Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice

ETPC ist offline

'Detailed Faces' option broken on PC?

Hi all!

I wanted to at least try ArcaniA before I move on to Risen and was shocked to find that when the graphics options are maxed out, the lighting and shadows break and you have very strange looking shadows cast ontop of characters for example.

I found out that this can be fixed by turning off Detailed Faces but the result is very bad looking faces. Now, I have Windows 10 and a 1070, could this be a problem with newer hardware or has this always been a problem? Is there a way to fix it while retaining the better looking faces with Detailed Faces?

I should also say that I'm running the Steam version.

Thanks in advance!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Krieger

David13471 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von ETPC Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi all!

I wanted to at least try ArcaniA before I move on to Risen and was shocked to find that when the graphics options are maxed out, the lighting and shadows break and you have very strange looking shadows cast ontop of characters for example.

I found out that this can be fixed by turning off Detailed Faces but the result is very bad looking faces. Now, I have Windows 10 and a 1070, could this be a problem with newer hardware or has this always been a problem? Is there a way to fix it while retaining the better looking faces with Detailed Faces?

I should also say that I'm running the Steam version.

Thanks in advance!

No, I do not think that ArcaniA will ever run without problems. For ArcaniA there is no Mod's as in Gothic 3, so that the error can be rectified. Although I have never tried to ArcaniA modding / fixed, but I think ArcaniA has no editor that would be possible!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Apprentice

ETPC ist offline
    I ended up fixing this by using a retail copy. The steam version is extremely buggy but the retail version is also extremely buggy in different ways. So I had to alternate between the two to get any progress made.

Honestly, it wasen't worth it.