Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 28 von 34 « Erste ... 1721242526272829303132 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 541 bis 560 von 675
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #541 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zhadoom Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi,

I've discovered some bugs/unintended effect(?) in my playthrough:

1. When learning runes I got to learn goblin rune at first circle and summon wolf at second one from karras.
    2. Goblin summoning limit seems to be not 6 as stated. At level 21 I can not summon 3 but only 2 before they get hostile. I've also had this happen with summon wolf at 5 wolves. Not sure if somehow the game value is different then the hidden summoning value.
    3. In the changelog it says for a sneak attack the enemy must be unaware but if one pops a speed potion and runs directly behind a troll (while it makes the gesture with both arms held high) one can attack and get a sneak attack off. Not sure if this one is intended since trolls are really tough now and this leaves a viable option (albeit at a cost of a speed tonic). This can also be repeated by running away and doing it again. which makes trolls actually easier than in the base game in my opinion.
    4. Regeneration of black troll seems to have been removed?
    5. Also if one pops several elixirs there is a chance for it to not be consumed, I haven't found anything if this is an old bug or a newly introduced one. Also it doesn't seem to be consistent.

Kind regards
    Zhad
    Tank you for the feedback.

1. Fixed for v2.6.
    2. Can't reproduce on both cases; works as intended for me, with 3 goblin skeletons and 5 wolves at character level 21. Did you use transformation spell scrolls, and gained some levels while transformed perhaps?
    3. Fixed for v2.6 for all NPCs and all sneak attacks.
    4. Black troll's vitality regeneration was never there in the original game (seems like confusion with either The Returning or L'Hiver).
    5. This is the ancient bug from the original game. The same can happen with any consumable, including food or stone tablets. I don't know what causes it or is it going to ever be fixed (I can't).

2. Beiträge anzeigen #542 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Zhadoom ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Czudak Beitrag anzeigen
    Tank you for the feedback.

1. Fixed for v2.6.
    2. Can't reproduce on both cases; works as intended for me, with 3 goblin skeletons and 5 wolves at character level 21. Did you use transformation spell scrolls, and gained some levels while transformed perhaps?
    3. Fixed for v2.6 for all NPCs and all sneak attacks.
    4. Black troll's vitality regeneration was never there in the original game (seems like confusion with either The Returning or L'Hiver).
    5. This is the ancient bug from the original game. The same can happen with any consumable, including food or stone tablets. I don't know what causes it or is it going to ever be fixed (I can't).
    2. Hmm, I definetly remember using firelizard as well as dragon snapper to clear most of the easy enemies in khorinis. Probably at least 2-3 Levels if I would need to guess.
    4. Might be my false memory.
    5. I've noticed this does happen more often when a speed tonic and or the drunk effect of beer/gin/etc is running out while one is trying to eat/drink items within inventory. Sometimes the character is left with the item in hand (i can definetly reproduce this with spamming gin). Not sure if this might be related to it.

Also thanks for the quick response.
    Overall real cool mod

Kind regards
    Zhad

3. Beiträge anzeigen #543 Zitieren
    Apprentice

agris ist offline
    OK, my niqqa, it is wrap up time for this whole affair: use fullscreen ("BorderlessWindow = 0" in SystemPack.ini), don't ALT-TAB, and use compatibility mode with Win XP SP3. And perhaps setting Gothic2.exe to only one monitor in the graphic card's control panel would be beneficial as well (I have no details for that since I have one exclusive display). All the rest seems irrelevant, as you determined yourself (includes the "Win10AmdFix", since it is for that one particular update for Windows 10 only). I will push your observations forward to Union's developers, so all this hard work of yours won't go to waste.

Now, are you satisfied with the outcome?
    Thank you. Just so you understand, using all of those settings still results in the game crashing when loading a quicksave. It just lets me load a few more times before the crash appears.

I appreciate your work, but I can't play like that. I'll have to give one of the union alternatives a try.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #544 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von agris Beitrag anzeigen
    Thank you. Just so you understand, using all of those settings still results in the game crashing when loading a quicksave. It just lets me load a few more times before the crash appears.

I appreciate your work, but I can't play like that. I'll have to give one of the union alternatives a try.
    But you said it worked like that a few posts ago:

I did not have compatibility mode enabled, and as soon as I launched YAUP with it enabled (Win XP SP3), I noticed that my portrait-mode monitor went blank, and the bug did not manifest. I died and quickloaded from death over and over again, no crashing. Yay!
    It worked back then, when you had it fullscreen (so no any windowed mode) and didn't ALT-TAB, plus enabled the compatibility mode; and, of course, since we worked it out in even earlier posts, in .VDF format for the mod's archive directly in the DATA folder. And now it doesn't?

Besides, you reported crashes don't occur if you load from the main menu, hence this is much easier to do that than look for alternatives.

However, if you would find them, don't forget to post any reports about their application, please. I'm sure they would be most interesting, coming from someone as meticulous and consistent as you. Thanks!
    Geändert von Czudak (18.05.2020 um 20:23 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #545 Zitieren
    Apprentice

agris ist offline
    But you said it worked like that a few posts ago
    Ah, I thought I cleared that up in the edits. No, that initial report was just temporary. Even when I can trick the game to launch with the monitor disabled, no alt-tabbing, .vdf etc... the game only survives 4 quickloads from death before crashing.

If I discover something else, I will let you know. Is this a common problem for people with multiple displays?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #546 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zhadoom Beitrag anzeigen
    2. Hmm, I definitely remember using fire lizard as well as dragon snapper to clear most of the easy enemies in Khorinis. Probably at least 2-3 Levels if I would need to guess.
    4. Might be my false memory.
    5. I've noticed this does happen more often when a speed tonic and or the drunk effect of beer/gin/etc is running out while one is trying to eat/drink items within inventory. Sometimes the character is left with the item in hand (i can definitely reproduce this with spamming gin). Not sure if this might be related to it.

Also thanks for the quick response.
    Overall real cool mod

Kind regards
    Zhad
    2. I will put a double check in place for leveling up, so the summon thing would correctly count all levels in the formula.

5. And as I said, this is an ancient bug. Maybe someone from Union or SystemPack team is going to fix it at some point, because that definitely is going to need some "hooking" or stuff.

Overall, really useful feedback.

Regards of best,
    Czudak

7. Beiträge anzeigen #547 Zitieren
    Rookie

Sludek26 ist offline

Food benefits

Hi guys
    I am now playing the YAUP 2.5 and I noticed that if I eat 25 apples or 25 dark mashrooms, there is no bonus to strenght nor to mana. Are these benefits gained from eating certain type of from vanilla game not active? Or is there a mistake somewhere in my installation?

Next thing I noticed is, that brewing potions, especially those with permanent bonus seems really LP demanding to me. I think it is 20 LP to learn strenght/dexerity/ potion, and the fact is, it increases your stats only +3. Which compared to how many potions you can actually brew seem to me like a not very convenient tradeoff.

Thank you for comments

8. Beiträge anzeigen #548 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sludek26 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi guys
    I am now playing the YAUP 2.5 and I noticed that if I eat 25 apples or 25 dark mushrooms, there is no bonus to Strength nor to Mana. Are these benefits gained from eating certain type of from vanilla game not active? Or is there a mistake somewhere in my installation?

Next thing I noticed is, that brewing potions, especially those with permanent bonus seems really LP demanding to me. I think it is 20 LP to learn strenght/dexerity/ potion, and the fact is, it increases your stats only +3. Which compared to how many potions you can actually brew seem to me like a not very convenient tradeoff.

Thank you for comments
    You will get Mana from dark mushrooms only after consuming 50 pieces (like it was in the original game). And there's no way you won't get this permanent Strength bonus upon eating 25 apples, except for a direct divine intervention, so please confirm you really did eat 25 pieces and didn't get the bonus.

Also, 25 LPs for permanent elixirs for Strength and Dexterity stays as it was, but I lowered the LPs cost for permanent elixirs of Health and Mana in v2.6 to 16 LPs each.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #549 Zitieren
    Rookie

Sludek26 ist offline
    I have noticed a minor bug, I bought a spellscroll - summon stone golem, and when I used it, I summoned the golem but instead of helping me with the enemies, he immediately attacked me. Next time I used it again, everything was all right and the golem attacked the opponents. So I am a bit confused with that.

And unfortunately there has been another problem with running the game, specifically when loading the game. When my character dies during gameplay, and I want to load the game, access violation occurs and game crashes. I have to restart the game, then it loads no problem. Any ideas how to solve this?
    I also noticed that as the time goes by, during the gameplay the game freezes for a half second, and generally everything is a bit slower then in the beginning of the gameplay. I know my hardware setup is pretty weak, nevertheless I consider this weird that with the longer gameplay it running of the game is getting worse.

I´ll add the screenshot of the error in attempt to load saved game.
    Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken error 5.jpg  

10. Beiträge anzeigen #550 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sludek26 Beitrag anzeigen
    I have noticed a minor bug, I bought a spellscroll - summon stone golem, and when I used it, I summoned the golem but instead of helping me with the enemies, he immediately attacked me. Next time I used it again, everything was all right and the golem attacked the opponents. So I am a bit confused with that.

And unfortunately there has been another problem with running the game, specifically when loading the game. When my character dies during gameplay, and I want to load the game, access violation occurs and game crashes. I have to restart the game, then it loads no problem. Any ideas how to solve this?
    I also noticed that as the time goes by, during the gameplay the game freezes for a half second, and generally everything is a bit slower then in the beginning of the gameplay. I know my hardware setup is pretty weak, nevertheless I consider this weird that with the longer gameplay it running of the game is getting worse.

I´ll add the screenshot of the error in attempt to load saved game.
    The thing with the stone golem spell scroll works as intended and it's detailed out in the FAQ why is that (I'm 100% sure you gained in some levels between the attempts, that's why it worked on the second try). Possible fixes about the crashes can be found in the mod's intro and the FAQ as well. Also, I never experienced a "cumulative over time slowdown" error or had reports about it, so I don't know; maybe you could tinker with .INIs and AA/AF (some tips and tricks for that are in the FAQ).

11. Beiträge anzeigen #551 Zitieren
    Knight Commander Avatar von AngelOfGothic

AngelOfGothic ist offline
    So where is Trokar? I got a clue that he is DOWN at the harbor,but no one tells me anything:Kardiff,Fenia,Martin,Lares and others...i know where i can find him,but i can't seem to get the next clue to the cave.What i am missing?
    Also i gave the fish guy the incriminating note,I joined the thieves guild, but i can still put him in jail when i talk with Andre.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #552 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von guru666

guru666 ist offline
    Hy,
    Just found out this mode not long time ago (2-3 weeks), from utube as a gothic fan had to try this mod as well and finished the mode /game not long time ago have to say this is the best mode ever made for gothic 2 def. my favorite so far loved it, u stayed faithful to the game yet added things that they are like part of the original game not to talk about the tons of bugs that u fixed a HUGE MASSIVE thank you and thumps up for u creating the mod and actually being active and improving the mode. as i said i finished the game as militiaman /paladin and maybe im gonna try and start a new one as a mage . what i missed from the mode:
    maybe in future versions of the game if u could add new/old armor just for nostalgic reasons like old camp guards armor the light and medium one for bandit camp (medium is present but only for npc and not for player.
    new weapons sure u are working on it, but im thinking about weapons that are dealing magical dmg or fire like in gothic 1 the uriziel but of course not like a unbeatble end game weapon.
    but the best option would be to the game is like the bonuses from innos shrine like to have option in bulk getting those bonuses and not only once per day( just like u implemented multiple potion brewing or frying meat) what i mean is like praying once maybe for lets say double or more for the initial price (right now its like 200 per atribute mana/str/dex) and getting all bonuses for 4000-5000 gold if not more for the +extra 10 str dex. ended up the game with more then 30k in gold.
    other than that i loved the game and again a huge thank you for u doing this mode, wish u all the best .

13. Beiträge anzeigen #553 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von AngelOfGothic Beitrag anzeigen
    So where is Trokar? I got a clue that he is DOWN at the harbor, but no one tells me anything: Kardiff, Fenia, Martin, Lares and others... I know where I can find him, but I can't seem to get the next clue to the cave. What I am missing?

Also i gave the fish guy the incriminating note,I joined the thieves guild, but i can still put him in jail when i talk with Andre.
    I added the clue to his whereabouts in v2.6 once you defeated the shady city guard (a note). Since this is a "restored" quest for the original Gothic II NotR, where Trokar was a plot hole of sort, I initially didn't think about adding many "quest stages", save Bartok, city guards and Andre. The note should clarify the hunter's supposed location, and the shady city guard also has a different dialog tree if the quest is active in v2.6.

Also, I fixed that bug for v2.6; though, I remember the dialog option was there but you actually could NOT put Halvor behind the bars without the note.

Zitat Zitat von guru666 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hy,
    Just found out this mode not long time ago (2-3 weeks), from utube as a gothic fan had to try this mod as well and finished the mode /game not long time ago have to say this is the best mode ever made for gothic 2 def. my favorite so far loved it, u stayed faithful to the game yet added things that they are like part of the original game not to talk about the tons of bugs that u fixed a HUGE MASSIVE thank you and thumps up for u creating the mod and actually being active and improving the mode. as i said i finished the game as militiaman /paladin and maybe im gonna try and start a new one as a mage . what i missed from the mode:
    maybe in future versions of the game if u could add new/old armor just for nostalgic reasons like old camp guards armor the light and medium one for bandit camp (medium is present but only for npc and not for player.
    new weapons sure u are working on it, but im thinking about weapons that are dealing magical dmg or fire like in gothic 1 the uriziel but of course not like a unbeatble end game weapon.
    but the best option would be to the game is like the bonuses from innos shrine like to have option in bulk getting those bonuses and not only once per day( just like u implemented multiple potion brewing or frying meat) what i mean is like praying once maybe for lets say double or more for the initial price (right now its like 200 per atribute mana/str/dex) and getting all bonuses for 4000-5000 gold if not more for the +extra 10 str dex. ended up the game with more then 30k in gold.
    other than that i loved the game and again a huge thank you for u doing this mode, wish u all the best .
    I poured many hours into it in order to not make it look like some cheap shot at modding Gothic II NotR. xD Thank you for noticing.

I will add some "old new" armors to some NPCs, but not many, since I don't want to create a "bridge mod of Gothic and Gothic II NotR that connects both games", like many other mods aimed at. And that because I know I will fail right from the start, like many before me, because of the neverending "what is canon and what is fanon".

The weapons dealing magic damage are problematic because 80% of NPCs and monsters have magic protection on shit level, as anyone who played spells hurling mage can ascertain (and before this point is raised: orcs and lizardmen and demons and trolls and golems are in the rest 20%). Plus, taking the combat mechanic in the game into account, 100 Strength or Dexterity would mean 100 magic damage (and let's not forget about the weapon's own magic damage), which would obliterate many monsters in two shots. That being said I have a clever approach for two (or more) weapons dealing magic and/or fire damage, but they won't appear soon (and definitely not for v2.6).

I can't implement "bulk blessings", because they won't calculate properly in the scripts and that will cause bugs with the new training system. It could be done with the old one, but not anymore. So, I can have the bulk blessings or the fixed learning points system... we both know what it's going to be.

As for the gold, there will be items to spend it on, since I will be gradually implementing all those new "crafting" (like armors, bows, crossbows, jewelry and shit). As for now, the general gold amount is roughly the same as in the vanilla game.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #554 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    SHAMELESS SELF ADVERTISING: the article listing new foodstuffs, juices, and ointments came to ModDb.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #555 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Alrighty. I finalized two aspects of the new content for version 2.6: new foodstuffs and restored/new helmets/hooded robes/circlets. To be read on ModDb.

Next on the menu: shields and their animations (hint: slightly revamped Universal Shield Combat System).

16. Beiträge anzeigen #556 Zitieren
    Apprentice

aelaki ist offline
    Hello!
    How can I Kill the trolls and the black troll as a paladin or mercenary?

17. Beiträge anzeigen #557 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von aelaki Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello!
    How can I Kill the trolls and the black troll as a paladin or mercenary?
    Just punch them very hard. Plus use maximum Health increasing accessories. And the most powerful spell scrolls too to weaken the hulking brutes before engaging. Or speed tonics and dash around them, hit, then scatter away before they can retaliate. Or do whatever it takes, even if that means luring Pyrokar himself near to a troll's location so he can incinerate its ass with the runic incantations (he seriously hates trolls).
    Geändert von Czudak (27.06.2020 um 20:17 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #558 Zitieren
    Neuling

luckee66 ist offline
    Hey! First of all, thank you very much for this great mod! Thanks to it I got another playthrough of Gothic II on my hands. I have two small questions, you mention in the changelog that you can scare pillagers at Akil's and Bengar's farms (mercenaries/militia respectively), but is there a way to get scrolls of fear in chapter one? I thought they only start appearing with merchants in Ch3 and I don't think they appear in any chests in-game.
    And also, is Valentino's key only pickpocketable now? I beat him up, but he didn't have the key on him.

Thanks for your great work!
    Geändert von luckee66 (28.06.2020 um 07:37 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #559 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von luckee66 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey! First of all, thank you very much for this great mod! Thanks to it I got another playthrough of Gothic II NotR on my hands. I have two small questions, you mention in the changelog that you can scare pillagers at Akil's and Bengar's farms (mercenaries/militia respectively), but is there a way to get scrolls of Fear in the Chapter 1? I thought they only start appearing with merchants in Ch3 and I don't think they appear in any chests in-game.

And also, is Valentino's key only pickpocketable now? I beat him up, but he didn't have the key on him.

Thanks for your great work!
    I believe it will be high time to call it "addon mod" from v2.6 on and not a "patch".

You can grab some Fear spell scrolls in the Chapter 2 in the Valley of Mines or Jarkhendar with some exploration, and since scaring away both groups can be done even up to the Chapter 3 ("Rick'n'Rumbold" group can be done later if you would select roughing up Sekob for the merc's initiating task), you can do that in the following Chapters. However, I added a single spell scroll with this incantation to Zuris for the next release, so if the player wants to solve one group this way, they will have such a possibility without waiting for the Chapter 2 or 3 (or they can use it for something else).

And yes, that's the thing with Valentino. The same with a few other items related to side (and one main {Cornelius}) quests too.
    Geändert von Czudak (28.06.2020 um 11:36 Uhr)

20. Beiträge anzeigen #560 Zitieren
    Neuling

Ektufall_ ist offline

YAAA

Hi all!

@Czudak I remove my hat in your honor ! Thanks for keeping Gothic 2 alive for those of us who enjoy her majesty's overrated language as our main possion!

Been stalking progress of YAUP (or should we call it no YAAA - Yet another adorning addon ? ) since 2018, when I got my itch for Gothic yet again - in one word great stuff!

Few things though :

I would really appreciate if changelog had few hints :

1. Hint that there are a, b, ,c and so forth quests added
    a. As when I am playing with fire in game, I would love to know that there could be more to shiny sea shell than meets the eye
    2. Which version of russian unofficial patch https://worldofplayers.ru/threads/36817/ is implemented in current version of YAUP.
    b. As being able to read their changelogs (without google), I would love to see which changes are in YAUP , which are not

Although I am not the marketing audience of shield, helmet additions , I appreciate the love you share for Gothic . Keep it coming [Bild: s_072.gif]

On bugs/suggestions :

In 2.5 found that if I take 200g from Lehmar , wait 2 days , beat the trio up , then take Lares offer for Lehmar eventually when I am able to pickpocket Lehmar - he does not voice his line if I knew who stole it .

Would appreciate if jewelry could be able to stack, as finding 2 identical rings makes me wonder if they are really identical when scrolling past first or second ring.

Letter to Vatras from Brago - can the journal entry be added on pickup of letter not the opening of said letter? As the journal entry says nothing about contents of letter and opening it during quest is bad for your (exp.) health .

In regards of journal entry's it would be nice if every quest had a line when quest starts ( as it is now) but also a line when quest ends - now they closes but if in few chapters you have amnesia you can not determine if quest was done properly via quest journal. I know it is pain to add such thing almost all quests does not have proper closing journal entry, but still if there is such possibility in development map it would be great.

P.S. How much in percentage are left at the border form russian patch? Changes they implement, but you do not approve or changes they make but you already made them in YAUP? Just curious as I see the pattern.

Btw you probably will hunt me down with rusty spoon as all your carefully laid plans on gold amount is lost on me in regards of guilds , as since from 2006 or 2008 my Gothic itch includes 1 playthrough with Nameless nosing around in all three guilds at once [Bild: s_072.gif]
    Geändert von Ektufall_ (10.07.2020 um 15:46 Uhr)

Seite 28 von 34 « Erste ... 1721242526272829303132 ... Letzte »