Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline

Fighting orcs - a thing I just discovered - Spoilers: and a question

I'm in the Valley of Mines and am taking out the orcs besieging the Castle. As usual, I started with the ones on the same side as the battering ram you use to get into the Castle for the first time. A couple of new things happened today that I haven't seen in previous play-throughs.

Usually, I try to attract the Warriors and Elite to run after me in ones or twos, and kill them hand to hand. And then I take the Shamans in the area out with my crossbow by the good old hit and run, rinse and repeat, method.

So, today I discovered that if there is a pair of orc Warriors hanging out together, and you shoot with a ranged weapon, hitting one of them, and then run, only the one you hit will run after you. The other one stays where he is.

Whereas, usually when you snipe at one of a group of enemies, the whole group comes at you, at least in my experience.

Also, occasionally, the wounded orc seemed kind of confused, and after chasing me for a bit, without the "giving up the chase" noise, just began walking: seemed not to know where I was. This made him an even easier target to whack with my Cutlass.

Anyway, no doubt this orc behaviour is old news to most of you here, but I thought it was worth a mention since it makes clearing them away a whole lot easier.

Now for the question: one orc I killed fell into a tree stump, and I could not loot him or find his weapon. I tried from every angle, but Nameless seemed not to 'see' the orc. Is there any way to sort this out, or is a re-do the only option?

Many thanks to the forum.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Manucubus

Manucubus ist offline
    had the orc behaviour before too: I normally attack them by my icelance from the maximum distance. Somtimes the whole horde attacks me and sometimes nobody cares that I attack/kill their buddy. Not sure if their behaviour is pre-programmed or if it has to do with the relative positions of the orcs to me (ie if I am in their detection radius when attacking).

with your orc-in-the-treestump: I have no idea, sorry. Also happened to me before...

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Gothaholic

Gothaholic ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Darksword Beitrag anzeigen
    Now for the question: one orc I killed fell into a tree stump, and I could not loot him or find his weapon. I tried from every angle, but Nameless seemed not to 'see' the orc. Is there any way to sort this out, or is a re-do the only option?
    the other option is to forget about the loot. I mean who cares about one ork axe more or less? (ok, maybe you... )

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren

Darksword ist offline
    Yeah, definitely me. I'm a perfectionist which, believe me, is s real pain, but I can't seem to change: got to do everything, find everything and get everything. Ouch!

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Jurdace

Jurdace ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Darksword Beitrag anzeigen
    Die Waffe wirst du nicht finden, wenn sie unter das Mesh gefallen ist.

Den toten Ork kann man plündern, wenn man in der Gothic.ini folgende Einträge macht / ändert:

Code:
    [GAME]
    spawnUseDeadNpcRoutinePos=1

spawnRemoveNpcOnlyIfEmpty=1
    Der erste Eintrag versetzt einen toten NPC oder eine tote Kreatur zurück zu ihrem Spawnpunkt, wenn der Spieler sich weit genug von der Leiche entfernt und später zurückkehrt.
    Der zweite Eintrag verhindert, dass ein toter NPC oder eine tote Kreatur vom Spiel entfernt wird, bevor sie vollständig geplündert wurde.

===

You will not find the weapon if it has fallen under the mesh.

The dead orc can be plundered if one makes / changes the following entries in the Gothic.ini:

Code:
    [GAME]
    SpawnUseDeadNpcRoutinePos=1

SpawnRemoveNpcOnlyIfEmpty=1
    The first entry moves a dead NPC or a dead creature back to its spawn point when the player moves far enough away from the corpse and returns later.
    The second entry prevents a dead NPC or a dead creature from being removed from the game before it is completely plundered.
    Geändert von Jurdace (07.04.2017 um 14:45 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren

Darksword ist offline
    Vielen Dank!

Thank you so much for this interesting tip.