Seite 7 von 7 « Erste ... 34567
Ergebnis 121 bis 136 von 136
  1. #121 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Dez
    This place for sure feels like a graveyard. I know I haven't be active either, but seriously what the heck has happened to this place?

IMO it was an huge mistake when world of gothic english forums (WoG) were closed. Those were darn popular. Then the activity began declining slowly and look where we are now.

ps. nice to see you Rekiniku.

Risen 1 is great and you should definitely try it. Feel very gothicy. Risen 2 and Risen 3 are quite different and less memorable.
    Dez ist offline Geändert von Dez (26.04.2017 um 21:30 Uhr)

2. #122 Zitieren
    Chosen One Avatar von rockfest
    Zitat Zitat von Dez Beitrag anzeigen
    This place for sure feels like a graveyard. I know I haven't be active either, but seriously what the heck has happened to this place?

IMO it was an huge mistake when world of gothic english forums (WoG) were closed. Those were darn popular. Then the activity began declining slowly and look where we are now.
    There were too few people active on them and less than that interested in maintaining the place clean. The german speaking users had even less interest to moderate an english speaking forum (not meant as disrespect, it's a choice and I respect it) so it had to be closed.

I guess social media and more interactive means of communication have kind of took a toll on forums plus the new generations have even less interest in them. The older generations either don't have the time or ... who knows? Reasons can vary for each person.
    rockfest ist offline

3. #123 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Dez
    Zitat Zitat von rockfest Beitrag anzeigen
    I guess social media and more interactive means of communication have kind of took a toll on forums plus the new generations have even less interest in them. The older generations either don't have the time or ... who knows? Reasons can vary for each person.
    If you ask me, 95 % of the social media is crap and should be ignored. Sure I have a facebook account to keep in touch with friends and a linkedIn profile for the work stuff, but otherwise, I don't really see much use for it. Social media is not a good replacement for a discussion forum.
    Dez ist offline Geändert von Dez (28.04.2017 um 18:32 Uhr)

4. #124 Zitieren
    Chosen One Avatar von rockfest
    Zitat Zitat von Dez Beitrag anzeigen
    If you ask me, 95 % of the social media is crap and should be ignored. Sure I have a facebook account to keep in touch with friends and a linkedIn profile for the work stuff, but otherwise, I don't really see much use for it. Social media is not a good replacement for a discussion forum.
    Sure. I agree. I feel exactly the same way but we grew up without all of these. We had dial-up, waiting ages for a page to load, it's only normal to want as much content as possible after waiting a good few seconds (and I do mean a few good ones).

Ever since Twitter came out, things changed. They introduced the tweets trend and that brought a shift in mentality. Everything must be fast, small or as little as possible. Heck, Twitter's max character limit is probably smaller than the forum's minimum character limit (maybe exaggerating here).
    It's also related to screens. It fits perfectly with the vast majority of screens being ~5 in. nowadays. You will want as little content as possible but delivered as fast as possible.

It even got so lazy that it's not about writing anymore. Like, Dislike, Thumbs Up etc. If it's click-able or touch-able once it's perfect.

Shall I go on? Why move? If you can speak it, it's even better (Alexa, Siri, Bixby etc)

Can you guess what's next? Just think it and it's done.

PS: I feel old after writing this *sigh*
    rockfest ist offline

5. #125 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von The Ore Baron
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    This place is quiet af. I guess it will be like this until Elex comes out.
    I wouldn't bet on it. From what I remember, when Risen 3 came out, there was very little discussion going on. Everyone seemed to forget about the game soon after finishing it.
    Here's hoping ELEX manages to capture our hearts better than that.
    The Ore Baron ist offline

6. #126 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Danutz_plusplus
    By Joe, WOG is alive again? I just randomly stumbled on here, due to some nostalgia from the good years spend on WoG, and what do I see?
    Almost everyone is still around. Great to see you all! How have you all been doing? Oh, the feelings are coming back!

Time to read up on this thread, as it seems to have plenty of goodness!
    Danutz_plusplus ist offline

7. #127 Zitieren
    General Avatar von Khaled
    Hi y'all!

Mmm.. gald to see some peanuts left around 'ere..
    Khaled ist offline

8. #128 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Boom, necro =D
    Dino ist offline

9. #129 Zitieren
    *shakes off dust*

What year is this?

10. #130 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Zitat Zitat von The Ore Baron Beitrag anzeigen
    *shakes off dust*

What year is this?
    It was 2018 when you wrote that.

It is 2019 now.
    Dino ist offline

11. #131 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von addo
    It's okay to be gay . Anyone this is nostalgic, I never participated much in wog but I was a big time lurker.
    addo ist offline Geändert von addo (22.09.2019 um 23:08 Uhr) Grund: correction

12. #132 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Dino
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    It was 2018 when you wrote that.

It is 2019 now.
    2021 omegalul
    Dino ist offline

13. #133 Zitieren

Still going strong

14. #134 Zitieren