Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 5 von 34 « Erste 1234567891216 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 675
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #81 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von waltc
    Deep within Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good

waltc ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Wacky Beitrag anzeigen

What will happen? Everything of you will be compressed into an energy being, then sucked into Vortex Well dimension, and spat out in Equestria where you will get transmogrified into an exact copy (in body and mind) of Twilight Sparkle. Then you will live happily ever after, reading books and chewing on hay all days long.

PS. It's true.
    So I gather then that it simply won't work... Just verifying--thanks.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #82 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von shades01 Beitrag anzeigen
    I see that you're still going strong (like Harad). Minor thing: there is a certain "drop" (I don't know how to describe it better) when walking over planks, as if you're dropping from height (but you're not obviously). This is noticeable on both Khorinis gates (also in first game over bridge near Old camp).

Also I must recommend this font for both games, it is awesome...
    https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...8&d=1509144195
    Aye! Good to know you're still around! I know the issue you're talking about, but I can't do squat about that as modding worlds is my Achilles' heel; I would have to learn how to crack those and that would require time I could have put to use somewhere else.

Maybe you? Could you fix that? Teach yourself how to mod worlds and then fix that? Or find someone who could do that? Thanks! You're a real sweetheart, doing that for me and this project.

I saw that font - it's very modern, vector-looking. I know a thing or two about typelettering myself, and I wanted to revamp some swell font for this patch's purposes as well, but it will be better to leave that kind of graphic additions to the end user's discretion, after all (if you're covertly recommending adding it to this mod, hehe).

3. Beiträge anzeigen #83 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Dez

Dez ist offline

...however, I have just come up with a great system that might please everyone interested: the amount of the controlled summons will be correlated to the player's level. After crossing it - the another summoned creatures above the given level will be automatically released from the clutches of their summoner's will and might react to that depending on their nature (i.e. attack them, hehe).

It would require assigning (abstract) numbers to the summons that would indicate how easy they are to control. For example:
    - Created Goblin Skeletons: 6
    - Summoned Wolves: 7
    - Created Zombies: 9
    - Created Stone Sentinels: 11
    - Created Skeletons: 14
    - Created Stone Golems: 20
    - Summoned Demons: 28
    - Created Army of Darkness (unlimited)

Now, compare that to the summoning player's level and if they, for example, have 33rd level, they could conjure a team of three Stone Sentinels, four Wolves, five Goblin Skeletons, two Skeletons, one Demon or any mix of the mentioned, using scrolls and runes, whatever they see fit. Army of Darkness would be exception from that, while the Mage Skeletons wouldn't be handicapped by any limit, because they are undead themselves?

What do you think of that? That way, someone who achieved 56th level (a fairly difficult feat, but not impossible) could summon even two Demons at once, resulting in extra incentive?
    An intresting idea most certainly. When you've decided the exact numbers, you also have to make sure that the player understands how this new system works. I quess the question is how you should convey this new information to the player while in game. What if there was a new book called necromancer's manual (or something like that) which would explain how summon spells work. It could be bought from the monestary or from Zhuris at the marketplace for instance.

By the way have you ever thought of adding more fire arrows, magical arrows and magical bolts into game? After all there are 3 kinds of enchanted long range weapons (fire bow, magical bow and magical crossbow), but their ammonium is so limited that they end up being almost like novelty items without real purpose. What if the player could buy or craft more ammo for these weapons? Crafting magical ammo could even be something which only mercs and dragonhunters were able to learn if you think it would be too unbalancing to make it available for all guilds.
    Geändert von Dez (23.11.2017 um 20:36 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #84 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dez Beitrag anzeigen
    An interesting idea most certainly. When you've decided the exact numbers, you also have to make sure that the player understands how this new system works. I guess the question is how you should convey this new information to the player while in game. What if there was a new book called necromancer's manual (or something like that) which would explain how summon spells work. It could be bought from the monastery or from Zhuris at the marketplace for instance.

By the way have you ever thought of adding more fire arrows, magical arrows and magical bolts into game? After all there are 3 kinds of enchanted long range weapons (fire bow, magical bow and magical crossbow), but their ammo is so limited that they end up being almost like novelty items without real purpose. What if the player could buy or craft more ammo for these weapons? Crafting magical ammo could even be something which only mercs and dragonhunters were able to learn if you think it would be too unbalancing to make it available for all guilds.
    Ey, yo!

I'm still working on the summoning system, but once it's finished - I will implement it and a book explaining how it works (but it will be done rather roughly; because the exact numbers will be available in the future changelog).

Those special ranged weapons seems bugged anyway; their damage type is always piercing, even if one change the type to magic or fire (I discovered it only recently and I need to revert changes regarding these in the patch's scripts), because the exact procedure is hard-coded in the game's .EXE. Since I don't know how to fix that, giving a bigger number of ammunition seems to be a wise move all of a sudden.

However, I would like to not include another crafting recipes to the game; I will add a limited special ammo supply to a few merchants in the world. I think ~100 per each weapon across all five Chapters (distributed through several traders) would be enough. Or I will give Xardas a trade menu with some weird trinkets and the ammo (all of it at once) among them?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #85 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    I released the newer version of 1.6 number. The updated link and the changelog is in the first post of this thread, as usual.

The amount of controlled summons depending on the player's level is still not implemented, but it will be done in the v1.7. Some highlights: added colored runes and spell scrolls, while all "wands" were turned into two-handed staves (with some minor magical properties).

6. Beiträge anzeigen #86 Zitieren
    Rookie

Stang ist offline
    I released the newer version of 1.6 number. The updated link and the changelog is in the first post of this thread, as usual.

The amount of controlled summons depending on the player's level is still not implemented, but it will be done in the v1.7. Some highlights: added colored runes and spell scrolls, while all "wands" were turned into two-handed staves (with some minor magical properties).
    I am already on a playthrough with 1.5. Does 1.6 require a fresh start?

Btw, I really like what you have done with this patch/mod. Keep them coming.

Some requests, if you have time to consider them:
    1. It will be great to have a feature that helps hasten up some repetitive activities: frying meat, making potions, forging swords, etc. Ideal to have an option to do these as a batch rather than craft individually.
    2. Re-equip mana boost items to get free mana - especially possible to get 60 mana with the mage set + wand to summon a batch of goblins and skeletons. Is it possible to fix that exploit? You have handled that partially by making summons aggro each other, but is a direct fix possible?
    3. One reason for the complaint about summon nerf is that they are much more efficient than direct spells, and it is otherwise quite tedious to play as a pure mage. A possible solution is to make mana potions more effective or more plentiful that it may be okay to 'waste' mana and live with less summon spam. Another possibility is to make damage/mana somewhat consistent across more spells to make more of them useful.
    4. Related to #3, the player health quickly scales to a point that all healing items heal very little and only serve to slow down later gameplay to drink multiples of potions/food. Perhaps increasing the cost of health potions, along with making them %based can be considered (something like 25%, 40%, 60% to complement the pure potions). The same can be done for mana potions for some balance there, along with more potions for sale from vendors.
    Geändert von Stang (07.12.2017 um 17:33 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #87 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Stang Beitrag anzeigen
    I am already on a playthrough with 1.5. Does 1.6 require a fresh start?

Btw, I really like what you have done with this patch/mod. Keep them coming.

Some requests, if you have time to consider them:
    1. It will be great to have a feature that helps hasten up some repetitive activities: frying meat, making potions, forging swords, etc. Ideal to have an option to do these as a batch rather than craft individually.
    2. Re-equip mana boost items to get free mana - especially possible to get 60 mana with the mage set + wand to summon a batch of goblins and skeletons. Is it possible to fix that exploit? You have handled that partially by making summons aggro each other, but is a direct fix possible?
    3. One reason for the complaint about summon nerf is that they are much more efficient than direct spells, and it is otherwise quite tedious to play as a pure mage. A possible solution is to make mana potions more effective or more plentiful that it may be okay to 'waste' mana and live with less summon spam. Another possibility is to make damage/mana somewhat consistent across more spells to make more of them useful.
    4. Related to #3, the player health quickly scales to a point that all healing items heal very little and only serve to slow down later gameplay to drink multiples of potions/food. Perhaps increasing the cost of health potions, along with making them %based can be considered (something like 25%, 40%, 60% to complement the pure potions). The same can be done for mana potions for some balance there, along with more potions for sale from vendors.
    Howdie, my white nigga! Thanks for playing! Give a watch, suscribe, fave and like and... wait, I'm not on YouTube.

Anyway, all newer versions are more-or-less compatible with saved games from previous versions of the patch.

Now, about your requests:

1. I'm unable to do that now as it requires digging deeper into the game files and I didn't figure out how to do that yet. But I shall implement such a thing at some point... even if it's a part of Gothic charm, like DX7 textures, hehe.
    2. Please post more details, as I didn't understand; if there is such an exploit, I can fix it, but I need the exact procedure to reproduce it. The wand you're talking about was modified and now will convey only 10 maximum Mana to the user, by the way.
    3. I'm working on a new system for that issue. For more details look at the previous posts above (with Dez). It will satisfy both the me and the players.
    4. About Health and healing items (potions, spells, food).

The comestibles and potions, but not spells, becoming pointless at some point (quite early) is an issue, yes. However, such dramatic changes as you suggested would make the game a picnic in turn (60% is insane, man). I could make Health a more valuable resource by:

- reducing Health gained per level to 10 instead of 12,
    - and reducing Health gained per reading of the respective "Stone Tablet of Constitution" to 4/8/12.

That would shave off approximately 175 Health from the available pool by the end of the game (or the 55th level, which should be the same for most plays). It wouldn't be a game breaker, but to some degree it would be a game changer. Furthermore, the required amount of absorbed consumables would be reduced too, in order to get back to the fighting shape as you requested. Finally, the objects increasing one's vitality might even be considered as precious thing to possess, even if only for a while. Then:

- Healing (and Mana too) drafts would fix the imbiber up with an additional percentage of their total Health (or Mana; values: 5%/10%/15%). Since I wouldn't want to discriminate, this alteration would affect NPCs as well.

Like you wanted... while that would satisfy my desire to deliver to boot. Still, the problem with food would persist. I thought of introducing a female cook to the game (in the port district of Khorinis, so she would be available from the start), who would combine given food into a better comestibles. Naturally, she wouldn't do that for free. The final product would be 125% of its ingredients (rounded up), but the maximum amount of replenished Health should be capped, though (at approx. 100, so the possibility wouldn't render liquid medicines useless).

Illustrative recipes:

- one Cheese (15), one Bread (10) = Grilled Cheese (31)
    - two Raw Meats (6 x 2 = 12), four Dark Mushrooms (4 x 6 = 24), one Healing Plant (10) = Forest Broth (57)
    - seven Rosehip Berries (7 x 5 = 35), one Honey (15) = Falcon Tea (62)
    - one Roasted Meat (12), two Fish Soups (14 x 2 = 28), one Beer (5; 3 for Health and 2 for Mana), one Gin (6; 4 for Health and 2 for Mana) = Scoundrel Soup (64)

And so on.

Still, that means I would have to use placeholder models for the new foodstuffs. At least until I would create or find better fitting ones. And no voiceover as well, hehe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think about all of that, my bro?

8. Beiträge anzeigen #88 Zitieren
    Rookie

Stang ist offline
    I was able to get endless mana from the amulet of enlightenment. Here's what I did:
    1. Buy amulet from Zuris and equip (to get 30 mana total)
    2. Cast 6 fire arrows to deplete mana pool
    3. Unequip and re-equip amulet to get back +20 mana
    4. Cast 4 fire arrows and repeat steps 3 and 4 endlessly

My health potion/food suggestion was to just improve QOL, not really to make the game easier as chapter 4 onward the player is pretty much unstoppable anyway (even earlier for some builds) and has a big health pool to boot. Just that all the damage accumulated over time requires chugging a lot of consumables every now and then, breaking the pacing (playing time is a premium these days for me). Elixir of healing requires healing roots which are also required for perm health potion, so I don't see why making it better hurts that much. Either way, it doesn't matter that much except for time.

I like your suggestions regarding potions and food.

The spell system does require some improvements in terms of consistency of damage per mana and per circle level, in addition to the changes to the summon system you are implementing.

Edit: Btw, regarding the female cook for additional foodstuff - there is already Edda. One possibility is to have this as a quest reward for the player finding a statue for Edda. This would also let you use existing voiceover and have the cooking option work through a menu or something.
    Geändert von Stang (08.12.2017 um 13:59 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #89 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    I was able to get endless mana from the amulet of enlightenment. Here's what I did:
    1. Buy amulet from Zuris and equip (to get 30 mana total)
    2. Cast 6 fire arrows to deplete mana pool
    3. Unequip and re-equip amulet to get back +20 mana
    4. Cast 4 fire arrows and repeat steps 3 and 4 endlessly

My health potion/food suggestion was to just improve QOL, not really to make the game easier as chapter 4 onward the player is pretty much unstoppable anyway (even earlier for some builds) and has a big health pool to boot. Just that all the damage accumulated over time requires chugging a lot of consumables every now and then, breaking the pacing (playing time is a premium these days for me). Elixir of healing requires healing roots which are also required for perm health potion, so I don't see why making it better hurts that much. Either way, it doesn't matter that much except for time.

I like your suggestions regarding potions and food.

The spell system does require some improvements in terms of consistency of damage per mana and per circle level, in addition to the changes to the summon system you are implementing.
    Now I understand. Sure, I can implement "Quality of Life" elements, to shorten time spend on tedious tasks, but not now. I'm simply not advanced enough at this point. It requires combining elements (scripts and objects and textures and more) from different sources, and I just don't know how to do that yet. But one day...

I reproduced the problem with that amulet; it is indeed a real thing. I will fix it in the next release (January, as I said).

Any suggestions for the damage per mana per circle level? I never played as a mage that much, so I could use some pointers on how to balance the structure of the magic incantations. I always perceived the summoning system being vastly broken, that's why I tackled it.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #90 Zitieren
    Rookie

Stang ist offline
    Any suggestions for the damage per mana per circle level? I never played as a mage that much, so I could use some pointers on how to balance the structure of the magic incantations. I always perceived the summoning system being vastly broken, that's why I tackled it.
    I am by no means an expert on balancing, but let me point out the issues i have seen with the mage spells over many playthroughs across the years. The main problem stems from spells costing LP to learn which means less useful spells are almost always skipped by the player. The LP costs aren't consistent either by circle level (some are too cheap and some too expensive).

Circle 1:
    1. Small lightning is almost useless compared to fire arrow. Both of these pale in comparison to goblin skeleton. Still, I would suggest changing damage per mana to match fire arrow to actually make it a choice instead of skipping altogether.
    2. Root snare - 20sec stun is too much. Game over for the enemy basically. Maybe lower the stun duration and mana cost to actually make it something the player should consider (compared to other beliar runes).

Circle 2:
    1. Fireball costs 10 LP and does 75 damage for 15 mana. Ice lance costs 5 LP and does 100 damage per 20 mana. I suggest modifying the LP of one of these and make the damage similar (eg: both do 100 damage for 20 mana), so there is a real choice to make.
    2. There is no reason to learn ice arrow at all as ice lance is better - it is completely redundant. So, either needs to be made more mana efficient for the low damage, or equalize in some other way.
    3. Summon wolf - wolf is weaker than goblin skeleton but costs more mana.
    4. Windfist: Has a bad damage/mana ratio. I suggest capping to 150 damage, but reducing mana cost somewhat to actually make it a useful damage spell compared to others in the circle.
    Summary of circle 2: Upto this point, most players simply choose (or advised to choose) ice lance + goblin skeleton.

Circle 3: In this circle, ice block, create skeleton and Storm tend to be most useful spells.
    1. Ice block is too powerful. Possibly the most broken spell in the game. When used against player, it is pretty much game-over, and similarly for player against enemy. Requires nerfing of stun duration - 19 secs is way too much. Maybe should stun for only 5 seconds, and cost a little less mana to compensate.
    2. Geyser and Beliar's wrath have terrible damage/mana cost - why consider these at all when you have Storm? Moreover, Geyser costs 10 LP while Storm is only 5 LP.
    3. Ball lightning's stun is inferior to ice block.
    4. Storm is fine as it is aoe and does 2.5 damage per mana. It is also the only way for a mage to hurt some enemies like demons in chapter 3.

Circle 4: In this circle, Lightning and create zombie are the best options.
    1. Large fireball takes too much mana for the slow cast and it is single target - especially considering that lightning is already available, it should start at 150-300 damage and cost maybe 4 damage per mana instead of <2 currently which is useless for single target?
    2. Lightning and summon golem costs 15 LP, while others are 10 LP.

Circle 5: Most spells are good here. Ice wave is common choice along with summon demon.
    1. Ice wave is too powerful for the same reason as ice block. Reduced stun time (it can be higher than ice block to denote a higher circle spell) and lower mana cost should compensate for that.
    2. Large firestorm has similar issue to large fireball. 2x Storm is actually a much better option. Changing it to 300 damage for 150 mana should make it an upgrade over Storm.
    3. Summoned demons are supremely powerful. They are even able to solo kill dragons. This is happening because demon's armor/resistance stats are actually better than most of the dragons.

Circle 6: Most players are advised to get fire rain and army of darkness.
    1. Why use breath of death, when there is already wave of death and fire rain...? It also seems to be bugged and does only half damage for some reason in the vanilla game (havent tested it with your patch yet).
    2. Army of darkness: Spam this for easy final battle...
    3. Shrink moster - has only one scroll in the game. Maybe just add more instances for variety. The rune is worthless compared to other circle 6 spells (why spend 300 mana and then have to damage monster separately when 2xfire rain kills everything for the same mana).

Hope that gives enough insight regarding the issues with spells. I also think people would not mind lowering LP costs for some runes - having more spells does not make the player more powerful, just increases spell usage variety (much like having different weapons). In the default setup, due to the LP costs, a mage player typically ends up getting the following runes: fire arrow (compulsory to make) + goblin skeleton + ice lance + ice block + create skeleton + storm + create zombie + lightning + summon demon (and maybe ice wave) + fire rain. That set as a whole is probably the best return on LP investment for spells in the vanilla game.
    Geändert von Stang (08.12.2017 um 15:41 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #91 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    I am by no means an expert on balancing, but let me point out the issues i have seen with the mage spells over many playthroughs across the years. The main problem stems from spells costing LP to learn which means less useful spells are almost always skipped by the player. The LP costs aren't consistent either by circle level (some are too cheap and some too expensive).

Circle 1:
    1. Small lightning is almost useless compared to fire arrow. Both of these pale in comparison to goblin skeleton. Still, I would suggest changing damage per mana to match fire arrow to actually make it a choice instead of skipping altogether.
    2. Root snare - 20sec stun is too much. Game over for the enemy basically. Maybe lower the stun duration and mana cost to actually make it something the player should consider (compared to other beliar runes).

Circle 2:
    1. Fireball costs 10 LP and does 75 damage for 15 mana. Ice lance costs 5 LP and does 100 damage per 20 mana. I suggest modifying the LP of one of these and make the damage similar (eg: both do 100 damage for 20 mana), so there is a real choice to make.
    2. There is no reason to learn ice arrow at all as ice lance is better - it is completely redundant. So, either needs to be made more mana efficient for the low damage, or equalize in some other way.
    3. Summon wolf - wolf is weaker than goblin skeleton but costs more mana.
    4. Windfist: Has a bad damage/mana ratio. I suggest capping to 150 damage, but reducing mana cost somewhat to actually make it a useful damage spell compared to others in the circle.
    Summary of circle 2: Upto this point, most players simply choose (or advised to choose) ice lance + goblin skeleton.

Circle 3: In this circle, ice block, create skeleton and Storm tend to be most useful spells.
    1. Ice block is too powerful. Possibly the most broken spell in the game. When used against player, it is pretty much game-over, and similarly for player against enemy. Requires nerfing of stun duration - 19 secs is way too much. Maybe should stun for only 5 seconds, and cost a little less mana to compensate.
    2. Geyser and Beliar's wrath have terrible damage/mana cost - why consider these at all when you have Storm? Moreover, Geyser costs 10 LP while Storm is only 5 LP.
    3. Ball lightning's stun is inferior to ice block.
    4. Storm is fine as it is aoe and does 2.5 damage per mana. It is also the only way for a mage to hurt some enemies like demons in chapter 3.

Circle 4: In this circle, Lightning and create zombie are the best options.
    1. Large fireball takes too much mana for the slow cast and it is single target - especially considering that lightning is already available, it should start at 150-300 damage and cost maybe 4 damage per mana instead of <2 currently which is useless for single target?
    2. Lightning and summon golem costs 15 LP, while others are 10 LP.

Circle 5: Most spells are good here. Ice wave is common choice along with summon demon.
    1. Ice wave is too powerful for the same reason as ice block. Reduced stun time (it can be higher than ice block to denote a higher circle spell) and lower mana cost should compensate for that.
    2. Large firestorm has similar issue to large fireball. 2x Storm is actually a much better option. Changing it to 300 damage for 150 mana should make it an upgrade over Storm.
    3. Summoned demons are supremely powerful. They are even able to solo kill dragons. This is happening because demon's armor/resistance stats are actually better than most of the dragons.

Circle 6: Most players are advised to get fire rain and army of darkness.
    1. Why use breath of death, when there is already wave of death and fire rain...? It also seems to be bugged and does only half damage for some reason in the vanilla game (havent tested it with your patch yet).
    2. Army of darkness: Spam this for easy final battle...
    3. Shrink moster - has only one scroll in the game. Maybe just add more instances for variety. The rune is worthless compared to other circle 6 spells (why spend 300 mana and then have to damage monster separately when 2xfire rain kills everything for the same mana).

Hope that gives enough insight regarding the issues with spells. I also think people would not mind lowering LP costs for some runes - having more spells does not make the player more powerful, just increases spell usage variety (much like having different weapons). In the default setup, due to the LP costs, a mage player typically ends up getting the following runes: fire arrow (compulsory to make) + goblin skeleton + ice lance + ice block + create skeleton + storm + create zombie + lightning + summon demon (and maybe ice wave) + fire rain. That set as a whole is probably the best return on LP investment for spells in the vanilla game.
    Before I go into details: did you read the changes to arsenal in this patch's FAQ?

12. Beiträge anzeigen #92 Zitieren
    Rookie

Stang ist offline
    Before I go into details: did you read the changes to arsenal in this patch's FAQ?
    I did glance through them. As I stated, I posted my issues with mage gameplay experience over the years (this means with the vanilla game obviously), since you asked for my opinion. I haven't had the time to test all the magic changes in the patch, since I am playing the game normally. I would add that having consistent LP cost for runes and consistent damage per mana across the board will make more spells appealing for the player (and may be simpler to balance overall).

13. Beiträge anzeigen #93 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    I did glance through them. As I stated, I posted my issues with mage gameplay experience over the years (this means with the vanilla game obviously), since you asked for my opinion. I haven't had the time to test all the magic changes in the patch, since I am playing the game normally. I would add that having consistent LP cost for runes and consistent damage per mana across the board will make more spells appealing for the player (and may be simpler to balance overall).
    Okay, it's time for a quick reply (insert a dramatic pause here)!

Root Snare ends its effect when the target is attacked.
    Value of stun duration of the "Ball Lightning" and other electric spells is hardcoded in the game's .EXE and cannot be changed without magical software artifacts, like injectors, wrappers and stuff (I know nothing about this).
    Value of freeze the "Ice Block/Wave" is hardcoded in the game (how to change that?).

The others suggestions will be taken into account, hehe. However, Beliar's runes are basically freebies as they are paid for by sacrificing Health (it's permanently drained) and with the amount of Health one can get in Gothic it makes it basically no cost at all, so they are more-or-less balanced (but I will look into their Mana costs anyway). But I see you want consistency or at least something close to it. What about this system:

Base cost for the first Circle of Magic runes: 2 LP
    Base cost for the second Circle of Magic runes: 4 LP
    Base cost for the third Circle of Magic runes: 6 LP
    Base cost for the fourth Circle of Magic runes: 8 LP
    Base cost for the fifth Circle of Magic runes: 10 LP
    Base cost for the sixth Circle of Magic runes: 12 LP

+4 LP if the spell affects more than one target (except for the "Fear" jinx) on a full scale, like "Storm", "Fire Rain", "Wave of Death" and so on
    +2 LP if the spell affects more than one target on a limited scope, like "Fiery Flash", "Inferno" and so on
    -1 LP if the spell is effective only against certain targets (like "Shatter Undead")
    +1 LP if it has a special characteristic (it doesn't kill humans like "Geyser" or "Spark", or knocks target back like "Wind Fist" so the player can keep enemies at bay)
    +2 LP if it's a summoning rune
    +1 LP if it's a healing rune
    +3 LP if paralyzes the target for longer than 5 seconds (like "Ice Block/Wave"; also these spells' frozen targets get +30 to all protections, except for {BLUDGEON} and {FIRE} <so attacking them with the spells will be less effective, as almost all spells deal [MAGIC] type of damage> to reflect that it's harder to hurt a target encased in ice without special means)

Only the highest modifier will be used.

No changes to paladin runes and they are 3 LP and 6 LP respectively (as they were), what makes them super cheap.

It won't be a massively dramatic change to call it an "alternative balancing", so it would fit the theme of this modification, and I would be content with it, while it would bring consistency to the table, and allow to possess more runes in the end.
    Geändert von Czudak (09.12.2017 um 12:36 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #94 Zitieren
    Rookie

Stang ist offline
    I like the way you are thinking about this! Yes, what you suggest will lead to a useful, consistent set of changes while following the principles of the rest of your patch.

Regarding root snare: My bad, I must have had a bug in a prior vanilla playthrough where the character couldn't get out of the stun animation after being hit, leading to a trivial victory. After that, never really wanted to touch that spell again.

Regarding other Beliar runes: While they are 'free', you get these after completing Jharkendar only and the runes are counterpart to the claw which is arguably the best weapon in the game given that it has a chance to cause damage that cannot be resisted. Keeping these runes consistent with other spells would make more sense rather than a condition like how much the player had to 'work' for it.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #95 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    I like the way you are thinking about this! Yes, what you suggest will lead to a useful, consistent set of changes while following the principles of the rest of your patch.

Regarding root snare: My bad, I must have had a bug in a prior vanilla playthrough where the character couldn't get out of the stun animation after being hit, leading to a trivial victory. After that, never really wanted to touch that spell again.

Regarding other Beliar runes: While they are 'free', you get these after completing Jharkendar only and the runes are counterpart to the claw which is arguably the best weapon in the game given that it has a chance to cause damage that cannot be resisted. Keeping these runes consistent with other spells would make more sense rather than a condition like how much the player had to 'work' for it.
    All right. As for the "Breath of Decay" hex, it's not bugged, but it deals less damage if the spellcaster moves away from the initial cast range (the same goes for "Wind Fist" and "Steal Vitality"; the exact formula is not easily comprehensible, but the takeaway is that these aren't suitable for hit'n'run tactics as one needs to stay rather close to the target).

16. Beiträge anzeigen #96 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Oh, snap. I just discovered I indexed damage wrongly on Marsh Drones; their attacks will cause prolonged burning like with Fire Lizards.

Jarkhendar just got so much more deadly without proper {FIRE} protection. I will fix this in the next version. Using runes/spell scrolls is advised in the meantime.

I'm not so sorry for inconvenience, hehe.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #97 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    I uploaded the newer version of 1.6A number. The updated link and the changelog is in the first post of this thread, as usual.

Some highlights: fixed Marsh Drones, a massive amount of textures doubled in size (thus the size of this mod increased significantly as well), smoother fonts and several layouts, Health/Mana potions now provide minor boni, healing percentage of the imbiber's maximum Health/Mana, less LP required for learning runes (not that much, but it's noticeable; one can read on that in the arsenal changes section of FAQ; read, not glance, OK?).

Compatible with previous saves, as usually.

PS. Fixing the bugged maximum Mana-providing items will be difficult. I didn't see that issue being corrected in other mods. Hmm...
    Geändert von Czudak (22.12.2017 um 18:12 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #98 Zitieren
    Rookie

Stang ist offline
    I uploaded the newer version of 1.6A number. The updated link and the changelog is in the first post of this thread, as usual.

Some highlights: fixed Marsh Drones, a massive amount of textures doubled in size (thus the size of this mod increased significantly as well), smoother fonts and several layouts, Health/Mana potions now provide minor boni, healing percentage of the imbiber's maximum Health, less LP required for learning runes (not that much, but it's noticeable; one can read on that in the arsenal changes section of FAQ; read, not glance, OK?).

Compatible with previous saves, as usually.

PS. Fixing the bugged maximum Mana-providing items will be difficult. I didn't see that issue being corrected in other mods. Hmm...
    Excellent! Will play this during the holiday week.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #99 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    I uploaded the newer version of 1.7; which is very close to what I ever wanted to see in Gothic II Gold, I have to admit. The updated link and the changelog is in the first post of this thread, as usual.

Some highlights: integrated Wasteland mod (restores a number of locations in the Valley of Mines), better "LP liquidity" thanks to training of attributes with teachers using a different system (it being irrelevant to boni from other sources, like food, blessings, stone tablets, and so on; it will result in more Learning Points in the long run), the issue with transformation spells adding/subtracting weapon skills was extinguished, Acrobatics now being a normal skill one the player can learn, and more.

However, saves from pre-1.7 versions are not compatible with this newest release. But it's a small price to pay for these great improvements, right? Good, I knew you would see the things my way.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #100 Zitieren
    Apprentice

shades01 ist offline
    Now this is too much... You've begun strong, but this is way off what developers have intended... At first it was subtle, this is not what players were expecting... You should make light version (bugfixes, text, items), but the rest is... Just too much

Seite 5 von 34 « Erste 1234567891216 ... Letzte »