Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 3 von 25 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 495
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41 Zitieren
    Ranger

Sagrido ist offline
    Yay! it is finally here! Goin to be great!
    Cant wait for the no weight version. Will try it out without for awhile.
    Thanks for all the work Matt

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von matthias.josefsson Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm planning to release a versione without these features, by the way. I mean thirst/hunger/weight.
    I totally agree with you about this! unless it is very logically balanced and not disturbing the whole joy and experience of this awesome game!
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Fjodik ist offline
    Hey, first of all, many thanks for the ENG translation. I have just started and found two little bugs in conversations.

1.) With Cavalorn at the beginning of the game; when you ask him to teach you something the text is not definitely in ENG looks like weird Russian mixture of text.
    2.) Same with Hakon in Khorinis when you ask him to show you the wares.

So far I am testing optimal D3D11 settings :-), definitely looking forward to announced version without weight, thirst and hunger, do not like it at all.
    Geändert von Fjodik (10.07.2016 um 15:07 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44 Zitieren
    Ranger

Sagrido ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Fjodik Beitrag anzeigen
    So far I am testing optimal D3D11 settings :-), definitely looking forward to announced version without weight, thirst and hunger, do not like it at all.
    Totally agree with you on this. Really hope we can get a version without these things. I honestly cant stand it. I tried the game out some but I will not play it "for real" until these features are removed, since you gotta restart a new game anyway. (especially weight is the worst offender imo)

Btw, do you use organial D3D11 without any normalmaps replacements (like Vurtz or Dark Valley of Mines maps) ?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Fjodik ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sagrido Beitrag anzeigen
    Totally agree with you on this. Really hope we can get a version without these things. I honestly cant stand it. I tried the game out some but I will not play it "for real" until these features are removed, since you gotta restart a new game anyway. (especially weight is the worst offender imo)

Btw, do you use organial D3D11 without any normalmaps replacements (like Vurtz or Dark Valley of Mines maps) ?

I play with original maps which were downloaded with the renderer + LHiver replacement textures (overwriting when necessary). I do not know whether should I also use Vurt replacement textures or not.

The problem with D3D11 I actually have are sudden issues with keyboard / mouse. Simply, sometimes I can not strafe, mouse look, etc...dunno what is the problem, tried without renderer and this issue is not here anymore. On the other hand the difference in graphic is really huge, so I really really would like to stay with renderer. I have posted this issue on the official forum, hopefully sbd will give me some advice.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46 Zitieren
    Ranger

Sagrido ist offline
    I play with original maps which were downloaded with the renderer + LHiver replacement textures (overwriting when necessary). I do not know whether should I also use Vurt replacement textures or not.

The problem with D3D11 I actually have are sudden issues with keyboard / mouse. Simply, sometimes I can not strafe, mouse look, etc...dunno what is the problem, tried without renderer and this issue is not here anymore. On the other hand the difference in graphic is really huge, so I really really would like to stay with renderer. I have posted this issue on the official forum, hopefully sbd will give me some advice.
    Alright. Inside the replacements_Normalmaps_LHiver file the vurtz textures already contains together with all of L'hiver, so I dont think Vurtz needs to be downloaded seperately, I just saw on Jason's release on Moddb that he recommended it. Anyhow.
    Regarding the Mouse and Keyboard, I have no idea. It might be a long shot but I've heard people having issues with systempack+dxd11 renderer, no matter if u play L'hiver or not. In systempack's own thread here people report all sorts of issues with them. Not sure if KB&M have anything to do with this though. Hopefully you'll figure out what the issue is. Please report your findings

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47 Zitieren

Ratamahatta ist offline
    definitely looking forward to announced version without weight, thirst and hunger, do not like it at all.
    just stopped playing because of that

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Fjodik ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ratamahatta Beitrag anzeigen
    just stopped playing because of that
    How far in the game are you? Found any game breaking bugs? I have played just the starting quests until Khorinis, nothing else, only found two translation bugs. New places are really great, D3D11 is nice improvement too although little buggy....but the hunger/thirst crap, I really do not get it, how such mechanism could be fun???

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Fjodik ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sagrido Beitrag anzeigen
    Alright. Inside the replacements_Normalmaps_LHiver file the vurtz textures already contains together with all of L'hiver, so I dont think Vurtz needs to be downloaded seperately, I just saw on Jason's release on Moddb that he recommended it. Anyhow.
    Regarding the Mouse and Keyboard, I have no idea. It might be a long shot but I've heard people having issues with systempack+dxd11 renderer, no matter if u play L'hiver or not. In systempack's own thread here people report all sorts of issues with them. Not sure if KB&M have anything to do with this though. Hopefully you'll figure out what the issue is. Please report your findings
    I think I found the problem, every time I play with renderer ingame (F11, Ctrl+F11), the game sometimes stops responding to keyboard/mouse. When I set the renderer in menu and do not touch it ingame, the problem seems to disappear.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von mathúin

mathúin ist offline
    Hi guys, I'm sorry for the absence, busy with university exams though... by the end of this week I'll start to work again to release a no thirst/hunger/weight version.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Fjodik ist offline
    Hi guys, I'm sorry for the absence, busy with university exams though... by the end of this week I'll start to work again to release a no thirst/hunger/weight version.
    We love you :-)), good luck with exams and take your time. We just need a certain level of hope that you will done it.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Fjodik ist offline
    Can you guys check the temple in Khorinis, the one on the left from Vatras. There is a round carpet on the floor and its texture is flashing, do you have a same problem or sth is wrong on my side? Thx.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #53 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Fjodik ist offline
    Maybe one more plea, would it be also possible to remove fatigue system? The main reason I do not like it is the fact that you can not sleep in someone else's bed, so it is sometimes frustrating to find a bed where can you spend a night :-). If removing this restriction would be easier, I do not mind.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #54 Zitieren

Ratamahatta ist offline
    Maybe one more plea, would it be also possible to remove fatigue system? The main reason I do not like it is the fact that you can not sleep in someone else's bed, so it is sometimes frustrating to find a bed where can you spend a night :-). If removing this restriction would be easier, I do not mind.
    so maybe just fix needed to make all beds usable? (unless assigned to important NCPs as in vanilla?)

Fatigue system makes sense and imho should be implicated for more immersion of whole game, but surely it has to be balanced and realistic (I remember one mod when in the beginning two swings with heavy branch caused all stamina is depleted! Even an untrained male can wield heavier one-hand sword for much longer! I tried it myself during medieval fair - I was striking straw dummy with ~1kg medieval style sword, and there were quite a few strikes done before I became tired)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #55 Zitieren
    Ranger

Sagrido ist offline
    Ye, I want fatigue to stay for immersion. If it is possible to make most beds sleep-able thats another thing. Since the L'hiver mod is russian and Matt mainly only does translation, it might be too much to ask for all these different versions, to much work maybe? Anyway, for me the only thing that matters and breaks the game is the Weight system, that has to go. The rest can stay or go, I dont mind.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #56 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Fjodik ist offline
    Do not forget hunger and thirst which is in my opinion much more frustrating then weight, but agree with you that fatigue is the least tiresome.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57 Zitieren

mathúin ist offline
    In the end I decided I'll remove all these new features (hunger/thirst/weight/fatigue), simply because removing one but leaving another would take more time and create confusion, furthermore these features, as I'm reading right now here and also in the official mod thread on WoP, need to be improved. A lot of people asked unknown to improve. And he'll probably release a 0.9.6, so let us wait, meanwhile I'm working on it and on the dark version (with no vegetation in the Valley of Mines).

18. Beiträge anzeigen #58 Zitieren

Ratamahatta ist offline
    In the end I decided I'll remove all these new features (hunger/thirst/weight/fatigue), simply because removing one but leaving another would take more time and create confusion, furthermore these features, as I'm reading right now here and also in the official mod thread on WoP, need to be improved. A lot of people asked unknown to improve. And he'll probably release a 0.9.6, so let us wait, meanwhile I'm working on it and on the dark version (with no vegetation in the Valley of Mines).
    probably the best choice - until these options are well balanced and all current issues sorted by creator of L'Hiver

19. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #59 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Plasquar

Plasquar ist offline
    2 questions:

1. So, the english L'hiver is more up to date compared to the german one? As far as I understand, 0.9.5 german one isn't tested at all, and you're working on 0.9.5 to fix stuff?

2. What happens if I install your english mod on my german Gothic? I know all the english text like dialogues and item names added by the mod would be english, but is there some stuff that wouldn't work at all? Like scripts working in the background which players normally wouldn't notice?

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60 Zitieren

mathúin ist offline
    1. Definetely! Not to be exaggerated, but I really put a lot of work into it, right after the original Russian version, mine is the best you can find, actually in some parts it's even better than Russian's.

2. Start a new game with this, scripts can cause issues, I suggest you to wait for my next release though, without hunger and so on...

Seite 3 von 25 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »