Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12
Ergebnis 21 bis 30 von 30
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21 Zitieren
    now also in your universe  Avatar von Milky-Way

Milky-Way ist gerade online
    On Windows it can help to look at the zSpy window to see whether things are happening (make sure to be logging infos, the black entries, as well). Sometimes the logging slows it down though, so turning off the infos can speed things up. (For me, it makes starting a new game or loading a savegame for the first time in the session much, much faster)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22 Zitieren
    Dea

Lehona ist offline
    I had unbearable compile times using wine before. When I tried it again years later on a different system (arch linux) it was working without a problem. You should try to disable zSpy logging though, that can indeed be very time consuming.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux

catalinux ist offline
    I couldn't say that zSpy logging when compiling the scripts has any impact on the time. But yeah, I like to watch the output window, it's so rewarding for my self esteem when no error pops up.

It takes a lot longer when compiling the OU. Enough to enjoy a Green Novice...

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    I couldn't say that zSpy logging when compiling the scripts has any impact on the time. But yeah, I like to watch the output window, it's so rewarding for my self esteem when no error pops up.

It takes a lot longer when compiling the OU. Enough to enjoy a Green Novice...
    Don't you have to use a different tool (e.g. Spacer) for the OU?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25 Zitieren
    Dea

Lehona ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Milky-Way Beitrag anzeigen
    And as a followup: Have you tried user-made tools like Redefix or ADOUSADS? They're worlds faster than the Spacer.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26 Zitieren

catalinux ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Milky-Way Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes, for compiling Gothic.dat I use Reparse Scripts from GothicStarter and for OU I use Spacer. But in both cases I don't feel that ZSpy logging has any impact on the loading time. After all, it's just plain text.

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #27 Zitieren
    General Avatar von Dada

Dada ist offline
    Well, when I have zSpy maximized, it takes about 1 or 2 minutes longer than the normal ~20 seconds.
    Do you work on an internal drive? Because for some weeks I've worked on a USB flash drive and it was so slow, it took me about 5-10 minutes to compile.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes, for compiling Gothic.dat I use Reparse Scripts from GothicStarter and for OU I use Spacer. But in both cases I don't feel that ZSpy logging has any impact on the loading time. After all, it's just plain text.
    Ah, I just misunderstood what you were saying. (I thought the OU comment was also about parsing the scripts.)
    To save time doing the OU, you could look into the tools mentioned by Lehona. They are much faster than the spacer.

What's the last message in zSpy at which it seems to hang when parsing the scripts? Or what stream of messages continues to come? We might be able to compare it to what happens when we start the game to tell you where in the process of starting the game it takes long for you.
    Make sure to log both comments and warnings, and you can start Gothic in Window mode and watch zSpy on the side if you turn down Gothic's resolution / have a large enough screen.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29 Zitieren

catalinux ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dada Beitrag anzeigen
    Do you work on an internal drive?
    Yes.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30 Zitieren
    Veteran

Frank-95 ist offline
    Okay guys, I'm going to test it one more time with log disabled, and make you know.

Anyway, have you ever tried play gothic with CSMT enabled? Did it produce any performance boost?

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12