Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 2 von 34 « Erste 123456913 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 675
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Kyojinmaru ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Wacky Beitrag anzeigen
    I updated the patch to the newer version (1.2). The changelog is included in the first post. This time I will have a short break before releasing the newest version.
    Thanks!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22 Zitieren
    Rookie

Canes ist offline
    Heya, thanks for the great work you've done here, but I have a few questions:

- Am I right to assume this is an accumulation of fixes for G2 relased over the years, like whatever the IronKeep patch has, plus some of your own fixes?
    - Is it compatible with Gothic 2 - L'Hiver 1.1 English Edition
    - I don't suppose there's a way to create a desktop shortcut that bypasses the need to start via GothicStarter?

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Canes Beitrag anzeigen
    Heya, thanks for the great work you've done here, but I have a few questions:

- Am I right to assume this is an accumulation of fixes for G2 released over the years, like whatever the IronKeep patch has, plus some of your own fixes?
    - Is it compatible with Gothic 2 - L'Hiver 1.1 English Edition
    - I don't suppose there's a way to create a desktop shortcut that bypasses the need to start via GothicStarter?
    1. Partially correct. Most fixes/mods out there are strongly focused on adding a shit-ton of new stuff. My is mainly focused on bug-fixing and enhancing the linguistics that Piranha Bytes used in the game, without disrupting the original experience. It must be said that ~80% of this patch's contents are of my origin, so it's not exactly a "community" patch.
    2. It's not and never will be.
    3. You're right - there is not. For me. Others could know, but I don't know whom to ask. (But if you would install the patch via the alternative method and reparse [via GothicStarter_Mod.exe with the corresponding option selected] the scripts at least once - then you will be able to launch the game normally through the Gothic2.exe or a shortcut leading to it).

Now play it and leave some feedback, please. I knew you would do that for me. Thanks!
    Geändert von Czudak (11.10.2017 um 07:50 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24 Zitieren
    Apprentice Avatar von granregon

granregon ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Canes Beitrag anzeigen
    Don't worry we're probably going to implement many of this changes in our new coming version (1.1.2), so take a look on the official post for future updates.
    Of course Wacky will be credited for his hard work.
    Geändert von granregon (11.10.2017 um 13:38 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25 Zitieren
    Ranger

Vigarde ist offline
    Hi,
    I wanted to know if the "bug" with Cornelius was fixed, where you can steal his diary since act 1 mentioning Bennets imprisonment and the Seekers.
    Other than that I'd like to know how long it'll take for it to be downloadable through Spine, since the patch looks pretty good.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Vigarde Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi,
    I wanted to know if the "bug" with Cornelius was fixed, where you can steal his diary since act 1 mentioning Bennets imprisonment and the Seekers.
    Other than that I'd like to know how long it'll take for it to be downloadable through Spine, since the patch looks pretty good.
    Howdy-ho, my white nigga.

I didn't tinker around with Cornelius and his pickpocketing scripts. I can add a condition to these, so the player would be able to lift the diary from him only with the beginning of Chapter 3 (and above). You got any feedback on that? Then lay it on me.

Anyhoo, the man responsible for Spine's management will add the updated version soon (because the older one was already added to it). In the meantime, you can use the regular .MOD file from the installation section, as the saves will be compatible if you would install via the Spine later.

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #27 Zitieren
    Clockwork Origins Avatar von Bonne6

Bonne6 ist offline
    Howdy-ho, my white nigga.

I didn't tinker around with Cornelius and his pickpocketing scripts. I can add a condition to these, so the player would be able to lift the diary from him only with the beginning of Chapter 3 (and above). You got any feedback on that? Then lay it on me.

Anyhoo, the man responsible for Spine's management will add the updated version soon (because the older one was already added to it). In the meantime, you can use the regular .MOD file from the installation section, as the saves will be compatible if you would install via the Spine later.
    I'm already on it, will be done in a few minutes

EDIT: Done.
    Geändert von Bonne6 (14.10.2017 um 13:19 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28 Zitieren
    Ranger

Vigarde ist offline
    I can add a condition to these, so the player would be able to lift the diary from him only with the beginning of Chapter 3 (and above).
    I think that'd be the perfect solution.

It's kinda embarrassing to ask but since I can't find the patch anywhere on Spine can I assume it's already integrated into the game when I start any mod that isn't a total conversion?

9. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #29 Zitieren

Bonne6 ist offline

It's kinda embarrassing to ask but since I can't find the patch anywhere on Spine can I assume it's already integrated into the game when I start any mod that isn't a total conversion?
    [Bild: YAUP_Screen.PNG]

Have you changed your language in Spine? It has to be English to see the mod.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30 Zitieren
    Fighter Avatar von Tharr

Tharr ist offline
    Hello Wacky,
    After you're satisfied with the bug-fixing the original game, do you think you will start to expand the game with new stories, new guild, maybe import the L'Hiver and Westeland mods to expand the world, etc... ?

Looking at your bug-fixes I wander if the useless ring that Xardas give you when return from VoM and tell him about seekers should not be a "dark lord proof" ring, protecting you from possession and the damage at Beliar's altar when improve the Claw of Beliar.

And a question regarding your modification so far:
    In the vanilla G3NotR there was an annoying bug where the traders after shoeing you the inventory it will switch their weapons withe the best one that can he wield from inventory, did you fix that?
    In vanilla G2NotR most of the time I go for 60 dext and then go to Martin, the provision master to take the master sword, but if I check his inventory and not buy the weapon ...surprise, he wields it next time ...
    Going for 60 dext is a good strategy until you build enough strength to wield a nice strong sword , additionally you earn enough exp from stealing and you don't brake so many lock-picks anymore .
    ...They call me The Wanderer...
    Geändert von Tharr (15.10.2017 um 12:17 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31 Zitieren
    Ranger

Vigarde ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bonne6 Beitrag anzeigen
    Have you changed your language in Spine? It has to be English to see the mod.
    Got it, but shouldn't it be available in all languages, since it says "compatible with all game/language versions"?
    Zitat Zitat von Tharr Beitrag anzeigen
    143. Now all merchants (except Juan) in the game will unequip their wielded weapons when asked for a trade. One would have to exit the conversation and ask for a trade again, for said weapons to appear in the inventory, though. This way the player can look at the goods with impunity and will be always able to buy anything they saw or buy back what they once sold, if the merchant equipped it. Also made sure that all merchants start equipped with a rather generic weaponry. That feat might be dangerous in a couple of cases... both for the player and the merchant, depending on the situation. But ultimately, it should depend on the player what they would do with this possibility, aye?
    Geändert von Vigarde (15.10.2017 um 21:29 Uhr)

12. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #32 Zitieren

Bonne6 ist offline
    Got it, but shouldn't it be available in all languages, since it says "compatible with all game/language versions"?
    It modifies the scripts, so it isn't. Every non English player would have English texts in the modification, that's why it is listed in the English database only Of course everybody still can change the language and play it if he knows what he's doing.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    I will add two pickpocketing scripts to Cornelius - one for Chapter 1-2 (gold) and second - for Chapter 3-5 (the diary). But that possibility will be available only with the next version. I should release it in a month.

It is compatible with all versions, but one would have English texts with the voice-over in the language of their original Gothic II NotR installation. That is a compatibility. Don't tell me you thought that I implemented several (big!) voice-over/text files for all language versions of Gothic II in a 2.4 MB mod? Additionally, that was a technical note - while I can request you to install tools from the Installation section of this thread, to make sure the patch will work flawlessly (on the technical level) - the Spine's author is surely unable to do so via his application, and I bet the manager doesn't check for those tools.

Zitat Zitat von Tharr Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello Wacky,
    After you're satisfied with the bug-fixing the original game, do you think you will start to expand the game with new stories, new guild, maybe import the L'Hiver and Wasteland mods to expand the world, etc.?

Looking at your bug-fixes I wonder if the useless ring that Xardas give you when return from VoM and tell him about seekers should not be a "dark lord proof" ring, protecting you from possession and the damage at Beliar's altar when improve the Claw of Beliar.

And a question regarding your modification so far:
    In the vanilla G3NotR there was an annoying bug where the traders after shoeing you the inventory it will switch their weapons withe the best one that can he wield from inventory, did you fix that?
    In vanilla G2NotR most of the time I go for 60 dext and then go to Martin, the provision master to take the master sword, but if I check his inventory and not buy the weapon ...surprise, he wields it next time ...
    Going for 60 dext is a good strategy until you build enough strength to wield a nice strong sword , additionally you earn enough exp from stealing and you don't brake so many lock-picks anymore .
    Heyah banana!

I'm solely focused on polishing and bug-fixing now, bro. I don't plan on incorporating any elements/content from L'Hiver or Wasteland mods in any predictable future. I have an idea for a semi-long adventure with Amazons in the VoM, but that's not for this year or even the next.

Looking through the scripts, it shows that Xardas doesn't supply the player with any ring AFTER his return from the Valley of Mines. He gives the standard ring of minor magic protection, and it is available even in the Chapter 1, as it always was (even in original Gothic II). It's a trinket, not a powerful artifact, so it's going to stay that way. One needs to feel the pain of confrontation with the Seekers and that permanent drain of Health, when upgrading The Claw of Beliar, man.

I fixed the problem, with the merchants equipping their best weapons from their trading inventory, by making them remove those when asked for a trade. However, you would have to ask TWICE for a trade, for those weapons to appear correctly among the goods (it cannot be done in any other way without installation of 3rd party scripting tools, like LeGo or Agama). This way - yes, you can get the Master Sword (renamed to "Koncerz" in this patch) from Martin now, if you looked at his merchandise and he equipped the blade. You just need to ask for a trade, exit and ask again (or sell/buy something during the first ask; I bet you will understand how it all works yourself, if you would use this patch).
    Geändert von Czudak (16.10.2017 um 10:46 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34 Zitieren
    Apprentice

shades01 ist offline
    Hey man, I registered to thank you for a great patch and few questions...

1. I previously used Gothic2 ICPv2.41. Did you implement any of their bugfixes?
    2. What about fixes from http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...2-Gold-UnPatch ?
    3. I noticed that every goblin drops a stick after being defeated, but there's always another one in their inventory. Do you consider it a bug?
    4. If I play now with 1.3 version, are future versions savegame compatible?

Again, thanks for great work. I'm kinda vanilla - purist gaming guy, but overall I like your subtle changes...

Cheers

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von shades01 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey man, I registered to thank you for a great patch and few questions...

1. I previously used Gothic2 ICPv2.41. Did you implement any of their bugfixes?
    2. What about fixes from http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...2-Gold-UnPatch ?
    3. I noticed that every goblin drops a stick after being defeated, but there's always another one in their inventory. Do you consider it a bug?
    4. If I play now with 1.3 version, are future versions savegame compatible?

Again, thanks for great work. I'm kinda vanilla - purist gaming guy, but overall I like your subtle changes...

Cheers
    Aye, my main man!

1. Two fixes or so. Can't recall which ones, but something of minor importance.
    2. This patch is based on that patch, so everything is in place. That could be discerned by reading the changelog and credits.
    3. A bug, but I cannot fix it without application of Ikarus/LeGo or AST - and both are complicated scripting tools, and I don't have time to teach myself how to work with those.
    4. Very unlikely, because of new addition (don't ask). However, I won't release v1.4 until the early December, so you would have enough of time to finish your current play and then start a new.

Good to hear. Stay tuned, and in the meantime - dance to In Extremo's Gothic blasts.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36 Zitieren
    Apprentice

shades01 ist offline
    Thanks for quick reply. I noticed two things over the years. At first farm you can lower the price of farmer clothes, but I could never drop it to 30 gold, even if I did everything farmer asked of me (bandits, wine, pan, turnips). I could get it to only 40 gold. And second, master Thorben thanked me for solving his problem even I forced the woman in his house to give me her money (I didn't pay myself). I know these are minor, but there you are...

Again, thanks. I just skimmed through your changelog, so if you already fixed those, nevermind...

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Thanks for quick reply. I noticed two things over the years. At first farm you can lower the price of farmer clothes, but I could never drop it to 30 gold, even if I did everything farmer asked of me (bandits, wine, pan, turnips). I could get it to only 40 gold. And second, master Thorben thanked me for solving his problem even I forced the woman in his house to give me her money (I didn't pay myself). I know these are minor, but there you are...

Again, thanks. I just skimmed through your changelog, so if you already fixed those, nevermind...
    Lad, to get the clothes' price lowered to that level, you'd need to tell Lobart that you're "I'm for the peasants!" - in addition to those four conditions you mentioned above - when he addresses you initially (the talk about sides). Only then you would get them for 30 gold (or the recalculated price in this patch).

And that situation with Thorben is logical, because you can force money out of Gritta and pay Matteo, and the carpenter interprets this as you helping him. You would know what I mean, if you would grab the money from the woman first and instead of paying the debt, you would have a chat with Thorben about his niece having this money - all dialogue options in that case (saying you will pay the debt or returning the money) end with him interpreting them as positive outcomes.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Cheers
    Good tidings, my fellow. I managed to fix that issue (among a load of others) and it will be available in the next release (v1.4).

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39 Zitieren
    Apprentice

shades01 ist offline
    You sir, are gentleman... If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #40 Zitieren
    Apprentice

shades01 ist offline
    Here we go, I went through your changelog and compared it to Ironkeep Community patch (versions 1.0, 1.0a, 1,0b, 2.0 and 2.10) and found these:

- fixed the bug where Sekob was unbeatable even after becoming hostile during the "Sekob Misses His Wife" quest
    - fixed a bug where Biff would repeat a certain piece of dialogue infinitely, such that it was impossible to step away from him
    - corrected an issue where dragons would occasionally yield no trophies
    - the orc attack video will no longer crashes the game
    - fixed an issue with Samuel's trade inventory
    - fixed a bug that prevented completion of the Bandit's Tower Quest
    - Nameless will now receive experience, when adding Lester and Lares as crew members
    - changed incorrect waypoint for Orc Elites in several places in the OldWorld
    - fixed the Orc Elite AI bug.
    - fixed improperly equipped armor on certain individuals

Since you're fixing everything, could you look into these? I am fairly certain you've probably already fixed em, but just to be sure... I only experienced bugs with Sekob and Biff while playing. Thanks

Seite 2 von 34 « Erste 123456913 ... Letzte »