Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 10 von 34 « Erste ... 3678910111213141721 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 181 bis 200 von 675
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #181 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Czudak

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Brain Chutney Beitrag anzeigen
    The bug I was referring to was the Blood Flies' trophies. I hadn't learned any, yet upon selecting "Learn to extract secretion" I could no longer learn anything from him.
    Yes, the Canthar bug occurs while he is warming the bench. If I trade with him, he unequipped his weapons. If I draw my sword, he will re-equip his sword. However, if I ready a fireball in front of him, he gets up and "draws" his weapon (only fists in this case) as he for some reason doesn't re-equip his weapon in response to magic. I used this opportunity to sock him one, because he's an ass, and afterwards was when the bug occurred of not taking the gold from my inventory. I replicated this three times.
    As for the sliding physics, I have played over 100 hours and completed the game using your mod (without EVER using Marvin-Mode) and sliding seems more broken compared to vanilla and L'Hiver.

I do also want to add that I love the mod and thoroughly enjoyed my play-through with it. Thanks for your good work. I did not find many bugs (that I can remember anyway) besides what I've already mentioned. Also, I unpacked the mod, removed your textures, and repacked it so I could use it alongside D3D11 renderer. After adding crash fixes and the 4gb patch I never had a SINGLE crash in over 25 hours (using quicksaves also.) Every texture pack I could find also worked flawlessly.
    Besides that, I think the mod is very well balanced. The game never became boringly easy, but I never felt too weak either. The one major flaw was that the Claw of Beliar still seems to remain overpowered, even at lower levels. I had many occurrences where the extra damage procced MULTIPLE times on one strike, sometimes insta-killing a strong enemy. It seemed to occur more when there were multiple enemies nearby.
    Eventually I will go back to my save and try to remember any more specifics and bugs that you might find helpful as feedback. Again, thanks for the mod.
    Okay, a quick list of things reported and now fixed (or currently investigated) for the next release:

1) Mismatch of LPs value between the dialogue option and the actually deduced amount while learning how to skin animals from Bosper. {FIXED}
    2) Edgor doesn't teach other trophy skills once you absorbed how to get the secretion from blood flies' stingers from him. {CURRENTLY VERY CLOSELY INVESTIGATED}
    3) Engor sells you his own heavy militia armor. {FIXED}
    4) Canthar doesn't take gold from you if you agreed to give him the required amount after beating him senselessly. {CURRENTLY INVESTIGATED WITH EXTRA SCRUTINY; ALSO, I MIGHT REMOVE THE OPTION OF HIM UNEQUIPPING THE WIELDED WEAPON AT ALL, TO AVOID COMPLICATIONS OF THIS NATURE}
    5) Beliar's Claw is still OP. {I know this bug might be connected to the similar one with the Death Wave spell, where the animation hits twice or even thrice for doubled or tripled damage. Maybe with the Union it could be fixed. Once said tool is here, I will inspect both cases for solutions.}

As for the sliding, falling and stuff, since you tinkered around with the package and added DX11 renderer and texture packages, this might be the culprit. During my personal beta testing, this issue was occurring without any increased frequency. I will test YAUP at some point in the future with the D3D11 mod, because it's been a long while since I played with it.

If you have feedback or bug reports, keep them coming, please. Thanks for the support, bruv.
    Geändert von Czudak (17.01.2019 um 13:31 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #182 Zitieren
    Rookie

Brain Chutney ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Czudak Beitrag anzeigen
    Okay, a quick list of things reported and now fixed (or currently investigated) for the next release:

1) Mismatch of LPs value between the dialogue option and the actually deduced amount while learning how to skin animals from Bosper. {FIXED}
    2) Edgor doesn't teach other trophy skills once you absorbed how to get the secretion from blood flies' stingers from him. {CURRENTLY VERY CLOSELY INVESTIGATED}
    3) Engor sells you his own heavy militia armor. {FIXED}
    4) Canthar doesn't take gold from you if you agreed to give him the required amount after beating him senselessly. {CURRENTLY INVESTIGATED WITH EXTRA SCRUTINY; ALSO, I MIGHT REMOVE THE OPTION OF HIM UNEQUIPPING THE WIELDED WEAPON AT ALL, TO AVOID COMPLICATIONS OF THIS NATURE}
    5) Beliar's Claw is still OP. {I know this bug might be connected to the similar one with the Death Wave spell, where the animation hits twice or even thrice for doubled or tripled damage. Maybe with the Union it could be fixed. Once said tool is here, I will inspect both cases for solutions.}

As for the sliding, falling and stuff, since you tinkered around with the package and added DX11 renderer and texture packages, this might be the culprit. During my personal beta testing, this issue was occurring without any increased frequency. I will test YAUP at some point in the future with the D3D11 mod, because it's been a long while since I played with it.

If you have feedback or bug reports, keep them coming, please. Thanks for the support, bruv.
    No worries bruvva, by the way the first 80 hours of my playthrough was without tinkering with the mod. I think the sliding physics as you said could be the same as vanilla, theres a strong possibility I just encountered it more while playing your mod.

Edit: I never tried it as I discovered so afterwards, but you can use the D3D11 renderer without the normalmaps. Perhaps it could work fine with your textures if used this way.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #183 Zitieren
    Adventurer

YoungManRumble ist offline
    I have used the D3D11 Renderer without major issues for most of my previous play, sometimes actors become invisible (not frequently and always only one at a time) and for whatever reason the rams are invisible always. But I had to change the startscreen picture because it was crashing the game on startup while trying to use the Renderer. All in all not a bad choice, but I prefer dgVoodoo 2, it sharpens the game's textures while maintaining the same feel.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #184 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Ok, I got good and bad news:
    Good news: I managed to fix the Edgor problem.
    Bad news: Seems there's also another bug with Edgor.

The reason the dialogue was disappearing was due to conditions, all of them were set to &&. Original script:

func int DIA_Addon_Edgor_Start_Condition()
    {
    if((Edgor_Teach == TRUE) && (PLAYER_TALENT_TAKEANIMALTROPHY[TROPHY_BFSting] == FALSE) && (PLAYER_TALENT_TAKEANIMALTROPHY[TROPHY_BFWing] == FALSE) && (Knows_Bloodfly == FALSE)))
    {
    return TRUE;
    };
    };

Once there were changed to the new condition, the dialogue stopped to disappear:

{
    if((Edgor_Teach == TRUE) && ((PLAYER_TALENT_TAKEANIMALTROPHY[TROPHY_BFSting] == FALSE) || (PLAYER_TALENT_TAKEANIMALTROPHY[TROPHY_BFWing] == FALSE) || (Knows_Bloodfly == FALSE)))
    {
    return TRUE;
    };
    };

The other bug is that if you have the gold and not the LP he still charges you even though you don't learn anything.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #185 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von YoungManRumble Beitrag anzeigen
    Ok, I got good and bad news:
    Good news: I managed to fix the Edgor problem.
    Bad news: Seems there's also another bug with Edgor.

The reason the dialogue was disappearing was due to conditions, all of them were set to &&. Original script:

{
    if((Edgor_Teach == TRUE) && (PLAYER_TALENT_TAKEANIMALTROPHY[TROPHY_BFSting] == FALSE) && (PLAYER_TALENT_TAKEANIMALTROPHY[TROPHY_BFWing] == FALSE) && (Knows_Bloodfly == FALSE)))
    {
    return TRUE;
    };
    };

Once there were changed to the new condition, the dialogue stopped to disappear:

{
    if((Edgor_Teach == TRUE) && ((PLAYER_TALENT_TAKEANIMALTROPHY[TROPHY_BFSting] == FALSE) || (PLAYER_TALENT_TAKEANIMALTROPHY[TROPHY_BFWing] == FALSE) || (Knows_Bloodfly == FALSE)))
    {
    return TRUE;
    };
    };

The other bug is that if you have the gold and not the LP he still charges you even though you don't learn anything.
    Good news: I already fixed Edgor and Canthar's scripts (all of them) yesterday. But thank you for your input.

Bad news: that's why I am waiting for the Union, because it will also allow you to encrypt your mod's files, so no one will be able to get into their contents without a password (or something). There is already a mod in German in this subforum that is basically a copy of mine plus several additions like textures and shit, but the author at least was smart to change the names of variables, though he most likely "accidentally" forgot to mention the source of his "inspiration". I'm definitely not going to let others copy my changes for v2.1 (crafting multiple pieces of at crafting spots, like alchemy benches, forges, anvils and so on being the main highlight, but also something with NPCs who were rather bland before (Drakon, Trokar, Shady City Guard, Gunnar), and a lot of other, equally nice improvements) just like that. I had to scourge Polish Gothic forums or ask individual modders for every fix and alteration I wanted, so I think others can do that too.
    Geändert von Czudak (19.01.2019 um 18:38 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #186 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Good news: I already fixed Edgor's scripts (all of them) yesterday. But thank you for your input.
    Bad news: that's why I am waiting for the Union, because it will allow you to encrypt your mod's files, so no one will be able to get into their contents without a password (or something). There is already a mod in German in this subforum in this that is basically a copy of mine plus several additions like textures and shit, but the author at least was smart to change the names of variables.
    Yeah, that's fucked up. It's not that hard to ask for permission and give credit if you are going to publish something. I am new to modding and scripting so I benefit by studying other mods, it gives me an insight, but it's for personal use.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #187 Zitieren
    Keks-Experte  Avatar von TazmanDevil

TazmanDevil ist offline
    There is already a mod in German in this subforum that is basically a copy of mine plus several additions like textures and shit, but the author at least was smart to change the names of variables, though he most likely "accidentally" forgot to mention the source of his "inspiration".
    Which Mod are you refering to?

8. Beiträge anzeigen #188 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Sidonis ist offline
    Czudak, I have had a blast with your mod, and completed it with very few bugs encountered. I did a dex-focused mage. turns out with enough dex most of the spells are rendered useless, apart from summoning and end-game spells.

I have a biggest request to ask of you... I want to play other mods but the permanent bonus system is really getting in the way. like, some bonuses you can't escape in early game(like npc ones ex. wulfgar, rengaru etc.) After playing your mod its literally almost forcing me to cheat in other mods. like Returning or "Przeznaczenie". Is there any way to change it? would you be able to do it or post a guide on how to? Thank you so much in advance.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #189 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sidonis Beitrag anzeigen
    Czudak, I have had a blast with your mod, and completed it with very few bugs encountered. I did a dex-focused mage. turns out with enough dex most of the spells are rendered useless, apart from summoning and end-game spells.

I have a biggest request to ask of you... I want to play other mods but the permanent bonus system is really getting in the way. like, some bonuses you can't escape in early game(like npc ones ex. wulfgar, rengaru etc.) After playing your mod its literally almost forcing me to cheat in other mods. like Returning or "Przeznaczenie". Is there any way to change it? would you be able to do it or post a guide on how to? Thank you so much in advance.
    Yo.

If I understood correctly, you want play "megamods" like Returning and Przeznaczenie/Przebudzenie (I played both of the latter) with the LPs system from YAUP, yes? I can already tell you this is not going to work, because those mods you listed use script extenders, and if you would want to implement YAUP's LPs system, you would have to manually edit those megamods' scripts, and you can't rip said scripts from the mod's files with script extenders in place, and no one is going to give you raw script files so you could edit them to your liking, and then compile to get the customized mod. Also, even if I would create a standalone mod version with the LPs system only, it wouldn't change anything, because you can't use two mods that change the same scripts at once.

So, short to short: forget it.
    Geändert von Czudak (21.01.2019 um 20:23 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #190 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Sidonis ist offline
    Yo.

If I understood correctly, you want play "megamods" like Returning and Przeznaczenie/Przebudzenie (I played both of the latter) with the LPs system from YAUP, yes? I can already tell you this is not going to work, because those mods you listed use script extenders, and if you would want to implement YAUP's LPs system, you would have to manually edit those megamods' scripts, and you can't rip said scripts from the mod's files with script extenders in place, and no one is going to give you raw script files so you could edit them to your liking, and then compile to get the customized mod. Also, even if I would create a standalone mod version with the LPs system only, it wouldn't change anything, because you can't use two mods that change the same scripts at once.

So, short to short: forget it.
    well. that upsets me greatly. i love gothic but i am kind of through with the original and would love some new content.

there is a guy here on the forum called Lord Sargon and he's made a few script patches for gothic 2. you might be aware of that. will i break my game if i use his script patch together with big mods?

"G2Addon_scriptpatch_2.6wm_1.2l.zip : Permanent bonuses are no longer included in the calculation of learning point costs."

https://translate.googleusercontent....A#post11398769

11. Beiträge anzeigen #191 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sidonis Beitrag anzeigen
    well. that upsets me greatly. i love gothic but i am kind of through with the original and would love some new content.

there is a guy here on the forum called Lord Sargon and he's made a few script patches for gothic 2. you might be aware of that. will i break my game if i use his script patch together with big mods?

"G2Addon_scriptpatch_2.6wm_1.2l.zip : Permanent bonuses are no longer included in the calculation of learning point costs."

https://translate.googleusercontent....A#post11398769
    Did you read what I wrote? You can't use two mods at once that modify the same script files (or two mods that modify THE script files, to be more precise), so no, your game won't break, because you won't be able to apply two script modifications to your game at the same time in the first place.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #192 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Sidonis ist offline
    Did you read what I wrote? You can't use two mods at once that modify the same script files (or two mods that modify THE script files, to be more precise), so no, your game won't break, because you won't be able to apply two script modifications to your game at the same time in the first place.
    i have read it. i just thought you could apply a script patch on top of another mod that changes scripts. that is all.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #193 Zitieren
    Rookie

ma3xDFS ist offline
    Hello there,
    I have just removed one and installed your mod. I was surprised a little when just after going out of the tower I was attacked first rather than seeing a sheep first. You have made a hard to play mod, obviously (have died more than 6 times already, and have not paid the 50 gold for the farmer clothes). Besides those impression I would like to know how I can change the font of the conversations (I am not a big Minecraft fan).

14. Beiträge anzeigen #194 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von ma3xDFS Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello there,
    I have just removed one and installed your mod. I was surprised a little when just after going out of the tower I was attacked first rather than seeing a sheep first. You have made a hard to play mod, obviously (have died more than 6 times already, and have not paid the 50 gold for the farmer clothes). Besides those impression I would like to know how I can change the font of the conversations (I am not a big Minecraft fan).
    Hi out there,
    I have just gone and read your comment. I was amazed quite a bit when after reading the bulk of it, I was assaulted with a randomly coherent sentence. You have made it difficult to understand what you wanted to convey here, understandably (have squatted more than 7 times just now, and have not dance the Macarena for the morning). Besides those complain I would like to talk with the manager and tells him he can change the fonts by repacks the mod's file OR makes his own mod (.VDF format) with the regular Gothic font(s) that needs to has a newer timestamp than this YAUP modification (I remember times from befores the Internet, so I won't tell you how to repack or create your own mods, and please don't post a question about it in this thread).

15. Beiträge anzeigen #195 Zitieren
    Rookie

ma3xDFS ist offline
    Hi out there,
    I have just gone and read your comment. I was amazed quite a bit when after reading the bulk of it, I was assaulted with a randomly coherent sentence. You have made it difficult to understand what you wanted to convey here, understandably (have squatted more than 7 times just now, and have not dance the Macarena for the morning). Besides those complain I would like to talk with the manager and tells him he can change the fonts by repacks the mod's file OR makes his own mod (.VDF format) with the regular Gothic font(s) that needs to has a newer timestamp than this YAUP modification (I remember times from befores the Internet, so I won't tell you how to repack or create your own mods, and please don't post a question about it in this thread).
    Thanks for the reply mate. Unfortunately I am unaware how to do that but would find a way and dive in for the solution. Besides the font I can not say anything bad for mod and the effort you have put in it. I am following the thread.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #196 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Hey Czudak, any idea when a new update is coming or the Union?

17. Beiträge anzeigen #197 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von YoungManRumble Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey Czudak, any idea when a new update is coming or the Union?
    No idea when the Union would arrive, but I'm working on 2.1 version as we speak. I had a sudden source of inspiration, he, he.

EDIT: Quick highlights of the upcoming release (there is much more, of course):

- fixed the bugs from the list of the #181 post of this thread *
    - I eradicated every single one "give-and-take" exploit, where the player would be able to obtain the items again by beating someone up, then give/sell them back to the person they've just beaten, for an extra slice of experience/gold; that fixed Hodges and Cipher too *
    - there is no possibility of getting the Seekers' spell runes via the "frozen" bug anymore *
    - mole rats now threaten enemies before attacking *
    - even more fixes to Jarkhendar's mine (running) slaves *
    - fixed an extra exploit (not connected to the "freeze" bug) with Seekers' runes (use regular cheats if you want them) *
    - removed all "free" spell runes from the worlds (Khorinis, VoM, Jarkhendar) and added four more blank runes to various merchants instead (in Chapters 4-6) *
    - added greatly enhanced menus *
    - no more exploiting the situation with Lehmar's Ledger (only one person can receive it now and it's immediately removed from its inventory upon receiving it) *
    - Cronos' corpse won't appear in Khorinis anymore (in the cave beneath the Sun Circle) *
    - More colorful reskins for various items, at last (thanks to Blender), to make noticeable difference between them Amulet of the Will-o'-Wisp and the Amulet of Mana, for example *
    - Gunnar is useful for something, finally
    - The path for taunting Bloodwyn now has three "good" and three "bad" choices; before it had four "good" (for the player) and two "bad" (for Bloodwyn) *
    - Added four dozens of various monsters to those empty areas in the Wasteland mod *
    - Diego won't follow you to the rock dragon's lair anymore *
    - You can find Trokar (near the Khorinis' lighthouse) and report that to Bartok or Andre or a couple of named city guards (who will then point you toward their boss paladin), but you need a couple of the special items found on the hunter's body to do any of that (except of finding him); also, if Trokar's demise was reported to Bartok, he will eliminate the very certain monster (majorly) responsible for his friend becoming dead *
    - You can buy the key to the chest with the weed package from the Shady City Guard once learning about that fact (of its existence there) from Dar or Kardiff (you need to beat Dar to get the clue or be a city guard on the mission from Lord Andre to obtain the hint from Kardif). One proficient at pickpocketing will also get a chance to steal it (Dex 52). It still can be acquired from the dude by killing him, as usual *
    - A very special, enchanted jewel in Daron's chest, which you can use yourself or dispose of at the port tavern *
    - Weakened The Claw of Beliar's all innate and progressing stats by 1/3 (including the chance to inflict the unholy damage) and halved the extra, armor-piercing damage it causes; this way it shouldn't completely eclipse the later weapon models, while still preserving its usefulness across the Chapters; lowered the hero's level requirements for the upgrades a bit as well, so the final model of The Claw is now available starting with the experience level of 44 (instead of 47), plus made its leveling progress inclusive at every even level (22, 24, 26 and so on) starting with the 8; I didn't change anything in this aspect corresponding to the spell runes of Beliar *
    - Mass frying/roasting on a pan/stove, heating in a forge, shaping on an anvil, brewing at an alchemy bench, and so on

Additionally, I tested the mod with the DX11 renderer and various texture packs, and it works no problem with those (though, the "invisible characters" glitch pops up every now and then). I also decided to split YAUP into the minimal package (without my selection of textures) and standard package (with them textures). Since there is that Gothic 2 HD Reworked modification coming our way, and it seems like what I was looking for (DX8-compatible, sharper, and bigger, but too performance and lore friendly textures), I hope it would be possible to use them with YAUP once it's here.

I'm trying to implement a few new magical tricks for them mages, so they would actually become a more interesting, mechanically-wise choice; various summoning charms, strength enchantment, and cryokinesis spell among them. However, adding new mystical stuff requires more work than adding a new weapon, so it might not make it into this version.
    Geändert von Czudak (05.03.2019 um 12:39 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #198 Zitieren
    Union - Testphase Avatar von Niko5511

Niko5511 ist offline
    Nice to hear that you further improve the game.

I found an interesting site in russian forums about also fixing the standard game. They share the scripts for all the modbuilders. Pershaps you can get also ideas from there

https://rpgrussia.com/resources/neof...dlja-g2nv.481/

Keep the good work, i like your version of gothic.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #199 Zitieren

Czudak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Niko5511 Beitrag anzeigen
    Nice to hear that you further improve the game.

I found an interesting site in russian forums about also fixing the standard game. They share the scripts for all the modbuilders. Pershaps you can get also ideas from there

https://rpgrussia.com/resources/neof...dlja-g2nv.481/

Keep the good work, i like your version of gothic.
    Thank you very much.

And that patch is awesome, plus it has links to edited Irdorath's ZEN that wipes out this "you fall through the floor" bug with the second fire dragon!

You going into credits for that, along with the patches' authors, my homie.

PS. I already added the edited menus and camera, and they are beyond swell.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #200 Zitieren
    Apprentice

shades01 ist offline
    Hey Niko, great find. Does this russian patch work on english version of the game? How to install it properly? Thanks

Seite 10 von 34 « Erste ... 3678910111213141721 ... Letzte »