Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 3 von 34 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 675
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von shades01 Beitrag anzeigen
    Here we go, I went through your changelog and compared it to Ironkeep Community patch (versions 1.0, 1.0a, 1,0b, 2.0 and 2.10) and found these:

- fixed the bug where Sekob was unbeatable even after becoming hostile during the "Sekob Misses His Wife" quest
    - fixed a bug where Biff would repeat a certain piece of dialogue infinitely, such that it was impossible to step away from him
    - corrected an issue where dragons would occasionally yield no trophies
    - the orc attack video will no longer crashes the game
    - fixed an issue with Samuel's trade inventory
    - fixed a bug that prevented completion of the Bandit's Tower Quest
    - Nameless will now receive experience, when adding Lester and Lares as crew members
    - changed incorrect waypoint for Orc Elites in several places in the OldWorld
    - fixed the Orc Elite AI bug.
    - fixed improperly equipped armor on certain individuals

Since you're fixing everything, could you look into these? I am fairly certain you've probably already fixed em, but just to be sure... I only experienced bugs with Sekob and Biff while playing. Thanks
    Since you're not aware, I will tell you: the changelog you posted is mostly for the bugs that modders of IronKeep "Community Patch" introduced themselves. You have read that correctly - they created those on their own accord, and none of them exist in Gothic II Notr/Gold 2.6/2.7. You should seen the "Alternative Balancing" issues they invited into the game, like killing Orcs with a single cast of the Fire Dart spell and so on.

I'm using the legit script files of original Gothic II, updated with UnPatch (as I discerned in the earlier posts) elements, and I used only one or two fixes from ICP.

EDIT: Yes, I checked the files and it's now clear that I borrowed fixes for the problems with Samuel's trading inventory (wrong name for the Ring of Fire in the scripts) and the problem with Sekob's immortality. The other bugs from the list are non-existent in YAUP.
    Geändert von Czudak (02.11.2017 um 07:48 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Dez

Dez ist offline
    Hey Wacky, you're really doing Innos work here. Keep it up!

Anyhow one tiny thing which has always bugged me is that Lord Andre is wearing the knight armor while other senior paladins are wearing the true paladin armor. Would you consider changing this small detail? After all Lord Andre is in charge of city militia and prison. I think this is a clear oversight from piranha bytes.

Also shouldn't these senior paladins have ore made paladin swords? It's kind of silly that only hero is using the blessed ore blade while other higher rank paladins use only normal (crappy) paladin weapons. Imo it would once again make more sense.
    Geändert von Dez (27.10.2017 um 00:15 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dez Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey Wacky, you're really doing Innos work here. Keep it up!

Anyhow one tiny thing which has always bugged me is that Lord Andre is wearing the knight armor while other senior paladins are wearing the true paladin armor. Would you consider changing this small detail? After all Lord Andre is in charge of city militia and prison. I think this is a clear oversight from piranha bytes.

Also shouldn't these senior paladins have ore made paladin swords? It's kind of silly that only hero is using the blessed ore blade while other higher rank paladins use only normal (crappy) paladin weapons. Imo it would once again make more sense.
    Elo und melo!

I changed the armor on Lord Andre in v1.4 and I released that version just now. However, giving the designated Knight/Paladin weapons to anyone else than the player, would force some serious scripting to prevent technical issues and/or exploiting, so it would be better for it to stay that way as it is now (the developers did know that, and that's why only the player can obtain such a blade originally). Still, I can give some knights and paladins better weaponry...

...but only in undetermined future (maybe the next year, first quarter). I pushed this release forward, because at the moment I was getting bored with the modding. It's time to return to drawing, which is my main hobby, and only after a longer while I will be able to return to the YUAP project and polish it even further.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    I updated the patch to the newer version (1.4). The changelog is included in the first post.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45 Zitieren
    Apprentice

shades01 ist offline
    Luckily for us, old school rpg players, December came early. Thanks man. Now to mastering Gothic...

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Lester1996 ist offline
    So, does this work at all with the community patches (ICP 2.1)? Or is it better just to install this one? Looks really cool

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Lester1996 Beitrag anzeigen
    So, does this work at all with the community patches (ICP 2.1)? Or is it better just to install this one? Looks really cool
    Hey, bro. You don't need any other patches and use them along with YAUP. It's a collective work (as one can discern by reading the changelog), it supersedes the ancient ICP, and it's not compatible (the ground rule for all mods) with other patches/modifications.

Thanks for reminding me that I need to add that information to the first post.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48 Zitieren
    Apprentice

shades01 ist offline
    While waiting for your 1.4 version (great work), I played G2 classic (no NotR) and I noticed that goblin weapon bug doesn't exist. So I wondered if any of other bugs fixed in regular version slipped into NotR. Could you, please, look into official changelog for G2?

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

My German skills are at 0%, so I used Google Translate, sorry about that. Thanks

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    While waiting for your 1.4 version (great work), I played G2 classic (no NotR) and I noticed that goblin weapon bug doesn't exist. So I wondered if any of other bugs fixed in regular version slipped into NotR. Could you, please, look into official changelog for G2?

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

My German skills are at 0%, so I used Google Translate, sorry about that. Thanks
    Will do. Did you play Gothic II Classic Mod (or any of its derivatives) or did you somehow manage to obtain an ancient version of the regular Gothic II?

If the first - the scripts were modified by a team of skilled modders, so you can safely assume it was their fix, not the fix of the developers.

If the second - it will be extremely useful for you to supply me with the scripts (everything from X:\Gothic II (without NotR) Directory\_WORK\DATA\SCRIPTS\*.*), please. Thanks, I knew you would do that for me.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50 Zitieren
    Apprentice

shades01 ist offline
    No mods whatsoever (as I mentioned I'm vanilla-purist guy). I used old GOG (Good Old Games) installer, which allows you to disable NotR when installing game. Additionally I just used instructions from systempack 1.7 guide for G2 without NotR:
    1. clean G2 install (no NotR), gothic2_fix-1.30.0.0.exe and G2Classic-SystemPack-1.7.exe, nothing else...

By the way, game is incredibly smooth this way (I think add on world was clumsily implemented onto basic game).
    Scripts.7z

Scripts are attached.. Cheers

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Lester1996 ist offline
    Anyway to restore the old taking damage and dying sounds for the game? Since this patch seems to affect them, I kinda prefer the old ones.
    Otherwise the patch is great! Thanks for your work

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Dez

Dez ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Wacky Beitrag anzeigen
    Elo und melo!

I changed the armor on Lord Andre in v1.4 and I released that version just now. However, giving the designated Knight/Paladin weapons to anyone else than the player, would force some serious scripting to prevent technical issues and/or exploiting, so it would be better for it to stay that way as it is now (the developers did know that, and that's why only the player can obtain such a blade originally). Still, I can give some knights and paladins better weaponry...

...but only in undetermined future (maybe the next year, first quarter). I pushed this release forward, because at the moment I was getting bored with the modding. It's time to return to drawing, which is my main hobby, and only after a longer while I will be able to return to the YUAP project and polish it even further.
    Awesome job. Thanks a lot for this! Lord Andre really deserves it!

As for those scripting problems, it does make sense... I'm no modder myself, so I didn't realize all the technical hurdles implementing it would cause. So I understand that perhaps it is best to leave it as it is. But when you return to modding, I'd not certainly object if you decided to spice up the npc paladins' weaponry. Maybe give the officers finer weapons for instance? And they don't have to be always swords... Hammers and maces are quite knightly weapons as well!

Btw installing 1.4 as we speak. Time for an other gothic 2 gold run.
    Geändert von Dez (02.11.2017 um 01:20 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #53 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Lester1996 Beitrag anzeigen
    Anyway to restore the old taking damage and dying sounds for the game? Since this patch seems to affect them, I kinda prefer the old ones.
    Otherwise the patch is great! Thanks for your work
    There is.

I will assume you're using the .MOD version, but in order to get the previous, original sounds, you would have to delete it and re-install via the Overwrite version, but you would have to NOT overwrite your current SFXINST.D and SFXINSTSPEECH.D when prompted (location is X:\Your Gothic II Directory\_WORK\DATA\SCRIPTS\SYSTEM\SFX\). The easiest way would be to save these original files you have now to some other place, then overwrite everything with the Overwrite version, then overwrite with the mentioned (SFX******.D) files you moved somewhere else. After doing all that - you would have to launch GothicStarter.exe and tick "Reparse Scripts". The game would recompile the scripts and you would have the original sounds with the fixes from this patch. Then you would be able to launch the game through regular shortcut.

Another method? You could crack open the .MOD file of this patch and add the original SFX script files from your current installation, to get what you want. You could do that with GothicVDFS.exe easily.

By the way, both solutions will enable you to continue with your currently saved games.

But if you're not willing to do that, then there is no way to retain original sounds.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #54 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Tharr

Tharr ist offline
    What I always wanted to ask and forget, in Gothic 2 NotR as an paladin, can you take the third level of runes ,Greater Healing and Destroy Evil?
    Before I go to Irdorah to fight the undead dragon, I have all the quests completed and that dude still not give me the third level runes; it is fixed with this patch? i didn't se on the description ...
    ...They call me The Wanderer...

15. Beiträge anzeigen #55 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tharr Beitrag anzeigen
    What I always wanted to ask: can you obtain the top level runes of Innos' Surge and Eradicate Evil as a paladin? Before I go to Irdorath to fight the dracolich, I would have all the quests completed, and yet the dude still won't give me the most powerful paladin runes. Is it fixed with this patch? I didn't see a mention of that in the changelog.
    EDIT: I checked the scripts twice and made super sure that the player would get both top level paladin runes without Milten (I tinkered with that possibility, but removed it altogether for the lore-friendly purposes). The healing rune is with the Orc Colonel in Khorinis (he's connected to the mission from Ingmar), so it can be obtained in the Chapter 5, while the combat rune is with the shadow king Archol in the Halls of Irdorath, so it can be obtained only in the Chapter 6.
    Geändert von Czudak (09.11.2017 um 20:48 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #56 Zitieren
    Apprentice

shades01 ist offline
    Hey man, did those scripts I attached help you in any way? Are you planing new release anytime soon?

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Hey man, did those scripts I attached help you in any way? Are you planing new release anytime soon?
    Howdey.

I'm on a break from this project, so not much of scripts-investigation has been done. Still, I can see why the non-NotR Gothic II could be faster - it has far less waypoints, characters, and everything, plus there are less errors popping up in zSpy when loading a saved game. That means the rig's CPU has much less shit to compute (waypoints, creatures, characters plus possible errors).

I will look up into it for real during the Christmas break. In the meantime - you can lay some feedback and/or convey any bugs, mistakes and inconsistencies that you have ever encountered with Gothic II Gold.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #58 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Can anyone playing Gothic II NotR/Gold, with or without this patch (but without any other modifications), tell me does Boltan say that all cells are empty when asked for visiting prisoners, even if Fernando is occupying one of them (and yet him only)?

It seems to be vanilla Gothic bug, but I corrupted my patch-testing saves, and now I can't reproduce this particular issue without starting a new game.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #59 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Since I had three days of holiday, I updated the patch to the newer version (1.5). The changelog is included in the first post, as always.

By the way, it's good to know this project gained a silent notion in the fandom. I should think about screenshots, tailored icon, and the other stuff for a proper mod, hehe.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60 Zitieren
    banned

Moe ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Wacky Beitrag anzeigen
    208. All created/summoned creatures are now hostile towards other created beings/summoned (even of the same type), and towards almost everything (living or not) else from the start, like it is with the created Stone Golems and summoned Demons (this behavior excludes the player, of course), so the limit of summoned creatures is now effectively one at any given time. The "Create Army of Darkness" spell is excluded from these limitations, so one can keep summoning those bony punks as long as they have Mana, and they won't fight each other (but will mow through everything else). Also, almost all other creatures are now hostile towards conjures/summons, put off by their (even more than usually) unnatural aura, appearance, gait, and/or scent. Skeleton Mages are not restricted with the amount of created Skeletons. At any rate, all created/summoned by the player creatures (except for Skeletons who are tough enough as they are) are more powerful than their normal versions, so it all checks out.

I think this change impacts the gameplay too much in a negative way. Please provide a version without it if possible?

I loved being able to summon a bunch of goblin skeletons to deal with orcs as a mage.
    Geändert von Moe (16.11.2017 um 19:54 Uhr)

Seite 3 von 34 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »