Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline

Plant damage a good idea?

I've just done the Canyon in Gothic II NotR Jharkendar, and there are a lot of cactus plants around. I used to grow cacti, and have had various types of cacti fall on my arms and my hands. The experience is VERY unpleasant as with some of them the spines are so fine that I had to use hot wax to be able to remove them from my skin.

So I there I was, running around the Canyon and I ran into and through a cactus. Automatically I checked my health, but I was fine ... and that made me think that it would be cool if an rpg set in a desert environment could have plants that do damage as well as monsters. Too late for Gothic II, sadly.

What do people think? Probably there are games out there with plant damage as a feature ...
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Mythos Avatar von Elvardo

Elvardo ist offline
    I my modification, i placed a stinging nettle near to the swamp temple. It actually does damage if someone runs over it.
    But i went lazy about this concept and never placed more around the area.

Also, when i made plans about a dungeon level for my mod, set in a dark, creepy cave, i considered the concept of plant like creatures that live inside this cave and would do damage to the player if he touches, or worse, is devoured by them. I was inspired by Tomb Raider - Angel of Darkness, where you can be killed by some nasty, genetic modified plants inside a laboratory.

Maybe the Antariar-Mod is interested in your idea of plant damage? You could ask them.

I hope, my english is understandable.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Darksword

Darksword ist offline
    That's really interesting, thank you, Elvardo.

And your English is perfectly understandable - I wish my German were as good. I'm so grateful that we English-speakers are allowed to post to this forum. Thank you all.
    "All that matters is Strength." (Mercenary who hangs out in Onar's house)

Healing potions: the case for addiction (Book title in Divine Divinity)

"I've seen better times. Too little to live on, too much to die." (Farim, Gothic II Night of the Raven)