Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 8 von 25 « Erste ... 4567891011121519 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 141 bis 160 von 495
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #141 Zitieren
    Rookie

Stryder90 ist offline
    Just a question: I'm playing with your version without the needs script and sometimes I get a "Your active lifestyle has a positive effect on your body" or something like that and I get +1 hitpotins... is it normal?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #142 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Gwyn-Deith

Gwyn-Deith ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Stryder90 Beitrag anzeigen
    Just a question: I'm playing with your version without the needs script and sometimes I get a "Your active lifestyle has a positive effect on your body" or something like that and I get +1 hitpotins... is it normal?
    Yes that's normal, everyday your max health increases by 1 if your active enough i.e running around. I may remove it for the version without survival elements.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #143 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gwyn-Deith Beitrag anzeigen
    I may remove it for the version without survival elements.
    good point. I can't remember when was the last time NH simply walked for more than 5 seconds - always running around day and night (unless you're sneaking when thieving ) doing quests, exploring - all the time pretty much very active

That is why I find the hunger and thirst elements making Gothic world more realistic and immersive - you need to sleep, eat and drink to survive and regain vitality. It is just a balance what matters imho. (which is now ridiculously unbalanced -e.g. NH dies from starvation while sleeping, must eat/drink every hour game time - otherwise instant mortal effect), etc. I do understand technically it is probably very difficult to implement into the game as it quite old engine already so rather keep the game without these functions and stay with classic Gothic world mechanics
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

4. Beiträge anzeigen #144 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Fjodik ist offline
    Hey guys, do you have any experience with LHiver playing with bow and 2H weapon? As one is based on DEX while the other on STR, is it viable or not? I do not like crossbows at all....so many possibilities now, tanning, prospecting, bow crafting, etc....I am afraid that I will spread my skills too much and later suffer a lot :-), so any advise would be really appreciated

5. Beiträge anzeigen #145 Zitieren

Gwyn-Deith ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ratamahatta Beitrag anzeigen
    That is why I find the hunger and thirst elements making Gothic world more realistic and immersive - you need to sleep, eat and drink to survive and regain vitality. It is just a balance what matters imho. (which is now ridiculously unbalanced -e.g. NH dies from starvation while sleeping, must eat/drink every hour game time - otherwise instant mortal effect), etc. I do understand technically it is probably very difficult to implement into the game as it quite old engine already so rather keep the game without these functions and stay with classic Gothic world mechanics
    I also enjoyed the survival elements it just needs some tweaking which actually isn't that hard to do so I'm working on those as well now e.g. sleeping wont drastically reduce your hunger/thirst but it does make sense that it increases them some. A few other things need some re-balancing as well (bow crafting in particular) which i'll be doing in both versions.

Zitat Zitat von Fjodik Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey guys, do you have any experience with LHiver playing with bow and 2H weapon? As one is based on DEX while the other on STR, is it viable or not? I do not like crossbows at all....so many possibilities now, tanning, prospecting, bow crafting, etc....I am afraid that I will spread my skills too much and later suffer a lot :-), so any advise would be really appreciated
    Ya I would probably not do 2h and bow, as you said your spreading your skills to much and the stronger bows require so much DEX that it will be pretty difficult to get the stronger 2h weapons as well. It is doable though with careful planning just prioritize one more than the other. So focus on 2h and STR and just a bit on DEX e.g. boost dex to 30 then use all the dex potions/shrine buffs you can find to get it to 50+ for Chapter 1. My first play-through of L'hiver was a 2h/Crossbow DGH and it worked out pretty well, currently im doing a 1h/Bow Paladin with a focus on dex which is also working out decently.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #146 Zitieren

Ratamahatta ist offline
    few other things need some re-balancing as well (bow crafting in particular) which i'll be doing in both versions.
    <...> My first play-through of L'hiver was a 2h/Crossbow DGH and it worked out pretty well, currently im doing a 1h/Bow Paladin with a focus on dex which is also working out decently.
    I had very similar experience as well! although I played a bit earlier version not the latest one so I believe some of the features below are probably changed/upgraded and made better so some of my remarks are probably no longer relevant but still - I listed them for your consideration. I chose DH 2H path, obviously based on strength. But had to invest some LPs for dexterity as I like pick-pocketing in game

After I defeated dead dragon my NH was 52 lvl, with unused 31LPs
    215 str
    80 dex
    46 mana
    550 hps

From potions gained extra +13 protection to Blade/Blunt

1H 69%
    2H 90%
    bow 15%
    crossbow 10%

I learnt almost all trophie skills (except remove dragon snapper horn, claws and hearts) - it makes hunting animals more interesting than just gaining experience , but imho trophies should have better price if sold for some particular vendors. Also learnt to forge all 2H swords from Harad (became his apprentice), learnt to brew str and dex potions and couple new which were added to this mod.

Bought all books from new books vendor for some lps and skills, hps and nice stories written in them! and also bought and forged all available armors for DH (except Heavy mercenary armor). Also upgraded couple armors (didn't upgrade leather armor as by the time I could do so I already had better stats armors).

even while selling prices are sow low I always had enough gold coins to get anything (having in mind how much medium and heavy DH and ore armors cost!) throughout the entire game, so in my opinion it is quite balanced.

What was quite difficult for me - low armor stats: you need to defend yourself very well, otherwise few skeleton goblins will kill you very quickly even you're in your best armor . Even in later game I had few problems with more than 4 lizard people/orcs and 2 shadow warriors in one fight. Seekers are trouble only if there are more than two in one fight. In some cases I couldn't defeat enemy without using magic scrolls. (e.g. to defeat 3 out of 6 dragons I used a 'friend' or two.) All new locations are awesome. Woods are beautiful, was really interesting to explore them (maps could be updated as well imho). But there are always few different ways to work around such issues - I never had to use Marvin in any case - just reload saved game and try different tactics or come back in the next chapter!

Overall - amazing mod!

I have a lot of ideas to improve this mod, without any changes to main story whatsoever, no additional factions, etc - purely in terms of immersion, deeper impression and thrill of adventure

7. Beiträge anzeigen #147 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Fjodik ist offline
    Ya I would probably not do 2h and bow, as you said your spreading your skills to much and the stronger bows require so much DEX that it will be pretty difficult to get the stronger 2h weapons as well. It is doable though with careful planning just prioritize one more than the other. So focus on 2h and STR and just a bit on DEX e.g. boost dex to 30 then use all the dex potions/shrine buffs you can find to get it to 50+ for Chapter 1. My first play-through of L'hiver was a 2h/Crossbow DGH and it worked out pretty well, currently im doing a 1h/Bow Paladin with a focus on dex which is also working out decently.
    Many thanks for feedback. As for the final choice of becoming apprentice, are all three choices balanced? Honestly, always stayed with Bosper but now would like to try another one.

Do you plan to make some more balancing changes or other stuff? Just asking before I start my playthrough :-).

One more thing, there is a weird texture glitch in the building on the left from Vatras (Vatras view) with one guard, more specifically textures on the floor are flashing, it hurts my eyes :-)....the only place in Khorinis where I have notices such problem. Would you be able to do something with this?

In all cases, big thanks from everyone on this small forum to Mateo and you as we all were afraid that the mod is dead without someone with scripting skills who can make the release without the hunger, thirst, etc features as the implementation is really bad.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #148 Zitieren

Gwyn-Deith ist offline
    Yes i do plan to do one more quick balancing update it should be up by tomorrow at the latest. Then I'll prob wait for feedback, more people to play with the updated scripts etc. and go with changes from there.

As for the 3 apprenticeships:
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    Constantino is more or less the same as vanilla G2NOTR. Between Bosper and Harad, atm Harad is fairly balanced, the progression with 1h/2h forging is pretty good so i don't plan to change much there. Bosper (bow crafting) however needs balancing since almost all of the bows are on par with other bows you can basically find anywhere else in the world. This is going to be fixed to be better than the standard bows you can buy/find in the update I mentioned at the start

Note: oh and yes i have noticed the flickering textures too, not where you said though and only rarely did i see them. It might be something that needs to be fixed in the ini files
    Geändert von Gwyn-Deith (26.10.2016 um 12:20 Uhr)

9. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #149 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Plasquar

Plasquar ist gerade online
    I really can't play Gothic 2 anymore without the script (it was from Lord Sargon) that calculates the LP cost only from what you have learnt so far and doesn't include permanent bonuses from potions or plants.
    The 2 best rebalance-only mods (Minimod Balance and New Balancing) available to us germans also included that feature.

Is there any chance you could upload a modified version that changes that?
    It is really annoying to have all the potions in your inventory and not being able to use them.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #150 Zitieren

Ratamahatta ist offline
    yeah, I posted the message with the update on few forums so hopefully few people will try it out soon. I would suggest not to post every single glitch/issue/bugs etc till a bit more advanced into the gameplay - better gather a small list and then provide here a full list as a feedback

11. Beiträge anzeigen #151 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Fjodik ist offline
    As soon as you upload mentioned balancing update I am ready to start one testing playthrough and report everything I find.

One more thing guys, I am using D3D11 renderer with LHiver and still not sure if I should use replacement textures from both LHiver and Vurt. My current settings are as follows:

default replacement textures ===> Vurts (overwrite when prompted) ===> LHiver (overwrite when prompted) - everything looks ok but I have not played too much so far

Any feedback appreciated.

PS: I am really happy that the forum became more alive now :-), thx Gwyn

12. Beiträge anzeigen #152 Zitieren

Gwyn-Deith ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Frosty412 Beitrag anzeigen
    I really can't play Gothic 2 anymore without the script (it was from Lord Sargon) that calculates the LP cost only from what you have learnt so far and doesn't include permanent bonuses from potions or plants.
    The 2 best rebalance-only mods (Minimod Balance and New Balancing) available to us germans also included that feature.

Is there any chance you could upload a modified version that changes that?
    It is really annoying to have all the potions in your inventory and not being able to use them.
    Currently, it always costs 10LP for +5 STR/DEX/MANA, regardless of when you use potions/plants since there are many of other skills to learn now but I wonder if what you said works better, I can implement that though if it enhances the experience more

Zitat Zitat von Ratamahatta Beitrag anzeigen
    yeah, I posted the message with the update on few forums so hopefully few people will try it out soon. I would suggest not to post every single glitch/issue/bugs etc till a bit more advanced into the gameplay - better gather a small list and then provide here a full list as a feedback
    Thanks, and yes i agree with waiting for later updates. I will still upload the update to re-balance the bow-crafting.

Zitat Zitat von Fjodik Beitrag anzeigen
    As soon as you upload mentioned balancing update I am ready to start one testing playthrough and report everything I find.

One more thing guys, I am using D3D11 renderer with LHiver and still not sure if I should use replacement textures from both LHiver and Vurt. My current settings are as follows:

default replacement textures ===> Vurts (overwrite when prompted) ===> LHiver (overwrite when prompted) - everything looks ok but I have not played too much so far

Any feedback appreciated.

PS: I am really happy that the forum became more alive now :-), thx Gwyn
    Thanks again haha, and ya those settings should be fine and yes just make a list of any issues you can encounter that would be great

13. Beiträge anzeigen #153 Zitieren

Gwyn-Deith ist offline

Hand Updated L'hiver eng edition 0.96 Scripts ( older version! )

UPDATED L'HIVER ENG 0.96 SCRIPTS (OLD VERSION):
    A few updates to both versions, any future update will be done after any new issues/bugs/requests have been logged.
    Changelog:
    > Mod can be played without Hunger/Thirst/Weight/Fatigue
    > Woodcutting, Prospecting, Tanning, Enchanting and Bow-Crafting are now correctly taught by their respective NPC's

> When playing without Hunger/Thirst/Weight/Fatigue:
    - hero can sleep for 1-10hours any time of the day
    - hunger/thirst/weight descriptions on all items have been removed
    - some belts/amulets/rings have been altered to account for weight being removed
    > A few dialogues/messages altered
    Newest changes:
    > Bow-crafting has been re balanced to be worth the investment
    > Survival elements have been very slightly tweaked e.g. hero can never die or starvation/thirst while sleeping.

Download:

Installation:
    1. Download and Install following mods in the order for Gothic 2 NOTR if you haven't already:
    a) Gothic2_fix-2.6.0.0-rev2

b) Gothic2_PlayerKit-2.6f

c) G2NoTR-SystemPack-1.6

2. To install the L'Hiver MOD:
    a) Just download the desired version - single file (dark (G2_LH_Edit_ENG_v0.9.6_DARK.vdf) or green (G2_LH_Edit_ENG_v0.9.6)) and put it in G2 NOTR Data folder i.e (../Gothic 2/Data/)

b) Copy contents of Data folder in the downloaded update file
    c) Install desired Scripts:
    For scripts without HUNGER/THIRST/FATIGUE/WEIGHT mechanics copy G2_LH_Edit_SCRIPTS_v0.9.6_v2 into the DATA folder
    For scripts with HUNGER/THIRST/FATIGUE/WEIGHT mechanics copy G2_LH_Edit_SCRIPTS_v0.9.6_v1 into the DATA folder

d) download and copy MUSIC folder into _work\Data\Music (where there are the AddonWorld and newworld folders). Classic music versions of the scripts have currently not been implemented.

Enjoy and also if you can please report any bugs/issues you may encounter
    Geändert von Gwyn-Deith (27.11.2016 um 12:21 Uhr) Grund: old verision

14. Beiträge anzeigen #154 Zitieren

Ratamahatta ist offline
    sorry, stupid question, but please check and edit if needed the whole installation process (Without GD3D11_X17_1) in a row - it will be FAO noobs like me

1. G2NOTR fresh installation

2. System pack Installation:

For "GOTHIC2: Night of The Raven"
    a) Install Gothic2_fix-2.6.0.0-rev2.exe
    b) Install Gothic2_PlayerKit-2.6f.exe
    c) Install G2NoTR-SystemPack-1.6.exe

3. L'Hiver MOD installation

a) Just download the desired version - single file (dark (G2_LH_Edit_ENG_v0.9.6_DARK.vdf) or green (G2_LH_Edit_ENG_v0.9.6)) and put it in Data folder (the path where you have installed the game usually is C:\Program Files\JoWooD\Gothic II),

b) Install desired Scripts:
    For scripts without HUNGER/THIRST/FATIGUE/WEIGHT mechanics copy G2_LH_Edit_SCRIPTS_v0.9.6_v2 into the DATA folder
    For scripts with HUNGER/THIRST/FATIGUE/WEIGHT mechanics copy G2_LH_Edit_SCRIPTS_v0.9.6_v1 into the DATA folder

c) the MUSIC folder goes to _work\Data\Music (where there are the AddonWorld and newworld folders).
    If you don't want L'Hiver Edition music, just don't copy the folder.

You must start a new game (run as an administrator) for the updated scripts to properly take affect.

Also for renderer GD3D11_X17_1 - I believe all zip contents has to be extracted to System folder after all above steps are completed and that's it?

Please let me know if anything is missing? (e.g. in the old L'Hiver version's 0.9 rar folder there was Gotchic.ini file which had to replace the original one in the System folder)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #155 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Fjodik ist offline
    Guys, any idea how to scale UI to higher resolutions? I play in 1440p and fonts are rather small. Unfortunately, UI scale under D3D11 settings does not work very well as it scales the whole screen so the dialogue text goes outside the visible screen :-(

16. Beiträge anzeigen #156 Zitieren
    Rookie

Stryder90 ist offline
    UPDATED L'HIVER ENG 0.96 SCRIPTS (LATEST VERSION):
    A few updates to both versions, any future update will be done after any new issues/bugs/requests have been logged.
    Changelog:
    > Mod can be played without Hunger/Thirst/Weight/Fatigue
    > Woodcutting, Prospecting, Tanning, Enchanting and Bow-Crafting are now correctly taught by their respective NPC's

> When playing without Hunger/Thirst/Weight/Fatigue:
    - hero can sleep for 1-10hours any time of the day
    - hunger/thirst/weight descriptions on all items have been removed
    - some belts/amulets/rings have been altered to account for weight being removed
    > A few dialogues/messages altered
    Newest changes:
    > Bow-crafting has been re balanced to be worth the investment
    > Survival elements have been very slightly tweaked e.g. hero can never die or starvation/thirst while sleeping.

Download:

Installation:

1. Download and extract the rar from the download link above
    2. For scripts without HUNGER/THIRST/FATIGUE/WEIGHT mechanics copy G2_LH_Edit_SCRIPTS_v0.9.6_v2 into the DATA folder
    3. For scripts with HUNGER/THIRST/FATIGUE/WEIGHT mechanics copy G2_LH_Edit_SCRIPTS_v0.9.6_v1 into the DATA folder
    4. You must start a new game for the updated scripts to properly take affect

Enjoy and also if you can please report any bugs/issues you may encounter
    I already started a game with your previous version of the survival scripts... can I just overwrite with the new file and continue or is it mandatory to start a new game?

17. Beiträge anzeigen #157 Zitieren

Gwyn-Deith ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Stryder90 Beitrag anzeigen
    I already started a game with your previous version of the survival scripts... can I just overwrite with the new file and continue or is it mandatory to start a new game?
    you can continue, and ya ill edit my post also no music doesnt work atm so the mod can only be played with the music files copied over

18. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #158 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Plasquar

Plasquar ist gerade online
    Currently, it always costs 10LP for +5 STR/DEX/MANA, regardless of when you use potions/plants since there are many of other skills to learn now but I wonder if what you said works better, I can implement that though if it enhances the experience more
    Hmm, LP cost at 10LP all the time would only make the first part of the game a lot more difficult, but I guess the original author had some kind of plan in mind when coming up with that idea, so I guess it's well balanced in the end?
    It's just that removing permanent stuff from LP-cost-calculation is included in every big german rebalance mod it kinda proves that it's a popular feature.

I didn't know that there already is that 10LP limit and personally I'd be fine with that too, it's just so annoying having all the potions in your inventory but not being able to use them.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #159 Zitieren
    Rookie

Stryder90 ist offline
    you can continue, and ya ill edit my post also no music doesnt work atm so the mod can only be played with the music files copied over
    Great, so I only have to update the files and I'm good to go. Thanks.

A question, do you know exactly how the survival scripting works? I noticed that when the hero fights a lot he has to eat/drink/sleep a lot more frequently... On the contrary the first day I arrived in Khorinis (so only running around from character to character) he could last much more without the survival icons popping up.

EDIT: oh btw, it may be useful for you to add some kind of version number to your updates, so it's easier to keep track of what version people download and play with.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #160 Zitieren

Gwyn-Deith ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Frosty412 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hmm, LP cost at 10LP all the time would only make the first part of the game a lot more difficult, but I guess the original author had some kind of plan in mind when coming up with that idea, so I guess it's well balanced in the end?...
    Yep it makes the early game more difficult and late game easier which is why I may implement the system in the mini-mod balance, the LP mechanics have a better difficulty curve.

I do know how the survival systems work but I wont spoil them since they do break some of the illusion and immersion of it .
    Geändert von Gwyn-Deith (28.10.2016 um 06:05 Uhr)

Seite 8 von 25 « Erste ... 4567891011121519 ... Letzte »