Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 4 von 34 « Erste 123456781115 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 61 bis 80 von 675
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #61 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sein Name ist Mö Beitrag anzeigen
    I think this change impacts the gameplay too much in a negative way. Please provide a version without it if possible?

I loved being able to summon a bunch of goblin skeletons to deal with orcs as a mage.
    Did you play the game with this patch? I have literally zero feedback on it and I apply things based on my own experiences. I could use some real input from the other players, but not if it wasn't based on actual gameplay, and on "I think".

You can create a mage with a lot of Mana and give him all creation/summoning runes, and then test the waters, as I translated everything in the cheat characters. Test things, then come back here, please? Thanks, I knew you would do that for me.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #62 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux

catalinux ist offline
    I think this change impacts the gameplay too much in a negative way. Please provide a version without it if possible?

I loved being able to summon a bunch of goblin skeletons to deal with orcs as a mage.
    Yes, I wouldn't change such values.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #63 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes, I wouldn't change such values.
    Come on, people. You're not even trying. If you want to troll me, next time start with: "I played this mod for, like, three seconds, and here are the reasons why it's shit:", so it would look like you've put some effort into it, and did not create another "educated guess".

4. Beiträge anzeigen #64 Zitieren
    banned

Moe ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Wacky Beitrag anzeigen
    Did you play the game with this patch? I have literally zero feedback on it and I apply things based on my own experiences. I could use some real input from the other players, but not if it wasn't based on actual gameplay, and on "I think".

You can create a mage with a lot of Mana and give him all creation/summoning runes, and then test the waters, as I translated everything in the cheat characters. Test things, then come back here, please? Thanks, I knew you would do that for me.
    First off, okay I will test this new gameplay feature out when I have time but I can't imagine my opinion will change.

Now you should revisit your opening post because with this single change the whole mod became inconsistent with your statement. Everything else sounds great btw.

Yet Another Unofficial Patch is - you guessed it right - a patch modification for Gothic II NotR/Gold! Other unofficial, community or ultimate patches and mods usually add a shedload of new characters, quests, and items, which can effortlessly ruin the overall reception of an otherwise great project. YAUP supplements the original game with a collection of bug fixes and improved linguistic conveyance, while staying faithful to Gothic II's gameplay, and thus the player won't be showered with a plethora of new exciting lands, prepossessing characters, and inventive adventures... except the exhilaratingly familiar Gothic II journey, but smoother than ever. Most inconsistencies were squished, resulting in the same good old Gothic, from the Chapter 1 to the Chapter 6. It's recommended for all "purist" players out there, but regular fans, who want something extra with a decisive value edge, will certainly find YAUP to their liking.
    How is no longer being able to summon more than one creature faithful to the Gothic II gameplay?

If you really want to make summoning consistent then going in the other direction and making it so that multiple demons dont have aggro on them would be a better change in my opinion because yes it would be even more OP but nobody would be forced to use it. I dont recommend this though, please just make the summoning gameplay change just an option.

I consider myself a purist player and this one gameplay change turns me and I would guess a lot of other players away from this otherwise cool mod.
    Geändert von Moe (17.11.2017 um 12:14 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #65 Zitieren
    Rookie

Muskee ist offline
    The bandits holding Elvrich captive become aggressive to him after they start attacking a scavenger that strays a bit too close to the camp.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #66 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Muskee Beitrag anzeigen
    The bandits holding Elvrich captive become aggressive to him after they start attacking a scavenger that strays a bit too close to the camp.
    Yo! The same thing could happen in the vanilla version and fixing it would require changing the whole attitude system in the game (I'm not ready for that yet).

But worry not! I'm already moving some monsters in Onar's farm area and its proximity, and I will move those two scavengers to the top of the nearby stairs. I already moved those two Goblin Skeletons from the spot next to that Shadow Beast behind Sekob's farm (close to Sagitta's cave) as they always ended tore to pieces by said monster. I also moved the bunch of Green Goblins that appears next to Buster in the Chapter 2, too. And a lot more.

But that's reserved only for the next version at the moment. I should release it in December.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #67 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    First off, okay I will test this new gameplay feature out when I have time but I can't imagine my opinion will change.

Now you should revisit your opening post because with this single change the whole mod became inconsistent with your statement. Everything else sounds great btw.

How is no longer being able to summon more than one creature faithful to the Gothic II gameplay?

If you really want to make summoning consistent then going in the other direction and making it so that multiple demons dont have aggro on them would be a better change in my opinion because yes it would be even more OP but nobody would be forced to use it. I dont recommend this though, please just make the summoning gameplay change just an option.

I consider myself a purist player and this one gameplay change turns me and I would guess a lot of other players away from this otherwise cool mod.
    Okay, so basically the freebie rune from Xardas, found at Sekob's in the Chapter 3, is causing this uproar. I will think about the feasible solution for that and about the whole consistency of summoning spells system for real in the next release.

In the meantime, you can "straighten up" this issue yourself. I'll assume you're using .MOD version. First, you would have to install via Overwrite way (saves are fully compatible between versions). From the backed up, original (your) files you would have to copy/move B_INITMONSTERATTITUDES.D (that's the one with the original summoning system found in Gothic II Gold; it can be found in X:\GOTHIC II GOLD\_WORK\DATA\SCRIPTS\CONTENT\AI\MONSTER\B_MONSTER directory), and overwrite with that file again. Then you would have to either start a new game OR launch it through GothicStarter_Mod.exe, tick "Reparse Scripts" option, and press "Play the Game". After doing that at least once - you can launch the game via Gothic2.exe or a shortcut leading to it.

Then you will have this patch with the old summoning system where there is no limit on created undeads.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #68 Zitieren
    banned

Moe ist offline
    Okay, so basically the freebie rune from Xardas, found at Sekob's in the Chapter 3, is causing this uproar. I will think about the feasible solution for that and about the whole consistency of summoning spells system for real in the next release.

In the meantime, you can "straighten up" this issue yourself. I'll assume you're using .MOD version. First, you would have to install via Overwrite way (saves are fully compatible between versions). From the backed up, original (your) files you would have to copy/move B_INITMONSTERATTITUDES.D (that's the one with the original summoning system found in Gothic II Gold; it can be found in X:\GOTHIC II GOLD\_WORK\DATA\SCRIPTS\CONTENT\AI\MONSTER\B_MONSTER directory), and overwrite with that file again. Then you would have to either start a new game OR launch it through GothicStarter_Mod.exe, tick "Reparse Scripts" option, and press "Play the Game". After doing that at least once - you can launch the game via Gothic2.exe or a shortcut leading to it.

Then you will have this patch with the old summoning system where there is no limit on created undeads.
    I don't understand how you came to his conclusion?

Anyway big thanks for the workaround solution.
    Geändert von Moe (17.11.2017 um 13:32 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #69 Zitieren
    Rookie

Muskee ist offline
    Yo! The same thing could happen in the vanilla version and fixing it would require changing the whole attitude system in the game (I'm not ready for that yet).

But worry not! I'm already moving some monsters in Onar's farm area and its proximity, and I will move those two scavengers to the top of the nearby stairs. I already moved those two Goblin Skeletons from the spot next to that Shadow Beast behind Sekob's farm (close to Sagitta's cave) as they always ended tore to pieces by said monster. I also moved the bunch of Green Goblins that appears next to Buster in the Chapter 2, too. And a lot more.

But that's reserved only for the next version at the moment. I should release it in December.
    Don't forget the poor field raider being hacked apart by the Goblin Skeletons at the cemetery next to Sekob's farm.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #70 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    I don't understand how you came to his conclusion?

Anyway big thanks for the workaround solution.
    Okay, so there are eight creation/summoning spells:
    - Create Goblin Skeleton (not aggro)
    - Summon Wolf (not aggro)
    - Create Skeleton (not aggro)
    - Create Stone Golem (aggro)
    - Summon Demon (aggro)
    - Create Zombie (not aggro)
    - Create Stone Sentinel (aggro)
    - Create Army of Darkness (couldn't have been aggro, otherwise would be illogical)

That's 3 against 4. Furthermore, I gave skeletal undeads +30 armor bonus against slashing weapons and they all sport +50 armor bonus against piercing weapons. Most monsters in the game now cause either slashing or piercing damage, while the bludgeoning type (weak spot of skeletal undeads) is now less frequent. That's +40 armor extra on average against quite a lot of opponents (and they don't have your human creativity, so you can pick them one by one). It needs to be counterbalanced, or summoning spells will get even more powerful than they already are.

EDIT: Let's not forget that because of changes Created Stone Golems/Stone Sentinels also got buffed up.

Maybe increasing all summons time to two minutes? More Mana required? I'm open to suggestions.

I'm writing this because even with my workaround you might experience Created Skeletons behaving like shadow beasts (if that's even possible; and don't ask, please).
    Geändert von Czudak (18.11.2017 um 08:15 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #71 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux

catalinux ist offline
    Come on, people. You're not even trying. If you want to troll me, next time start with: "I played this mod for, like, three seconds, and here are the reasons why it's shit:", so it would look like you've put some effort into it, and did not create another "educated guess".
    It's not about trolling... a patch should correct issues, not change something that works.

In my G2 patch, as new content, I only added some areas from G1 which where missing in G2 - like the Swamp Camp area. Why was this missing? Because the developers of G2 went out of time or ideas and conveniently decided to erect a Wall. Sure, one of them left us a note - everything is a lie.. now after the Sequel leak we kind of know why.....

Some for my G1 patch - I still have second thoughts about alchemy, helmets, shields... this is why right now I am redoing the alchemy in Gothic-Sequel style, and probably in my next release I will leave only one awesome helmet and one awesome shield.. like proof for what Gothic could have been.

So yeah... I would't change the defaults if I can't see a bug in it.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #72 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    It's not about trolling... a patch should correct issues, not change something that works.

In my G2 patch, as new content, I only added some areas from G1 which where missing in G2 - like the Swamp Camp area. Why was this missing? Because the developers of G2 went out of time or ideas and conveniently decided to erect a Wall. Sure, one of them left us a note - everything is a lie.. now after the Sequel leak we kind of know why.....

Some for my G1 patch - I still have second thoughts about alchemy, helmets, shields... this is why right now I am redoing the alchemy in Gothic-Sequel style, and probably in my next release I will leave only one awesome helmet and one awesome shield.. like proof for what Gothic could have been.

So yeah... I would't change the defaults if I can't see a bug in it.
    I see. So, it's about what is canon and what is not... in YOUR head. And you listed what YOU think is canon. You didn't play my mod and you didn't even take info I posted above into account when you replied. I was in other fandoms and I know that "loretards" are the worst. I'm going to ignore your input from now on as you don't even try to contribute any solution; you just drop your "I know better" bits.

Farewell.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #73 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Dez

Dez ist offline
    Wacky,

I've been playing g2 with your patch (1.4) and I think you have done stellar work. I'm currently at the begining of chapter 4. Been playing as a mage. I think magic system works pretty well. I'd like to offer my thoughts about the summoning system. I will try 1.5 when i've finished this game, but likely you have already released 1.6 by then. :P

Okay, so there are eight creation/summoning spells:
    - Create Skeleton (not aggro)
    - Summon Demon (aggro)
    - Create Army of Darkness (couldn't have been aggro, otherwise would be illogical)

That's 3 against 4. Furthermore, I gave skeletal undeads +30 armor bonus against slashing weapons and they all sport +50 armor bonus against piercing weapons. Most monsters in the game now cause either slashing or piercing damage, while the bludgeoning type (weak spot of skeletal undeads) is now less frequent. That's +40 armor extra on average against quite a lot of opponents (and they don't have your human creativity, so you can pick them one by one). It needs to be counterbalanced, or summoning spells will get even more powerful than they already are.

EDIT: Let's not forget that because of changes Created Stone Golems/Stone Sentinels also got buffed up.

Maybe increasing all summons time to two minutes? More Mana required? I'm open to suggestions.

I'm writing this because even with my workaround you might experience Created Skeletons behaving like shadow beasts (if that's even possible; and don't ask, please).
    I've always thought that the logic behind summoning system is that lesser creatures like goblin skeletons, zombies and wolves are easier for a mage to control than golems and demons. Maybe these creatures lack intellect or are summoned from lesser realms or something like that. However I do get your goal of balancing summoning spells due to changes you have made.

First of my suggestion is that you would weaken the goblin skeleton resistances compared to normal skeletons since they're goblins which are smaller and much weaker creatures in general than humans and thus their bones are more fragile. This could solve the problem as the summoned creature would still be cannon fodder as usual. I personally like summoning dozens of those little buggers. It's just hilarious to watch them beat trolls and orcs in pieces. When you have insane ammount of mana, this is one of the paybacks. Maybe shorten their summon time if they seem too powerfull?

As for the summon wolf spell. I'd keep it as it is or perhaps make the summoned creature a bit more resistant to damage if only 1 wolf can be summoned. Then again a wolf is a pack creature. Doesn't it make sense that a mage could summon a pack of wolves?

As for skeleton warriors, I think your balance idea makes sense. They seem more deadlier after your changes. And if only 1 skeleton can be summoned army of darkness spell becomes much more interesting alternative at circle 6. Stone sentinels should obviously be similar than skeletons so that one 1 guardian could be summoned.

Zombies to me seem like lower level creatures than skeleton warriors. So I think it would make sense thematically to be able to summon more than 1 zombie. They are slower than other summons and their attack speed is not that good. Plus since they're less resistant bladed damage, it would seem that they are less usefull to summon. Plus you gain this power directly from beliar and it is a fourth circle rune. Maybe shorten their summon time if they seem too powerfull?

Stone golems and demons are good as they are.

So to summarize my suggestion is:

- Create Skeleton (aggro)
    - Summon Demon (aggro)
    - Create Army of Darkness (not agro for reasons you mentioned)
    Geändert von Dez (19.11.2017 um 13:05 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #74 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dez Beitrag anzeigen
    Wacky,

I've been playing g2 with your patch (1.4) and I think you have done stellar work. I'm currently at the beginning of chapter 4. Been playing as a mage. I think magic system works pretty well. I'd like to offer my thoughts about the summoning system. I will try 1.5 when I've finished this game, but likely you have already released 1.6 by then. :P

I've always thought that the logic behind summoning system is that lesser creatures like goblin skeletons, zombies and wolves are easier for a mage to control than golems and demons. Maybe these creatures lack intellect or are summoned from lesser realms or something like that. However I do get your goal of balancing summoning spells due to changes you have made.

First of my suggestion is that you would weaken the goblin skeleton resistances compared to normal skeletons since they're goblins which are smaller and much weaker creatures in general than humans and thus their bones are more fragile. This could solve the problem as the summoned creature would still be cannon fodder as usual. I personally like summoning dozens of those little buggers. It's just hilarious to watch them beat trolls and orcs in pieces. When you have insane amount of Mana, this is one of the paybacks. Maybe shorten their summon time if they seem too powerful?

As for the summon wolf spell. I'd keep it as it is or perhaps make the summoned creature a bit more resistant to damage if only 1 wolf can be summoned. Then again a wolf is a pack creature. Doesn't it make sense that a mage could summon a pack of wolves?

As for skeleton warriors, I think your balance idea makes sense. They seem more deadlier after your changes. And if only 1 skeleton can be summoned army of darkness spell becomes much more interesting alternative at circle 6. Stone sentinels should obviously be similar than skeletons so that one 1 guardian could be summoned.

Zombies to me seem like lower level creatures than skeleton warriors. So I think it would make sense thematically to be able to summon more than 1 zombie. They are slower than other summons and their attack speed is not that good. Plus since they're less resistant bladed damage, it would seem that they are less useful to summon. Plus you gain this power directly from Beliar and it is a fourth circle rune. Maybe shorten their summon time if they seem too powerful?

Stone golems and demons are good as they are.

So to summarize my suggestion is:

- Create Skeleton (aggro)
    - Summon Demon (aggro)
    - Create Army of Darkness (not aggro for reasons you mentioned)
    Hey Dez! Thanks for your input and contribution, bro! I agree with your idea for differentiating summons for weaker/stronger and that they are from different places of origin, and that could influence how many of those creatures the spellcaster could control at the given moment...

...however, I have just come up with a great system that might please everyone interested: the amount of the controlled summons will be correlated to the player's level. After crossing it - the another summoned creatures above the given level will be automatically released from the clutches of their summoner's will and might react to that depending on their nature (i.e. attack them, hehe).

It would require assigning (abstract) numbers to the summons that would indicate how easy they are to control. For example:
    - Created Goblin Skeletons: 6
    - Summoned Wolves: 7
    - Created Zombies: 9
    - Created Stone Sentinels: 11
    - Created Skeletons: 14
    - Created Stone Golems: 20
    - Summoned Demons: 28
    - Created Army of Darkness (unlimited)

Now, compare that to the summoning player's level and if they, for example, have 33rd level, they could conjure a team of three Stone Sentinels, four Wolves, five Goblin Skeletons, two Skeletons, one Demon or any mix of the mentioned, using scrolls and runes, whatever they see fit. Army of Darkness would be exception from that, while the Mage Skeletons wouldn't be handicapped by any limit, because they are undead themselves?

What do you think of that? That way, someone who achieved 56th level (a fairly difficult feat, but not impossible) could summon even two Demons at once, resulting in extra incentive?

15. Beiträge anzeigen #75 Zitieren
    Benutzer, die ihr Benutzerkonto per E-Mail bestätigen müssen

Acleacius ist offline
    Thanks for your work on this mod/patch!

It's been about 5 years since I've played G2. The things I mention could be original vanilla bug/issues, Steam Gothic II Gold, using YAUP v1.5, DX11 and Vurt's Texture mod.

I'm still in chapter one but have been playing for about 25 hours, killing and doing amap before I change chapters. I'm about to start a new game because a couple of issues with quests. One main thing I noticed was, not every bookstand is giving me 25XP.

First quest issue I noticed was Lobart clothes. Even though I did all the 4 quests and bandits, he only dropped the price from 80g to 50g, instead of the original 30 gold (iirc).

Secondly there seemed to be an issue with Lares, when I tried to start "Easy way to the Monastery, it didn't offer (was still guildless).

Thirdly, when I killed the 4 wolves for Pepe, he wished/asked to punish Bullco. When I tried to talked to Bullco, there was no dialog to talk to him about it before or after I beat him down.

Another issue seemed to be with Greg (this could easily be a vanilla issue, because his dialog is strange in that he constantly cuts off dialog between the player). He didn't show up when I started fighting Dexter and the bandits. I saw him at the crossroads and gave him his loot. Then I couldn't get a dialog to take him to the tower or tell him Dexter was dead, after.

In regards to summoning, I can see limiting high level summons like golems and demons. Single summon Skeletons, should not attack each other for the same reason Army of Darkness does not. Wolves also hunt in packs, the player is just considered the packmaster, imo.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #76 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Acleacius Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks for your work on this mod/patch!

It's been about 5 years since I've played G2. The things I mention could be original vanilla bug/issues, Steam Gothic II Gold, using YAUP v1.5, DX11 and Vurt's Texture mod.

I'm still in chapter one but have been playing for about 25 hours, killing and doing amap before I change chapters. I'm about to start a new game because a couple of issues with quests. One main thing I noticed was, not every bookstand is giving me 25XP.

First quest issue I noticed was Lobart clothes. Even though I did all the 4 quests and bandits, he only dropped the price from 80g to 50g, instead of the original 30 gold (iirc).

Secondly there seemed to be an issue with Lares, when I tried to start "Easy way to the Monastery, it didn't offer (was still guildless).

Thirdly, when I killed the 4 wolves for Pepe, he wished/asked to punish Bullco. When I tried to talked to Bullco, there was no dialog to talk to him about it before or after I beat him down.

Another issue seemed to be with Greg (this could easily be a vanilla issue, because his dialog is strange in that he constantly cuts off dialog between the player). He didn't show up when I started fighting Dexter and the bandits. I saw him at the crossroads and gave him his loot. Then I couldn't get a dialog to take him to the tower or tell him Dexter was dead, after.

In regards to summoning, I can see limiting high level summons like golems and demons. Single summon Skeletons, should not attack each other for the same reason Army of Darkness does not. Wolves also hunt in packs, the player is just considered the packmaster, imo.
    Hey, my homeboy!

This thing is now attracting abstinent players as well? Good to know.

First of all: using both D3D11 renderer AND improved textures is definitely not recommended. One of these should be okay, but not both (if you need improved textures, SumpfisTexturpatch is the stuff you want; I'm using it myself, but without D3D11 renderer).

Second issue: did you use .MOD version, Overwrite version or SPINE version? Did you disable that Steam option that verifies the game's files on your disk are as the same as on Steam cloud? If not - disable it (I can't recall how it's called, because I uninstalled Steam ages ago).

Now, for some bug action:

0. Maybe you read those bookstands before? One gets the EXP only once, for each new bookstand and they repeat. Then I don't know what that could be, because here it works as it should.
    1. Lobart's starting offer is 300 gold pieces (you certainly noticed that). Doing all four things on the farm is not enough to get the lowest price - you need to be "for the peasants" and not "for the King" in the initial dialogue with Lobart (as it was in vanilla).
    2. I can't reproduce. It works as intended here. Did you exhaust ALL dialogue options with Vatras before coming to Lares? Also, one needs to talk with Lares about Water Mages and Water Ring, then ask for help to get the offer to join any guild - it's all connected to Vatras again (and it's all vanilla content/behavior).
    3. You need to get the warning from Bullco (it's about leaving the farm; the player first needs to get a warning from Sylvio for beating up his boys [it's connected to Jarvis' quest]), but before getting into a fight with the fat lad, then you need to report to Lee, and intimidate Bullco with the problems with Pepe's sheep, then one can report back to Pepe. That's the way to get EXP for the "peaceful" solution (and one can beat up Bullco anyway, after that). The option of blackmailing Bullco disappears altogether after kicking his ass. It's all the original Gothic II Gold's way.
    4. It works on here. Greg teleports to Dexter's location after the player returned to Dexter when he shouldn't. Returning Greg's buried loot back to him before going to the bandits, and reporting to the pirate that he's looking for Dexter (when asked), and telling him where Dexter can be found wouldn't hurt, certainly. It might be both graphic mods botching things as well (one can try disabling them for this single occasion, but then one would load a saved game from before going to Dexter). Anyway, one can continue to Jarkhendar as Greg should appear there anyway, after bursting into his hut.

It might be that you simply forgot what is the "correct" way to do things in this game. Five years is enough time for a lot of things to evaporate from one's mind. That happens, so worry not.

As for the summoning system - I am working on it. It will make the player's level more relevant in the grand scheme, instead of it being a unassuming indicator of general formidableness; it will be more logical that a powerful magic-user can control more creatures at the same time. You can read about it above. If that wouldn't pan out - because of various reasons - I will take your suggestions and Dez into account and restore the original system with small tweaks.

And thanks for the gameplay report, man!
    Geändert von Czudak (20.11.2017 um 18:47 Uhr)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #77 Zitieren
    Benutzer, die ihr Benutzerkonto per E-Mail bestätigen müssen

Acleacius ist offline
    Hey ya, thanks for the reply!

Yes, after restarting a new game, I've noticed several issues disappeared. Also, yes I had forgotten the bookstands repeat, so we only get XP once.

Also, disabled Vurt's because I noticed serious alignment issues in the first valley, across from Lobart's farm. I really appreciated the suggestion and will give it a try. I've noticed Lares is now showing his quest paths correctly. So it would seem all my issues were most likely conflicts from other mods. I don't use Steam Cloud but I did skip using player/mod kit because I wanted Steam to count my hours. It's not mandatory but if I can set it up, I will. DX11 does cause a crash on exit, but I didn't realize it wasn't good to use with texture upgrades too, is it conflict issues?

Yes, I'm using your .mod, should this command line be enough to activate your mod with the Steam, Gothic II Gold.exe -game:YetAnotherUnofficialPatch.ini ? Since I've had a bit of trouble getting everything setup correctly and to be on the safe side, is there a display of your mod or version number, in game?

Edit: Btw, the trouble I had was with other mods, not yours. Just in case I wasn't clear.
    Geändert von Acleacius (21.11.2017 um 01:01 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #78 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von waltc
    Deep within Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good

waltc ist offline

SO what happens if...

...I was to install your patch, then the G2D3d11 patch on top of it, and the the L'Hiver 1.1.1 on top of that?... Would there be any of your patch remaining...?

19. Beiträge anzeigen #79 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Acleacius Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey ya, thanks for the reply!

Yes, after restarting a new game, I've noticed several issues disappeared. Also, yes I had forgotten the bookstands repeat, so we only get XP once.

Also, disabled Vurt's because I noticed serious alignment issues in the first valley, across from Lobart's farm. I really appreciated the suggestion and will give it a try. I've noticed Lares is now showing his quest paths correctly. So it would seem all my issues were most likely conflicts from other mods. I don't use Steam Cloud but I did skip using player/mod kit because I wanted Steam to count my hours. It's not mandatory but if I can set it up, I will. DX11 does cause a crash on exit, but I didn't realize it wasn't good to use with texture upgrades too, is it conflict issues?

Yes, I'm using your .mod, should this command line be enough to activate your mod with the Steam, Gothic II Gold.exe -game:YetAnotherUnofficialPatch.ini ? Since I've had a bit of trouble getting everything setup correctly and to be on the safe side, is there a display of your mod or version number, in game?

Edit: Btw, the trouble I had was with other mods, not yours. Just in case I wasn't clear.
    You can read the version you're using in the .INI file. The command line is correct.

Zitat Zitat von waltc Beitrag anzeigen
    ...I was to install your patch, then the G2D3d11 patch on top of it, and the the L'Hiver 1.1.1 on top of that?... Would there be any of your patch remaining...?
    What will happen? Everything of you will be compressed into an energy being, then sucked into Vortex Well dimension, and spat out in Equestria where you will get transmogrified into an exact copy (in body and mind) of Twilight Sparkle. Then you will live happily ever after, reading books and chewing on hay all days long.

PS. It's true.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #80 Zitieren
    Apprentice

shades01 ist offline
    I see that you're still going strong (like Harad). Minor thing: there is a certain "drop" (I don't know how to describe it better) when walking over planks, as if you're dropping from height (but you're not obviously). This is noticeable on both Khorinis gates (also in first game over bridge near Old camp).

Also I must recommend this font for both games, it is awesome...
    https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...8&d=1509144195

Seite 4 von 34 « Erste 123456781115 ... Letzte »