Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 34 von 34 « Erste ... 23273031323334
Ergebnis 661 bis 675 von 675
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #661 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Yo-yo. A "mess up" has happened. Get the 2.6.5.1 version as soon as you can and install over 2.6.5, since a critical error in the Chapter 5 is bound to happen. You're already in that Chapter? Find a save from the previous one or earlier. As a booster, the mass heating at forges has been included, so you no longer have to run through the animation, placing billets one after another for 10 minutes. Howgh.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #662 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    The new version is up. Nothing critical, mostly minor inconveniences patched up and the (un)installer now covering all (un)installing options for real. No compatibility with the saves made on the previous versions, like usually, hehe.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #663 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Zhadoom ist offline

Marvin Fix for mod

Since the mod disabled marvin mode for dumb reasons, here is a fix for the mod to reenable the mode (dm for password):
    Send Big

regards,
    the goat

4. Beiträge anzeigen #664 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Zhadoom ist offline

marvin fix update

Since the marvin patch has been downloaded more than 15 times (which is the free limit of send big) pls dm me again if any other players want the fix. It's been a pleasure to accommodate the player needs and people prefer to play the way they wanna play :P

regards,
    still the goat

5. Beiträge anzeigen #665 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Milgo

Milgo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zhadoom Beitrag anzeigen
    Since the marvin patch has been downloaded more than 15 times (which is the free limit of send big) pls dm me again if any other players want the fix. It's been a pleasure to accommodate the player needs and people prefer to play the way they wanna play :P

regards,
    still the goat
    Why did you upload your fix/addon onto a plattform with download limit and a secret password that you only share after a PM? That is kind of sketchy.

Why don't you use the World of Players upload without any password?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #666 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Zhadoom ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Milgo Beitrag anzeigen
    Why did you upload your fix/addon onto a plattform with download limit and a secret password that you only share after a PM? That is kind of sketchy.

Why don't you use the World of Players upload without any password?
    Pretty simple, the author doesn't want marvin mode to be available in a 20y+ old single player game for unknown (probably inane) reasons, thus I don't want to share it publicly to prevent a cat/mouse game of code obfuscation.

I just wrote it for myself at first and since I struck a nerve reporting bugs so much that it apparently warrants a ban I figured to post it publicly.

regards,
    the goat supreme

7. Beiträge anzeigen #667 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Milgo

Milgo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zhadoom Beitrag anzeigen
    Pretty simple, the author doesn't want marvin mode to be available in a 20y+ old single player game for unknown (probably inane) reasons, thus I don't want to share it publicly to prevent a cat/mouse game of code obfuscation.

I just wrote it for myself at first and since I struck a nerve reporting bugs so much that it apparently warrants a ban I figured to post it publicly.

regards,
    the goat supreme
    Every modification creator must permit others to take their work and make changes to it (according to the modification license of Piranha Bytes). So why don't we act like adults and the creators accept your changes for those who want to use them and you share your patch for everyone who wants to use it? If there are any future updates for the modification the creator team could still try to sabotage your patch.

If you share your fix just via private messages you could also spread malware - a public release is much safer and more comfortable for everyone who wants to use it.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #668 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Zhadoom ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Milgo Beitrag anzeigen
    Every modification creator must permit others to take their work and make changes to it (according to the modification license of Piranha Bytes). So why don't we act like adults and the creators accept your changes for those who want to use them and you share your patch for everyone who wants to use it? If there are any future updates for the modification the creator team could still try to sabotage your patch.

If you share your fix just via private messages you could also spread malware - a public release is much safer and more comfortable for everyone who wants to use it.
    I did try to act like an adult. I reported bugs several years ago and now as well but apparently something has changed and you get called the n-word/f-word/r-word or other creative insults for reporting bugs in discord. Not knowing how I changed the code (especially since I completely circumvent the vdfs and .dll blocking he is doing atm) helps in not bothering me to update this in the future. Yes I could send malware technically but why would I do that lmao. There are other ways to get malware faster and secure on devices than a fix for a mod of a 20y+ old game. Like I said this was actually never intended to be public but a workaround for me ( since it's very common to get bugged out in this game and marvin mode is a quick helper in that regards), but apparently marvin mode is only for suckers according to the author who don't play the game they way they are meant to be played... so I made it public only for those suckers only, why would he want the fix if he doesn't use marvin mode /s

regards,
    goatheosis

9. Beiträge anzeigen #669 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    A message for everyone trying to use the "Marvin fix": the script file was online scanned and Virus Total alone gave 10 warnings, then that thing demanded a full Java installation that's known to have numerous security issues upon itself, and it then messed up almost all fixes from the mod's custom plugins and patches, effectively disabling several things that should be there, reverting the mod several versions back [v2.5 or so], and giving the end user a catastrophe on delay.

Avoid using that crap at all costs. If you really want cheats enabled by default, then you would have to wait for version 2.7 [later this year], where they will be reenabled. For now, version 2.6.X has disabled the cheat console.

Czudak, over and out.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #670 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Zhadoom ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Czudak Beitrag anzeigen
    A message for everyone trying to use the "Marvin fix": the script file was online scanned and Virus Total alone gave 10 warnings, then that thing demanded a full Java installation that's known to have numerous security issues upon itself, and it then messed up almost all fixes from the mod's custom plugins and patches, effectively disabling several things that should be there, reverting the mod several versions back [v2.5 or so], and giving the end user a catastrophe on delay.
    Avoid using that crap at all costs. If you really want cheats enabled by default, then you would have to wait for version 2.7 [later this year], where they will be reenabled. For now, version 2.6.X has disabled the cheat console.
    Czudak, over and out.
    See this is how you can tell someone is making up bs. it's not a script file. It doesn't even utilize java. You can't scan it unless you have it which you don't and it's more than 1 file and

I got literal proof unlike you the only scanner who apparently doesn't like groovy based injection is some unknown no one cares bout. I have no need to lie unlike you. Nice try though. maybe go fix your mod instead of playing social media - you suck at it

regards,
    the goatalicious
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=b4b6743f01d40dbd3539fb9f33cd4968&attachmentid=52659&d=1686015131&thumb=1]
    https://i.imgur.com/v87xgvu.png

11. Beiträge anzeigen #671 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Milgo

Milgo ist offline
    I recommend everybody to scan files online that you may receive from any stranger from the Internet before downloading thoese files, e.g. with VirusTotal. /
    Ich empfehle jedem Dateien die man von irgendwelchen Fremden aus dem Internet erfährt diese vor dem Download online auf Viren zu scannen, z.B. mith VirusTotal.

Also I must emphasize that this discussion is completely unnecessary and could have easily been avoided if the marvin mode hadn't been disabled in the first place by the creators.

And I don't think offensive attacks are needed in any way. Please stay calm and objective. Seriously.

12. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #672 Zitieren
    Der Schläfer erwache  Avatar von Sternchenfarbe

Sternchenfarbe ist offline
    I totally agree with Milgo, please calm down

13. Beiträge anzeigen #673 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    The v2.6.7 is up. Improved the block/dodge recognition in all cases (for both versions) and many, many fixes for internal development bugs, plus a dose of regular content polishing.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #674 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    The version of 2.6.8 fashion was released. A swell New Year too, hehe.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #675 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    The v2.6.8.1 fixes the issue with the ship, captain, and crew. Saves are compatible if that's the only issue; otherwise, it's better to start the new game.

Seite 34 von 34 « Erste ... 23273031323334