Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Rookie

roBart ist offline

Question about changing perks in the "Data\Infos.* " files

I am running CM3.1 on the GoG version of the game with all the necessary bits and pieces (minus "Gothic3 Clean Up" - as detailed in the instructions page here).
    Currently I am trying to remove the exclusion change between learning mages skills (I want to be able to learn all in the same play-through).
    To this end I have tried removing both the "CondPlayerKnowsNot" conditions as well as the "SetGameEvent" cmd for the condition world events ("ZZ_Druide" and the like).
    But my changes seem to be ignored even after starting a new game.

I know I managed to get this working a few weeks ago, but I don't think I had CM3.1 with QP4.2 back then.

I also did a quick test, just in case the perk is being picked up from another file, I changed the gold cost for the Druid skill in all it's 3 instances to :5001,5002 and 5003.
    However, when purchasing the skill in game I still get charged the default 5000.
    I see that the "Perk_Druid" string also appears in "\Data\Templates.* " and "\scripts\Script_Game.* " files, but those are not text editor friendly so I can't really guess what to change there.

Is there another change missing ?
    Or is there another more complete modding tool out there (one that also maybe has strings in Eng ? I don't know any de-de, sorry )

Thanks !

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    Welcome to WorldOfGothic roBart

I moved your post to the Gothic3 modification section, there you will get better help.

The learning preconditions of a skill are stored in the templates, not in the info files.
    I recommend to use g3dit to edit the templates.
    For the skills preconditions you must change to the property view P (red rectangle left bottom) and delete the reference GUID in ReqSkill1.
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=854094855c89ca8a7b5730742daac1ba&attachmentid=45220&d=1484670745&thumb=1]

The gold cost are set in the info files. And maybe other preconditions, but I don't know the CM3.1 details.
    Before Gothic3 uses your changed info files you have to delete the binary versions (compiledinfos_G3_World_01.bin).
    See the manual for modders (chapter 1.1.4 in the German manual).
    PS:
    You can enable the option to delete the binary Versions in Gothic3 CleanUp.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Rookie

roBart ist offline

no luck yet

Appreciate the welcome MadFaTal!
    And thanks for the tips (somehow I missed the g3edit in the download section of WoG), unfortunately I had no luck so far.

What is the right file evaluation order for the game between [.pak/.p##] , [.mod/.m##] , [.nod] and [.cpt/.c##] files ?
    Which format is loaded last ?

Here's why:
    There are no .bin files in the game directory (so nothing to pick up with priority). Maybe that's because I haven't run the optimizer yet ?
    Anyway, using the g3edit as well as the g3_tpledit tools the only requirements for the skills are defined are under "ReqSkill1" attribute, which is identical for both fire and dark mages.

[Bild: attachment.php?s=854094855c89ca8a7b5730742daac1ba&attachmentid=45223&d=1484888604&thumb=1]

That tells me that the mutual exclusion property is not in the raw template file, at least not one I extracted. Which also probably means I did not extract (I used G3Pak) the templates in the right order (so that the one used by the game is not overwritten by an ignored version)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von roBart Beitrag anzeigen
    What is the right file evaluation order for the game between [.pak/.p##] , [.mod/.m##] , [.nod] and [.cpt/.c##] files ?
    Which format is loaded last ?
    Take a look in the manual for modders (Gothic3 install folder).

Zitat Zitat von roBart Beitrag anzeigen
    Which also probably means I did not extract (I used G3Pak) the templates in the right order (so that the one used by the game is not overwritten by an ignored version)
    You can use the Optimizer to decompress the files. The tool takes care of the right order.
    You should select "Compatible only with AB" or "Compatible only without AB" to get only the relevant file to edit.
    The optimizer can delete the binary versions too.

Note:
    There is no need to create new .pak or .mod files.
    You can create the folder structure in your Gothic3\Data installation and put all your modified file into the correct folders.
    If you finished your modifications you can create new .mod files including new binary files (see manual for modders).

PS:
    Here is an English Quick Guide for the optimizer G3CU. Maybe it will help help you.
    But the German manual includes some screen shots which are helpfull too.