Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline

Gothic 2 on Windows 10?

My PC is quite old, it is running Windows Vista. I'm a bit worried because Firefox and Google and others no longer support Vista, or at least do so only partially.

The thing is, while I was working I bought all the Gothic and Risen games. Now at last I'm retired and can play them all - at least, I can on my current PC.

Is there any way, if I were to buy a new PC running Windows 10, that I would be able to play all the Gothic and Risen games on it? e.g. someone said something to me about setting up a Virtual Machine?????

I know people are running Steam versions on at least Windows 7, but I have all the discs here for all the Gothic and Risen games and would prefer to run from them if possible.

I'm not, as you can see, knowledgeable about computers - my apologies if what I'm writing is rubbish.

Thank you for your help.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Almanach-Gelehrter  Avatar von Schatten

Schatten ist offline
    Hello Darksword.

Zitat Zitat von Darksword Beitrag anzeigen
    My PC is quite old, it is running Windows Vista. I'm a bit worried because Firefox and Google and others no longer support Vista, or at least do so only partially.
    From Microsoft the mainstream support ended on 10 April 2012 and the extended support ends on 11 April 2017 for Windows Vista.6 A new operating system is required.

Is there any way, if I were to buy a new PC running Windows 10, that I would be able to play all the Gothic and Risen games on it?
    Gothic and Risen works on Windows 10 as well. Maybe some technical problems but that should be not a problem. We can help you with that.

e.g. someone said something to me about setting up a Virtual Machine?????
    It is not necessary to set up a virtual machine.

I know people are running Steam versions on at least Windows 7, but I have all the discs here for all the Gothic and Risen games and would prefer to run from them if possible.
    Then do that. Gothic an Risen from the discs runs just fine.

I'm not, as you can see, knowledgeable about computers - my apologies if what I'm writing is rubbish.
    No problem.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline
    Hi to you, too, Schatten. Good to hear from you again.

Thanks so much for all the info, it's a great relief to me. Now all I have to do is find the cash to buy a new machine
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)