Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Hiya guys, Chilifreak here!!

I just made a trailer for a gaming series that I will upload to youtube in the upcoming month. I know that this is most likely going to be considered as spam, and know that I can't prove otherwise. But if you want you can give it a quick watch and tell me what u think? Becuase I really tried to make the game look attractive because I found the game to be very interesting while I played. I am interested in genuine discussion concerning this trailer and if it represents the game well, so feel free to leave your thoughts (best on Youtube cause it's easier, but this forum works as well)

Have a good one!

https://youtu.be/wGxc9y0wROg
    Chilifreak ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    You might want to make it more clear that this is actually a Let's Play. Sort of, at least. Because that's never stated. Virtually everything you wrote here and that's seen in the video could also just be interpreted as: "I made this new gaming series and here's the trailer for this new game of mine."

This is what I thought at first glance. And only because I know it can't be that, I was able to deduce that it'll probably be a LP. Maybe I'm just daft, who knows? But I'm not sure if it'll help your cause if your audience feels they have been mislead (or at the very least are confused about what your actual message is).

Just my $0.02.
    foobar ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    You might want to make it more clear that this is actually a Let's Play. Sort of, at least. Because that's never stated. Virtually everything you wrote here and that's seen in the video could also just be interpreted as: "I made this new gaming series and here's the trailer for this new game of mine."

This is what I thought at first glance. And only because I know it can't be that, I was able to deduce that it'll probably be a LP. Maybe I'm just daft, who knows? But I'm not sure if it'll help your cause if your audience feels they have been mislead (or at the very least are confused about what your actual message is).

Just my $0.02.
    Well, you are absolutely right, some people might not even know wtf they just watched so I'll have to be more clear next time I decide to do this. If I do this again, that is. The reason I made a trailer to begin with was because I wanted to capture some people's interest before the release of the LP but it might just be warping my content and leaving people confused.

Thanks for letting me know about this, if u want I'd very much appreciate it if you gave the LP a chance when it comes out. Could really use some serious criticism if you're up for it!
    Chilifreak ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    I like the trailer. It sets the game background with fragments from the intro scene, and than it presents the actual atmosphere of the game.

But why the face cam? I never watched a walkthroug / let's play / blind commentary coming with a face cam, I find it annoying.

P.S. Have you played Gothic 1? I'd love to see a blind commentary of Gothic 1.
    catalinux ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    I like the trailer. It sets the game background with fragments from the intro scene, and than it presents the actual atmosphere of the game.

But why the face cam? I never watched a walkthroug / let's play / blind commentary coming with a face cam, I find it annoying.

P.S. Have you played Gothic 1? I'd love to see a blind commentary of Gothic 1.
    First of all, thanks for your opinion, always appreciated!
    Second, the facecam can be questioned, but I'd rather have you question it after you've seen at least one of the episodes of my series. For a serious LP, a facecam can be a bad thing, but I think that for the mood I'm setting which is epic/comedy, it attributes to that feeling. So, basically, if you still think the facecam is annoying and unnecessary after watching the LP, I'll consider removing it, at least for these kinds of projects.
    Lastly, when it comes to Gothic, I haven't played it, but I've heard enough about it to know that it is very similar to Risen. However, unless the Risen project gains a lot of popularity, I will probably not continue in this genre at all. And even if I were to play Gothic, I will want to playthrough all the Risen games first, so I wouldn't bet on it happening. Sry :/
    Chilifreak ist offline