Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 46
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice

theabraxusentity ist offline

gothic 1 dark mysteries 2.02 translation

I am a non german and polish speaker so i want to translate the dark mysteries mod the 2.02 (which is less buggy than 1.04) into english(subtitles, items, name of npcs etc) but i do not know how to do it. Is there a step to step guide to do it ? Thanks...

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Lehrling Avatar von Nefario

Nefario ist offline
    Well, no, not really. There's no real step by step guide. You need general modding knowledge before attempting to translate a mod though. Here's my run down of what you need to do though:
    First you would start by unpacking the files and decompiling them. Then you will need to translate the text, which could take a long time as it is a pretty big mod. After this you would compile the scripts and pack them into a .mod.
    Then there is the testing process, where you need to see what is translated and what isn't. You would need several people for such a big mod though, so I wouldn't recommend trying to do all this yourself.

tl;dr: you won't be able to do it yourself.

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    General Avatar von Dada

Dada ist offline
    As far as I remember, it's not really possible to translate a mod by decompiling the scripts, because the OutputUnits are not compiled in the DAT. The comments (so the actual dialogs) are stored in the OU.BIN and I don't know if there's a possibility do decompile it.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Dea

Lehona ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dada Beitrag anzeigen
    As far as I remember, it's not really possible to translate a mod by decompiling the scripts, because the OutputUnits are not compiled in the DAT. The comments (so the actual dialogs) are stored in the OU.BIN and I don't know if there's a possibility do decompile it.
    It's certainly possible to decompile the scripts including the OUs if you can provide a OU.BIN (or some other OU-file, don't quite remember). I think the GothicSourcer can do it...

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren

Nefario ist offline
    Yes, you can certainly do it with GothicSourcer. GothicSourcer usually works fine, except it crashes when a mod contains Ikarus. Dark Mysteries doesn't and so can be decompiled normally. We use GothicSourcer for most of the mods we work on in my translation team.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Well thanks for your interest I will try gothicsourcer and then what? I decompile everything in the scripts folder? Or only the Ou.bin and Ou.csl which are in the content-cutscene folder ? And then i translate, save the changes and it is done ?

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von MaGoth

MaGoth ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von theabraxusentity Beitrag anzeigen
    Well thanks for your interest I will try gothicsourcer and then what? I decompile everything in the scripts folder? Or only the Ou.bin and Ou.csl which are in the content-cutscene folder ? And then i translate, save the changes and it is done ?
    Hi, Why do you need decompile scripts? There will be a lot of mistakes.
    You can not ask the authors of the uncompiled source code scripts?

MfG MaGoth,
    |: WOG.de :|: WOG.en :|: WOG.ru :|: WOG.ro :|||: MAGIC-Team :|
    [Bild: 106462_941c3dcc88ff9e9b5597d9f24d9aea88.jpg]
    |: WOR.de :|: WOR.en :|: WOR.ru :|: WOR.ro :|||: Piranha-Bytes :|
    -=GOTHIC UND DIE FREUNDSCHAFT FÜR ALLE ZEITEN!=-

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren

Nefario ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MaGoth Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi, Why do you need decompile scripts? There will be a lot of mistakes.
    You can not ask the authors of the uncompiled source code scripts?

MfG MaGoth,
    The authors are long gone from the modding community unfortunately. Decompiling scripts doesn't always break things in my experience, but if the mod has some complex scripts then there is a possibility.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren
    Dea

Lehona ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Nefario Beitrag anzeigen
    The authors are long gone from the modding community unfortunately. Decompiling scripts doesn't always break things in my experience, but if the mod has some complex scripts then there is a possibility.
    There's always a loss of information when compiling/decompiling, though, because instances are silently converted into integers when appropriate. This means the decompiled code will have stuff like this;

Code:
    Wld_InsertNpc(2365635, "WP_WHATEVER");
    While it's somewhat easy to solve this for externals, it's very hard to do this perfectly for user defined function where this behaviour exists. Certainly none of the existing tools can do it.

As long as you just replace strings, this shouldn't lead to a problem anyways.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren

Nefario ist offline
    For standard functions like Wld_InsertNpc I've never had it convert it to an integer. It always stayed as an instance. But yes, there is a loss of information such as no folder structure with all files that aren't from the regular scripts or NPCs and Dialoges being dumped into the _misk_ folder. Sometimes there are also small errors throughout the scripts which can be easily fixed. Other times however, the scripts will simply not decompile, usually because of Ikarus.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren
    Provinzheld

Orcane ist offline
    You could probably ask the people who did the translation of 1.04 to german if they would give their files to you.
    Then you'll "only" have to decompile the 2.02 files, merge them and translate the new content.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12 Zitieren
    now also in your universe  Avatar von Milky-Way

Milky-Way ist gerade online
    Zitat Zitat von Orcane Beitrag anzeigen
    You could probably ask the people who did the translation of 1.04 to german if they would give their files to you.
    Then you'll "only" have to decompile the 2.02 files, merge them and translate the new content.
    This is not practical. You always have to decompile all scripts, you cannot selectively decompile 2.02 scripts. Furthermore, for the German translation, we also fixed many bugs. It is likely that many of these were fixed in a different way (or not at all) in version 2.02, so that the different version are just not compatible.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Thanks again everybody in this forum! Unfortunately it has passed many years since the first translation(polish to english) and it is difficult to find them for guidance...
    Oh! The german version(polish to german) of dark mysteries is recently released. Does anybody knows who did the the translation so i can ask him for a step to step solution?
    Or even other translators for another mods like the returning for gothic 2(pseudo english patch). Does anyone know who google-translated it?
    Imo there should exist a step to step guide to easy people make translations so that we all enjoy those beautiful mods.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14 Zitieren
    Dea

Lehona ist offline
    Thanks again everybody in this forum! Unfortunately it has passed many years since the first translation(polish to english) and it is difficult to find them for guidance...
    Oh! The german version(polish to german) of dark mysteries is recently released. Does anybody knows who did the the translation so i can ask him for a step to step solution?
    Or even other translators for another mods like the returning for gothic 2(pseudo english patch). Does anyone know who google-translated it?
    Imo there should exist a step to step guide to easy people make translations so that we all enjoy those beautiful mods.
    I'm pretty sure they all had access to the original sourcecode.

When a mod is not build with translation/localisation in mind, it's not that straight forward to write a "step by step" guide, because you'll have to have at least some rudimentary knowledge of scripting to translate everything (and more importantly: to even know what needs to be translated).

Generally you could just decompile the scripts (make sure that it's able to be compiled again straight away), e.g. using the GothicSourcerer. Then you translate every string and ship the compiled .mod and OU.bin.

I think, generally speaking, translating is a lot of work. I'm sure if you manage to decompile the scripts (Gothic.DAT and OU.bin I think are the files you need for that) and start translating stuff, you'll get help once you're (close to) done. I'm sure you'll pick up most of the things anyway during that time

15. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #15 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von MaGoth

MaGoth ist offline
    Lord Sargon..

MfG MaGoth,

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16 Zitieren
    Held Avatar von Eiskönig

Eiskönig ist offline
    If I remember correctly Lord Sargon wrote in a post, that he has created a special program which can googletranslate only russian mods without decompile and rebuild again.
    A few years ago a very detailed step-by-step tutorial (of course in german) was posted here
    https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...1#post23695381 but my impression is, that you will need (too) much time in view of the result.
    Actually you could play the mod in version 1.04 good translated into english
    or
    after a long and hard work to play the version 2.02 in google english quality...

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Am eigenen Kopf führt kein Weg vorbei ...
    Geändert von Eiskönig (24.02.2017 um 22:00 Uhr)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17 Zitieren
    now also in your universe  Avatar von Milky-Way

Milky-Way ist gerade online
    I was a (small) part of that team. We actually started from the English translation since it's far easier to find people who are able to translate English to German than Polish to German. If I remember correctly, we later integrated some updated Polish version.

As Lehona guessed correctly, we did have the uncompiled scripts.

There are no easy step-by-step directions, and I believe the other posters here have summarized the main points.

18. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #18 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von MaGoth

MaGoth ist offline
    theabraxusentity,
    Here Russian version of the mod, if necessary. *Klick*

Ps, I sent you a PM original scripts MT-2.04
    Use GothicSourcer-3.15 for compiling these scripts.

MfG MaGoth,
    Geändert von MaGoth (25.02.2017 um 19:25 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Demondays

Demondays ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Lehona Beitrag anzeigen
    Generally you could just decompile the scripts (make sure that it's able to be compiled again straight away), e.g. using the GothicSourcerer. Then you translate every string and ship the compiled .mod and OU.bin.
    From what I remember GS wasnt able to decompile Dark Mysteries scripts although modification is not using Ikarus/Lego. However authors included those scripts in uncompiled format together with the mod. So they should be in theGothic catalog after installation (at least in polish version of the mod).

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20 Zitieren
    Apprentice

I am surprised for how helpful you have all been (you are a strong community)
    I will begin the translation eventually even if i do not have a team. Believe me i am very determined to do it! And according to all that i have read in this thread i am very optimistic.
    Oh! And thanks MaGoth for the scripts

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »