Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 20 von 34 « Erste ... 9131617181920212223242731 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 381 bis 400 von 675
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #381 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline

I already did all that.

Zitat Zitat von Czudak Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey, bro. Did you follow the new installation guide, with the obligatory Union Gothic Game Patch AND Union v1.0e? Because that should be addressing the issue with high and ultra high resolutions already. If yes, and the graphic glitches and crashes still happens, could ask the original authors about the problem, since you know Russian language, please? The forum for Union (and SystemPack v1.8 as well) is here: https://worldofplayers.ru/threads/40376/

Someone also mentioned that disabling G-Sync for Gothic2.exe helps with the inability to launch the game and random CTDs.
    Yeah my man, i already did all that, still happens.
    I followed the installation guide to the letter, installed everything as mentioned.
    Geändert von CrashMorraKan (18.11.2019 um 06:44 Uhr) Grund: Missed. Few words.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #382 Zitieren
    Neuling

ilberg ist offline
    Although my last post hasn't been addressed yet I have more issues to report.

21) I can't open chest in lighthouse. It should open after RLRR sequence, but it wants another move and both options are wrong.
    22) Morgan talks about Angus and Hank that they were killed by bandits, however in subtitle there is that they were killed by pirates.
    23) What is the deal with fake water armor in Baltram's merchandise?
    24) Various NPCs reacts to me wearing crawler armor.
    25) Armored zombies should yield more exp than unarmored ones.
    Geändert von ilberg (19.11.2019 um 21:21 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #383 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von ilberg Beitrag anzeigen

21) I can't open chest in lighthouse. It should open after RLRR sequence, but it wants another move and both options are wrong.
    22) Morgan talks about Angus and Hank that they were killed by bandits, however in subtitle there is that they were killed by pirates.
    Hey, bro/sis.

I will return to your comments once I will have more free time, so I could apply corrections right away; otherwise I might reply and forget, and release next version NOT improved accordingly using your useful feedback.

So, have no fear, I will give you a reply soon. In the meantime, keep the feedback coming, please!
    Geändert von Czudak (20.11.2019 um 14:26 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #384 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von CrashMorraKan Beitrag anzeigen
    Yeah my man, i already did all that, still happens.
    I followed the installation guide to the letter, installed everything as mentioned.
    Hmm, read posts #206, #207, #210, and #212. It seems you have had this problem in the past and the solution proposed there worked for you back then.

Also, try first that DGVoodoo 2 wrapper from the first post, please.
    Geändert von Czudak (20.11.2019 um 14:59 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #385 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Xardas bs Beitrag anzeigen
    Does that mean a new and clean install for the YAUP aswell and starting a new game or can i use old saves?
    Hey! Sorry for the late answer. No, you don't have to reinstall the whole Gothic 2 Gold. Just uninstall the other Union v1.0x packages and install v1.0b.

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #386 Zitieren

Hey, bro/sis.

I will return to your comments once I will have more free time, so I could apply corrections right away; otherwise I might reply and forget, and release next version NOT improved accordingly using your useful feedback.

So, have no fear, I will give you a reply soon. In the meantime, keep the feedback coming, please!
    Hmm, read posts #206, #207, #210, and #212. It seems you have had this problem in the past and the solution proposed there worked for you back then.

Also, try first that DGVoodoo 2 wrapper from the first post, please.
    meantime, keep the feedback coming, please!
    Okay, thanks man, i thought you resolved this issue long time ago.😵

7. Beiträge anzeigen #387 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Played newest version for about 33 hours, I've found these issues:
    1) Quest Alrik's sword is still not in questlog.
    2) I have no idea what is purpose of that tent behind stone circle near Lobart's farm. Is this another method how to get a pan?
    3) I could give Coragon Valentino's ring, although he told me about beating him several days later, when I've already given him the ring.
    4) There might be some issue with Erol's dialogue at his hut. I couldn't record what exactly though.
    5) Cord's quest (Good Fighter) isn't always completed in questlog, depending on what I ask, either joining or training, should be for both of course.
    6) There is still that issue with Bromor's dialogue I've already written about.
    7) Wolves are chasing scavengers behind field between Sekob's and Onar's farm
    8) When I give Rangar third beer he repeats line from second beer
    9) Is there a way how to get rid of items permanently? (clubs, rusty swords, spent torches, etc.)
    10) How exactly does merchant replenishing stock (at new chapter) work? And it is correctly implemented?
    11) In Dexter's written dialogue there is one line occuring twice. In second case he says something slightly different (line about wanted posters)
    12) One of minecrawlers in hidden cave (test of fire) got himself misplaced. When I returned it corrected itself
    13) Bridge near black troll has a step so it is impossible to walk across (I had to jump over that step).
    14) When I entered Valley of Mines there was no cutscene, instead there was complete darkness, but I could normally enter inventory, see my healthbar, draw my weapon. Curiously there was Diego's satchel and one goblin berry that I could pick up.
    15) Torches don't work.
    So I've reinstalled the whole thing and it works. I suspected it might be something like that after I noticed that thing with torch.

1) If I understand that correctly in order to Alrik's sword appear in questlog I have to fight him first when he has only club, even though quest works properly without doing that.
    4) It went really fast, and I had no close saved game. It was some discrepancy between spoken and written dialogue line about Erol' relationship with mercenaries.
    6) After questioning Bromor about Lucia and his golden dish he ends this by remark "And how's that any business of yours?". Then he says "Do you want to have fun or not?", returning back into role of brothel owner offering again his services. However written line in subtitle is "Are you trying to make fun of me?", suggesting that Bromor is unhappy with prospects of being mocked. This is big difference in meaning.
    8) No in original NOTR he is saying how happy he is that I gave him free beer and that I am decent fellow.
    Now he is repeating information about orcs.
    9) BTW I don't like that orc weapons are now worthless.
    10) I found out that Fenia's stock that she gets after Nagur's deal disappears after second chapter transition. Halvor has 13 herrings in 1. chapter and 15 in second irregardless I buy them in first chapter or not. Rupert's stock also looks suspect.

16) Stone golems in cave near pyramids now can be killed when they are not assemblied. This makes them very easy to kill and very easy to get that ring in chest.
    17) I've managed to get stuck in Cornelius' bookstand.
    18) Wolves that appear in second chapter near Lobart's farm fight with farmers.
    19) Shouldn't key to Jharkendar disappear from inventory. It seems to me that I put that in that hole and left it there.
    20) It is somewhat confusing that dragon attack cutscene doesn't play immediately after stepping into Valley of Mines.

1. It's all OK, trust me. First, you need to defeat him when he has a club. Second, you need to challenge him again. Third, only then you get a New Log Entry about his quest for the sword, when he rejects to fight with you with a club. [DONE]
    2. All OK. [DONE]
    3. Fixed in v2.5. [DONE]
    4. Fixed in v2.5. [DONE]
    5. Needs fixing.
    6. Fixed in v2.5. [DONE]
    7/18. Needs fixing [by finding new waypoints for them pups].
    8. It only happens if the orc scout wasn't slain yet, so the player would know if it's still there. And since the player didn't slay it yet or didn't hear about its demise, it's only logical to ask for it and receive the information. [DONE]
    9. No one needs brittle, bulky, and black iron orc weapons, so they are worthless. You can't even smelt them back into ignots. [DONE]
    10. It's all OK, trust me. Many foodstuffs disappear during the current Chapter transition to simulate people actually buying this shit to eat it, so you buy the foodstuffs you see before the next Chapter. Fenia is the most glaring example about putting a *stolen* food into circulation as quickly as possible so it disappears between the Chapters. Some merchants replenish their stock if they don't have enough of certain items (like Rupert and milk and cheese, smoked herrings with Halvor, or arrows and bolts with the fletchers, lockpicks with Gosford the gardener, and many other items with other traders), some will keep some items in their merchandise until the Chapter 6, some will sell or discard the items you just sold to them right away. Matteo and Canthar don't get rid of tools at all, and you can always buy any you sold to them back. Every merchant will sell furs, pelts, and alike upon the current Chapter transition. It's all varied. I really don't want to write a list, because it would take at least two hours. Though, there are hints in the changelog. [DONE]
    11. Fixed in v2.5. [DONE]
    12. Needs code'n'engine fixing. Reload a saved game or go away, so it would have to respawn again in a fixed waypoint (like you did). [DONE]
    13. Maybe later, if someone would do that for me. [DONE]
    14. All OK. [DONE]
    15. All OK. [DONE]
    16. The player could always destroy unassembled stone golems in the original game, and the devs didn't change it because that would require to write a lengthy script to avoid shenanigans that might transpire upon (re)loading a saved game. The same reason they didn't write a script for torches, speed tonics, the Light spell, and so on: they would have to add a special "just-in-time" comparison class to the code (that could involve restructuring all of it), then write the respective scripts for each instance, and all that would take much time for a little gain. They added that in Risens, but removed again in Elex. So much for consistency. [DONE]
    17. Nothing I can do about it (engine). Stuff like the objects' boundaries swallowing the player happens all the time. Just reload a saved game. Or use cheat keys to get "unswallowed". That being said Constantino's bookstand isn't a slyly crafted trap to lure and catch unaware adventurers. [DONE]
    19. I treated it like a regular key (stay in the inventory even once used and no longer needed). You activate the portal with it and that's it; but you take it, as it might come in handy once on the other side. Plus, it's a nice souvenir. [DONE]
    20. That would require messing with trigger lines inside the VoM's .ZEN file and I don't want to do that. [DONE]
    21. The chest was bugged in the original game and wasn't locked at all. I gave it a more complicated lock but bugged it myself, hehe. Fixed in v2.5. [DONE]
    22. Fixed in v2.5. [DONE]
    23. It's because of the Union. Any merchant will always keep an armor the player sold to them (that's true for any armor, all the time, across the Chapters). And the mentioned piece of the fake armor is for Baltram for the meeting at Orlan. Fixed in v2.5. [DONE]
    24. This armor is considered a merc armor, so if the player is a novice/mage or a militiaman/knight/paladin, they are considered "not in the uniform" while wearing the armor crafted by Wolf. [DONE]
    25. Fixed in v2.5. [DONE]

Also, them happy Russkies released the new version of 2.4 number of their unofficial patch. It's time to incorporate it into YAUP.

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #388 Zitieren

1. It's all OK, trust me. First, you need to defeat him when he has a club. Second, you need to challenge him again. Third, only then you get a New Log Entry about his quest for the sword, when he rejects to fight with you with a club. [DONE]
    2. All OK. [DONE]
    3. Fixed in v2.5. [DONE]
    4. Fixed in v2.5. [DONE]
    5. Needs fixing.
    6. Fixed in v2.5. [DONE]
    7/18. Needs fixing [by finding new waypoints for them pups].
    8. It only happens if the orc scout wasn't slain yet, so the player would know if it's still there. And since the player didn't slay it yet or didn't hear about its demise, it's only logical to ask for it and receive the information. [DONE]
    9. No one needs brittle, bulky, and black iron orc weapons, so they are worthless. You can't even smelt them back into ignots. [DONE]
    10. It's all OK, trust me. Many foodstuffs disappear during the current Chapter transition to simulate people actually buying this shit to eat it, so you buy the foodstuffs you see before the next Chapter. Fenia is the most glaring example about putting a *stolen* food into circulation as quickly as possible so it disappears between the Chapters. Some merchants replenish their stock if they don't have enough of certain items (like Rupert and milk and cheese, smoked herrings with Halvor, or arrows and bolts with the fletchers, lockpicks with Gosford the gardener, and many other items with other traders), some will keep some items in their merchandise until the Chapter 6, some will sell or discard the items you just sold to them right away. Matteo and Canthar don't get rid of tools at all, and you can always buy any you sold to them back. Every merchant will sell furs, pelts, and alike upon the current Chapter transition. It's all varied. I really don't want to write a list, because it would take at least two hours. Though, there are hints in the changelog. [DONE]
    11. Fixed in v2.5. [DONE]
    12. Needs code'n'engine fixing. Reload a saved game or go away, so it would have to respawn again in a fixed waypoint (like you did). [DONE]
    13. Maybe later, if someone would do that for me. [DONE]
    14. All OK. [DONE]
    15. All OK. [DONE]
    16. The player could always destroy unassembled stone golems in the original game, and the devs didn't change it because that would require to write a lengthy script to avoid shenanigans that might transpire upon (re)loading a saved game. The same reason they didn't write a script for torches, speed tonics, the Light spell, and so on: they would have to add a special "just-in-time" comparison class to the code (that could involve restructuring all of it), then write the respective scripts for each instance, and all that would take much time for a little gain. They added that in Risens, but removed again in Elex. So much for consistency. [DONE]
    17. Nothing I can do about it (engine). Stuff like the objects' boundaries swallowing the player happens all the time. Just reload a saved game. Or use cheat keys to get "unswallowed". That being said Constantino's bookstand isn't a slyly crafted trap to lure and catch unaware adventurers. [DONE]
    19. I treated it like a regular key (stay in the inventory even once used and no longer needed). You activate the portal with it and that's it; but you take it, as it might come in handy once on the other side. Plus, it's a nice souvenir. [DONE]
    20. That would require messing with trigger lines inside the VoM's .ZEN file and I don't want to do that. [DONE]
    21. The chest was bugged in the original game and wasn't locked at all. I gave it a more complicated lock but bugged it myself, hehe. Fixed in v2.5. [DONE]
    22. Fixed in v2.5. [DONE]
    23. It's because of the Union. Any merchant will always keep an armor the player sold to them (that's true for any armor, all the time, across the Chapters). And the mentioned piece of the fake armor is for Baltram for the meeting at Orlan. Fixed in v2.5. [DONE]
    24. This armor is considered a merc armor, so if the player is a novice/mage or a militiaman/knight/paladin, they are considered "not in the uniform" while wearing the armor crafted by Wolf. [DONE]
    25. Fixed in v2.5. [DONE]

Also, them happy Russkies released the new version of 2.4 number of their unofficial patch. It's time to incorporate it into YAUP.
    when 2.5 comes out?! can't wait ^_- ready to play! i installed 2.4 (works fine, but this graphic issue) seen the the small bugs, can't wait!

9. Beiträge anzeigen #389 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    when 2.5 comes out?! can't wait ^_- ready to play! i installed 2.4 (works fine, but this graphic issue) seen the the small bugs, can't wait!
    Hey! Thanks for the support, my main human! I won't release v2.5 in this year. I still want to add that trait/perk system, plus I need to incorporate the newest iteration of unofficial patch from that other group, plus I need to replay the game myself to locate and squish those minor bugs, inconsistencies, discrepancies, and imbalances that I can't see from editing scripts alone. Additionally, I need to take some new screenshots for new Chapter transition graphics (and some extras for three loading screens). Also, I need to create a new texture for skies in Jarkhendar and [probably] in Valley of Mines (if you're going to record it anytime soon, please tell me, so I could supply you with the better stuff for that ASAP; I kinda don't want people to see that ugliness, hehe). Finally, I tested a quickloot system plugin from a new source and it's extra awesome, so it's going to be found in v2.5 as well.

I still don't know why you have that graphic problem. Maybe it's connected to your recording software? Maybe if you could tinker with its options or maybe nVidia's control panel?

Or maybe one of Windows 10's updates decided you're not allowed to have some fun with the game? xD I will investigate this thoroughly once I'm on holiday break (within the next two weeks).
    Geändert von Czudak (01.12.2019 um 09:31 Uhr)

10. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #390 Zitieren

Thanks for letting me know!

Hey! Thanks for the support, my main human! I won't release v2.5 in this year. I still want to add that trait/perk system, plus I need to incorporate the newest iteration of unofficial patch from that other group, plus I need to replay the game myself to locate and squish those minor bugs, inconsistencies, discrepancies, and imbalances that I can't see from editing scripts alone. Additionally, I need to take some new screenshots for new Chapter transition graphics (and some extras for three loading screens). Also, I need to create a new texture for skies in Jarkhendar and [probably] in Valley of Mines (if you're going to record it anytime soon, please tell me, so I could supply you with the better stuff for that ASAP; I kinda don't want people to see that ugliness, hehe). Finally, I tested a quickloot system plugin from a new source and it's extra awesome, so it's going to be found in v2.5 as well.

I still don't know why you have that graphic problem. Maybe it's connected to your recording software? Maybe if you could tinker with its options or maybe nVidia's control panel?

Or maybe one of Windows 10's updates decided you're not allowed to have some fun with the game? xD I will investigate this thoroughly once I'm on holiday break (within the next two weeks).
    Hello my friend, and thank you for letting me know.
    It's good to hear from you! Now, don't hurry, take your time to fix and implement everything that you need to deliver the best experience possible, I'll wait.
    At least i know when it's coming so i have time to record something else in the mean time.
    I finished uploading the last footage i had with yaup 2.0 so check it out if you have the time, i challenged an elite orc at lvl 18 if i remember correctly, and guess the outcome? I won't spoil, so check it out haha.
    Also i uploaded a Transformation of my body video so give it also a shot.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #391 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Hello my friend, and thank you for letting me know.
    It's good to hear from you! Now, don't hurry, take your time to fix and implement everything that you need to deliver the best experience possible, I'll wait.
    At least i know when it's coming so i have time to record something else in the mean time.
    I finished uploading the last footage i had with yaup 2.0 so check it out if you have the time, i challenged an elite orc at lvl 18 if i remember correctly, and guess the outcome? I won't spoil, so check it out haha.
    Also i uploaded a Transformation of my body video so give it also a shot.
    Thanks for the update about playthrough for YAUP! I will check out the videos during my holiday break, along with the method of fixing the graphical issue you have.

And I already know the painful outcome. xD
    Geändert von Czudak (06.12.2019 um 10:48 Uhr)

12. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #392 Zitieren

Thanks for the update about playthrough for YAUP! I will check out the videos during my holiday break, along with the method of fixing the graphical issue you have.

And I already know the painful outcome. xD
    hehe you will have to find out

13. Beiträge anzeigen #393 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Xardas bs

Xardas bs ist offline
    I think I found a bug. I cant buy ore blade from Harad as a paladin. There is no dialog option, only option is "END". I spoke to Harad about it when i was still a militia and he gave a regular blabla that i am not a paladin and so on. From changelog i read that you could only ask it once as a non-paladin but the thing is that now i can't ask it anymore once i have become a paladin. Or am i missing something? I have the Eye of Innos and i am about to go dragon hunting. I think at least by vanilla i should be able to buy it from Harad.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #394 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Xardas bs Beitrag anzeigen
    I think I found a bug. I cant buy ore blade from Harad as a paladin. There is no dialog option, only option is "END". I spoke to Harad about it when i was still a militia and he gave a regular blabla that i am not a paladin and so on. From changelog i read that you could only ask it once as a non-paladin but the thing is that now i can't ask it anymore once i have become a paladin. Or am i missing something? I have the Eye of Innos and i am about to go dragon hunting. I think at least by vanilla i should be able to buy it from Harad.
    Oh, snap. I committed a coding mistake.

You're a new type of a paladin: the one who can't hold a holy sword, haha. I fixed this for v2.5. You can safely spawn yourself a magic blade you want with insert ItMw_1H_Blessed_01 (one-handed) or insert ItMw_2H_Blessed_01 (two-handed). Just enable MARVIN, get the sword, save, then restart the game, and there will be no issues.

Sorry for that. I edited it for v2.4 and the syntax went all wrong. xD

Screw that, I will better remove the check altogether.

If you would wait, I shall release updated scripts tomorrow.
    Geändert von Czudak (08.12.2019 um 21:16 Uhr)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #395 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline

It's for realsies.

Okay. For everyone interested, this is the download link at ModDb for the fix for the inability to buy the designated magic ore sword as knight or paladin.

Just drop the .VDF file from the unpacked archive to X:\Your Gothic II NotR/Gold Installation\Data\ directory and launch as usual.

Cheers.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #396 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Xardas bs

Xardas bs ist offline
    Okay. For everyone interested, this is the download link at ModDb for the fix for the inability to buy the designated magic ore sword as knight or paladin.

Just drop the .VDF file from the unpacked archive to X:\Your Gothic II NotR/Gold Installation\Data\ directory and launch as usual.

Cheers.
    Thanks man

17. Beiträge anzeigen #397 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    I prepared the final list of the "quirks", which will be purely optional, and the player will be able to select one or none only during the very first conversation with Xardas. Additionally, each "quirk" will have some explanation behind it, and each is based on a classic RPG "archetype". The "quirks" are:

- Grunt ("Warrior" archetype): 13 Health per level but only 9 LPs per level
    - Scalawag ("Thief" archetype): demands 1 more LP for each trophy and 10 more LP for Acrobatics, but gets 15% more gold from pickpocketing (plus the general pickpocketing rewards, in gold coins, were increased slightly as well)
    - Infuser ("Mage" archetype): can brew improved healing and Mana potions (by 33% in every aspect), but can't learn brewing Elixirs of Brawn, Agility, and Life.
    - Forager ("Ranger" archetype): can get raw meat from reptiles, raw meat from trolls, and raw insect flesh from field raiders and all mine crawlers, and more raw meat from some other creatures, but needs x1.65 as much gold to pray at Statues of Innos (excludes fixed prices for blessing weapons)
    - Thug ("Bandit" archetype): +15 to all protections, but most potions replenish less by 50%, including those applied with the hot keys, and also caps the "Medicine of Pure Life" and "Draft of Pure Mana to 350 Health/Mana replenishment

The selected "quirk" will be visible in the character's sheet.

==============================================

I also prepared six new foodstuffs that will be available with Lucy, who gained a new occupation of a shrewd businesswoman; she redistributes and sells grub made together with other ladies in the Harbor district for a small fee. The player will have to bring the ingredients, though. Them victuals:

1. Stag/Doe Salad:
    - 10 Rosehip/Sloe Berries + 1 Honey = 1 Stag/Doe Salad
    - 61 Health <61 gold> / 17 Health and 33 Mana <100 gold>
    - "There's a hint of chopped mint in the bowl."
    - Redistributed by Lucy for 12 gold (both)

2. Mouse Pie:
    - 1 Bread + 1 Sausage + 1 Cheese = 1 Mouse Pie
    - 40 Health (plus 1% of maximum Health) <40 gold>
    - "It's gooey, juicy, and crusty alike."
    - Redistributed by Lucy for 8 gold

This one provides the usual "fried" bonus of maximum Health replenishment for being the only one comestible that's technically "fried" (as in "baked/grilled").

3. Dove Tea:
    - 1 Healing Herb + 1 Milk + 1 Wine = 1 Dove Tea
    - 28 Health and 7 Mana <42 gold>
    - "This cup is full of eccentric flavor."
    - The final product is non-alcoholic
    - Redistributed by Lucy for 8 gold

4. Iguana Potage:
    - 1 Ham + 2 Fried Meats + 1 Grog = 1 Iguana Potage
    - 54 Health <54 gold>
    - "The secret dish of wealthier peasantry."
    - The final product is non-alcoholic
    - Redistributed by Lucy for 11 gold

Since "Grog" is somewhat rare before Jarkhendar, this one isn't going to become readily available until the Chapter 2.

5. Shark Chowder:
    - 3 Fried Fish + 1 Fried Clam Meat + 1 Water = 1 Shark Chowder
    - 96 Health <96 gold>
    - "Get out the water if you can't stand the teeth."
    - Redistributed by Lucy for 19 gold

The "Raw Clam Meat" (that can be converted into the fried version on a pan/stove) is quite rare to obtain over the Chapters, so from v2.5 on the clams will have a ~50% chance to supply with one upon opening.

As one can quickly notice, the naming pattern is obvious. Additionally, this system was thought to not eclipse other Health replenishing items completely, hence the limited amount one can obtain daily (of course, one can sleep between the days, but that's still a fairly tedious "activity" to do in order to acquire 10 "Shark Chowders").
    Geändert von Czudak (11.01.2020 um 18:57 Uhr)

18. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #398 Zitieren

reporting in

okay, so my man, i disabled the SLI option in nvidia and the game no longer flickers. god god god. so now it's working on a single card and not two. borderlands 3 does take advantage of this although stutters some times but the frame rate is higher with the same graphic settings. with single card i get fps dips because the card probably can't drive all that resolution and graphic alone, but i don't hiccups, only fps drops.
    i want to thank you personally for including/providing new textures for the game, i really dig them, they blend in nicely, i appreciate! and of course the new hand animations i really like it! it spice things a little bit and gives me a feeling of the old gothic 1 nostalgia. gothic 1 had WAY more hand animations.
    so the game works great now, still fps drops my 1080 TI can't drive a game from 2002 Haha cause i maxed the graphic settings. but my cards stay above 60 fps in far cry 5 fully maxed.

i not really feelin the new perks since they also do nerf and halve you, but the food recipes i really dig! it's a nice add on and nifty feature.
    and i can see that your english is incredible, you know words i never would of have thought! those names with the food recipes is just killin it!

19. Beiträge anzeigen #399 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline

Cashing out.

okay, so my man, i disabled the SLI option in nvidia and the game no longer flickers. god god god. so now it's working on a single card and not two. borderlands 3 does take advantage of this although stutters some times but the frame rate is higher with the same graphic settings. with single card i get fps dips because the card probably can't drive all that resolution and graphic alone, but i don't hiccups, only fps drops.
    i want to thank you personally for including/providing new textures for the game, i really dig them, they blend in nicely, i appreciate! and of course the new hand animations i really like it! it spice things a little bit and gives me a feeling of the old gothic 1 nostalgia. gothic 1 had WAY more hand animations.
    so the game works great now, still fps drops my 1080 TI can't drive a game from 2002 Haha cause i maxed the graphic settings. but my cards stay above 60 fps in far cry 5 fully maxed.

i not really feelin the new perks since they also do nerf and halve you, but the food recipes i really dig! it's a nice add on and nifty feature.
    and i can see that your english is incredible, you know words i never would of have thought! those names with the food recipes is just killin it!
    Homie, that's great to hear!

As for tinkering... check your Gothic.ini and disable antialiasing and anisotropic filtering (set zVidEnableAntiAliasing and zTexAnisotropicFiltering both to 0). Now, while at it, open SystemPack.ini and set AnisotropicFiltering to 0 too. If you want antialiasing and/or anisotropic filtering, then enable them in nVidia control panel for Gothic2.exe, so only ONE source would be in control of the graphics (better let it be nVidia newest graphic driver than the outdated Gothic II's engine or still udocumented Union's option). Otherwise, it might turn up you were anisotroping anisotropic filtering three times, and x16 X x16 X x16 might be too much even for GTX1080Ti. xD Also, make super sure you disabled the DSR (that new ficher) or other super resolutions in nVidia control panel and set the proper one you want in Gothic 2 control settings (or in Gothic.ini), because, once again, it might be you're "super resolutioning" a super resolution, hence the drops and stutters. Also, you might want to reduce visual/fade range to 220% or so in the game's video settings (those extra percent above 200% demand much more computing power [think of geometrical scale] than those between 100%-200% and you might not even need that much of sight range if it's obstructed by the scenery most of time). Additionally, make sure DrawDistanceMultiplier, OutDoorPortalDistanceMultiplier, and InDoorPortalDistanceMultiplier in SystemPack.ini are set to 1.000, because every even multiplier (2.000, 3.000 and so on) is, like, a boulder for the computer to carry around. Finally, you can try to install 4GB patch from NTCore (the link is in the first post, under "INCOMPATIBILITIES" section hidden behind the spoiler button) if you would start experiencing crashes (you reported that in the past), as they made Union and SystemPack compatible with it.

Don't worry about the traits (those are not perks; the list for them is not up yet). They still will be *optional* and the player will not have to choose one (they can skip on the choice entirely). I'm including the option because my patron from Patreon wanted them.

Also, I'm thrilled with the new foodstuffs too. I always wanted that and many mods deliver, but it's always the NH doing it himself at the pans, stoves, or cauldrons, and there is usually no limit of any type set in place, plus the new cuisines are usually so potent they can heal him completely with one serving (I'm okay with the concept, after all it's Gothic, but having dishes that do not eclipse healing potions or spells like in every other RPG would be nice for once). That's why I made an NPC responsible for the new dishes, and also gave them a limit (both in amount and healing capabilities), so it wouldn't be a cheap way to make healing potions and spells completely irrelevant.

And thank you very much! I'm polishing my linguistic skills in the modern Latin every time I can! It seems it paid off, if someone had noticed! Your lingua franca is awesome too! I told you you should start streaming or reviewing games for realsies, because people love accents!

EDIT: I forgot another hot tip: open the nVidia control panel, then click Manage 3D Settings from the navigation panel. Click the Global Settings tab, then scroll to the Power Management Mode feature, click the
    corresponding list arrow, and select Prefer Maximum Performance, then click Apply. That's global setting for the graphic card, so you might want to do the same, but only for Gothic2.exe profile (where you would tinker with AA and AF values as suggested above). That might pump up the SLI configuration (or the single card; check for both situations, please) and stop the game from flickering.
    Geändert von Czudak (13.12.2019 um 16:54 Uhr)

20. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #400 Zitieren

Thank you!

Homie, that's great to hear!

As for tinkering... check your Gothic.ini and disable antialiasing and anisotropic filtering (set zVidEnableAntiAliasing and zTexAnisotropicFiltering both to 0). Now, while at it, open SystemPack.ini and set AnisotropicFiltering to 0 too. If you want antialiasing and/or anisotropic filtering, then enable them in nVidia control panel for Gothic2.exe, so only ONE source would be in control of the graphics (better let it be nVidia newest graphic driver than the outdated Gothic II's engine or still udocumented Union's option). Otherwise, it might turn up you were anisotroping anisotropic filtering three times, and x16 X x16 X x16 might be too much even for GTX1080Ti. xD Also, make super sure you disabled the DSR (that new ficher) or other super resolutions in nVidia control panel and set the proper one you want in Gothic 2 control settings (or in Gothic.ini), because, once again, it might be you're "super resolutioning" a super resolution, hence the drops and stutters. Also, you might want to reduce visual/fade range to 220% or so in the game's video settings (those extra percent above 200% demand much more computing power [think of geometrical scale] than those between 100%-200% and you might not even need that much of sight range if it's obstructed by the scenery most of time). Additionally, make sure DrawDistanceMultiplier, OutDoorPortalDistanceMultiplier, and InDoorPortalDistanceMultiplier in SystemPack.ini are set to 1.000, because every even multiplier (2.000, 3.000 and so on) is, like, a boulder for the computer to carry around. Finally, you can try to install 4GB patch from NTCore (the link is in the first post, under "INCOMPATIBILITIES" section hidden behind the spoiler button) if you would start experiencing crashes (you reported that in the past), as they made Union and SystemPack compatible with it.

Don't worry about the traits (those are not perks; the list for them is not up yet). They still will be *optional* and the player will not have to choose one (they can skip on the choice entirely). I'm including the option because my patron from Patreon wanted them.

Also, I'm thrilled with the new foodstuffs too. I always wanted that and many mods deliver, but it's always the NH doing it himself at the pans, stoves, or cauldrons, and there is usually no limit of any type set in place, plus the new cuisines are usually so potent they can heal him completely with one serving (I'm okay with the concept, after all it's Gothic, but having dishes that do not eclipse healing potions or spells like in every other RPG would be nice for once). That's why I made an NPC responsible for the new dishes, and also gave them a limit (both in amount and healing capabilities), so it wouldn't be a cheap way to make healing potions and spells completely irrelevant.

And thank you very much! I'm polishing my linguistic skills in the modern Latin every time I can! It seems it paid off, if someone had noticed! Your lingua franca is awesome too! I told you you should start streaming or reviewing games for realsies, because people love accents!

EDIT: I forgot another hot tip: open the nVidia control panel, then click Manage 3D Settings from the navigation panel. Click the Global Settings tab, then scroll to the Power Management Mode feature, click the
    corresponding list arrow, and select Prefer Maximum Performance, then click Apply. That's global setting for the graphic card, so you might want to do the same, but only for Gothic2.exe profile (where you would tinker with AA and AF values as suggested above). That might pump up the SLI configuration (or the single card; check for both situations, please) and stop the game from flickering.
    Thank you for your kind words and solutions, and the HUGE reply streaming is dangerous, and i don't have a following yet.
    How about that elite orc? Did you check it yet?

Seite 20 von 34 « Erste ... 9131617181920212223242731 ... Letzte »