Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Ok, so take this with the largest possible degree of skepticism. A friend of mine, from the old World of Gothic Romania, sent me this video. He noticed some similarities between the song from Elex and the song for the game The Long Journey Home, on which Kai was announced to be working last year. This is the comparison video he made:

Last year it was announced that Kai Rosenkranz was doing the music for Daedalic's game The Long Journey Home. But when I listened to the music from that game, it felt weirdly similar to the music from Elex! So I joined (simply merged, no other effect added) the tracks from the two trailers together. This is the result. Same key, relatively similar tempo, basically the same instruments used.

Listen to the tracks separately:
    The Long Journey Home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr2NMdxU8PE

Elex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlXZJDVVVxc
    The link to the video:

[Video]

I repeat: this is not official news, and the chances are slim, but it could be a worthy topic for gossip.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline Geändert von Maladiq (15.06.2016 um 02:28 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Well, in his latest update he did mention that in addition to his "Journey Home" album, he is working on:

...got a few game music jobs. I can't talk about them just yet, except the fantastic "The Long Journey Home" (http://tljhgame.com/) from Daedalic which is already announced...
    source

In other words he still hasn't disclosed the other games he's been working for. It would be swell if he works with PB again. As much as I disliked Gothic 3 and Risen I have to admit: his music gave them unmatched atmosphere.
    Dino ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Jolly Jumper
    In the german forum, Michael Rüve from PB denied this today. So it is official, that Kai is not involved. Sadly.
    No one expects the Gnomish Inquisition.
    Und es geht niemanden etwas an, dass ich nichts zu verbergen habe - AK Vorrat!
    Jolly Jumper ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Warrior
    There would have been no point to hide Kai's involvement, since he is a generally praised figure for his earlier works. However I find it a little disturbing, that noname(?) companies were able to hire him as musician, but PB could not.
    rotator ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    World of Elex  Avatar von Ravenhearth
    Deadalic is pretty well known in Germany.
    Ravenhearth ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von Morgannin09
    Zitat Zitat von ravenhearth Beitrag anzeigen
    Deadalic is pretty well known in Germany.
    In fact their latest games have been very popular pretty much worldwide, especially among the YouTube crowd.
    YouTube channel for Let's Plays and shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/c/Morgannin
    Morgannin09 ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Jolly Jumper
    Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    There would have been no point to hide Kai's involvement, since he is a generally praised figure for his earlier works. However I find it a little disturbing, that noname(?) companies were able to hire him as musician, but PB could not.
    Maybe it is not a matter of "could". There are many more reasons, like availability, style, requirements from the publisher, etc.
    No one expects the Gnomish Inquisition.
    Und es geht niemanden etwas an, dass ich nichts zu verbergen habe - AK Vorrat!
    Jolly Jumper ist offline