Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Demondays

Demondays ist offline

How to compile model without LOD in G1?

As in title. I converted some vob meshes from G2 to G1 and noticed that some of them got LOD and these models are now changing upon walking closer/farther to them which honestly looks bad and its annoying to me. In Gothic 2 these models were in folder called NOLOD and I think g2 engine was recognizing it and didnt apply lod when compiling them, but in g1 it doesnt seem to work. So any ideas how to solve this?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Ska-Ara

Ska-Ara ist offline
    heres a private message from NicoDe a former Piranha Bytes Employer, he wrote me this some time ago.

Da fallen mir erstmal nur drei Sachen zu ein:

Beim Konvertieren der ASC wird überprüft, ob "NOLOD" im Verzeichnis vorkommt (dann werden kein LoD-Stufen generiert).
    Bei den Meshes (3DS -> MRM) gibt es ein ähnliches Feature (dort muss "NOLOD" im Dateinamen enthalten sein).
    In der Konsole kann man die LoD-Stärke zum Testen überschreiben: zProgMeshLoD <strength> (-1 Wert aus Mesh, 0 Kein LoD, ...).
    (.data:008A5334 private: static float zCProgMeshProto::s_lodParamStrengthOverride dd -1.0)
    this means :
    ASC Datas need a folder with "NOLOD" in its name. f.e Buckethead_NOLOD
    Meshes have to be named with NOLOD f.e. Bucket_NOLOD.3ds
    after compiling they will be without LOD´s

the third info is about to test the lod ingame via console

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren

Demondays ist offline
    Thank You for the answer but it doesnt seem to work:

http://i.imgur.com/ys6XB3q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FSiG9ph.jpg

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Ska-Ara

Ska-Ara ist offline
    ah sry dude.. as far as i know.. this method only works in g2. thought you wannt from g1 to g2 and not the other way.. sry mate

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von MaGoth

MaGoth ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Demondays Beitrag anzeigen
    As in title. I converted some vob meshes from G2 to G1 and noticed that some of them got LOD and these models are now changing upon walking closer/farther to them which honestly looks bad and its annoying to me. In Gothic 2 these models were in folder called NOLOD and I think g2 engine was recognizing it and didnt apply lod when compiling them, but in g1 it doesnt seem to work. So any ideas how to solve this?
    Use the GEngine.

MiniHelp:
    Parameters LOD's from the file "* -params.ini" are used only when compiling the model, then they are stored in the MDM/MDL/MRM-file and later starts to boot from there. While I did not change the MDM/MDL/MRM file format, the GEngine models compiled in this way can also be used to run in a normal G1.

LODStrength is the main parameter, a value of 0 disables the LOD for this mesh, values greater than one, conversely, will increase the LOD effect. The game uses the expression (LODStrength * (1.15 - modelDetail * 0.6)) to determine the LOD's degree.

MfG MaGoth,
    |: WOG.de :|: WOG.en :|: WOG.ru :|: WOG.ro :|||: MAGIC-Team :|
    [Bild: 106462_941c3dcc88ff9e9b5597d9f24d9aea88.jpg]
    |: WOR.de :|: WOR.en :|: WOR.ru :|: WOR.ro :|||: Piranha-Bytes :|
    -=GOTHIC UND DIE FREUNDSCHAFT FÜR ALLE ZEITEN!=-

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren

Demondays ist offline
    Hello Magoth. I installed Gengine from here: https://yadi.sk/d/h110Iv8N3CcrJ9/gam...ine-1.18.2.zip

But I only managed to find GENGINE.INI and these options:

modelDetail=2
    ; ... detail of models (LODing), standard range is from 0.0 to 1.0, default setting is 0.5.
    ; Additional values are also allowed: "2"(or more) disables using of LODs at all,
    ; negative values enforces using of LODs at smaller distances.
    zLevelLODStrength=0
    ; ... specifies LOD strength for a level mesh, in squared pixels.
    ; Default: 13000 (Gothic 1), 0 (Gothic 2) (0 disables LOD for a level mesh).
    I set both parameters to not display any LOD and it works in gengine but after copying compiled mesh to normal Gothic 1 LOD comes back again...

Also I couldnt find params.ini or LODStrength.

--------Edit---------------

Ok, I got it This post explained everything: https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...1#post25245185

It works Once again thank You MaGoth.
    Geändert von Demondays (01.08.2017 um 00:04 Uhr)