Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 2 von 2
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Ergopad
    It's been quite a while since I last time played Gothic and Risen series, but I now bought Risen 2: Dark Waters and I couldn't help but marvel how it reproduced all the same issues than it was in Gothic series.

In a way Risen 2 felt nostalgic, because it was similar experience than with Gothic 3; stunning scenery, stunlocks and awful balancing. And what I've heard and read, Risen 3 is then similar than G3: Forsaken Gods. Then again, it wouldn't be a PB game without all these same issues again, but I just wonder how can it be that after years of development, the same team does the same mistakes with the same game.
    "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." - Psalm 23:1-4
    Ergopad ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Delicieuxz
    I think Risen 2's mistakes were lack of quality writing, and no dynamic dialog or quest outcome options (it was just an exercise in clicking through all the dialog to always get the same outcome), and island design that became less interesting further on in the game.

I had no problems with the combat, which I think was great - skill-oriented, and perhaps my favourite PB combat, or on par with the Gothic 2 combat.
    Delicieuxz ist offline