Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 40
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice Avatar von kozzy
    So PB is back with another rpg, I am excited to see how Elex turns out!
    Long time Gothic fan (Gothic 2 being my favorite) and while I was not huge on Risen 2, I did have a fun time with Risen 1 and 3.

Hoping for another fun PB game! Of course I am hoping for Gothic 2 quality, but I would be fine with Risen 1/3 quality to

Just wanted to also say hell to fellow PB fans, it has been awhile since I have been on these World Of Gothic style sites, hope everyone is doing well and that we all get an enjoyable PB game with Exel!
    kozzy ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Pleasure to welcome you. Your tastes align with mine, it's nice to see someone who appreciates the relative masterpiece of Gothic 2. Cheers!
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Just a little over two weeks until release, guys. Feeling pumped and excited?

I've been feeling rather 'meh' throughout the development of ELEX, but I must admit, I've recently started to feel the butterflies in my stomach. The same good old feel of anxiety before playing a new PB game.

Will this be it, guys?

How are you all doing, by the way? We don't talk much, I've noticed.

I, for one, will schedule my calendar accordingly, and will prepare a week off work for myself, just so I can play ELEX on release. Let's hope it doesn't come with any game-breaking bugs.

Very glad PB decided not to toy around with DLC, because I'd hate to wait two more months until a "Definitive Edition" comes out.

EDIT: Still waiting for someone to respond, guys
    The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (02.10.2017 um 18:27 Uhr)

4. #4 Zitieren
    MisterXYZ
    Gast
    I won't be able to play Elex by release as my laptop doesn't fullfill the system requirements. Yet, I'm still excited and planning to buy the game around New Year.

I hope we'll get some reviews on Elex by games magazines in the next 3 weeks and some more activity here again.
    Geändert von MisterXYZ (03.10.2017 um 17:48 Uhr)

5. #5 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von llEill
    I dont usually take a week off for a game. I like to play games after work, when I come home or on the weekends. Elex will keep me entertained for months this way

I am extremely hyped and cant wait to play it!!
    llEill ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    I can't afford to take a week off for the game, but I'll be focusing on Elex exclusively for my Youtube channel until I finish it. I have heard from an authority I trust that the game is the best PB release he's played since Risen, and is even superior to it, so that gives me hope.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von llEill
    Superior to Risen sounds extremely promising.
    Did that authority play Gothic 2? What did he say about Elex compared to that?
    llEill ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von hinti21 Beitrag anzeigen
    Superior to Risen sounds extremely promising.
    Did that authority play Gothic 2? What did he say about Elex compared to that?
    He didn't offer a comparison to Gothic or Gothic 2, but I doubt anybody will consider it their best work. Still, I think Risen is in their top 3, so if this edges that out then I'm gonna be very happy.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Warrior
    The CE is not distributed in my country, so I've ordered it from abroad. Here hoping for a fast delivery.
    rotator ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Not long now till the game is out!

Glad to see people are still around on here

Cool to hear this could top Risen 1! I would be very excited if it managed to be better, I would be fine with as good as Risen 1 but you had me at "Best game since Risen 1!".

What type of character is everyone going to be creating as you go? Or are you going to wait and see once you are in game?

I am looking forward to just exploring the whole game world they have created, I have spent the last month playing Divinity Original Sin 2 and that has been a joy to explore in, so I am ready for some more, I usually love exploring the game worlds PB creates. I am also interested to see each of the factions/groups once I am in the game.
    kozzy ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    I'm planning to stay independent for as long as possible, do all the sidequests for all the factions, just like in the original Gothic, before I make my choice. It's hard to guess what sort of in-game limitations will be placed on us, like maybe options for training will be very limited before you join a faction, or some monsters will be too hard to kill, preventing you from exploring certain areas. I'm gonna play very thoroughly, of course

For my first faction choice, I will probably go with the Clerics (I think I said so in another thread some time ago), but I will make a save before making the faction choice, so that I can easily come back after I finish the game, and try out the other options. I'm still wondering if Albs will be a (re)joinable faction, or mandatory bad-guys. It would also be interested to see a PB game were it would be possible to complete the game (without using bugs) as an independent hero, maybe with additional plot twists, quests, dialogs and rewards (and, of course, harder difficulty); but I doubt if ELEX will have an option like that.

I was thinking of making a "First impressions" thread here at the forums, and post regular updates of my adventures in ELEX; avoiding spoilers, of course, talking more about the world design, game mechanics, balancing issues, possible bugs, maybe some tips to look out for, stuff like that. Would anyone be interested in that? Or should I just stay shut and keep to myself?
    The Ore Baron ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    General Avatar von Khaled
    So the wait will be over tomorrow!

The ideea of doing all main/side quests before joining a faction sounds great to me. Always did that in G1 and G2.

Oh God...I have so high expectations of this game!
    Khaled ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    The time has come, and so have I.

[Bild: GDbFqZ4.png]

EDIT:

All systems nominal.

[Bild: Hpb7fax.png]
    The Ore Baron ist offline Geändert von The Ore Baron (17.10.2017 um 19:57 Uhr)

14. #14 Zitieren
    I'm still in class. Two hours. Argh.
    Morgannin09 ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Grimmwulf
    Downloading on GOG now, 14% complete. I estimate that I'll achieve eternal bliss and salvation in around 2 hours or so.
    Das war's mit dir, du Mistvieh!
    Verdammte Enten!
    Grimmwulf ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    >when you use a time compression device and play 80 hours of Elex in 1 hour
    Weird bug.
    [Bild: iee6gFP.png]
    The Ore Baron ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    One good thing this game definitely did for me: Got me to figure out what was obstructing my download speeds. I was shocked when I was only getting 0.2MB/s when my laptop on WiFi was getting 20. Finally fixed that, or else I would have been waiting all night.

So I've gotten to the gates of Goliet. Haven't gone inside because I need to make the first video. Must say, I'm enjoying it, and I can already tell I'm going to love the size of the world... for the first playthrough, at least. And all the shit I've heard said about the combat so far, I don't really see it. It's not bad. So far.

Voice acting for the English version... I think I summed it up in a quote in my video. The actors stand somewhere between Bethesda and BioWare in terms of their lack of enthusiasm in their performances. Jax's voice is probably the worst match to his character and appearance since the first Gothic.

Really excited to play more but I probably won't until Friday
    Morgannin09 ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    Good so far, not much bugs yet, except the usual NPC walking into walls etc like in previous games. The combat as I mentioned in another thread though, the friendly fire hits with 2 handed melee weapons can be a pain especially in town lol.

Even on easy the difficulty is a steep curve, pro tip don't fight the bad guy on the island with the mature healing plants, that is doom right away, not came across any large cave networks yet, so I can see how the non-instanced map would work.

But yeah so far so good, but damn people hate albs lol
    DABhand ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Zitat Zitat von Morgannin09 Beitrag anzeigen
    Jax's voice is probably the worst match to his character and appearance since the first Gothic.
    That sounds promising! (I had absolutely no issues with that voice.)
    rotator ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    I have about 8 hours into the game so far and I am really enjoying it!

The ai of your companions is meh, the animations won't win any awards and the graphics a mixed bag (love the lighting and views but some of the textures are not the best).

But boy there is alot to love! This is the best PB game since Gothic 3 or Risen 1 imo so far. Not quite up to Gothic 2 level of awesome (yet) but still very good. Seems like a mix of what worked with the Gothic series and what worked in Risen

Now back to more, happy gaming everyone!

PS: Oh yeah, the game has been running very well so far to, no crashes and the fps hasn't gone below 65-70 yet (1060 and older i5 @1080p and everything maxed).
    kozzy ist offline

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »