Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    I often buy my games from key sites, such as CdKeys........cos why pay double? (after all, one of the much touted advantages of digital distribution was that publishers would be able to sell games cheaper, by cutting out the middle man; but actually buying direct from publisher via digital download is without exception, the most expensive way to buy games)

However, with a PB game, I would hate to obtain my copy from a site that resulted in the developers getting no slice of my entry fee.

....for example, I know that keys sold by G2A, are often obtained by fraudlent means, hacking, false representation, etc, but CdKeys seems much cleaner a site to me.

Anyone know of any reason why I shouldn't buy Elex from CdKeys?
    MatDerKater ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Warrior
    AFAIK Cdkeys.com is a grey market (= not official) reseller, they obtain the keys from cheaper regions and are directly responsible for what they sell, while G2A is a marketplace for users, who sell keys from unknown/shady sources. The developers likely get a smaller cut from a game sold at Cdkeys.com than on e.g. Steam.
    rotator ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    AFAIK Cdkeys.com is a grey market (= not official) reseller, they obtain the keys from cheaper regions and are directly responsible for what they sell, while G2A is a marketplace for users, who sell keys from unknown/shady sources. The developers likely get a smaller cut from a game sold at Cdkeys.com than on e.g. Steam.

hmm...perhaps I will just preorder it on Steam then, even though I hate Steam.........or GoG.....DRM free always best option....that means I actually own my own game, internet connection to hand or not....how good is that!?

Edit:

Just bought it on GoG....

.....now here is wondering what game breaking bugs or idiotic annoying features PB will manage to squeeze into their game this time around.....

....all the Gothic's had performance issues on current gen hardware, G3 was in an alpha stage, Risen 2 had warping foliage, and Risen 3 had totally retarded combat, counter-intuitive gamepad config, and of course the 'sea beast battles', which made Risen 3 the only PB game I never completed at least once.

(Risen I think has been their only 'clean' release)
    MatDerKater ist offline Geändert von MatDerKater (07.09.2017 um 22:11 Uhr)

4. #4 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Jolly Jumper
    Zitat Zitat von MatDerKater Beitrag anzeigen
    hmm...perhaps I will just preorder it on Steam then, even though I hate Steam.........or GoG.....DRM free always best option....that means I actually own my own game, internet connection to hand or not....how good is that!?

Edit:

Just bought it on GoG....

.....now here is wondering what game breaking bugs or idiotic annoying features PB will manage to squeeze into their game this time around.....

....all the Gothic's had performance issues on current gen hardware, G3 was in an alpha stage, Risen 2 had warping foliage, and Risen 3 had totally retarded combat, counter-intuitive gamepad config, and of course the 'sea beast battles', which made Risen 3 the only PB game I never completed at least once.

(Risen I think has been their only 'clean' release)
    While the Risens did lack on the gameplay side, they are not known for many technical bugs (except the warping plants and one quest bug in Risen 1 as I know). They improved a lot here since the Gothic 3 disaster. As we can see on the Youtube videos, the game seems to run quite well for a alpha release (which is of course no guarantee for bugs somewhere else). Especially, in Risen 2 + 3 the story and parts of the gameplay were bad, not the technics. In Risen 3 extended release no bug came to my attention when playing.
    No one expects the Gnomish Inquisition.
    Und es geht niemanden etwas an, dass ich nichts zu verbergen habe - AK Vorrat!
    Jolly Jumper ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Apprentice Avatar von kozzy
    Zitat Zitat von Jolly Jumper Beitrag anzeigen
    While the Risens did lack on the gameplay side, they are not known for many technical bugs (except the warping plants and one quest bug in Risen 1 as I know). They improved a lot here since the Gothic 3 disaster. As we can see on the Youtube videos, the game seems to run quite well for a alpha release (which is of course no guarantee for bugs somewhere else). Especially, in Risen 2 + 3 the story and parts of the gameplay were bad, not the technics. In Risen 3 extended release no bug came to my attention when playing.
    I agree with this.

For me I really enjoy PB and Obsidian rpgs, but in the past they both released some buggy games. Lately though I have not had any big bugs or issues with either developers last 3 games (PB = Risen 1-3 and Obsidian = South Park, Pillars Of Eternity and Tyranny). Bugs, crashes and performance issues I had with the Gothic games (especially Gothic 3 at launch) but I didn't have any crashes or big quest bugs in the risen games (the worst part in the Risen games for me was in Risen 2 how the foliage and trees,etc.. all was very warpy).
    kozzy ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Zitat Zitat von kozzy Beitrag anzeigen
    I agree with this.

the worst part in the Risen games for me was in Risen 2 how the foliage and trees,etc.. all was very warpy.
    Which rendered the game totally unplayable, surely?
    MatDerKater ist offline