Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline

ch 4 Fester suddenly kills Sentenza

I am in Ch4 on Onar's farm in the evening interacting with Sentenza.
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    I'm getting Sentenza to fight me when he's eating an apple so that I can get the apple (apologies to purists who don't approve of getting extra apples)
    It got dark and Fester came to sit near Sentenza. I knocked Sentenza down, and suddenly Fester leaped up, ran over to Sentenza and killed him.

I reloaded and did the same. This time I was ready for Fester and knocked him down when he was trying to kill Sentenza. They both got up and it was as if the event never happened: Sentenza started eating and Fester went to sit down.

I've had an encounter with Sentenza
    for an apple or two
    every evening, and Fester has never done this before - and I am speaking about evenings in Ch 4 as well as earlier chapters - it's my habit to return to Khorinis at nightfall always: the day counter in the journal screen is on 114 at the moment.

Did anyone ever see Fester doing this? I'd really like to know what triggers this homicidal mood in Fester
    if it isn't triggered by the extra apple thing.

Thank you for any suggestions.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Dreigestirn Avatar von Arkain

Arkain ist offline
    That basically seems to have to do with your "standing" within the guild. Fester's "helping" you. At this point you're the awesome dude, so he's finishing him off for you.
    Similar things happen with paladins when you're a mage, since you're kinda their boss.

I recommend doing the thing when Sentenza's more isolated or to lure him away.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline
    Thanks so much, Arkhain. Wow - who would have thought I was so awesome

Yes, I'll have to meet with Sentenza earlier in the day.

Amazing - one never stops learning new things in this game. Now, that's awesome!
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    veni, vidi, iuvi  Avatar von Thorwyn

Thorwyn ist offline
    It’s actually a bug that NPCs (try to) kill other NPCs you are attacking. For some weird reason (which Lord Sargon explained here) the cause (or one of the causes) seems to be that the hero got frozen by an ice golem’s or skeleton mage’s iceblock.
    The bug can be fixed in the console:
    edit abilities
    aivar
    9 = 0
    (you can also voluntarily cause the bug with 9 = 14)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Dreigestirn Avatar von Arkain

Arkain ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Thorwyn Beitrag anzeigen
    It’s actually a bug that NPCs (try to) kill other NPCs you are attacking. For some weird reason (which Lord Sargon explained here) the cause (or one of the causes) seems to be that the hero got frozen by an ice golem’s or skeleton mage’s iceblock.
    The bug can be fixed in the console:
    edit abilities
    aivar
    9 = 0
    (you can also voluntarily cause the bug with 9 = 14)
    I liked my explanation more

I take care to never get frozen and it still happened to me basically all the time, except when I was with the mercenaries, where every paladin kept on on attacking me, instead of helping kill somebody else, for example. Odd, really, but who knows what other things might trigger it.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Manucubus

Manucubus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Arkain Beitrag anzeigen
    ...I take care to never get frozen and it still happened to me basically all the time...
    Lord Sargon also says that getting frozen is one but probably not the only way how that variable can be set.
    I had a similar experience with two members of the thieves guild also at a time when I was not even near any icegolem.
    So probably this variable is set by rather common events that happen to many of us...

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Drachentöter Avatar von Enternix

Enternix ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Manucubus Beitrag anzeigen
    Lord Sargon also says that getting frozen is one but probably not the only way how that variable can be set.
    I had a similar experience with two members of the thieves guild also at a time when I was not even near any icegolem.
    So probably this variable is set by rather common events that happen to many of us...
    Thieves Guild fights work quite differntly from the bug described above, as Sargon explained once, those occur mostly because Cassia and Ramirez belong to the common farmer guild and Jesper is a bandit. So everything which triggers Cassia or Ramirez to draw out their weapons may result in Jespers death. On different occasions i saw him dying due to my fights around the hotel, just because Cassia engaged. Besides trying to avoid the sewers for the time being and fighting in central Khorinis, there is nothing one could do to avoid this. Which is quite annoying, Jesper's good to have for Exp later on.