Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Neuling Avatar von TiagoRocha89

TiagoRocha89 ist offline

Lightbulb Loading problems

Hello there,

I'm sorry for writing in English, but I don't know a single word in Deutsch.
    I just installed Gothic 1 for the first time, after so much fun with Risen, I decided to try the famous Gothic series.

I installed the following patches;

Gothic - Patch 1.08k
    Player Kit - v1.08k
    Gothic System Pack 1.7

For HD textures and DX11 I used;

Carnage Graphic Patch (G1 version)
    Texture Pack By Artemiano
    DX11 Support by degenerated 1123
    G1_NP_UPDATE

The game run perfectly fine, amazing quality and I was quickly starting to get hold of the controls. Suddenly, it starts to rain in the Old Camp. Because I only had 1 lockpick, and I wanted to try different chests, I decided to save my game. Big mistake... Now, every time I load, this happens;

http://imgur.com/a/4dTY8

The game keeps the loading image, but by the life bar on the left I assume the game loaded. I can also pause the game and quit.
    I also can press F11 and change some settings, but nothing seems to help.
    I believe is because the rain. I also read somewhere that a user was having the same issue in a room filled with objects.

I would like to know if there is anyone that might give me an idea on how to fix this issue. The game saves just fine if it's not raining!

Thank you in advanse.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Inspirate

Inspirate ist offline
    Press F11 and try to disable SMAA and/or tesselation.
    Geändert von Inspirate (20.03.2017 um 15:37 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren

TiagoRocha89 ist offline
    Thank you for your reply Inspirate. I try that, and I also went to Ctrl + F11 for extra options, and disabled all the extras, such as fog and pretty much everything else. The loading option still represents an issue.
    I did a fresh install, and this time I only used;

Gothic - Patch 1.08k
    Player Kit - v1.08k
    Gothic System Pack 1.7

Everything works well, with rain. Of course the rain is far from what it was, but I think my PC is not enough to run all the extras. Not sure if I can use the Carnage Graphic Patch without the DX11, either way I think I'll play without any graphical improvements.

I'm with a i5-4430 and a GTX 750 ti.

Thank you again.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Abenteurer

Jiggy ist offline
    Your savegame is corrupted. Thats all. Dx11 engine for gothic 1 is just a preview build and not really for playing, but you can use it. If you have dx 11 installed, please make a lot of savegames, cause the most of them will be corrupted by dx11 engine. I know your problem. If you want to play with dx 11 an some CTD (there is nothing to solve it, sorry, it's not possible), you can try those settings:

My system is also a i5 from 3. generation and i have a gtx 750ti from palit 2 gb and run gothic 1 with dx11 engine (without other graphic patches) at 30 > 100 frames per second

[Bild: KXU4PBJMDusVLtwUz0Unbenannt.jpg]

Good luck

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister

Woozel ist offline
    His savegame is not corrupted. If it crashes during loading because it rains, you just have to deinstall DX11 or just rename the ddraw.dll to something else.
    Start the game without DX11 and then the savegame can be loaded and you can start using DX11 again later.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren

TiagoRocha89 ist offline
    Hi there, thank you for your reply,

I did a fresh install, this time without DX11. Not sure if I can still use "Texture Pack By Artemiano".
    I will do a second playthrough, and I'll try to install DX11 but avoid saving while it rains. Or I can install both texture packs without DX11, I just used DX11 for the sake of the textures, not sure if they are both related.

Thank you.