Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Rookie

heyjudek ist offline

Gothic 3 CM 3.0 invisible characters in Faring

Hello, I'm having a small issue with CM 3.0. I have installed it very recently and upon arriving in Faring (already liberated) I see that there is a "strenoous rebel" fighting Wilson and Tom both are invisible and you can only their bows moving around and until they are dead you cannot even see their name.
    There is no way to stop the rebel, aim it with a spell or a weapon. Only killing it with an arrow.

How do I fix this?
    I have the Community patch 1.75, steam version of Gothic 3.

Thanks a lot for the help

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Rock Me Amadeus  Avatar von Askanius

Askanius ist offline
    It seems you use a slightly out of date version of the CM (most recent is v3.1) but I don't think that is what causes your problem.
    I haven't heard of this specific issue yet but the phenomenon you describe sounds like a common issue with the installation routine. So maybe an installation of the CM onto a fresh and clean Gothic 3 could fix the bug. The correct installation order would be:

1) Gothic 3
    2) Community Patch v1.75.14
    3) Questpack v4.2
    4) QP v4.2 Compatibility Update for Patch 1.75.14
    5) Content Mod v3.1

However, it seems that you've gotten pretty far in the game when Faring is already liberated - and the changes would only apply to a new game and not to savegames already created. So I don't think there is a viable solution for your problem besides of a re-installation and starting a new session of Gothic 3, sorry.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Rookie

heyjudek ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Askanius Beitrag anzeigen
    It seems you use a slightly out of date version of the CM (most recent is v3.1) but I don't think that is what causes your problem.
    I haven't heard of this specific issue yet but the phenomenon you describe sounds like a common issue with the installation routine. So maybe an installation of the CM onto a fresh and clean Gothic 3 could fix the bug. The correct installation order would be:

1) Gothic 3
    2) Community Patch v1.75.14
    3) Questpack v4.2
    4) QP v4.2 Compatibility Update for Patch 1.75.14
    5) Content Mod v3.1

However, it seems that you've gotten pretty far in the game when Faring is already liberated - and the changes would only apply to a new game and not to savegames already created. So I don't think there is a viable solution for your problem besides of a re-installation and starting a new session of Gothic 3, sorry.
    e
    Thanks for the reply, however, I have liberated Faring some time ago on an earlier version of CM (I think 2.6 or something, whichever was the latest in mid-2016) and everyone was fine there. This happened after my first visit to Faring on CM 3.0
    Do you think there is any merit to installing 3.1?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von heyjudek Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks for the reply, however, I have liberated Faring some time ago on an earlier version of CM (I think 2.6 or something, whichever was the latest in mid-2016) and everyone was fine there. This happened after my first visit to Faring on CM 3.0
    Do you think there is any merit to installing 3.1?
    Version 2.6 and version 3.0 are not compatible.
    If you continued playing an old savegame from 2.6 on version 3.0 such things can happen.
    I'm sure installing version 3.1 will make it more worse.
    Changing back to version 2.6 is also no good idea if you played already serveral time with version 3.0.
    Go on playing is the best option, but maybe there will happen more such things.