Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 17 von 34 « Erste ... 6101314151617181920212428 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 321 bis 340 von 675
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #321 Zitieren
    Apprentice

gogcho ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Czudak Beitrag anzeigen
    Nigga, I stated that you should launch GothicStarter.exe to play the mod in the installation guide. And how come you (and the others) decided to use GothicStarter_Mod.exe is a mystery to me, especially when there is the SystemPack option for windowed mode that uses modern patching-over-bytes in the memory fix instead of using the ancient solution(s) for windowed mode for Gothic 2 executable. Anyway, try the solution above, from the post #316, before escalating into the full whine mode, OK?

Both ways (through GothicStarter_Mod.exe and that ancient zStartupWindowed=1 entry in Gothic.ini) are discouraged. There is SystemPack/Union option for the borderless windowed mode that's much better optimized and safer than the old solutions from Gothic 2 executable. Use it instead.
    Listen boy, I don't want to start any beef, and I am definitely not whining. And yes, you have indeed written in the installation guide to launch the game from GothicStarter.exe.

Advice: write it in big ass letters (the same letters you used for DX11 renderer incompatibility) so that everyone can see.

Good luck with your mod

edit: Thanks for the help, it didn't work. My cause is lost, so for future players of your mod, write it in big ass letters just in case. It is still my fault, not saying otherwise, but I want to save the trouble for future players. I won't be coming to these forums again.
    Geändert von gogcho (16.08.2019 um 19:29 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #322 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von gogcho Beitrag anzeigen
    Listen boy, I don't want to start any beef, and I am definitely not whining. And yes, you have indeed written in the installation guide to launch the game from GothicStarter.exe.

Advice: write it in big ass letters (the same letters you used for DX11 renderer incompatibility) so that everyone can see.

Good luck with your mod

edit: Thanks for the help, it didn't work. My cause is lost, so for future players of your mod, write it in big ass letters just in case. It is still my fault, not saying otherwise, but I want to save the trouble for future players. I won't be coming to these forums again.
    Calm down, daddio. The main rule is still in the play: no one takes anything personally, remember?

Send me your saved games (all of them), please and I will try debug them, so your investment wouldn't go to waste. At the very least, those will help me with understanding what's really going on. Can I count on you?

3. Beiträge anzeigen #323 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Rodrigues ist offline
    Why would GothicStarter_mod.exe be worse or not recommended? This is the first time I hear of it.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #324 Zitieren
    General Avatar von Roland54

Roland54 ist offline
    I send you a link to the german text about it:
    in german

and a google- translation:

This version of the GothicStarter (GothicStarter_mod.exe) is aimed at developers of mods. It offers virtually the same features as the starter for Gothic I, but has a slightly more confortable GUI.

Following versions provides this version of the starter:

Parsing scripts: Script files (* .src, * .d) must be parsed and linked to DAT files so that Gothic can do something with them. The action "reparse all" does this. When starting GOTHIC, all source files (* .src) specified in the GothicMOD-INI are parsed and current DAT files created. To diagnose faults, the Spy and the SpyLogging should be activated (as with all other actions).
    Window mode: To test Gothic II and above all to observe the zSpy at the same time (see zSpy documentation), it makes sense to start Gothic II in the window. In the game you can achieve this by pressing the F3 key in devmode ("Marvin Mode").

Disable music: Synonymous with the nosound option, this checkbox deactivates the music system.
    Deactivate sound: This deactivates the sound system of Gothic. Even in the game sound is then no longer activated. This option is only recommended to get a (small) speed advantage in gothic startup and gaming when testing a MOD. You may also be able to locate problems with the soundcard.
    Construct textures: With this option you can achieve the same as with "convert all", but Gothic restricts itself to all textures. If you use this option, you should first remove all TGAs from the _work \ Data \ Textures directory that you have not changed! Otherwise, this process takes a long time and can even lead to crashes.
    Convent Data: When enabled, Gothic will convert raw files (such as TGA) at runtime if necessary, if there is no converted version (e.g., TEX). So you change, for example, a TGA, and deletes before the next start of GOTHIC the corresponding TEX file in the Compiled directory, then the next time you use this texture in the game a current TEX file is created. Unfortunately, this does not work with multi-textures (see ZenGin documentation on textures). Do you have such a texture, e.g. If you've changed a face or body texture, you'll need to use the Convert Textures parameter!
    Convent everything: This option forces Gothic to completely convert all raw data in the GOTHIC directory. So you can use it to convert all textures, meshes and animations (TGAs, 3DS, ASC) into Gothic internal formats (like TEX, MRM, MAN, etc.). The converted files end up in the respective COMPILED directory. This can be used to ensure that all modified raw data is actually in a converted form before the release of a MOD, if a large number of different data have been changed. Also with this option one should remove all raw data from the respective directories, which one did not change.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #325 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Okay, so far four users reported issues with this mod and every time it was an "Assertion Failed" error connected to the Valley of Mines in some way (entering or leaving it).

1. Each user was using the Steam version of Gothic II NotR/Gold (presumably; confirmed in the three cases, so I'm guessing with the last one).
    2. Each user was using English version of the game (presumably; confirmed only in one case).
    3. Each user was using the UNION installation method (presumably; confirmed in the three cases, so I'm guessing with the last one).
    4. Two reported problems with the torches' models (stopped rendering properly at some point, even if worked before).
    5. One had their problem fixing itself on its own.
    6. I tested the saves from two users and experienced no problems. I'm using exactly the same .MOD archive as they do and the same GothicStarter.exe launcher.

VERDICT: Beats me.

Looks like it's third party software interference (Steam... or maybe even Windows?). Also, literally no issues with the provided saves, even when I cheated to abandon in the MARVIN mode. 4GB patch was tested in two cases, along with the obsolete Gothic heap replacer, but it changed nothing. Finally, there are many other players who play the mod and report no issues whatsoever.

If anyone has any suggestion, feel free to lay it on me.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #326 Zitieren
    Rookie

scara ist offline
    1. I’m using the GOG version ( Gothic 2 Gold)
    2. I’m using English version
    3. I started playing with the normal install method, then changed to Union when I went to chapter 2 ( kept getting assertion failed error with the normal install before chapter 2 and not with the Union version)
    4. I’ve had torch problems with the normal installation, not the Union one.
    6. I can also send you my saves tomorrow.

Idea - Are all the saves from the same guild? I’m militia. I might try playtesting tomorrow to see whether that changes anything.

Edit - I can also try installing it on the normal CD versions to see whether that changes anything.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #327 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von scara Beitrag anzeigen
    1. I’m using the GOG version ( Gothic 2 Gold)
    2. I’m using English version
    3. I started playing with the normal install method, then changed to Union when I went to chapter 2 ( kept getting assertion failed error with the normal install before chapter 2 and not with the Union version)
    4. I’ve had torch problems with the normal installation, not the Union one.
    6. I can also send you my saves tomorrow.

Idea - Are all the saves from the same guild? I’m militia. I might try playtesting tomorrow to see whether that changes anything.

Edit - I can also try installing it on the normal CD versions to see whether that changes anything.
    Hey! What guild the save is is irrelevant (the core variables are the same for each guild and the other variables are irrelevant). And you don't have to send me your saves. Thanks for the offer, though.

I'm positive now that the Union installation method fixes the assertion failed/access violation errors thanks to its updated code/software solutions. I'm using the regular installation method and it works for me but it's obvious it doesn't work for some others. But after reinstalling via Union method - everything is dandy, and I confirmed it with two other cases. Yours is the third.

I will update the first post and the FAQ.
    Geändert von Czudak (18.08.2019 um 08:58 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #328 Zitieren
    Rookie

scara ist offline
    EUREKA! Your fix from post 316 works. Thank you very much!!! Here's exactly what I did:

1. Installed Gothic 2 Gold (GOG English) into my Games folder (not program files)
    2. Ran resource manager (Union folder) and installed Union Game Patch, then Union 1.0b
    3. Installed Gothic 2 Playerkit using your link
    4. Ran the game at least once using Gothic2.exe
    5. Download the mod
    6. Changed the extension from .mod to .vdf and put in the DATA folder
    7. Put the other 3 files in their usual spot - SYSTEM folder
    8. Downloaded your fix from post 316 and put it in the DATA folder
    9. Ran Gothic2.exe
    10. Enjoy Chapter 3 :P

Unfortunately, your instructions for the Union version in the first post still don't work for me, however, your new fix solved my problem. In case anyone else still has a problem with Chapter 3, try the steps above.

EDIT: Note - Don't forget to transfer your saves from the saves_yetanotherunofficialpatch folder into the normal saves folder, or else you won't see your savegames.
    Geändert von scara (18.08.2019 um 18:50 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #329 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von scara Beitrag anzeigen
    EUREKA! Your fix from post 316 works. Thank you very much!!! Here's exactly what I did:

1. Installed Gothic 2 Gold (GOG English) into my Games folder (not program files)
    2. Ran resource manager (Union folder) and installed Union Game Patch, then Union 1.0b
    3. Installed Gothic 2 Playerkit using your link
    4. Ran the game at least once using Gothic2.exe
    5. Download the mod
    6. Changed the extension from .mod to .vdf and put in the DATA folder
    7. Put the other 3 files in their usual spot - SYSTEM folder
    8. Downloaded your fix from post 316 and put it in the DATA folder
    9. Ran Gothic2.exe
    10. Enjoy Chapter 3 :P

Unfortunately, your instructions for the Union version in the first post still don't work for me, however, your new fix solved my problem. In case anyone else still has a problem with Chapter 3, try the steps above.

EDIT: Note - Don't forget to transfer your saves from the saves_yetanotherunofficialpatch folder into the normal saves folder, or else you won't see your savegames.
    Slick, I thought you have sorted the problem out? Anyway, glad it worked out for you. I already integrated the edited scripts in the v2.4.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #330 Zitieren

Roland54 ist offline
    I wanted to become a fire mage. I got the novice robe, I went into the monastery, I was told to talk to Gorax to give him the money (or the Innos statue), but Gorax only spoke that I should change my clothes.
    What can I do to become a mage, or is it impossible?

11. Beiträge anzeigen #331 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Roland54 Beitrag anzeigen
    I wanted to become a fire mage. I got the novice robe, I went into the monastery, I was told to talk to Gorax to give him the money (or the Innos statue), but Gorax only spoke that I should change my clothes.
    What can I do to become a mage, or is it impossible?
    Are you sure you're using the 2.3 version? It was the bug in v2.2 (or 2.1a with SPINE) but I fixed that in the newest release. And are you going by the UNION installation?

If not, then uninstall everything from the regular method, install via the method from the post #328 (the quick scripts are in the post #316), then try again. Don't forget to back your saves up before doing stuff.

It's all like that because I wanted the backward compatibility with the old SystemPack. With v2.4 it will all get better and hassle free, hehe.

Plus, I need to create a complete installer for this mod...

12. Beiträge anzeigen #332 Zitieren

Roland54 ist offline
    I just found that I still am using the V2.2. I will replace it with the V2.3 now and test it again. And i am using the union installation.
    Thanks for your answer, I don't know why I did not find the V2.3 before.

Edit:
    I tested it with the V2.3, and it works like it should. Thank you again for your help.
    Geändert von Roland54 (23.08.2019 um 09:59 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #333 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    I just found that I still am using the V2.2. I will replace it with the V2.3 now and test it again. And i am using the union installation.
    Thanks for your answer, I don't know why I did not find the V2.3 before.

Edit:
    I tested it with the V2.3, and it works like it should. Thank you again for your help.
    Oh, and grab the .VDF file from the post #316 already and drop it to X:\Gothic II Gold\Data\ directory please. You're going to need it soon, and it will save us both time.

You won't have to rename the YetAnotherUnofficialPatch.MOD to YetAnotherUnofficialPatch.VDF, by the way.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #334 Zitieren

Roland54 ist offline
    I did what you said. Will see how it works. Thank you again.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #335 Zitieren
    Rookie

edgymaster ist offline
    Hey there. Why did you decide to diminish the amount of HP you gain upon leveling up? Don't you think that the game is pretty hard already?

16. Beiträge anzeigen #336 Zitieren

Roland54 ist offline
    @Czudak:
    Oh, and grab the .VDF file from the post #316 already and drop it to X:\Gothic II Gold\Data\ directory please. You're going to need it soon, and it will save us both time.

You won't have to rename the YetAnotherUnofficialPatch.MOD to YetAnotherUnofficialPatch.VDF, by the way.
    It did not work with only the .vdf file from post#316, I had to do the copying of YetAnotherUnofficialPatch.MOD to the data folder and to rename it. And after reaching chapter 3 I could delete the YetAnotherUnofficialPatch.vdf and it worked like it should again.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #337 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von edgymaster Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey there. Why did you decide to diminish the amount of HP you gain upon leveling up? Don't you think that the game is pretty hard already?
    I don't think the game is hard already, no. And in the grand image of things, -2 Health per level translates into approx. 100-120 Health less over the Chapters. It's not that much, Mr Master of Edge (do you specialize in slashing weapons, by the way?).

@Czudak:

It did not work with only the .vdf file from post#316, I had to do the copying of YetAnotherUnofficialPatch.MOD to the data folder and to rename it. And after reaching chapter 3 I could delete the YetAnotherUnofficialPatch.vdf and it worked like it should again.
    Swell stuff you figured out how to fix the issue on your own. Such weird stuff and file acrobatics won't happen with the next version, word.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #338 Zitieren
    Rookie

edgymaster ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Czudak Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't think the game is hard already, no. And in the grand image of things, -2 Health per level translates into approx. 100-120 Health less over the Chapters. It's not that much, Mr Master of Edge (do you specialize in slashing weapons, by the way?).
    That's a shitload of freakin' health points I won't be getting! Sorry, dwag, by I'll not sit by while my character gets less than he deserves for all his hard endeavors.
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Yes, I will ask Marvin for help, whether it's to your liking or not!111

19. Beiträge anzeigen #339 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von edgymaster Beitrag anzeigen
    That's a shitload of freakin' health points I won't be getting! Sorry, dwag, by I'll not sit by while my character gets less than he deserves for all his hard endeavors.
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Yes, I will ask Marvin for help, whether it's to your liking or not!111
    Hold on there, buddy. You use the Marvin cheat codes and I will find you, and you're going to regret even the slightest notions about testing my boundaries. It's your call.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #340 Zitieren
    Union - Testphase Avatar von Niko5511

Niko5511 ist offline
    For me Czudacs balance is by far to easy :-) vote for half lp and hp. And 1/3 gold :-)))

Seite 17 von 34 « Erste ... 6101314151617181920212428 ... Letzte »