Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Rookie
    I'd like to make a mod to Risen that is compatible to the unofficial patch that allows doing every quest and joining all 3 groups in a single play through. How would I go about doing that?
    nightstrike ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Apprentice Avatar von Germano
    Zitat Zitat von nightstrike Beitrag anzeigen
    I'd like to make a mod to Risen that is compatible to the unofficial patch that allows doing every quest and joining all 3 groups in a single play through. How would I go about doing that?
    I am not sure that is possible. But, try, try, maybe you'll surprise all of us
    Germano ist offline Geändert von Germano (17.12.2016 um 20:55 Uhr) Grund: Small mistake. My English is weak

3. #3 Zitieren
    Rookie
    If nothing else, I should be able to gain access to two of the three by figuring out how to disable the bug fix from the unofficial patch that blocks the exploit. Any ideas on that?
    nightstrike ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Ritter
    For the most part this should be pretty easy technically. Although, I expect it'll introduce a boat load of bugs that are extremely hard to fix.

As far as I know for the most part fraction membership is handled by "game variables" in dialogs. Look for stuff like this and remove it:
    Code:
    	<Condition
    		ClassName="gCInfoConditionPlayerKnows"
    		PlayerKnows="DON"
    	>
    	</Condition>
    With PlayerKnows= and PlayerNotKnows= for "DON", "REC", "MON" and "NONE".

But trust me, this is asking for trouble. I have no idea what's going to happen about stuff like the inquisition being aggressive at the start of the game or how to handle that properly. You will often have multiple dialogs that do more or less the same, maybe that'll be a problem, maybe it'll just be ugly.
    I'd start with a look at the dialogs. You gonna need Script_library.dll to export them. I'm sorry, I can't go into detail. Good luck you'll need it.
    [Bild: dtc_sig.jpg]

Harald Iken: Überhaupt sollte man als Spieleentwickler das Wort "einfach" oder noch besser "mal eben" aus seinem Wortschatz streichen.
    Kuchenschlachter ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    General Avatar von tombom81
    If nothing else,
    well, I did some investigations using a hexeditor with compiled_infos.bin (contains the dialogs in a binary format)

Looking for Stringtableentries:

0x126B MON, 0x133B DON, 0x1725 INQ
    0x15FF REC

0x1215 PlayerKnows
    0x126A PlayerNotKnows
    0x11c6 bCString

From the picture you'll get the idea which hexadecimal byte sequences to search for:
    [Bild: playerNotKnows_MON.JPG]

MON
    1512C6111E00020000006B12 86 times
    6A12C6111E00020000006B12 174 times

DON
    1512C6111E00020000003B13 64 times
    6A12C6111E00020000003B13 25 times

INQ
    1512C6111E00020000002517 18 times
    6A12C6111E00020000002517 7 times

So you'll have to search and care for 374 dialog files. Since there's about 4500, iirc,
    you'll probably need a tool for such.

Don't know what "REC" was but it's another 20 dialogs to search/care for:

REC
    1512C6111E0002000000FF15 19 times
    6A12C6111E0002000000FF15 1 times, PlayerNotKnows, 0x84087 -> KALVERAMX2_00329

Guess, it's "recruit", so you'll have to search for "NOV", too,
    and so on.

As Kuchenschlachter wrote: "Good luck".

I should be able to gain access to two of the three by figuring out how to disable the bug fix from the unofficial patch that blocks the exploit. Any ideas on that?
    How was that patch done? Is it an executable file or dll? Then it's very diificult/unpossible.

If it's done similar to a mod with pak files you need to unpack them and analyse the contents.
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    TAS for Elex 2 at ELEX II Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)
    Tuvok, scannen Sie den Planeten nach Mikroplastik!
    "Hört mir bloß auf mit "Stormson".
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    Genug der "Blumensträuße". Ich WILL MadBob! Beugt die Realität!
    tombom81 ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Are those all instances where the game actually checks to see what faction you are in?

I should be able to gain access to two of the three by figuring out how to disable the bug fix from the unofficial patch that blocks the exploit. Any ideas on that?
    How was that patch done? Is it an executable file or dll? Then it's very diificult/unpossible.

If it's done similar to a mod with pak files you need to unpack them and analyse the contents.
    It's the unofficial patch available here on the forum. The person that did it provided the sources. I just don't know how he compiled them. I have learned that it requires VS2k5, which is old, but doable even on my Win7 box. I've also read accounts that people who used this exploit (which involves simply leaving a certain Don quest unfinished while starting a difference one, then finishing both) have played through the game unhindered.

I am still too new to Risen modding, I think, to get through this. I'm no stranger to modding in general, but for instance compared to, say, Morrowind, it's a lot harder to mess with the dirty details.
    nightstrike ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    General Avatar von tombom81
    Are those all instances where the game actually checks to see what faction you are in?
    Guess no; there might be parents or children of dialoges that are involved.

I've also read accounts that people who used this exploit (which involves simply leaving a certain Don quest unfinished while starting a difference one, then finishing both) have played through the game unhindered.
    Which are the names of the two quests?
    (From PowerGamer's code it might be possible that "Don_WantsBackHisHarbour" is one of them.)

I'd also need the date of the bug fix to get a clearer sight on this.
    (There are at least two versions of the patch. Was the bug fix included from the first version on?)
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    TAS for Elex 2 at ELEX II Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)
    Tuvok, scannen Sie den Planeten nach Mikroplastik!
    "Hört mir bloß auf mit "Stormson".
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    Genug der "Blumensträuße". Ich WILL MadBob! Beugt die Realität!
    tombom81 ist offline Geändert von tombom81 (31.12.2016 um 17:02 Uhr)