Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    research Avatar von NicoDE

NicoDE ist offline

Post Gothic 1.08j English Scripts (review)

For another project I need the English scripts and noticed that the compiled files differ from the scripts that I uploaded in the ModDB.

Based on the information in the DAT/OU files I reconstructed the scripts that can be used to create exactly the same DAT files that are included in the official English Gothic 1 release. The differences are mostly related to the output units, but also include two missing files and little changes in the script code. This reviewed version is not intended as bug fix release (there are still a lot of issues), but only for preservation purposes.

Best regards,
    Nico
    ... I thought that had been cleared up ages ago ...
    ps: Note that the symbols in the DAT files have unused/uninitialized bitfields - therefore the binary files will differ if you compile the scripts on your machine (but the symbol order and information, even the line/char pos/count, will match the original).
    pps: The glob patterns (*.d) in the Fight.src and the Gothic.src have been expanded to enforce the required file order (even on the same system the order might/will change).
    Angehängte Dateien
    "Unter diesen schwierigen Umständen bin ich mir sicher, daß diese guten Menschen meinen augenblicklichen Bedarf an deren Gold verstehen werden." -- Connor
    Geändert von NicoDE (19.02.2017 um 20:32 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Dea

Lehona ist offline
    Denk nicht, ich hätte das vergessen

Trotzdem gute Arbeit, das könnte vielleicht ein paar unvorhergesehene Änderungen verhindern, wenn man Gothic 1 erweitert.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren

NicoDE ist offline
    Ich hab's auch nicht vergessen, wird nicht mehr ganz so lange dauern (bis Ende des Monats sollte es machbar sein).

Nunja, es gibt immer noch einige Dinge in den Skripten, welche man ändern sollte, wenn man es als Basis für eine Modifikation verwenden möchte...

ps: Yes, I used DecDat for checking the code logic and string constants (no file/line infos in the symbols). But I also hacked some very specific DAT/OU tools together for the reconstruction/review.
    Geändert von NicoDE (16.02.2017 um 17:32 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux

catalinux ist offline
    Many thanks!

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Apprentice

theabraxusentity ist offline
    I do not understand those different scripts are like a patch with bug-fixes? What has changed?

Except the language and subtitles what are the differences between English and German scripts?
    Geändert von theabraxusentity (01.03.2017 um 00:00 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren

NicoDE ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von theabraxusentity Beitrag anzeigen
    What has changed?
    Nothing very important.

gothic1_scripts-1.08j_enu-rev2.zip contains the complete script base.

gothic1_scripts-1.08j_enu-rev2_diff.zip contains a patch file in Unified format, to document the differences with the script base uploaded in the ModDB.

• Original output units (C_SVM entries and AI_Output) have been restored from original OU.BIN.
      (somewhat tricky, there are two OUs with different texts for the same identifier)
    • Missing ambient info for orcs has been added (B_AssignAmbientInfos_ORC_17.d filename is guesswork).
    • Missing dialog instances for the In Extremo fans has been added (DIA_IE_Publikum.d filename is guesswork).
    • String literals have been restored from the original GOTHIC.DAT.
    • The script code has been changed to match the original GOTHIC.DAT.
      (includes In Extremo handling, commented out German text, and exact code position/length)
    • Glob patterns (wildcards) in the source files (*.src) have been removed, and the file order has been restored from the symbol order in the DAT files.
      (even on the very same system the file search order is not guaranteed)

ps: This is not a bugfix release, but only a new script base that matches the official release. E.g.:
    Code:
    ===================================================================
    --- _work/Data/Scripts/Content/Items/MissionItems_5.d	(revision 1)
    +++ _work/Data/Scripts/Content/Items/MissionItems_5.d	(revision 2)
    @@ -413,7 +413,7 @@

description			= name;
     	TEXT[0]				= "Opens the dungeons";
    -	TEXT[0]				= "des Alten Lagers.";
    +	TEXT[0]				= "of the old camp.";
     };
    This is one of many script bugs (should be TEXT[1] for the second text line).

pps: I required this for creating a script base for the official Chinese release (the localization was obviously done by editing the English GOTHIC.DAT, MENU.DAT, and OU.CSL directly).
    "Unter diesen schwierigen Umständen bin ich mir sicher, daß diese guten Menschen meinen augenblicklichen Bedarf an deren Gold verstehen werden." -- Connor
    Geändert von NicoDE (01.03.2017 um 06:44 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Provinzheld

Orcane ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von NicoDE Beitrag anzeigen
    pps: I required this for creating a script base for the official Chinese release (the localization was obviously done by editing the English GOTHIC.DAT, MENU.DAT, and OU.CSL directly).
    Now, that's awesome!