Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 15 von 34 « Erste ... 481112131415161718192226 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 281 bis 300 von 675
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #281 Zitieren
    Rookie Avatar von Brynjar

Brynjar ist offline
    Wow, just today I felt curious about the Gothic community, and I see all this progress since the last time I posted. It may not mean much, but I want to congratulate you for all the hard work you have put out; I know donating would mean a lot more (heh) but I just finished college, lol.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #282 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Brynjar Beitrag anzeigen
    Wow, just today I felt curious about the Gothic community, and I see all this progress since the last time I posted. It may not mean much, but I want to congratulate you for all the hard work you have put out; I know donating would mean a lot more (heh) but I just finished college, lol.
    Thanks, home.

Don't worry about financial support. I have a plan B. If this little project of unofficial patches for games wouldn't eventuate in relative success, I will go back to drawing lewds and focus mainly on them.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #283 Zitieren
    Apprentice

gogcho ist offline
    Hey Czudak, an immense thank you for your effort. I was just wondering if you could help me out with an error I'm having after trying to launch the game.
    I get the Access Violation error upon launching the .exe file. Before you ask if I've "turned on DEP for all programs and services except those I select" yes I have, but I still get the Access Violation error. I've attached an image of the error so it can be easier to understand.
    I've re-installed the game 3 times already, while meticulously following your installation guide every time, but I always get the aforementioned error.
    Thank you if you could help!
    Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken Untitledgothic.jpg  

4. Beiträge anzeigen #284 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von gogcho Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey Czudak, an immense thank you for your effort. I was just wondering if you could help me out with an error I'm having after trying to launch the game.
    I get the Access Violation error upon launching the .exe file. Before you ask if I've "turned on DEP for all programs and services except those I select" yes I have, but I still get the Access Violation error. I've attached an image of the error so it can be easier to understand.
    I've re-installed the game 3 times already, while meticulously following your installation guide every time, but I always get the aforementioned error.
    Thank you if you could help!
    Hey, yo! Danks for the compliment, I feel the warmth spreading all over me, hehe.

Anyway, if you would try the UNION installation method and/or the solution for "My game crashes to desktop after selecting a resolution bigger than 2048 pixels (in any dimension) in the settings!" from the FAQ, that would really narrow things down. So far, all those 00000000 in the error report might mean that Gothic2.exe tries to access some restricted/reserved part of the RAM, where it's usually assigned to vital processes and stuff. Or that antivirus/inbuilt BIOS security function is interfering. Generally, Violation Access means the game wants to access memory cells that are already in use.

Anyway, try Union and/or that other solutions first, please.
    Geändert von Czudak (02.08.2019 um 00:19 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #285 Zitieren
    Apprentice

gogcho ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Czudak Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey, yo! Danks for the compliment, I feel the warmth spreading all over me, hehe.

Anyway, if you would try the UNION installation method and/or the solution for "My game crashes to desktop after selecting a resolution bigger than 2048 pixels (in any dimension) in the settings!" from the FAQ, that would really narrow things down. So far, all those 00000000 in the error report might mean that Gothic2.exe tries to access some restricted/reserved part of the RAM, where it's usually assigned to vital processes and stuff. Or that antivirus/inbuilt BIOS security function is interfering. Generally, Violation Access means the game wants to access memory cells that are already in use.

Anyway, try Union and/or that other solutions first, please.
    I did a fresh install of the game via the Union method. I minutely followed your instructions with the Ressource Manager and everything. I downloaded the fix for the resolution and copied the two files d3dim.dll and d3dim700.dll to "game directory/system/". Then I opened the systempack.ini and didn't find any FixHighRes, so I simply wrote it at the end: "FixHighRes = 0" (without the quotation marks).

This is how it looks:

[PARAMETERS]
    AnisotropicFiltering = 16
    VerticalFOV = 67.500
    NewFOVformula = 0
    DisableLOD = 0
    DisableIndoorClipping = 1
    SPAWN_INSERTRANGE = 4500.000
    SPAWN_REMOVERANGE = 5000.000
    SPAWN_INSERTTIME_MAX = 1000.000
    DrawDistanceMultiplier = 1.000
    OutDoorPortalDistanceMultiplier = 1.000
    InDoorPortalDistanceMultiplier = 1.000
    EnableShields = 1
    No_Take_Anim = 0
    RMB_No_Take_Anim = 0
    HideFocus = 1
    FixHighRes = 0

With all this taken into account and the DEP data execution prevention set on Gothic2.exe, I still get the exact same Access Violation error.
    It's weird because today I installed the Returning mod and played it without problems. Didn't like it because it's in Russian and the translation in English is clunky at best. So I deleted it and decided to play vanilla Gothic 2 Gold with some tweaks. I found about your patch and thought it would be perfect. But sadly something is preventing me from playing with it. Got any solutions? If not no worries, I'll play L'Hiver maybe.

EDIT: I managed to get the game to launch by starting it from GothicStarter_mod.exe, and ticking the Windowed Mode box; after that the game starts in quite a small window. Then I go from the game menu to video settings, and select the maximum available resolution for me - I attached a screenshot. Unfortunately I get a white bar at the very top of the screen which kind of kills immersion.
    Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken Untitledgothic 2.jpg  
    Geändert von gogcho (02.08.2019 um 02:01 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #286 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    I did a fresh install of the game via the Union method. I minutely followed your instructions with the Ressource Manager and everything. I downloaded the fix for the resolution and copied the two files d3dim.dll and d3dim700.dll to "game directory/system/". Then I opened the systempack.ini and didn't find any FixHighRes, so I simply wrote it at the end: "FixHighRes = 0" (without the quotation marks).

This is how it looks:

[PARAMETERS]
    AnisotropicFiltering = 16
    VerticalFOV = 67.500
    NewFOVformula = 0
    DisableLOD = 0
    DisableIndoorClipping = 1
    SPAWN_INSERTRANGE = 4500.000
    SPAWN_REMOVERANGE = 5000.000
    SPAWN_INSERTTIME_MAX = 1000.000
    DrawDistanceMultiplier = 1.000
    OutDoorPortalDistanceMultiplier = 1.000
    InDoorPortalDistanceMultiplier = 1.000
    EnableShields = 1
    No_Take_Anim = 0
    RMB_No_Take_Anim = 0
    HideFocus = 1
    FixHighRes = 0

With all this taken into account and the DEP data execution prevention set on Gothic2.exe, I still get the exact same Access Violation error.
    It's weird because today I installed the Returning mod and played it without problems. Didn't like it because it's in Russian and the translation in English is clunky at best. So I deleted it and decided to play vanilla Gothic 2 Gold with some tweaks. I found about your patch and thought it would be perfect. But sadly something is preventing me from playing with it. Got any solutions? If not no worries, I'll play L'Hiver maybe.

EDIT: I managed to get the game to launch by starting it from GothicStarter_mod.exe, and ticking the Windowed Mode box; after that the game starts in quite a small window. Then I go from the game menu to video settings, and select the maximum available resolution for me - I attached a screenshot. Unfortunately I get a white bar at the very top of the screen which kind of kills immersion.
    Hmm, after so many (re)installations, I bet the Windows' Registry is full of obsolete paths and unneeded, Gothic-related stuff that interferes with the game proper configuration. It would be smart to clean said registry, but that would require some knowledge about it and software paths (or CCleaner tool). If you're ready, I can tell you how everything of that removal procedure should look like.

And I can tell by the way your SystemPack.ini is looking that you Union might not get installed properly. Do you have Union.ini inside X:\Gothic II Gold\System\... directory?
    Geändert von Czudak (02.08.2019 um 12:15 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #287 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Kirides

Kirides ist offline
    This sounds awfully like someone trying to play Gothic in fullscreen mode while having NVidia G-Sync activated. This is not supported without the D3D11 Renderer and leads to crashes on start of the game.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #288 Zitieren
    Apprentice

gogcho ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von johnnyboyy Beitrag anzeigen
    This sounds awfully like someone trying to play Gothic in fullscreen mode while having NVidia G-Sync activated. This is not supported without the D3D11 Renderer and leads to crashes on start of the game.
    I disabled G-Sync and the game miraculously starts with no problems whatsoever.... thank you!

Thank you as well Czudak for sincerely trying to help!
    Yeah there is the union.ini in the system folder by the way, I was 100% sure I had installed everything properly. Anyways, the reason was the damned G-Sync lol. I'm not a huge connaisseur so no idea why fullscreen mode and G-Sync enabled cannot go together hand-in-hand.
    Geändert von gogcho (02.08.2019 um 10:53 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #289 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von johnnyboyy Beitrag anzeigen
    Interesting. I didn't know that, but then again I have no G-Sync monitor. I added this tidbit to YAUP's FAQ and credited you.

I disabled G-Sync and the game miraculously starts with no problems whatsoever.... thank you!

Thank you as well Czudak for sincerely trying to help!
    Yeah there is the union.ini in the system folder by the way, I was 100% sure I had installed everything properly. Anyways, the reason was the damned G-Sync lol. I'm not a huge connaisseur so no idea why fullscreen mode and G-Sync enabled cannot go together hand-in-hand.
    Hmm, if there's Union.ini then it's all right. There were lacking a few entries in SystemPack.ini, but I bet they got created after you've successfully launched the game for the first time.

If you would have any feedback about the mod, feel free to lay it on me, please.
    Geändert von Czudak (02.08.2019 um 12:13 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #290 Zitieren
    Apprentice

gogcho ist offline
    By the way Czudak, is there some way to overhaul the graphics without screwing up the whole mod? Playing a 2001 game with so old graphics is kind of taxing on the eyes.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #291 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    By the way Czudak, is there some way to overhaul the graphics without screwing up the whole mod? Playing a 2001 game with so old graphics is kind of taxing on the eyes.
    No idea except tinkering with the settings (antialiasing, anisotropic filtering, high quality texture output, stuff like that) inside nVidia control panel for Gothic2.exe. The DX11 renderer doesn't work with YAUP because the renderer's author can't (or doesn't want to) tell me what format custom textures one needs to use in order to be mod-compatible with his DirectX 11 creation, thus it will take a shitload of time for me to fix the issue. Besides, I created the mod with the classic graphics in mind, so tough luck, bro.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #292 Zitieren
    Apprentice

gogcho ist offline
    No idea except tinkering with the settings (antialiasing, anisotropic filtering, high quality texture output, stuff like that) inside nVidia control panel for Gothic2.exe. The DX11 renderer doesn't work with YAUP because the renderer's author can't (or doesn't want to) tell me what format custom textures one needs to use in order to be mod-compatible with his DirectX 11 creation, thus it will take a shitload of time for me to fix the issue. Besides, I created the mod with the classic graphics in mind, so tough luck, bro.
    Ah ok I see mate, no worries

13. Beiträge anzeigen #293 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Kirides

Kirides ist offline
    Interesting. I didn't know that, but then again I have no G-Sync monitor. I added this tidbit to YAUP's FAQ and credited you.
    Many people don't know it. Probably should be added to the FAQ.
    Gothic wasn't designed with G-Sync in mind, though FreeSync works perfectly fine. (But not the "G-Sync Compatible" FreeSync, because that's G-Sync)
    Must be NVidia doing some hacky things to make G-Sync seem smoother/more responsive, idk.
    Sadly NVidia implements a lot of hacks, some of them are great for performance but lead to bad programming habits and thus lower performance for non-Nvidia cards.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #294 Zitieren
    Apprentice

gogcho ist offline
    Btw Czudak, I just encountered the first big inconsistency/bug while playing. Even though I've helped Matteo with Gritta's gold, and also received the blessings of Vatras and Darion, Thorben still does not 'trust' me and refuses to teach me lockpicking. I read that I could beat up Lehmar and give Thorben Lehmar's loanbook, but after beating up Lehmar he does not have it in his inventory. But even if the loanbook was there, the inconsistency still stands. How come he does not trust me even though I'm a citizen of the city (I was taken as an apprentice) and I also helped Matteo with his gold?

15. Beiträge anzeigen #295 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Btw Czudak, I just encountered the first big inconsistency/bug while playing. Even though I've helped Matteo with Gritta's gold, and also received the blessings of Vatras and Darion, Thorben still does not 'trust' me and refuses to teach me lockpicking. I read that I could beat up Lehmar and give Thorben Lehmar's loanbook, but after beating up Lehmar he does not have it in his inventory. But even if the loanbook was there, the inconsistency still stands. How come he does not trust me even though I'm a citizen of the city (I was taken as an apprentice) and I also helped Matteo with his gold?
    If you helped Matteo with Gritta's gold and gave Thorben the ledger, then this might be a bug that I will fix up in for the next version. However "Lehmar's Ledger" won't be among Thorben's trading inventory, because now you would have to steal (pickpocket) it back from him (and have more than 30 in the Dexterity attribute; also beating him up isn't going to spawn it in his inventory - if it did, then it's another inconsistency). The same goes to every other person you can give the book to: Coragon and Hanna. It was too easy in vanilla to buy back such an item (the debtors were very "clever" by putting it on the offer, you dig?) and collect every reward with almost no effort (except for roughing Lehmar up).

16. Beiträge anzeigen #296 Zitieren
    Apprentice

gogcho ist offline
    If you helped Matteo with Gritta's gold and gave Thorben the ledger, then this might be a bug that I will fix up in for the next version. However "Lehmar's Ledger" won't be among Thorben's trading inventory, because now you would have to steal (pickpocket) it back from him (and have more than 30 in the Dexterity attribute; also beating him up isn't going to spawn it in his inventory - if it did, then it's another inconsistency). The same goes to every other person you can give the book to: Coragon and Hanna. It was too easy in vanilla to buy back such an item (the debtors were very "clever" by putting it on the offer, you dig?) and collect every reward with almost no effort (except for roughing Lehmar up).
    Yeah I get you man, the thing about the ledge is quite logical. But still it's a bug I think, because once the player has the blessing of the gods and/or helped Matteo with Gritta's gold, Thorben should trust the player and instruct him in lockpicking.
    By the way is it me or you really pumped up the gold prices for armors?

I have a few more constructive obeservations if you with to release another version of your patch in the future.

1 - Sarah still had one line of dialogue for me after I talked to her in her prison cell (after I turned her in instead of Canthar)
    something like 'how are things?', or 'what do you think of Onar?' She was really out of character because one moment she was angry and after that happily saying 'I think Onar.. bla bla"
    2 - When a torch is lit if the player saves the game and loads it the torch disappears
    3 - The items Nameless digs up for Greg on his X spots should not be sellable, because the player could accidently sell them to different merchants all over the place
    4 - When Nameless goes hunting with Bartok, if the latter kills something Nameless also receives experience. This should be the case also when Nameless agrees to help Fester with the field riders in the cave. When Fester kills them Nameless does not receive experience.
    5 - If the player wants to join the mercenaries the easy way (help from Cord) and accepts his offer to discover where Dexter is hiding but still completes Torlof's task before that, Torlof will still consider it 'with a little help from Cord', even though for example the militia were driven off and Dexter was killed. In other words, if the player does in Dexter and the Militia from Bengar's farm, and he speaks first to Cord about the deal, Cord will say 'I will keep our end of the bargain, the militia will be taken care off', even tho he should say something like 'You've already taken care of them, good for you. Do you still want to help me and find out where Dexter is or you've done that already?'.
    6 - Nameless gets drunk only from one bottle of gin or wine. Should be 2-3 imo, it's a bit annoying to wait for a minute or two for him to sober up only from one bottle.
    7 - When Nameless is drunk and he unsheathes his weapon he miraculously sobers up immediately and can fight. He shouldn't be able to unsheathe any kind of weapon when drunk
    8 - When Nameless is under the effect of a speed potion or the Samuel Herring which also increases running speed, if he saves and loads the game, the speed effect automatically expires
    Geändert von gogcho (08.08.2019 um 01:46 Uhr)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #297 Zitieren
    Union - Testphase Avatar von Niko5511

Niko5511 ist offline
    In my opinion there is no bug with Thorben. It is like that in every Mod, that fixes original gothic afaik. It is even so in Returning / Alternative Balance. You help Gritta with own payment and you are a humble servant of Innos and Adanos / have Blessings and still the only thing is, that he sells lockpicks, not teaches you lockpicking. You need more for that. Dont remember if it was debdbook or beeing member of a guild or so.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #298 Zitieren
    Apprentice

gogcho ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Niko5511 Beitrag anzeigen
    In my opinion there is no bug with Thorben. It is like that in every Mod, that fixes original gothic afaik. It is even so in Returning / Alternative Balance. You help Gritta with own payment and you are a humble servant of Innos and Adanos / have Blessings and still the only thing is, that he sells lockpicks, not teaches you lockpicking. You need more for that. Dont remember if it was debdbook or beeing member of a guild or so.
    You mean that if the player chooses not to threaten or beat up Gritta, but instead pay Matteo with his own (the player's) gold, then Thorben will teach lockpicking?

19. Beiträge anzeigen #299 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von N1kX

N1kX ist offline
    You mean that if the player chooses not to threaten or beat up Gritta, but instead pay Matteo with his own (the player's) gold, then Thorben will teach lockpicking?
    That's right, this is so in the original game.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #300 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Yeah I get you man, the thing about the ledge is quite logical. But still it's a bug I think, because once the player has the blessing of the gods and/or helped Matteo with Gritta's gold, Thorben should trust the player and instruct him in lockpicking.
    By the way is it me or you really pumped up the gold prices for armors?

I have a few more constructive obeservations if you with to release another version of your patch in the future.

1 - Sarah still had one line of dialogue for me after I talked to her in her prison cell (after I turned her in instead of Canthar)
    something like 'how are things?', or 'what do you think of Onar?' She was really out of character because one moment she was angry and after that happily saying 'I think Onar.. bla bla"
    2 - When a torch is lit if the player saves the game and loads it the torch disappears
    3 - The items Nameless digs up for Greg on his X spots should not be sellable, because the player could accidently sell them to different merchants all over the place
    4 - When Nameless goes hunting with Bartok, if the latter kills something Nameless also receives experience. This should be the case also when Nameless agrees to help Fester with the field riders in the cave. When Fester kills them Nameless does not receive experience.
    5 - If the player wants to join the mercenaries the easy way (help from Cord) and accepts his offer to discover where Dexter is hiding but still completes Torlof's task before that, Torlof will still consider it 'with a little help from Cord', even though for example the militia were driven off and Dexter was killed. In other words, if the player does in Dexter and the Militia from Bengar's farm, and he speaks first to Cord about the deal, Cord will say 'I will keep our end of the bargain, the militia will be taken care off', even tho he should say something like 'You've already taken care of them, good for you. Do you still want to help me and find out where Dexter is or you've done that already?'.
    6 - Nameless gets drunk only from one bottle of gin or wine. Should be 2-3 imo, it's a bit annoying to wait for a minute or two for him to sober up only from one bottle.
    7 - When Nameless is drunk and he unsheathes his weapon he miraculously sobers up immediately and can fight. He shouldn't be able to unsheathe any kind of weapon when drunk
    8 - When Nameless is under the effect of a speed potion or the Samuel Herring which also increases running speed, if he saves and loads the game, the speed effect automatically expires
    Armor prices were really pumped up and won't budge, hehe.

Also, it seems everything regarding Gritta/Matteo/Thorben is as Niko5511/N1kX wrote, so that might not be a bug, after all.

1. Will fix.
    2/8. Engine/hardcoded limitations. Maybe an Union plugin/dudes of SystemPack would fix it at some point in future.
    3. Those items are uniquely named already. If the player sells them, it's their choice/lack of attention.
    4. Yes, Bartok becomes a "party member" and Fester does not (so his kills don't provide experience), because the latter is an asshole and he really does not care about the player or honoring deals or truly "teaming up"; the player lives or dies or whatever, he doesn't give a shit... and it shows in the aftermath of the field raiders' cave quest.
    5. One would have to rewrite whole dialogues and I have no time for that. Logically, Cord doesn't know if the player killed the militiamen as there's no dialogue option to tell it, and Torlof can't become aware of that either as there is no dialogue option for that for him either, hence the seemingly illogical chain you discovered.
    6/7. Will fix.
    Geändert von Czudak (08.08.2019 um 07:34 Uhr)

Seite 15 von 34 « Erste ... 481112131415161718192226 ... Letzte »