Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 5 von 18 « Erste 1234567891216 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 358
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #81
    Ranger Avatar von Vaana

Vaana ist offline
    It looks like kanal sueski leaked again..
    [Video]

Unfortunately, it doesn't add the demon hunter armor.
    I think all it does is edit the startup.d file, no world change... :/

And that video you posted is just a recreation
    Zitat Zitat von Gastan Leaks
    ]
    That's not the newer version of the Sequel. It's all recreated.
    Stay safe!
    Geändert von Vaana (22.10.2017 um 22:18 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #82
    Halbgott Avatar von Kyle07

Kyle07 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Vaana Beitrag anzeigen
    That demon hunter armor (Hum_DHT2S_ARMOR.ASC) can be also seen on a screenshot from the Gothic 2 beta
    [Bild: lmofa5A.jpg]
    It seems to have been added in the (as you dont like to call it) "newer build" and remained in G2 until it was replaced by the newer armor...

Not only that, the "newer build" seems to have more waypoints (in the mountain fort) and some different textures.
    The interesting thing about the sequel and Gothic II is, that PB always said that no work from the sequel went into Gothic II.

But also interesting is the above screenshot. The sequel has the "new" Gothic II health bar. This Gothic II beta screenshot still has the Gothic I health bar. Seems that some time went by until they decided to take the Sequel health bar, right?

3. Beiträge anzeigen #83
    Knight Avatar von catalinux

catalinux ist offline
    I think all it does is edit the startup.d file, no world change... :/
    It just adds a few WP to WORLD.ZEN (and the river is messed up a bit - the mesh plane is a bit higher, so it looks strange).

No scripts or other files in the .vdf

4. Beiträge anzeigen #84
    banned

Phantom95 ist offline
    Gothic 2 beta
    This is not beta Gothic 2, it's a very early prototype of Gothic 2 from January 2002, even the pre alpha version can not be called.
    I think that on the initial the development phase of Gothic 2 included more content from the sequel. Although, animations, for example, were not inserted, Alex Bruggemann did not want his work using gothic 2, it is also possible that Demon waran and Demon wolf were not used because of the reluctance of the authors to see their material in another project.
    Geändert von Phantom95 (23.10.2017 um 11:30 Uhr)

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #85
    Ranger Avatar von Vaana

Vaana ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Phantom95 Beitrag anzeigen
    This is not beta Gothic 2, it's a very early prototype of Gothic 2 from January 2002, even the pre alpha version can not be called.
    I think that on the initial the development phase of Gothic 2 included more content from the sequel. Although, animations, for example, were not inserted, Alex Bruggemann did not want his work using gothic 2, it is also possible that Demon waran and Demon wolf were not used because of the reluctance of the authors to see their material in another project.
    How do you know all of this?
    Does that prototype include this house/farm at place where pyramids now are...
    [Bild: h9fhDGz.jpg]
    [Bild: LWxPPZM.jpg]

Comparison and proof that it is near the pyramids here btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O_w6LU6lHot
    or here if you are lazy to watch it: https://i.imgur.com/7BhvREN.jpg https://i.imgur.com/3Pm7vtM.jpg
    Stay safe!
    Geändert von Vaana (23.10.2017 um 12:30 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #86

Kyle07 ist offline
    But this is speculation, right?

Alex Brüggemann left Piranha Bytes after Gothic I, that's correct.
    But by technically speaking all rights should be at Piranha Bytes and not to him. So I don't see any reason for your speculation.
    The reason why the demon waran and demon wolf were not used can be just a design choice. That's it. Gothic II has for example the "dragon snapper".

7. Beiträge anzeigen #87
    banned

Phantom95 ist offline
    Both options are possible, but the fact that some of the content from the sequel has not been transferred because of the authors' desire, it should be accurate. A huge number of beautiful animations created by Alex were not transferred to Gothic 2... Yes, maybe the Piranhas had the rights to use them in gothic 2, but they did not do it because of respect for Alex's work, this is my vision of this situation, as it was in fact only the developers of gothic 2 can say.

EDIT:
    Vaana, we need to carefully look at the date of the screenshots, the first screenshots of Gothic 2 were made in January 2002, which means that Gothic 2 at that time was in development only 1-2 months, of course, that it was only the initial prototype of the game, the very first work. Meshes location as a rule, several times edited to release, as it was with Gothic 1.
    Geändert von Phantom95 (23.10.2017 um 13:01 Uhr)

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #88
    Ranger Avatar von Vaana

Vaana ist offline
    and what about this version of the city?

There appears to be a ship at the left of the first screenshot
    Stay safe!

9. Beiträge anzeigen #89
    banned

Phantom95 ist offline
    and what about this version of the city?

There appears to be a ship at the left of the first screenshot
    These screenshots were published - 23.05.2002 (http://www.ag.ru/games/gothic-2/screenshots)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #90

Kyle07 ist offline
    A half year before the release of Gothic II? If this is true, then Gothic II is one of the sickest projects ever.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #91
    banned

Phantom95 ist offline
    In the archive I found this news - https://www.worldofgothic.de/news_48.htm
    Question - who has saved screenshots in full resolution?
    Here probably were already presented screenshots from Gothic 2. By addon someday been published screenshots?
    Geändert von Phantom95 (24.10.2017 um 05:36 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #92

Kyle07 ist offline
    In the archive I found this news - https://www.worldofgothic.de/news_48.htm
    Question - who has saved screenshots in full resolution?
    Here probably were already presented screenshots from Gothic 2. By addon someday been published screenshots?
    Somehow funny. This news is mentioning the Gothic Sequel. Even in the comments a guest said:
    Zitat Zitat von Gast am 17.01.2002 um 00:03 Uhr
    Mäßige Grafik-Verbesserung
    Für ein Sequel mag es noch angehen, für Gothic 2 müssen die PB aber noch gehörig eins drauflegen!
    Let me translate it:
    Moderate improvement at the graphics
    For a Sequel this would be acceptable, but for Gothic 2 PB has to improve much more!

I know, that the Gothic I Addon was not unknown at the time of 2001 and 2002. But I'm surprised that even its development name "Sequel" was public back then.
    The news writer himself mentioned that he is surprised that the czech website is talking about "Gothic II" and not the sequel.
    In the first sentences I thought nothing more like "ahh they call g2 a sequel. Makes sense. It cannot be THAT sequel".

For the screenshots. Who knows if someone has them. Maybe someone from here can remember them or restore them somehow.
    Geändert von Kyle07 (25.10.2017 um 08:13 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #93
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Kyle07 Beitrag anzeigen
    [...]
    Die Screenshots dort waren frühe Gothic 2 Screenshots. Und das Sequel-Projekt war bekannt. Nur wusste beim Verfassen der News offenbar noch keiner, dass das Sequel abgebrochen werden musste und jetzt ein anderes Projekt in Entwicklung war - Gothic 2, darum wurde halt noch vom Sequel gesprochen.
    Phoenix Dev | Website | Discord

14. Beiträge anzeigen #94

15. Beiträge anzeigen #95

Kyle07 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von lali Beitrag anzeigen
    Die Screenshots dort waren frühe Gothic 2 Screenshots. Und das Sequel-Projekt war bekannt. Nur wusste beim Verfassen der News offenbar noch keiner, dass das Sequel abgebrochen werden musste und jetzt ein anderes Projekt in Entwicklung war - Gothic 2, darum wurde halt noch vom Sequel gesprochen.
    Jap, so habe ich es auch verstanden.
    Es ist eh überraschend wie kommunikationsfreudig PB da war. 2001 war halt das Internet eh noch nicht so besucht wie heute.
    Aber klar, heute sind sie auch noch nah an der Community. So ists nicht.

Interesting news. This news mentions that the Gothic Sequel would be not an addon for Gothic I, it would be more an independent game.
    For example an standalone addon like Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods or ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif.

I always thought that the sequel would be technically an addon like G2: NotR.

16. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #96
    Ranger Avatar von Vaana

Vaana ist offline
    Speaking of Gothic 2..
    There is this area near the pass which was always a mystery for me.
    [Bild: 7AmLGVR.jpg]
    The remaining polygons and the unfitting invisible wall makes it look like this was some kind of a quick last minute ditch.

The shape of the place makes it look like it was some kind of valley.
    [Bild: aWVZyOj.jpg]

Considering the story, it might have been a pass to the colony.
    [Bild: uQAQ7nG.jpg]

This theory is further supported by the present dragon snapper.
    He might have came here from the valley of mines through this pass since there is no way he would have gotten through the orc infested and paladin guarded pass...
    [Bild: 5XB5fty.jpg]

Also, near Xardas there is a place on a hill which has a path texture..
    [Bild: Jq2kaCh.jpg]
    This could either be a poly that someone forgot to retexture or a remnant from the beta..
    If this is a remnant from the beta then there might have been a platform or it might have been connected to the before mentioned valley/pass.
    [Bild: oUMJZx5.jpg]

[Bild: P22AtIr.jpg]

What do you think?
    Stay safe!
    Geändert von Vaana (28.10.2017 um 23:33 Uhr)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #97
    Ritter Avatar von Emanuel Rhobar

Emanuel Rhobar ist offline
    Speaking of Gothic 2..
    There is this area near the pass which was always a mystery for me.
    [Bild: 7AmLGVR.jpg]
    The remaining polygons and the unfitting invisible wall makes it look like this was some kind of a quick last minute ditch.

The shape of the place makes it look like it was some kind of valley.
    [Bild: aWVZyOj.jpg]

Considering the story, it might have been a pass to the colony.
    [Bild: uQAQ7nG.jpg]

This theory is further supported by the present dragon snapper.
    He might have came here from the valley of mines through this pass since there is no way he would have gotten through the orc infested and paladin guarded pass...
    [Bild: 5XB5fty.jpg]

Also, near Xardas there is a place on a hill which has a path texture..
    [Bild: Jq2kaCh.jpg]
    This could either be a poly that someone forgot to retexture or a remnant from the beta..
    If this is a remnant from the beta then there might have been a platform or it might have been connected to the before mentioned valley/pass.
    [Bild: oUMJZx5.jpg]

[Bild: P22AtIr.jpg]

What do you think?

This is an extremely interesting idea! Comparing this even to some words said from various people in Gothic 2 like the Bandits that came from the "mountains" etc.. it really makes sense.

It would have been epic to have a pass like that wich would even connect to the area of xardas tower. It would/could be even a shortcut to the pass so you dont have to run across half of Khorinis... BUT in earlier levels you would naturally be hindered to go that way because you could put there some monsters that are more suited for valley of mines ready character (wargs? snapper ?)

Also that would give the bandits a trustsome origin.. a real one.. and it could be also extended to the part where it can be associated with the place where "silvio and his men" came.. maybe small camps over the mountain area.... yeah thats it. Thats what gothic II lacked. a playable Mountain Area connecting the starting area with the pass and making the "last" legendary lacking area of Khorinis finally playable!!

wouldnt it be nice to see something like that one day?
    (to tell you the truth the best what could ever happen concerning Gothic for me is a thing that connects Gothic 1, the Sequel, and Gothic II + NotR plus making it all fit together lore and game wise.. also adding many of those nice additions and fixes like that mentioned above... would be GOLD GOTHIC )

18. Beiträge anzeigen #98
    Adventurer

AntonioBarbarian ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Emanuel Rhobar Beitrag anzeigen
    This is an extremely interesting idea! Comparing this even to some words said from various people in Gothic 2 like the Bandits that came from the "mountains" etc.. it really makes sense.

It would have been epic to have a pass like that wich would even connect to the area of xardas tower. It would/could be even a shortcut to the pass so you dont have to run across half of Khorinis... BUT in earlier levels you would naturally be hindered to go that way because you could put there some monsters that are more suited for valley of mines ready character (wargs? snapper ?)

Also that would give the bandits a trustsome origin.. a real one.. and it could be also extended to the part where it can be associated with the place where "silvio and his men" came.. maybe small camps over the mountain area.... yeah thats it. Thats what gothic II lacked. a playable Mountain Area connecting the starting area with the pass and making the "last" legendary lacking area of Khorinis finally playable!!

wouldnt it be nice to see something like that one day?
    (to tell you the truth the best what could ever happen concerning Gothic for me is a thing that connects Gothic 1, the Sequel, and Gothic II + NotR plus making it all fit together lore and game wise.. also adding many of those nice additions and fixes like that mentioned above... would be GOLD GOTHIC )
    True, I really think the map could have some work in Gothic 2, sure felt like some areas could be improved, could have some more areas to explore and such. Though I do feel L'Hivier had the apropriate changes for Khorinis, all it lacks is the area behind the pass that was shown, which would make much more sense as an alternate route (both map and lore wise) than the abandoned tunnel (the entrance that is). It always bothered me that you entered on the right side of the pass, yet the exit was on the left, it would make much more sense to have that small valley lead to the tunnel entrance, though it could be on the left side of the canyon, where theres a goblin camp, or could have both entrances. Also, the path to the south would really serve to connect the Island more, showing from where Sylvio came, even if not the place he was with his men, it would make it so the world doesn't feel like it's inside a bubble.

One thing I started thinking since this Sequel thing came back to light, but it could be possible to merge both it and NotR, in some aspects, like, you start the game trying to prevent the Sleeper, do the black ore thing and ritual, but once that happens, Beliar uses the oportunity to send the Dragons and the Armies of Darkness to conquer the world, and you would have to defeat the Dragons and then either banish for good or join the Sleeper, as it would be in the Sequel. You could try to merge some aspects of the world, like the Paladins taking over the Mountain Fortress, instead of the Castle - which would be the Refugee's Camp - and the Orcs could invade later, just sorrounding the Valley in the beginning.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #99
    Knight Avatar von catalinux

catalinux ist offline
    I was thinking about merging the WORLD from the Sequel with the Khorinis from Gothic 2. Unfortunately, because some limitations from G1 Spacer, this is not possible. Maybe another tool will make this possible at some point, and somebody will restore the pass north of Old Mine and connect it with the missing mountains area from G2 Khorinis.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #100
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Ich seh nicht so ganz wo der Punkt ist, die Sequel-Welt mit der Gothic 2-Welt verbinden zu wollen. Gemäß der Sequel Lore (und G1) ist Khorinis keine Insel, die Stadt ist keine Hafenstadt am Meer und führt durch Gebirge usw. zum Rest von Myrtana und das Meer ist östlich vom Minental gelegen. Daher passt die G1 Welt und die G2 Welt nicht wirklich sinnvoll zusammen, auch wenn man das natürlich, wenn man der Gothic 2 Lore folgen will, durch kreative Lösungen in Einklang bringen kann, wie es die Jungs bei History of Khorinis machen. Nur dann auch noch die Sequel Welt in eine solche Lösung mit einzubeziehen, würde keinen Sinn machen.

[Bild: 2046656.jpg]
    Phoenix Dev | Website | Discord

Seite 5 von 18 « Erste 1234567891216 ... Letzte »