be possible to fix that; we will see).

Zitat Zitat von YoungManRumble Beitrag anzeigen
    That's the thing, I am playing a pure warrior type, only STR and 1H investments, the reason I had to learn the secretion was to prevent creating a poison potion for Fortuno's amnesia. I've never learned any trophy about bloodflies. Still, I had used Marvin to check some creatures protection values and it appears that after this or because I once inserted Rockerfeller and took control of him for a second to drop a lockpick, my character all of a sudden knows everything about trophies (except dragons). Mind you that the knowing all trophies started after the Rockerfeller use which was way later after the thing with Edgor. Regardless, if I replay the game, I will report you about Edgor.
    Ha. If you applied Marvin mode, then small wonder it crapped out, even with the three different variables in place and the strict IF kind of dialogue script. Yes, it would be nice of you to report does the bug still transpire, if you would replay the game in the future, please. Thanks!

20. Beiträge anzeigen #180 Zitieren
    Rookie

Brain Chutney ist offline
    Which bug was the same that happened to you? The one with Edgor (blood flies' trophies) or the one with Engor (the heavy militia armor in VoM)?

If the former and you used Marvin at any point, then we have a cause, because the script for him is foolproof otherwise, and I fail to see any other way how it could've happened.

If the latter, then I already fixed it for the next release.

Also, when and where the situation with Canthar took place? Was it in front of Lobart's farm, but before entering the city, while Canthar was still warming the bench? If yes, then I have no idea how did you select the option with giving him the needed amount of gold and it wasn't removed from your inventory. If in the city, then I have an idea why and how that could've occurred; I already provided the dialogue option with an extra variable so the merchant is always going to take the gold from your inventory, no matter what (if you have the required sum [100 pieces] in the first place, of course).

I had to check the meaning of "munt" word with the urbandictionary.com. Well, sliding and falling off them slopes is broken, indeed (that was the meaning, yes?). But that's the vanilla bug with the zEngine (detection of edges, body states, only one action at once in the interpreter, or other stuff that's in place because of how the engine was built by the original developers) and currently beyond my competences (plus I don't know if even with the upcoming scripting tools it's going to be possible to fix that; we will see).

Ha. If you applied Marvin mode, then small wonder it crapped out, even with the three different variables in place and the strict IF kind of dialogue script. Yes, it would be nice of you to report does the bug still transpire, if you would replay the game in the future, please. Thanks!
    The bug I was referring to was the Blood Flies' trophies. I hadn't learned any, yet upon selecting "Learn to extract secretion" I could no longer learn anything from him.
    Yes, the Canthar bug occurs while he is warming the bench. If I trade with him, he unequipped his weapons. If I draw my sword, he will re-equip his sword. However, if I ready a fireball in front of him, he gets up and "draws" his weapon (only fists in this case) as he for some reason doesn't re-equip his weapon in response to magic. I used this opportunity to sock him one, because he's an ass, and afterwards was when the bug occurred of not taking the gold from my inventory. I replicated this three times.
    As for the sliding physics, I have played over 100 hours and completed the game using your mod (without EVER using Marvin-Mode) and sliding seems more broken compared to vanilla and L'Hiver.

I do also want to add that I love the mod and thoroughly enjoyed my play-through with it. Thanks for your good work. I did not find many bugs (that I can remember anyway) besides what I've already mentioned. Also, I unpacked the mod, removed your textures, and repacked it so I could use it alongside D3D11 renderer. After adding crash fixes and the 4gb patch I never had a SINGLE crash in over 25 hours (using quicksaves also.) Every texture pack I could find also worked flawlessly.
    Besides that, I think the mod is very well balanced. The game never became boringly easy, but I never felt too weak either. The one major flaw was that the Claw of Beliar still seems to remain overpowered, even at lower levels. I had many occurrences where the extra damage procced MULTIPLE times on one strike, sometimes insta-killing a strong enemy. It seemed to occur more when there were multiple enemies nearby.
    Eventually I will go back to my save and try to remember any more specifics and bugs that you might find helpful as feedback. Again, thanks for the mod.

Seite 9 von 10 « Erste ... 25678910 Letzte »