Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 24
  1. #1 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    We're already using our sensitive barbels to scour the riverbed of the internet for morsels of new information about Elex from Gamescom, but nothing yet. Our conspecifics haven't returned from their searching either. Thus, starving is imminent.
    Ravenhearth ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    KaiRo has played the demo and uploaded a photo to Facebook:

[Bild: 14068470_10210163115985320_2954124498974828180_o.jpg]

Been playing a bit of ELEX - A Piranha Bytes Game today, and I really dig the new world design. Also, the game feels like the modern and fluent experience one would expect from a 2017 game.

Good job, Piranha Bytes!
    Ravenhearth ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    First new screenshot, but a bit small

[Bild: image-1036439-galleryV9-zmrk-1036439.jpg]
    Ravenhearth ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Ravenhearth ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Ravenhearth ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    German interview with gameplay:

[Video]
    Ravenhearth ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    First observation: Camera does not look pleasant. Besides the wonky collision that will probably be fixed, I just really don't like the latest trend of over-the-shoulder camera angles in games these days.

Second observation: Enemies are not smart when getting shot at. Reminds me of pelting arrows in slow-moving orc heads in Gothic 3. I hope the AI is not in its complete state as of this build.

Third observation: It looks hilariously easy to run away from combat. At 10:15, you can see how the combat animations are so slow you can literally just walk out of your enemy's range and they'll miss. For the love of God, Piranha Bytes, please speed up the attack animations. I understand this is all alpha-build and the current animations are just there to make the game functional, but honestly, looks aside, I can just picture myself jogging around while dozens of people desperately and ineffectually swing their swords at my back while the Benny Hill theme plays.

Fourth observation: Those mechs looked incredibly easy, and their projectiles are very weird looking. And gunplay does not look terribly exciting.

I REALLY want to like this game... there's so much that needs to be fixed before release to make sure that I do.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    To be fair, Piranha Bytes said the game will only be released in 2017, could even be middle of the year. They'll take all the time they need.
    Ravenhearth ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    A new gameplay video from our channel:

[Video]
    Ravenhearth ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Gameplay-wise, it plays exactly like Risen 2 and 3, with a shoddy shooting mechanic implemented. I don't really mind or care about that, tho - gameplay was never the strong point of any PB games, it's the story, writing and setting that will make or break ELEX.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Forward
    Animations are top notch I might even risk here and say "future proof" animations

Honestly I'm just having a rough time finding some positives here but this "thing/game" just looks so bad.
    is this a pre pre pre pre alpha version or the final beta version?
    I think our fans are all shocked cuz we only have a couple opinions so far
    Forward ist offline Geändert von Forward (19.08.2016 um 15:41 Uhr)

12. #12 Zitieren
    Ranger
    this looks like in need for a year more polish at least. animations looks like year 2006, combat looks boring and for heavens sake get rid of those healthbar above npcs. looks extremely distracting.
    rivariad ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    I said it before, and I'll say it again: I will endure sub-par animations as long as they speed them up. These current attack animations are just silly in terms of actual gameplay. I find it ridiculous that you can basically avoid getting hit by slowly jogging away from enemies as they lazily swing swords at your back. It also makes it so much easier to read what an enemy is doing and prepare a block or dodge without developing any real reflex. If they want to have a skill system like Risen 3, where you level up your character in order to increase your attack speed, fine. Just make the basic attack speed a bit faster than this, because it looks like everyone's just given up.

There are some things I like about the demo so far, though. I like the return to the stamina-based system, especially since so much more of player action depends on it - i.e. you can't swing until your meter's gone then dodge away, because you also need stamina to dodge, therefore exhausting yourself is a guaranteed way to lose. The combo meter looks interesting but I haven't seen it in action much so far.
    I like how drinking animations are not only back, but take longer the more health you have to restore. It encourages you to heal sooner, with the drawback that you feel like you may be wasting your potion, forcing you to think about it.
    Jetpack looks more functional and responsive than I kind of expected it to be, and I like that you aren't immune to fall damage while descending from it. It looks like it might be OP in combat, but horizontal movement with it seems limited so escaping from battle with it might not be easy. Also, it may just be a fluke, but enemies seemed to anticipate the player's landing a lot and hit him before he touched the ground, so hopefully that means it's not just a simple means to exploit the lackluster AI.

I really need this game to be good, and Piranha Bytes really needs this game to be good. I hope they can reinforce the strong points and fix the weak. The combat tempo and enemy AI definitely need a lot more work.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Warrior
    There are a lot of things I like. Animated potion drinking, sword on the side, the jetpack, people gossiping at the table, those hi-tech domes(?), chainsaw sword, the layout and small details of the landscape (like birds flying). Also I don't have a problem with the UI and character faces show improvement. Too bad there was no conversation scene.

The over the shoulder camera is a bit worrying, but it looks like you can switch to traditional third person camera. Combat wise it seems to be incredibly easy, even if some enemies can smash 90% of the player's HP with just one swing. I agree that it's very-very slow right now. Enemy AI is quite non-existent. Funny how the projectiles come from somewhere and not from the guns. Colors are a bit muted, like the game was a bit low on contrast or something. Of course it can change with weather effects and the day/night cycle. Finally the music is either not noticeable or plain annoying.

I hope Piranhas will take their time and release a polished product. I can't comment on the lore yet, so I say combat will make or break this game.
    rotator ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    catalinux ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    CGI Teaser, filmed at Gamescom:

[Video]
    Ravenhearth ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Gotta admit, the teaser is pretty damn well-made.

EDIT: yay, 400th post.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Excellent CG teaser, I'm impressed! Sooo, are we again a bald guy? No advancement in hair simulation?
    rotator ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    Excellent CG teaser, I'm impressed! Sooo, are we again a bald guy? No advancement in hair simulation?
    We were only bald in one of their games so far... so I don't know what you're talking about
    Morgannin09 ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Ravenhearth ist offline

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »